1. Post #361
    Resident Beat Eater.

August 2009
    9,103 Posts
    I was thinking of a neat little easter egg for in TF2C; if you would play as a Pyro and used the Konami code while playing the game would switch to Pyrovision (Your weapon changing its skin to the Rainblower, things like that) untill you die.

Ofcourse I dunno if it should be in TF2C in the sense of keeping the game focused, or actually if it's possible to port it over at all, but I thought would be a neat little thingy as nod to Meet the Pyro.
    You would have so many people trying to do the Konami code that it would hurt gameplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    December 2013
    4,383 Posts
    You would have so many people trying to do the Konami code that it would hurt gameplay.
       Not if nobody knows about it and certain TF2C devs implement it secretly   

Also they'd try it for a day or two and then 90% is already sick of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    December 2014
    135 Posts
    I was thinking of a neat little easter egg for in TF2C; if you would play as a Pyro and used the Konami code while playing the game would switch to Pyrovision (Your weapon changing its skin to the Rainblower, things like that) untill you die.

Ofcourse I dunno if it should be in TF2C in the sense of keeping the game focused, or actually if it's possible to port it over at all, but I thought would be a neat little thingy as nod to Meet the Pyro.
    Totally possible, way outside our scope, however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

4. Post #364
    June 2014
    2,891 Posts
    So any confirmation that the exploit was fixed yet so something like this doesn't happen again?

The website is still pulled, and I don't even feel safe when I'm mapping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    555 Posts
    So any confirmation that the exploit was fixed yet so something like this doesn't happen again?

The website is still pulled, and I don't even feel safe when I'm mapping.
    The wav exploit still works in all Valve games apart from CS:GO and TF2. It also works on most mods.

We're still waiting for Valve
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Croatia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    June 2015
    134 Posts
    The FragFrog TF2C server may be offline for good. I can't get a hold of the owner of the server and it's been offline for 4 days now :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    March 2010
    47 Posts
    The wav exploit still works in all Valve games apart from CS:GO and TF2. It also works on most mods.

We're still waiting for Valve
    Wait, most mods? Don't tell me my precious Pirates, Vikings, and Knights has this exploit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    November 2014
    979 Posts
    Wait, most mods? Don't tell me my precious Pirates, Vikings, and Knights has this exploit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comme...and_execution/

sadly they are affected
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    three wieners
    August 2009
    879 Posts
    Sadly, it does. It was confirmed on the Reddit post if I remember correctly.

edit: ninja'd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,877 Posts
    To be safe, set cl_customsounds to 0 and you shouldn't be able to download other players sound sprays.

edit: noticed there are some additional commands in the Reddit thread you should probably use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Sweden Show Events

11. Post #371
    Gold Member

August 2012
    2,015 Posts
    It doesn't matter if you turn off sprays, or custom sounds, you can still be infected with a custom map that has a bad sound in it.

You have to turn off all downloads including custom maps.

For autoexec.cfg
    cl_allowdownload 0
    cl_downloadfilter none
    cl_customsounds 0
    cl_playerspraydisable 1
    server.cfg
    sv_allowupload 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #372

September 2015
    12 Posts
    Black mesa?

Edited:

I deleted the TF2C folder so I can unistall the game so I have no idea if I had dust bowl pr nailgun.wav.
    scanned with malewarebytes,panda,EST(confirmed to detect it).My stuff also hasn't been stolen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

13. Post #373
    March 2014
    289 Posts
    Welp, just lost my computer... The virus or whatever remote control they have, has been happening and prevented me from updating anything, broke my antivirus and firewall. Despite factory resetting and such, will try finding a solution at some point.

Just want to know why really, to cause havoc or for some other reason. Just feels so unnecessary...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10 (list)

14. Post #374

September 2015
    12 Posts
    Welp, just lost my computer... The virus or whatever remote control they have, has been happening and prevented me from updating anything, broke my antivirus and firewall. Despite factory resetting and such, will try finding a solution at some point.

Just want to know why really, to cause havoc or for some other reason. Just feels so unnecessary...
    When? been couple days since it started.

15. Post #375
    March 2014
    289 Posts
    When? been couple days since it started.
    Just last night, been fine up until now, no warning signs and no sign of the virus, heard that anyone who had played on TF2c with those involved should reset everything.

Did that, and when I was able to get back onto the destop, that's when things got chaotic...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #376

September 2015
    12 Posts
    Did you use EST? It was confirmed to be able to detect it.

17. Post #377
    March 2014
    289 Posts
    Did you use EST? It was confirmed to be able to detect it.
    No unfortunately, my fault for not doing so when I had a chance. Thought by not having the svchost virus and no signs of anything being stolen, I was safe and that a clean out and full reset would be enough, tried scanning afterwards on anti virus and that's when it struck.

Preventing me from finishing the scan then breaking the whole thing, doesn't work at all now, just freezes / errors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    June 2014
    2,396 Posts

if you have a windows 8 cd or whatever, I recommend just boot-and-nukeing the whole drive, and then using the windows cd to reinstall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

19. Post #379
    Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases FATAL
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,501 Posts
    So, can I just do a System Restore,
    Booting back to an old Restore Point should be fine, right? I ran several scans and all came up empty, but this whole thing is bothering me
    Another quick question, if i do a system restore to a point before this all happened, would that be enough or is reformatting the only option?
    Windows System Restore will likely not be enough, and any restore points made should be considered compromised too.

You can take a chance if you so choose but some malware has been known for sneaking its way into previous restore points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

20. Post #380

September 2015
    12 Posts
    My stuff hasn't been stolen either, scanned with 3 anti-virus,no sign of it's effects.

21. Post #381
    March 2014
    289 Posts
    if you have a windows 8 cd or whatever, I recommend just boot-and-nukeing the whole drive, and then using the windows cd to reinstall
    That could be a good idea, I'll give that a go if I'm able to track down the CD. Thanks for the advice!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #382

September 2015
    12 Posts
    Also,when I typed scvhost.exe in the search box in file explorer it came up with a whole list of them but they seemed legit,anyone have a list of the real ones?

23. Post #383
    Gold Member

August 2012
    2,015 Posts
    Also,when I typed scvhost.exe in the search box in file explorer it came up with a whole list of them but they seemed legit,anyone have a list of the real ones?
    If it's in system32, syswow64 or whatever, then it should be legit. It should also say it's from 2009 (for win 7 at least).

The bad one is inside the source sdk 2013 folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #384

September 2015
    12 Posts
    Couldn't find anything in that folder before and after I unistalled source SDK
    Last change was months ago.

25. Post #385
    November 2010
    75 Posts
    Yet another update on http://www.tf2classic.com/

Update 3

We are patching up the few things we can, Still waiting on valve.

Seems the last update was something to do with VR and nothing to do with the fixes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

26. Post #386
    Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases FATAL
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,501 Posts
    Yeah the last update was just the separation of SteamVR from apps so that when the SteamVR base is updated, other apps aren't all touched too (which would result in a huge changelist).

27. Post #387
    September 2012
    1,865 Posts
    I just heard what happened, so basically some crying pissbaby that got banned decided to upload some bad shit/viruses to fuck with people who could actually play the game?

That's just fucking pathetic IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    May 2013
    6,228 Posts
    I just heard what happened, so basically some crying pissbaby that got banned decided to upload some bad shit/viruses to fuck with people who could actually play the game?

That's just fucking pathetic IMO.
    And tried to frame 404UserNotFound, who just wants to move on from the project.
    Really awful stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 17Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    June 2014
    2,891 Posts
    Not really surprised at all if TheRubberFruitFace gets charged irl for the shitstorm he's caused.

By the way, what about Foxyfoofs (Alucard) and that Q player? Were they confirmed to have involvement yet or what?

30. Post #390
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,501 Posts
    Not really surprised at all if TheRubberFruitFace gets charged irl for the shitstorm he's caused.
    This should be the fucking goal, folks! You already have a criminal on your hands, do everything in your power to lock him away before he does it again elsewhere. File reports if you've been hit, archive and isolate the malicious file, etc etc.

If you don't do shit now what's to stop him from doing it again later down the road?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    May 2014
    183 Posts
    Alright so on a less exploit related note, are we intending on adding a Railgun for the Engie? Because I have a model I've been working on that could work for it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

32. Post #392
    November 2014
    252 Posts
    Alright so on a less exploit related note, are we intending on adding a Railgun for the Engie? Because I have a model I've been working on that could work for it.

Could be rigged to the revolver animations for Engineer, the battery on the gun looks as if it would swing out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #393
    November 2014
    979 Posts
    Is it possible to see player names + ip addresses for whoever joined servers in the past? Because if so, we might be able to find out where RubberFruitFace is. Not sure if that could actually work or not though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events

34. Post #394
    May 2014
    183 Posts
    Could be rigged to the revolver animations for Engineer, the battery on the gun looks as if it would swing out.
    It already is rigged that way, actually!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    June 2014
    2,891 Posts

Great! Looks like a cute little mini Kritzkrieg with that design.

Although, that wooden grip is pretty weird looking and it's sort of out of place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

36. Post #396
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,501 Posts
    Is it possible to see player names + ip addresses for whoever joined servers in the past? Because if so, we might be able to find out where RubberFruitFace is. Not sure if that could actually work or not though.
    I would strongly advise asking a mod first if we can launch a raid. Starpluck said in some old Ask Us About The Forums thread that Garry gave a green light to everything as long as it isn't Habbo, but I still have doubts it was a sarcastic response. Mind you since there were crimes committed...

But before doing anything like that ask a mod.

Edited:

Unless you want to do it on the TF2C forums then the rules here don't really apply as long as you keep it there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,734 Posts

The stock looks weird.

Edited:

stock/grip anyway

also, the trigger guard is too thin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

38. Post #398
    March 2010
    47 Posts
    Why not replace the entire battery like some old revolver could put in a completely new cylinder instead of reloading?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    November 2014
    252 Posts
    Why not replace the entire battery like some old revolver could put in a completely new cylinder instead of reloading?
    That's what I was implying: The whole battery falls out of the gun and a new one is inserted.

40. Post #400
    March 2010
    47 Posts
    That's what I was implying: The whole battery falls out of the gun and a new one is inserted.
    Ah okay. The way you said swing made me think of the cylinder swinging on the hinge.

Well, I made a post on the PVK2 forums about this exploit since I haven't seen one, thank you for the heads up with the Reddit post guys.