1. Post #401
    November 2014
    250 Posts
    Ah okay. The way you said swing made me think of the cylinder swinging on the hinge.

Well, I made a post on the PVK2 forums about this exploit since I haven't seen one, thank you for the heads up with the Reddit post guys.
    That is sort of what I was thinking: the battery swings from a hinge and falls off, being replaced by a fresh one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

2. Post #402
    April 2015
    12 Posts
    I just got on here, and oh my fucking god am I scared shitless.
    I started to search and my computer ran out of battery.
    My power then went out.
    I finally got back on.
    Searched, scanned, and scanned again. Clean.
    Stay safe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #403

September 2015
    12 Posts
    Use EST to be safe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,468 Posts
    I'm using this exploit as an excuse to do a fresh install of windows 10.

May as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    April 2015
    12 Posts
    Has Yiffy tried to contact us at all?
    I feel really bad for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,468 Posts
    Has Yiffy tried to contact us at all?
    I feel really bad for him.
    7:17 PM - Digivee: How are things going? With your PC an all
    7:18 PM - Rara - BRB Reinstalling Windows: Currently turning my 14GB USB into a bootable Windows 8.1 install media so I can install Win8.1 and then upgrade to Win10, so THEN I can go back to yelling at steam support over my stolen items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #407
    May 2014
    181 Posts
    Oh yeah, I was wondering if we could have our colors from Deathmatch affect the colors of our weapons within Deathmatch. Like, the Crowbar's red would change to my orange if I was in a Race War, that sort of thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #408
    November 2014
    250 Posts
    Oh yeah, I was wondering if we could have our colors from Deathmatch affect the colors of our weapons within Deathmatch. Like, the Crowbar's red would change to my orange if I was in a Race War, that sort of thing?
    And the handle of the flamethrower could change to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

9. Post #409
    May 2014
    181 Posts
    Also, more Railgun. All of the Railgun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 23Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

10. Post #410
    May 2015
    73 Posts
    What kind of weapon is the railgun planned to be? First thing comes to mind is the usual powerful single-shot blast familiar to the Quake games. That's clearly not fitting to the Engineer. Something like the mighty bison but with ammo requirements?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,753 Posts
    That trigger guard still looks a tad wonky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #412
    June 2014
    2,799 Posts
    I find the team paint on the grip to be a little unnecessary but still it's a good improvement so far.

I was thinking of a version with a cord attached to further give it that energy weapon vibe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #413
    Dennab
    January 2015
    1,343 Posts
    What kind of weapon is the railgun planned to be? First thing comes to mind is the usual powerful single-shot blast familiar to the Quake games. That's clearly not fitting to the Engineer. Something like the mighty bison but with ammo requirements?

I would imagine something similiar to fortress forever's railgun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    46,575 Posts
    It doesn't matter if you turn off sprays, or custom sounds, you can still be infected with a custom map that has a bad sound in it.

You have to turn off all downloads including custom maps.

For autoexec.cfg

server.cfg
    since i have plans to start back up my tf2c server you think this will be good enough?

like as much as i'd want to host again i don't want to take a risk if that isn't good enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome New Zealand Show Events

15. Post #415
    May 2014
    181 Posts
    I find the team paint on the grip to be a little unnecessary but still it's a good improvement so far.

I was thinking of a version with a cord attached to further give it that energy weapon vibe.
    There is a cord on the other side of the gun, actually!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    November 2014
    979 Posts
    just wait until valve releases the patch for the exploit before you start up your server again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events

17. Post #417
    May 2014
    181 Posts

Is this any better?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #418
    July 2013
    238 Posts

Is this any better?
    I think it looks perfect. But that's just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,468 Posts

Is this any better?
    Perhaps make the front part of the trigger guard thicken and smudge out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #420
    May 2015
    73 Posts
    I would imagine something similiar to fortress forever's railgun
    Thank you, being unfamiliar with FF I didn't even know the engineer class for that game had a Railgun.

Funnily enough, I was going to suggest having it charge like the fusion pistol from Marathon. Seems like the one in FF acts in a similar fashion. Although the fusion pistol will kill you if you charge too long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #421
    May 2014
    181 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    April 2012
    98 Posts
    The little light seems a bit too small.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #423
    June 2014
    2,799 Posts
    The little light seems a bit too small.
    I'd just remove the light entirely if you increased the size of the back barrel.

The muzzle also doesn't match up well with the front barrel either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,753 Posts
    Trigger guard is still massively thin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

25. Post #425
    June 2014
    6,883 Posts
    Trigger guard is still massively thin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #426
    three wieners
    August 2009
    992 Posts
    If I'm correct, they were talking about the sideways thickness

Like, if the gun was pointed at you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,468 Posts
    I personally preferred the other version that looked like a slightly reperposed kritskrieg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,712 Posts
    I personally preferred the other version that looked like a slightly reperposed kritskrieg
    Personally I feel that the barrel would have looked too big, and that it would look awkward from a first person view. I like seeing it slimmed down, though yeah the light part could probably be extended a little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    Resident Beat Eater.

August 2009
    10,834 Posts
    I like this one more because it establishes new character to compliment the personality of Engineer as opposed to borrowing from preexisting character from another class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #430
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,442 Posts
    The handle. I don't like the way it's painted. It doesn't make sense to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2008
    21,536 Posts
    /r/titlegore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #432
    November 2014
    1,469 Posts
    The handle. I don't like the way it's painted. It doesn't make sense to me.
    I think the handle would look nice with a hatch-cross effect on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #433
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    46,575 Posts
    this just seems to be getting bigger and worse. Pray they patch it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #435
    May 2015
    73 Posts
    It looks better, feels more balanced and less front-heavy.

If I can suggest anything though, I would suggest going with power drill influenced visually, or perhaps the engineer modified/used the power drill's handle into a weapon. I feel that may stick the engineer's "working man" theme as well as give a bit of a makeshift vibe. The battery placement on a power drill handle in this might be nice as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

36. Post #436
    February 2010
    1,489 Posts
    Well, It looks like I'm the victim in this exploit as my computer no longer starts up properly, falling to even fully load past start up. Hopefully it's something else and not having to with this at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

37. Post #437
    September 2015
    138 Posts
    If I assume correctly, the railgun will work the same as engies on FF/TFC, so there will be a charging affect. Personally, there should be a jiggle bone/ animated piece on the end of the gun which will spin faster as it charges and have it put out a puff of smoke or explode and damage you when you charge it too long. It would also work great for an Instagib DM mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    August 2013
    440 Posts
    Would the civilian model be released with the update he comes out in, or will he be released before the update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

39. Post #439
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    3,187 Posts
    Would the civilian be released with the update he comes out in, or will he be released before the update?
    the update he comes out in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,308 Posts
    Well, It looks like I'm the victim in this exploit as my computer no longer starts up properly, falling to even fully load past start up. Hopefully it's something else and not having to with this at all.
    Your backpack appears to be untouched with a couple cosmetics and stranges (assuming this as there's no holes in the inventory), so I think it's unrelated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events