1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts

Greetings, mortals! It's that time of year again where the dead rise, the spirits are summoned, and the ghouls emerge from the shadows!

Yes! It's almost Halloween!

And with Halloween, come Halloween items for everyone's favorite annual event - Scream Fortress. This year, a community effort will be run up until the release of the official Scream Fortress update, much like several years of the past like Night of the Living Update. In this community effort, the Workshop of Horrors will showcase a creepy collection of the community's greatest works for the season!

Items featured in those collection can range from cosmetics, to weapons, to even maps. Are you interested in having your work featured? Well look no further! But reader beware, you're in for a scare, because this year, things are a little different.

Anyone can submit there work to us, but not everyone may be featured on the website. Why, you ask? This year, there will be a strict quality assurance team that manages what's featured and what not. The team is composed of 7 members from various ends of the contributing community - me, Retro, Donhonk, Psyke, Square, Badgerpig, and Frozen. The team is established to make sure everything looks the best as it can be. If you submit work and it's ultimately rejected, just know: it ain't personal.

So, with that out of the way, here's how to submit your work.

All submissions must be emailed to tf2workshopofhorrors@gmail.com and must include:
    - A Steam Workshop link to the submission
    - A list of preferred usernames to be credited to for their work
    - [OPTIONAL] A link to a mod download

In addition to that, the submission must use the thumbnail template provided below:

.PSD Download

Submissions are closed on Wednesday, October 14th, 2015.

Any questions? No?

Then let's get spooky.

Update - October 9th, 2015

Sending an email with your submission is no longer necessary. Over the course of the next few days, any items using the thumbnail template provided will be added to 1 of 4 collections.

The four collections will be for items, maps, unusual effects, and highlights of years' past. The webpage will showcase selections of these items, and have links to the collections for viewers to vote on their favorites.

Quality assurance is no longer in play. Any items using the thumbnail template will be included.

Source Filmmaker assets for the webpage are currently being worked on.

This is still not a contest. No prizes are being awarded. There has been some confusion on that part.

This is a community project, not a community update. Being included in the project is no proof that your work will be made official. This is all pro bono work to show the efforts of the community as a whole, rather than the minimal work of the few.

This is by the community, for the community, nothing else.

Updates on the webpage assets will be posted as we make them.

Update - October 18th, 2015

We are working constantly on it to make sure things look as good as they can - but we're almost certain Community Halloween Events are cursed. Computer crashes, program expirations, health problems, and dangerously severe weather has all come our way while working. Hopefully we can have everything up before Valve has theirs up.

Update - October 19th, 2015

Collections have been finalized for the webpage. Minimal quality assurance was put in place to keep anything that was too extreme out of the collections, along with anything with visibly minimal effort, or anything that lacked the thumbnail template for this year.

Final numbers are as follows.

Cosmetic Items - 149
    Unusual Effects - 78
    Maps - 21
    Ghosts of Halloween Past - 49

Collections will be visible when the webpage is live. This in no way certifies what is to be added in Valve's official update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Winner Winner x 36Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    7,642 Posts
    Awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,865 Posts
    I'm spooked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2013
    9,714 Posts
    Happy to hear about a quality assurance team being in place, should make for a good event
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2012
    194 Posts
    I got a decent map I can artpass in the Underworld theme.

I'll toss it in.

6. Post #6
    October 2014
    1,615 Posts
    Time to finally stop being lazy and actually draw something sensible and not like in the past.

7. Post #7
    June 2014
    990 Posts
    Prepare for the Skeleton War pals.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,000 Posts
    This is probably the best part of TF2's Halloween events for me now. The restrictions and 2015 gift constrictions means I'm pretty much just waiting to get the models of completed cosmetics to use in things like GMod or SFM as opposed to just getting the items ingame (though not to say I wouldn't try, I spent last Halloween gift-camping Lakeside to get the Alien Isolation items for the occasion).

Good luck to everyone who's going to be modeling items this year, your work is always pretty fun to look at and decorate the mercs with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2011
    1,742 Posts
    I will get started with concept posting. While something like this has probably been done before, no harm in posting it anyway. Is anybody interested in picking it up?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    May 2013
    6,991 Posts
    Not Little Workshop of Horrors? I'm disappointed.
    Also it's great that you're doing this again and I'm looking forward to see what comes out of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    that mime shirt would be too similar to the robber shirt that's in game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,782 Posts
    Aww fuck yeah. I'm totally in.

13. Post #13
    WnR

June 2013
    778 Posts
    I will get started with concept posting. While something like this has probably been done before, no harm in posting it anyway. Is anybody interested in picking it up?

What if it was played more like this-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,782 Posts
    Cross post from emporium.

A while back when I was very very new to modeling. I made a model/submission which was featured in NoTLU 2, named Sir Spooky.

This was probably the most SUCCESSFUL submission I had ever made. Being featured on a news site, Joystiq, and gaining a ton of popularity. http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/t...oween-designs/ I however deleted the submission off my workshop due to having a embarrassment of all my old submissions.

I'd like to throw this out there that I recently just created a new variant of Sir Spooky which is slated for the workshop soon, and hopefully for the workshop of horrors.

Please tell me if there's anything I could add or improve on. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    16,582 Posts
    Blade inspired set for Demo, he's already got the Katana

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,026 Posts
    considering we already have post-apocaliptic wesley snipes demoman, that sounds like a great idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    May 2012
    204 Posts
    Hopefully there will be less random floating pet items this year and more actual horror items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    16,582 Posts
    considering we already have post-apocaliptic wesley snipes demoman, that sounds like a great idea.
    I am SERIOUSLY bad with concept art though, that's a major problem :(

19. Post #19
    May 2012
    204 Posts
    The major problem is more of how will Blade's trench coat fit on Demo cause if not all that's left is giving demo a fade and some shades and that's sort of in game already.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    16,582 Posts
    Somethin' like this

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,026 Posts
    The major problem is more of how will Blade's trench coat fit on Demo cause if not all that's left is giving demo a fade and some shades and that's sort of in game already.
    something like this, maybe? blade is already a pretty buff dude, so you could integrate his coat into demo's vest.

i'm not entirely sure if the vest is color tinted, but it shouldn't mess the class's readbility that much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Chile Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,716 Posts

Reposting that goblin engineer

http://imgur.com/a/je5wy

My others halloween concepts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    ses
    April 2014
    335 Posts
    Here's 2 halloween concepts, one from last year (CLAIMED):

and another I did some time ago (CLAIMED)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2014
    339 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2014
    1,615 Posts

That armor was forged deep in hell, next to the retirement house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Czech Republic Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,511 Posts

Try as they will, and try as they might, who steals me gold won't live through the night.
    Maybe even make hands for it.

Evil veggies from space.

Evil snowman just because.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2010
    856 Posts
    I just realized that we have had six halloweens already and Medic still doesn't have a sexy nurse costume. This is an outrage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    :thinking:
    March 2010
    11,278 Posts

Are you scared of what lurks in the dark? Well I fucking am, and I need someone to hold me tight in he darkness as well as to make these concepts become a reality!

Edit: The Slasher's Staple has claimed another life! Wait no, turns out someone's claimed the concept instead, much more terrifying!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    July 2014
    147 Posts

Mmm. Smells like... burning flesh? God, these Mann Co. Scented Candles™ are the absolute worst.

EDIT: Claimed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 32Funny Funny x 10Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,026 Posts
    I just realized that we have had six halloweens already and Medic still doesn't have a sexy nurse costume. This is an outrage.
    seeing how they completely ignored last year's kawaii scout, i dont know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Chile Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    July 2011
    1,163 Posts
    Got these old things from last year that i'll be looking to get made this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    9,610 Posts
    be patient
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2013
    1,624 Posts
    I love the concept but for anyone who hasn't seen the shining it'll just look like a lumberjack set. Consider making it more halloween-y, with blood splatters or something.

Edited:

I'm working on a maid one.

Edited:

Mmm. Smells like... burning flesh? God, these Mann Co. Scented Candles™ are the absolute worst.

Brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,622 Posts

Steadily improving my crow mask from last year. Will probably add more feathers to the top rather than having a single one. Also does anyone know if it's possible to have custom phongwarps? Having some light iridescence to it would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,379 Posts
    I'll whip up a couple things for this since I should have more time than usual for concept work.

36. Post #36
    April 2011
    339 Posts
    Well, considering Halloween is the only time I seem to have luck getting items in for the past 3 years or so... I'm definitely in. And I already started (and continued from last year) with a few items a couple weeks ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    October 2014
    339 Posts
    I love the concept but for anyone who hasn't seen the shining it'll just look like a lumberjack set. Consider making it more halloween-y, with blood splatters or something.

Like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,026 Posts

Steadily improving my crow mask from last year. Will probably add more feathers to the top rather than having a single one. Also does anyone know if it's possible to have custom phongwarps? Having some light iridescence to it would be awesome.
    cant wait for the "but this one is restricted" argument about halloween

39. Post #39
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    7,642 Posts
    and another I did some time ago (hat and mask could be separate?)
    I love that sniper cosmetic, huger Bruce Timm's scarecrow feel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,060 Posts
    Yay! Preparing for maximum spooky. :0