1. Post #4241
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,481 Posts
    whens garry gonna add android emojis?
    that's not how shit works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

2. Post #4242
    Don't PM me about moderation - PM any of the mods.
    May 2008
    15,875 Posts
    What about for the people who don't want their browsing history logged by Google?
    can confirm clyp is very not working on waterfox nor on firefox
    get out your gecko browser
    Apparently Clyp.it's HTTPS is not good enough for Gecko, so I guess that's why I shouldn't have added integration for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #4243
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,459 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4244
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    19,541 Posts
    Apparently Clyp.it's HTTPS is not good enough for Gecko, so I guess that's why I shouldn't have added integration for it.
    is that any different than the problem we had with youtube for ages?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

5. Post #4245
    Don't PM me about moderation - PM any of the mods.
    May 2008
    15,875 Posts
    is that any different than the problem we had with youtube for ages?
    I have no idea what "problem" you are talking about. If you mean the forums not embedding https links, then no, it's completely unrelated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events

6. Post #4246
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,537 Posts
    Can we stop counting guests as views for popular threads after a certain point

I'm getting sick of that ingrown toenail thread and all those different kinds of dead threads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4247
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,341 Posts
    Can we stop counting guests as views for popular threads after a certain point

I'm getting sick of that ingrown toenail thread and all those different kinds of dead threads
    Idk sometimes I like going over "I played Oblivion blackout drunk" thread every once in a while and the only reason I am ever reminded of it is if it gets bumped or gets a lot of views at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #4248
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,481 Posts

so it does work
    but it's very hit and miss, very small chance to actually load

but if you edit the iframe's url parameter (even just changing the doublequote to a single), then it will load the iframe again, displaying it correctly

Edited:

a userstyle with
    Code:

.mediablock {
            display: block !important;
        }
    will make it load 100% of the time

which means gecko's render a shit

Edited:

Now I'm sure everyone's fucking with me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

9. Post #4249
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    29,243 Posts
    clearly it doesnt because we dont have them yet
    so whens it gonna be gare-bear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #4250
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    mentioned before again that the upgrade shop wont come back due to tax problems
    Then use another tax system instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 3Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #4251
    pdp
    Dennab
    July 2011
    1,360 Posts
    why not? it can't be that hard to convert some emoticons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #4252
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    one does not understand the UK's VAT system
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4253
    Dennab
    November 2015
    576 Posts
    Why is the depression thread in general?
    Why not fast thread for more privacy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

14. Post #4254
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,476 Posts
    Uh, you do realize tax systems are kinda dependent on where the person making the money lives right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #4255
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Just send all the money to me it'll make everything easier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4256
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    10,296 Posts
    Fast Threads is not the place for privacy, or serious discussion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #4257
    Dennab
    July 2010
    2,149 Posts
    one does not understand the UK's VAT system
    Uh, you do realize tax systems are kinda dependent on where the person making the money lives right?
    He clearly means for him to quite literally take his business elsewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #4258
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,476 Posts
    He clearly means for him to quite literally take his business elsewhere.
    It's clear that that's the only possible solution to what he's suggesting but it looks more like he doesn't actually understand what he's talking about with how it's worded. And on top of that expecting Garry to move just to have some crappy store on Facepunch that he barely even made anything off of in the first place is kinda ridiculous. More so considering that it would mean uprooting the entirety of his development studio.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #4259
    Dennab
    July 2010
    2,149 Posts
    It's clear that that's the only possible solution to what he's suggesting but it looks more like he doesn't actually understand what he's talking about with how it's worded. And on top of that expecting Garry to move just to have some crappy store on Facepunch that he barely even made anything off of in the first place is kinda ridiculous. More so considering that it would mean uprooting the entirety of his development studio.
    Yeah. I guess you're right. Would still be nice to have more business freedoms, though, and the UK is no place for that, as of now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

20. Post #4260
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,341 Posts
    clearly it doesnt because we dont have them yet
    so whens it gonna be gare-bear
    wikipedia posted:
    The exact appearance of emoji is not prescribed but varies between fonts, in the same way that normal typefaces can display letters differently.
    If you really want android emojis, figure out how to change your font to whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

21. Post #4261
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    2,845 Posts
    Fast Threads is not the place for privacy
    Yes it is. Why do you think it's the only subforum blocked off to guests? This is probably why JohnnyCarson wants it in FT too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4262
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,341 Posts
    Because it really isn't a fast thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #4263
    I do it all
    November 2010
    20,182 Posts
    If you really want android emojis, figure out how to change your font to whatever.
    its not a font thing, and if it was then you'd get black and white emojis not coloured

Official support would be amazing but I reckon iOS emoji's are superior
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

24. Post #4264
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,341 Posts
    its not a font thing, and if it was then you'd get black and white emojis not coloured
    💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

These will appear different depending on which browser or os you use. These are the unicode characters which many browsers will render as emojis. The difference between emoji appearances is dependant on the font rendering the character. If a font does not support the text, it will just be squareish things.

This is what I see.

For the record, I don't have any emoji related addons or plugins installed. Facepunch does support emojis only because they are unicode characters and are rendered by the os/browser you are using. For facepunch to support android or ios emojis that appear the same to all users, the only way is to make them emoticons (images). If you want a certain type of emoji to be visible to you only, you can probably find a browser addon or plugin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4265
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    5,324 Posts
    And ironically enough Chrome is shit and doesn't render them at all. Thanks Google.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12 (list)

26. Post #4266
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,481 Posts
    And ironically enough Chrome is shit and doesn't render them at all. Thanks Google.
    iirc they only added native support for everything but windows
    otherwise chrome requires an extention or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events

27. Post #4267
    iirc they only added native support for everything but windows
    otherwise chrome requires an extention or something
    No emoji on Arch Linux/Chromium at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #4268
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,481 Posts
    No emoji on Arch Linux/Chromium at all
    Alright
    OSX and Mobiles only

Because this is marked as fixed
    https://code.google.com/p/chromium/i...etail?id=62435
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

29. Post #4269
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    Garry should move out of UK then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari Singapore Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4270
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,476 Posts
    See:
    expecting Garry to move just to have some crappy store on Facepunch that he barely even made anything off of in the first place is kinda ridiculous. More so considering that it would mean uprooting the entirety of his development studio.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #4271
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,379 Posts
    I'd rather him stay in the UK god knows what he'd be capable of if he had more land
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #4272
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,224 Posts

In red chrome, green safari, hipster chrome, edgelord, and internet explorer..

In hot cat dog on Mint.

In frozen cat dog on Debian.

Full colour in both the wet and hot versions of cat dog browser on Windows.

Sidenote: Midori is awful never use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #4273
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,481 Posts
    testin'

👌💩

Edited:

works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Edge Australia Show Events

34. Post #4274
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,537 Posts
    Oh hey you made the worst obstacle in Binding of Isaac

Is there any good image compressors for gifs for avatars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #4275
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,667 Posts
    testin'

👌💩

Edited:

works
    For me this works as well, and I don't even have any extensions installed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

36. Post #4276
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,481 Posts
    For me this works as well, and I don't even have any extensions installed.
    Anyone running windows 7 chrome?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #4277
    June 2013
    2,588 Posts
    Anyone running windows 7 chrome?
    Me Why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

38. Post #4278
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,481 Posts
    Can you see them? emoji or placeholder box
    I really should getting this data myself, though no win7 system
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

39. Post #4279
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,224 Posts
    Booted up another VM, red boxes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #4280
    June 2013
    2,588 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)