1. Post #1
    Ask me about my secret society of Jihadist Mexican Lobsters
    July 2010
    2,876 Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome back to Create a Battle. It's been too long.

Create a battle allows your to sprite your own Army and proceed to either ally yourself with others or fight it out one against the world. This go around we will have a mix of both Ground and Space Warfare going on, I hope to see you on both fronts comrade.

To Victory, to Disaster, or to Global Annihilation, the Choice is yours.

The Rules are simple and will be similar to previous threads.

1. Nuclear weapons will not be allowed at the start and will take a while to come into effect. When it does there will be Special Rules to prevent unfair play.
    2. Remember the object is to have the map clustered with corpses and debris, so don't get frustrated if your contributions are destroyed under normal circumstances.
    3. Big Armies are ok, endless hordes are not.
    4. Please include a brief explanation of what happened when you post. Or a long one. Long ones are more fun.
    5. NO .JPEG
    6. Bases are allowed, both on / off map.
    7. You can have shields or forcefields, but no indestructible objects.
    8. Alliances are allowed.
    9. No OP weapons.
    10. It's usually best to let your enemy decide how a soldier reacts to them being shot a certain way.
    11. Be realistic and fair. Your guys won't fire in a way that's 100% accurate (Unless it's a sniper), and especially not when they've just been surprised. No amount of backstory will let you circumvent this rule.
    12. Try your best with your sprites, save as .PNG. No one is going to give you shit about it, some might even help you if you will ask, unless it's blatantly obvious your not even trying.
    13. No ridiculous armies. That means you should probably deploy something that has hands, feet, and can use a gun. Only exception, by reoccurring tradition, is lNloruzenchi's winged thingy mabober.
    14. While I will be playing, as game master I will throw down a curve ball every now and again to mix things up.
    15. Start near either side of the map.
    16. Don't move large distances in one turn, kind of fits with rule 5. This also means you won't be able to dig large distances in a turn. (Digging is also slower)
    17. You must declare to make your turn. Declaring is like making a reservation to make a turn, so nobody ninjas you. If someone has already declared, you must wait to declare. Declares last only 2 hours. if you run out of time expect to be skipped.
    18. Do not declare stack past 2 you asshole. Declare stacking is when you literally get in line to declare, I.E. "Declare after x". This means if someone has already reserved a declare after the person currently declaring, you must wait until the first is done in order to stack onto the next guy.
    19. No biomass armies, but assimilator things are allowed, as long as they are fair.
    20. Game Master will be myself, I will only intervene when someone is being blatantly unfair, not following the rules, etc.

The list is a bit long but it's just an attempt to cover everything I can think of, and as we all know the battle can take some very strange turns. If you think I've missed something or have a concern with a rule feel free to contact me via pm or Steam.

Ground Map

Source: https://imgur.com/a/xLQ4y

Edited By:
    - Michael Haxz (Basic Idea +)
    - gregmasterx (Additions and Refinement)

Backstory to kinda set the theme, your units do not have to go with it.

Many years into the future within Eastern Europe, Ethnic Serbians and Renegade Scandinavians began to bicker over dumb shit. This eventually turned violent and resulted in many years of fighting. As time marched on the area was abandoned with a deteriorated landscape, corpse remains of houses and a BMP, and a heavily polluted toxic lake. The UN has quarantined the area and has recommended not going anywhere near it, but where's the fun in that?

Space Map

Source: https://imgur.com/a/xLQ4y

Special Thanks to everyone who has participated in the previous CoB threads and Gregmasterx for helping me with the ground map, I hope to see you all return.

Per tradition I will not Declare first, let your sprites be beautiful and your imaginations be glorious my friends. Let the Games Begin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2010
    1,458 Posts
    Declare

3. Post #3
    July 2010
    2,876 Posts
    After a bit of thought I'm updating the declare timer to two hours, Deathgrunt you have 1 hour before being skipped

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,462 Posts
    Are you still working on it? Declare after deathgrunt. I'll start working on mine so long, and I'll edit his declare in if/when he posts it. That is, if I'm still here by then.

5. Post #5
    February 2010
    1,458 Posts

An highly trained squad of Polish Special Forces have been sent to this deserted wasteland to monitor and report any unusual activity, lately they have found nothing but a 3 eyed fish in the lake.

Also sorry for taking so long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,462 Posts
    Fluff done :>

A band of merry muscled mercenary men joins the scene. Their leader, the man with a holy hairdo; a Sergeant by the name of Slick. His best friend, Corporal Chimney, stands beside him, while they discuss their next course of action.
    Slick takes a good long look at the wasteland in front of them.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

S
    What a shithole.
    C You're the last guy who should be saying that. Why the hell did you bring us here in the first place?
    S Asset protection.
    C 'Asset protection'?! What the hell are we gonna protect in this w-
    S Shh! Be veeeeery quiet now, y'hear? I see a whole gang of gnarly, geared-up and gun-wielding goons down there.
    C What the fuck, I thought Marco was on sentry duty?

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

7. Post #7
    July 2010
    2,876 Posts
    An aircraft is seen flying around the area, no markings and appears to be an old MiG-21. However it is an agile Aircraft and is carrying a targeting pod and a missile.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts

A Sçigic portal opens, ships begin emerging.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,188 Posts
    Declare.

A flash of green light indicates the arrival of a new threat on the battlefield. On the horizon, ghostly metallic warriors trudge through the mud, advancing toward an unknown destination. They move with a silent determination, single-driven on their designated mission. Despite this drive, the soldier in the back of the group begins to speak, its voice a low, monotone, and droning speech to match its lifeless appearance and demeanor. "Commence operation. Ensure perimeter is clear."

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts
    Declare

Edited:

The Terran Empire has chosen to intervene in this region due to the confirmed presence of a -NECRON- threat CLASS A.

This is a mission of utmost importance for the Empress as she has assigned High Terra's third home fleet to do the job, at the heads of the 856th System Local Defense Regiments and the 6th Space Marine Cavalry, Terra Corps.

From the left side of the map, a squad of the 856th has deployed with a Space Marine in exo armor at their head.

From the right side, a hover tank of the 6th Cavalry flies off the edge of a cliff, a marksman of the 856th taking position behind it.

Overhead, a GYRO powers forward to do recon for the incoming force.

But. The invasion has only just begun.

In orbit comes comes the 3rd Solar Defense Fleet, led by Admiral Gaius Nepos of the H.E.S.S. Jupiter Battlecarrier and an entourage of 7 Striker Class Destroyers, several formations of Ares Class Corvettes, three flanks of Archimedes Class Anti-Missile Point Defense Frigates, and several thousand GYRO Anti-Matter Powered Space to Air Fighter Craft.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts
    Spess declare

More ships emerge.

12. Post #12
    February 2010
    1,458 Posts
    Declare

--Fuff--
    As the 13th Special Force reconnaissance squad was nearing the end of it's patrol, the Squad settled within an burned down house to the last hour of there duty. However, these fine soldiers of the Grand Polish Empire will experience the most tense battle of their lives, if they can survive it.

Sargent Ploch:-And that was when I say "It's time for you into space!"
    Corporal Kraska:Sir you told us that story for over three years.
    Field Medic Kondrat:Does anyone hear jet?.
    --

Heavy Weapons Klimek:Many shits! We have many contacts!.
    --

Sargent Ploch:Many Shits indeed, Klimek! You, Kraska take Rinas, Klimek and Kaczkowski with you and clear out that building! Shooting of unidentified targets is go! We cover you from here.
    Corporal Kraska:Alright, you heard the Sarge. Use your smokes to cover our runn! Don't stop until you hit the building!
    --

Corporal Kraska:GO,GO,GO!
    --

One without the smoke Here Here

13. Post #13
    July 2010
    2,876 Posts
    Three more MiG-21s enter the area.

Two Bombers carrying Bombs / Rockets and One Interceptor with Long Range Air to Air Missiles, all three bearing Serbian markers.

The Recon MiG notices the smoked off area and begins to scan it while the Interceptor attempts to contact the ship on the Eastern Side.

"Unidentified Aircraft this is 9-5. You are Trespassing in Serbian Airspace, adjust your heading to East bearing 090 or you will be fired upon"

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts
    Spess declare

As all of the ships have arrived, the Sçigic portal closes.
    2 pods are sent down to the planet.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts
    declares

Edited:

The space marine steps forth, looking down as his radar directs. He screams through his armor speaker at the Mercenary Leader.

"YOU, PROTO-HUMANS. A COMMON ENEMY SITS BELOW US. JOIN MY MEN AND WE CAN FIGHT TOGETHER, REFUSE AND THERE ARE TWO ENEMIES SURELY TO BRING YOUR DEATHS."

Seeing the other rudimentary cold war jets enter the area, one of the planetary militia readies and fires an man portable air defense launcher.

Detecting hostile movement ahead, the GYRO cools its afterburners and cloaks, rendering it both visually invisible and disappearing from radar due to its stealth coating.

The sniper fires a plasma shell directly at one of the polish soldiers, compensating for distance.

MEANWHILE IN ORBIT...

Two formations of GYROs move out to intercept the drop pods, jointly firing their plasma gatlings at one.

The top-most GYRO engages the second pod with three small anti-matter missiles

The rest of the fleet begins to form up, the Destroyers charging up their K-2 Railguns and the Jupiter beginning to charge its K-1 Rail Cannon.

16. Post #16
    July 2010
    2,876 Posts
    The Recon MiG is alerted of the SAM launch via Missile Warning System

"ZULU-1, JAMMER ON, SAM LAUNCH AT 6 o CLOCK"

The MiG pulls hard left while dumping Chaff and Flares, the missile barely misses the aircraft but explodes close enough to to cause significant damage. The Recon plane turns around and attempts to fly home.

"Tally on launch site! Returning Fire!" MiG 3-5 dives on the Manpad location and drops a FAB-250 bomb towards the left of the launcher. The bomb knocks the hostile back, surprisingly enough not killing him but quite possibly critically damaging him. Damage is also done to the house.

Meah while to the East, MiG 95 observes that his contact is beginning to cloak . Since the pilot can still somewhat see it, he launches a Long Range Air to Air Beam Rider Missile hoping he can hit it in time.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,462 Posts
    Declare.

Slightly concerned by the rowdy rocket-fueled ruckus,
    S Uhh, whatever you say, big guy! We'd sure appreciate the help.
    Slick agrees to the truce.

As Sergeant Slick leaves the room, he notices Corporal Chimney's already briefed everyone of the situation. How reliable.

The troops start moving into position. Marco, slightly angered by the rude awakening, takes up a firing position, holding his trusty SMG close, and a little something else closer.
    (Added some damage to the flat as well)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts
    Declare, space.

Edited:

One of the pods is hit and destroyed, the other escapes the missiles.
    A frigate fires some Sçigic missiles, and a destroyer charges its plasma cannon.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts
    Declare space

Edited:

A Sçigic missile hits home on one of the assaulting Corvettes, causing an antimatter breach in its reactor. A thermonuclear explosion results, annihilating anything standing by.

In response to the other incoming missiles, one of the Point-Defense Frigates deploys its tactical burst missile, neutralizing all remaining missiles (and blacking out a good portion of the assaulting Corvettes.)

Two destroyers move into position. Their railguns having already been charged, they fire consecutively at the enemy Destroyer's plasma cannon, aiming to disable it before it can charge.

The First Fighter Fleet gives up on chasing the pod, quickly flanking an enemy frigate and engaging it with massive joint fire. Most of the fighters engage the Frigate with their plasma gatlings, and some fire their AMB-500 Nuclear-Yield Anti-Matter Tactical Ballistic Missiles from their bomb bays.

The rest of the Third Solar Defense Fleet begins to move up.

However,

Something strange appears to happen to the Jupiter. All of its externally-observable systems go dark and fighters begin to pour out of the cargo bays. Every light on the ship shuts down. It appears that the Jupiter is dedicating most of its power output to a specific task.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts
    Spessdeclare

Edited:

The destroyer manages to fire off the beam but at the price of it's own annihilation. The core of the ship overloads and creates a massive explosion.

Although most of the damage was distributed into the shields, the frigate is disabled, but manages to fire a few missiles.

The other ships prepare for battle.

21. Post #21
    February 2010
    1,458 Posts
    Nvm, it got corrupted for reason after saving it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts
    awww

Well I'm just waiting for the dude with the polish infantry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    March 2011
    1,287 Posts
    Landeclare

A Commanche recon helicopter armed with a rotary cannon and what appears are Russian markings appears.

"This is Aztec 3, we have arrived at target locale, we have confirmed signs of movement, repeat, signs of movement have been confirmed, over."
    "Aztec 3, this is Command, what do you see down there, over?"
    "Command, this is Aztec 3, we have confirmed jets are in the area, appear to be... MiG-21s, four of them, one unknown, three Serbian. We also see movement in the house, as well as a squad of Polish spec ops and unidentified soldiers on the roof, one heavily armored, thre- no, four light troops, one injured, may be hostile, repeat, may be hostile, over."
    "Loud and clear, Aztec 3, over." The commander pulls away from his radio. "What the hell are the Poles and Serbs doing here?"

Meanwhile outside the house, a Russian army truck pulls up outside it, a squad of five soldiers pours out. Alexi with the shotgun trains it on the door, ready to blast anything that comes out before the squad gets in position

24. Post #24
    July 2010
    2,876 Posts
    MiG 95's target has gone completely cloaked, he continues manually guiding the missile in hopes that it will make contact.

Seconds later, an explosion can be seen in the distance and the pilot assumes it was just the missile's safety detonation. However the missile scored a hit towards the ship's engine causing it to lose it's cloak. MiG 95 fires a follow up missile.

Meanwhile in the West, The Recon MiG Successfully evacuated from the area. Further off in the distance helicopters can be heard approaching.

25. Post #25
    March 2011
    1,287 Posts
    Create a Battle: Slav edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2010
    2,876 Posts
    Create a Battle: Slav edition
    get out of here stalker

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts
    Really dude?

Attacking me twice while I'm waiting for someone to declare?

Edited:

Ok I can powergame too

Edited:

Declare

28. Post #28
    July 2010
    2,876 Posts
    Really dude?

Attacking me twice while I'm waiting for someone to declare?
    To be fair, You had 5 turns to react. You could of had said units wait on what ever you were waiting for but still react to an incoming threat.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts

The GYRO pilot loses control of his craft, and it crashes into the ground. Instant death.

The engine begins smoking ludicrously, signalling an imminent anti-matter explosion.

Another GYRO flies into the airspace in tow of the crashed GYRO, its afterburner ablaze. It is invisible on radar.

Edited:

Space declare! :D

Edited:

The plasma beam nearly collides with the Jupiter, had it not diverted all of its power to particle shields. The particle shield absorbs all of the plasma, dispersing the beam. Power will be restored to the Jupiter next turn, and then it must recharge its rail cannon.

The rest of the Terran Destroyers move up, also beginning to charge their railguns.

The remaining fighters of the first regroup and jointly fire their bomb-bay AMB-500 Nuclear-Yield Anti-Matter Tactical Ballistic Missiles at the disabled Frigate.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,462 Posts
    space declare

31. Post #31
    February 2010
    1,458 Posts
    declaring on the ground, hopefully not corrupting it after finishing it this time.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,462 Posts
    SPACE DRAGONS!

SPACE. DRAGONS.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts
    Space Declare

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,910 Posts
    SPACE DRAGONS!

SPACE. DRAGONS.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,676 Posts

The frigate is destroyed instantly as the missiles hit.

The second destroyer opens fire on the enemy forces with missiles and railguns.

Two portals open, from one comes a recently built battlecruiser, from the other, a construction vessel.

36. Post #36
    February 2010
    1,458 Posts

As The Polish soldier at the back of squad turns his back to enter the destroyed house, An ball of concentrate plasma melts it's way though his back of his head and neck. His body falls upon the rotten wooden planks that once served as a floor to this forsaken rubble.

The Sargent looks on in horror of seeing the newest recruit met his horrific end in such unworry location, the thought of his death being instantaneous did not relieve this newly born scar in his mind.

The Sniper turn to face the shot's direction, quickly finding the murder of his young comrade and firing his laser rifle in anger at him after taking a second to aim. The shot miss it's target but the high powered laser burns it's own way though the rocky edge beneath the Markman.

Ploch fired an 25mm HE shell from his backpack mortar into the upper stories of the building as he ran with the rest of the squad into the building up ahead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,188 Posts
    Declare. Space and Land.

An eldritch fleet appears in orbit of the planet. It advances through the empty vacuum with, seemingly uncaring of the battle that wages before them.

The implacable Necron soldiers trudge through the battle field unabated despite the recently crashed vehicle that stands in their way. After moving closer to it, the Necrons pick up something on their visual sensors. They locate various life-signs in front of them, prompting the squad to bring its weapons to bear and its leader to emit: "Targets detected, begin purge." before opening fire with their Gauss weaponry.

(No effects: http://i.imgur.com/BAxUIkd.png)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,462 Posts
    Declare.

Frontline guy with a Fro died due to overkill. I'll move the rest of the guys some other time.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,407 Posts

A small scouting fleet consisting of 3 corvettes and 1 frigate exits warp speed behind some asteroids. Detecting nearby hostilities, one of the corvettes launches a jump beacon for reinforcements. Another ship launches a probe in the direction of the planet.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,221 Posts
    Declare

Edited:

An derelict ship overgrown with organic matter drifts into the area

Over the planet, multiple pods are released.