1. Post #1601
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,103 Posts
    Besides the Home and Screenshot button issues, it plays great.

I've actually heard the PS4 version has a fair amount of bugs currently. Not sure how true that is.
    I managed to find a way to fall off the Tornado twice in Mirage Saloon, but never when I actually tried to record it.

2. Post #1602
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
    It gets harder. The later special stages can kiss my ass.
    I've had like, six tries at #4 and still no success. Actual platforming with tank turning is an absolute bitch.

3. Post #1603
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,860 Posts
    Amazed how they managed to fuck up Oil Ocean Zone 2 boss again. Can't overstate how lives ruin this game, like all past Sonic games.

You lose all your lives? Enjoy playing through Zone 1 AND 2 again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1604
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,906 Posts
    Just focus on the turrets first before bothering to go for Robotnik GEEZ

5. Post #1605
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    Looks like they are aware of the Switch verison issues:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

6. Post #1606
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,860 Posts
    Have not had any issues with the switch version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1607
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,133 Posts
    I've had a few oddities but I'm not sure if they're Switch specific. One in particular is the music dying at a few random moments, with the sound effects still working, but it fixes itself if I go into a bonus or special stage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1608
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,485 Posts
    Stardust Speedway Boss was quite annoying, especially the first part of the battle. Tip: Drop-Dash is your best friend for this boss.

Oh, and does Knuckles has his own stages and bosses? Or at least like very different layout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #1609
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
    Stardust Speedway Boss was quite annoying, especially the first part of the battle. Tip: Drop-Dash is your best friend for this boss.

Oh, and does Knuckles has his own stages and bosses? Or at least like very different layout.
    He gets tweaked layouts in a few cases with unique starts, particularly GHZ Act 1 pretty much starting him directly underneath where Sonic and Tails starts so the player experiments with his climbing. Not sure if he gets entirely unique levels though, but    Mirage Saloon's opening    heavily implies he'd get a unique act one, and    Lava Reef Act Two is apparently the S&K Hidden Palace.   

10. Post #1610
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    9,373 Posts
    Only minor issues I had with my Switch was going to the main menu and taking screenshots in handheld mode. Playing in docked seems to work fine, although there are cases when the button inputs are delayed a couple of seconds.

Doesn't seem to impact all Switch consoles based on reports, but would be nice if it got fixed.

I also had music stop while playing a level, happened in Green Hill Zone. Kinda made me scared because that was a pretty early first impression I got from the game.

11. Post #1611
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
    I had one case in my PS4 version where I hit speed-up shoes and got an extra life at the same time in Flying Battery before its song really started, and I think that messed up the song loop because it just kept playing the speed-up song until I did a special stage.

12. Post #1612
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,865 Posts

Something tells me this amazon seller (Rarewaves-US) is gonna try to screw me over with additional invoice for shipping. I don't believe it's possible to send 18 x 18 x 25 cm 2.4 Kg box to Russia for ~4$. But we'll see, I don't have much choices anyway.

I'm shocked. No tracking tho.

13. Post #1613
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,485 Posts
    I had one case in my PS4 version where I hit speed-up shoes and got an extra life at the same time in Flying Battery before its song really started, and I think that messed up the song loop because it just kept playing the speed-up song until I did a special stage.
    That happened to me but on Press Garden in the Switch version.

14. Post #1614
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #1615
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,485 Posts
    Woah, did I just saw    Nack the Weasle from Sonic Triple Trouble    in Mirage Saloon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #1616
    June 2014
    3,637 Posts
    From the digital guide: the Hardboiled Heavies apparently have designated genders (   Heavy Gunner, Heavy Shinobi and Heavy King are male while Heavy Magician and Heavy Rider are female   )

17. Post #1617
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    I'm currently at Oil Ocean with 4 emeralds (I'm that bad) and I'm a bit worried there won't be enough time left for me to get the last 3 before I get to the last stage.

Anyone have any tips for finding the special stage rings? I suck at finding them.

18. Post #1618
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    8,431 Posts
    I dont understand the hate for the lives system, the older sonic games are designed for you replay again and again till you get good. If you add in a save state system then it becomes trivial to beat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1619
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

20. Post #1620
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
    I dont understand the hate for the lives system, the older sonic games are designed for you replay again and again till you get good. If you add in a save state system then it becomes trivial to beat.
    It's mostly a problem with the boss fights and certain zones. A few boss fights are kind of drawn out, while i've nearly timed out on certain zones. Getting a Game Over means having to do the entire zone over from scratch, which is especially annoying for some since I can see it happening in the final zone - which is so long that the final boss restarts the timer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1621
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,710 Posts
    I'm currently at Oil Ocean with 4 emeralds (I'm that bad) and I'm a bit worried there won't be enough time left for me to get the last 3 before I get to the last stage.

Anyone have any tips for finding the special stage rings? I suck at finding them.
    My tip is to just play the dang game. You can stage select and whatnot in a clear file so it's no biggie.

Also got enough blue sphere for y e e h a w

22. Post #1622
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,055 Posts
    So anyone playing Mirage Saloon    DON'T DROP DASH ON THE TORNADO   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1623
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,710 Posts

Knuckles is the comedy run. He has *easily* the funniest sprites in the game and one of his late game cutscenes is literally ripped from the Megadrive comics. It fucking killed me from laughing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #1624
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,485 Posts

They're mostly at the off-path area, but since your in Oil Ocean, there's one at the very beginning of Act 1 next to the Fire Shield.

Edited:

Got my first Game Over with the Oil Ocean Boss.

25. Post #1625
    June 2014
    3,637 Posts
    Digital guide also says that   Heavy Rider's Motobug motorcycle is named Jimmy, after Polygon Jim who made Motobug the Badnik romhack for Sonic 1 and coined the phrase Assface Sonic for the US's design of Sonic. He unfortunately died in a car accident on May 18, 2013.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

26. Post #1626
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,860 Posts
    Stardust Speedway act 2 boss is metal af.

Puns aside that boss battle was the highlight of the game for me. Don't think they could have done it any better.

27. Post #1627
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    3,755 Posts
    -snip-

28. Post #1628
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,964 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #1629
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
    Okay, I'll bite. Is Amy in Mania at all?    Of course not.   
       Only as a cameo in the Metallic Madness Act 2 boss, and a.. strange cameo at that.   

30. Post #1630
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,860 Posts
       Only as a cameo in the Metallic Madness Act 2 boss, and a.. strange cameo at that.   
    I'm really surprised how easy that zone was in general
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #1631
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    3,755 Posts
       describe it   

32. Post #1632
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
       describe it   
       The character you're playing as is forced to go through the Metallic Madness mini-sizer rays before the boss, and Eggman brings out one of those 'turn the slot' toy dispensers as he drops mini versions of his Marble Zone and Emerald Hill Zone boss fights each time you hit him. Part way through the fight, he'll also drop mini Amy dolls that have Tails Doll-like eyes and antennae that try to hug and explode on you. At least, I think; they never managed to get me.   

33. Post #1633
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,133 Posts
       The character you're playing as is forced to go through the Metallic Madness mini-sizer rays before the boss, and Eggman brings out one of those 'turn the slot' toy dispensers as he drops mini versions of his Marble Zone and Emerald Hill Zone boss fights each time you hit him. Part way through the fight, he'll also drop mini Amy dolls that have Tails Doll-like eyes and antennae that try to hug and explode on you. At least, I think; they never managed to get me.   
       Yeah, they hug you and make the same sound effect Amy makes when she hugs Sonic in Sonic CD, then blow themselves up.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #1634
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,151 Posts
    Man, I just have no luck on    Titanic Monarch    Act 2's boss.

35. Post #1635
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    3,755 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #1636
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
       Figures. More ammo for the Amy stabbing party. Kill me.   
    Calm down, it's just a cameo and a mythology gag to Sonic CD, not some sort of middle finger towards the character.

Edited:

Man, I just have no luck on    Titanic Monarch    Act 2's boss.
       You can wait out the phases where he teleports you via the hands, I think. It's too unclear whether damaging the Heavies even does anything worthwhile and you teleport away long before you can kill them. When Eggman's about to electrify the tentacles, stay back and spin dash; even if he's right next to you and you're clear of electricity, it's too easy to accidentally jump into them if there's one above you.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #1637
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,964 Posts
    Did they ever say if they would add more levels at a later date as an extra thing for a future update?

38. Post #1638
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,485 Posts
    I shouldn't have laugh hard at this, but it never occurred to me that the static sound would be the stream (even if it is a joke).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #1639
    Gold Member
    September 2014
    1,074 Posts
    I'm back from taking a break but i have nearly 100% Sonic Mania on my first run, now for chuckles.
    links are spoilers by the way. They have done a amazing job making this game, It's even bigger than Sonic 3 & Knuckles and to make it just as greatly designed is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #1640
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,151 Posts
    Once you beat the game, do you get the ability to select which level you want to jump into on a No Save game? I assume not, but I ask because certain unlockable features can only be used on a No Save. If you have to replay the whole game from the beginning on a No Save just to use certain unlockables, that kind of takes the fun out of it in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)