1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,547 Posts
    Thanks for all of the inspiration resources! I'm getting a lot of good ideas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    The Pro-Pain WIP
    (Insert King Of The Hill Joke Here)

concept by Pagliacci :

what i got so far:

feedback is encouraged
    a lot of people may notice that the container in the concept is missing in the model
    thats cause i wanted to see how it would look, don't worry it will be slightly open
    showing off a propane tank or something that way it would make sense of why it shoots fire.
    Anybody wanna texture, i'm looking for team ups :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 New Opera United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    November 2013
    1,624 Posts
    The Pro-Pain WIP
    (Insert King Of The Hill Joke Here)

concept by Pagliacci :

what i got so far:

feedback is encouraged
    a lot of people may notice that the container in the concept is missing in the model
    thats cause i wanted to see how it would look, don't worry it will be slightly open
    showing off a propane tank or something that way it would make sense of why it shoots fire.
    Anybody wanna texture, i'm looking for team ups :3
    Er...I never agreed to this...

also more wip:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 16Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    November 2014
    748 Posts
    Here's one I cranked out. Inspired by Py-bun's idea for botkiller weapons made with bots.

Made with an Mecha-Engineer's Fist (Team-colored), his goggles (The thing in the middle of the top section. They glow team-colored) and the barrel of a shotgun for the grip.

5. Post #45
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    Er...I never agreed to this...
    srry i figured they were up for grabs :( ill stop if you want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 New Opera United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

6. Post #46
    November 2013
    1,624 Posts
    srry i figured they were up for grabs :( ill stop if you want
    I already gave it to someone else.

7. Post #47
    December 2012
    4,663 Posts
    Typically you ask for access to a concept before using it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

8. Post #48
    January 2012
    360 Posts
    I got concepts, installing Blender now. Hopefully this project will motivate me to actually model something since the end of my first semester.

9. Post #49
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    I already gave it to someone else.
    i crap im already mid model is it alright if i change it a little
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 New Opera United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    April 2013
    2,971 Posts
    Here's one I cranked out. Inspired by Py-bun's idea for botkiller weapons made with bots.

Made with an Mecha-Engineer's Fist (Team-colored), his goggles (The thing in the middle of the top section. They glow team-colored) and the barrel of a shotgun for the grip.
    Now that's what I call an arms race!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    Typically you ask for access to a concept before using it
    well alot of these concepts are up for grabs my fault

12. Post #52
    January 2012
    360 Posts
    i crap im already mid molder
    The deadline is a month and a half away, lol. Although first of all I may need to go back and re-draw my old concepts.. I also tried modeling some stuff earlier in the year, but the tutorial on the Emporium main page was a bit dated(?) as it wanted me to find TF2 models in a folder I couldn't find in steam apps.

13. Post #53

August 2012
    97 Posts
    How's about the poor old Lightning Gun that got neglected in Quake World Team Fortress and therefore never made it into TFC nor TF2? Every weapon in Quake was used by at least one class in the original TF afaik, except the LG.

btw I'm sure if someone searches around more there will be plenty more pictures of this thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    wait who did you give the concepts to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 New Opera United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    November 2013
    1,624 Posts
    i crap im already mid model is it alright if i change it a little
    Well I mean depends on how much you change it. If you change it up a bunch its fine, if you still use parts of my concept you're still using my concept.

16. Post #56
    :thinking:
    March 2010
    11,278 Posts
    Just a heads up, I'll be offering Source Filmmaker renders free of charge (No payments, no listing me for workshop credit) for those who may want it, or at least, when I re-download it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    January 2012
    360 Posts
    wait who did you give the concepts to
    Me? I posted them forever ago in the last TF2 Mod Emporium, but they were on paper, so nobody wanted them. Maybe I should try designing them on Photoshop too.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,379 Posts
    I cant wait to offer to do TF2c animations for the winning weapon, then loose drive half way through
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    April 2014
    966 Posts
    I could use some more experience, I can also help with providing SFM renders. Did ZombiPlasticClock's renders of the remade Sharp Shooter/Axegun.

Edited:
    Got approval to show:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    January 2012
    360 Posts
    Here's what I got for a concept so far.

Image its based off of is linked here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/13...-Sawed-Off.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    Me? I posted them forever ago in the last TF2 Mod Emporium, but they were on paper, so nobody wanted them. Maybe I should try designing them on Photoshop too.
    team up? i mean i do have a lot of the model done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts

I don't quite know where I'm going with this, especially the colours are bugging me as they are now (and the way the midpiece is connected to the hose and the front barrel)
    am leaving for vacation tonight though so I hope I'll get around to work it a bit more when I get back. Also zero ideas for a backpack.

Update:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    August 2013
    703 Posts
    Please stop. You can't use someone's concept without permission, and if you already did just accept that fact that you can't make it and that you've made a mistake. Even if you "have a lot of the model done".
    And I don't think that the guy you're trying to team up with is the one who claimed the concept, by saying "I got concepts" he meant that he got some concepts to make, not related to the Pagliacci's concept
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts
    -snip- Something went wrong here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    January 2012
    203 Posts
    Honestly, I feel like maybe there should be some mod-love to the F-a-N, after all - it's pretty much the only double-barreled shotgun ATM, so...

This could be a great idea, as it would require custom animations, meaning that you'll be able to apply for the "Custom" contract with it.

26. Post #66
    January 2012
    360 Posts
    err no. As mentioned I'm doing my own concepts. The only help I'm gonna need right now is learning the difference between Blender and Maya, and figuring out how Source SDK works so I can view different TF2 items.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    Lets put that spinning to some good use.

I feel as if I've gotten some decent progress on this to show off. Still pretty WiP as evident of the basic cylinder body being used as a place holder for shape/space reference. Everything here is prone to change.

I'm bouncing back and forth on whether or not I want this thing to shoot bullets via barrels that come through the front of the drill. I'm leaning more toward the "yes" on that more than anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    March 2013
    2,452 Posts

I feel as if I've gotten some decent progress on this to show off. Still pretty WiP as evident of the basic cylinder body being used as a place holder for shape/space reference. Everything here is prone to change.

I'm bouncing back and forth on whether or not I want this thing to shoot bullets via barrels that come through the front of the drill. I'm leaning more toward the "yes" on that more than anything.
    What if you made the barrels a spiral?

29. Post #69
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    Jukebox donated Just Cause and Dino D-Day.

Thanks mate!

I'll add his games to the inventory, but I'll be holding off on allocating the new prizes to the various award tiers and contracts until the second wave of contracts is released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    What if you made the barrels a spiral?
    You mean like this?

That's a bit overkill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts

I would suggest leaving it as a drill without a gun barrel. You can then enter it into the Custom contract which allows for the removal of particle effects (such as converting a primary weapon to melee like your doing). However, you may still want to make a version with a gun barrel for public mod use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    August 2011
    218 Posts
    Perhaps the gun barrels could be hidden inside the drill. Rather than the barrels poking out, and ruining the drill's look, perhaps it could have a few holes near the end.

Then it would look as if the barrels are made from the drill itself, rather than something tacked on at the last minute.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    I would suggest leaving it as a drill without a gun barrel. You can then enter it into the Custom contract which allows for the removal of particle effects (such as converting a primary weapon to melee like your doing). However, you may still want to make a version with a gun barrel for public mod use.
    I might as well make it melee based for the contest and upload a gun variant after the contest is over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    For anybody who needs a pistol skeleton with slides,hammer and trigger thats fully up to date for the contest here you go

Just remember to mention I helped :3
    Also id like to apologies for the way Ive been or behaving lately, I took concepts that were not mine and I didn't have permission for and I was yelling at the wrong people for the wrong reasons, now you might think this is the dumbest thing ever hell I bet they'll be like 26 dumb ratings the minute I hit enter on this but i just wanted to say his is a community of great people trying to help and there is no room for ignorance,you might look at me as a moron for saying all this but remember this idiot has the courage to admit that hes wrong, I hope we keep a positive vibe like this from now on,
    also if anyones asking i am "technically" a beginner Ive only been doing this for a 3 months or so.

enjoy the pistol and remember to mention me :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    For my first item, I thought I might do a bouquet of roses with a knife hidden in it (for Spy, obviously) Anyone like that idea, or should I think of doing something else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

Light Blade & Electro Toaster (Knife/ Sapper)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #77
    September 2012
    245 Posts
    Some more open concepts, including a pyro grenade launcher, engineer pomson replacement and medic power saw.

EDIT: Pyro grenade launcher claimed!
    EDIT: Engie gun claimed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Artistic Artistic x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    A mortar launcher, based on the PIAT and M1 Bazooka

(some of the proportions might be abit wonky, it's my first time making a rocket launcher concept)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Singapore Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

39. Post #79
    August 2013
    703 Posts
    Some more open concepts, including a pyro grenade launcher, engineer pomson replacement and medic power saw.
    i'd like to claim the pyro grenade launcher if possible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    1,600 Posts
    Up for grabs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Israel Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)