1. Post #3441
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,030 Posts
    Just watched Digital Foundry's video on why 60FPS is essential for the game
    I hope I can at least run it on medium-lower settings, I've got a 750Ti like in the video, which gets around 30FPS and I'm not sure what settings they are using.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #3442
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    Dennab
    July 2010
    13,851 Posts
    Mandatory 60 has been a fighting game rule since Tekken 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3443
    I main Captain Falcon
    November 2010
    5,504 Posts
    Karin has to be the most annoying character in SFV

I just fought against 3 in a row and she has literally no weaknesses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3444
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    7,328 Posts
    I'm trying to play using my stick again, and now I'm wondering if I'm actually crazy and have been imagining the input lag all along. It still feels a bit like the action happens a moment after I press the button rather than when I do it, unlike when I use a gamepad, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

5. Post #3445
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,958 Posts
    i went to a local and got 5th place out of over 100 entrants, i feel pretty great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

6. Post #3446
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,030 Posts
    Mandatory 60 has been a fighting game rule since Tekken 2.
    SF5's gameplay speed is tied to the FPS, so a lower FPS actually makes it slower instead of a
    bit of frameskipping like I was expecting if it dropped to like 50 on my PC.

I knew about 60 being mandatory, but I never realized just how important it is until playing JoJo: All Star Battle. It runs at 30 (lower at times) and holy shit it's jarring after playing just about anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Chrome United States Show Events

7. Post #3447
    bora: I saved you from seeing my crazy salami nipples
    November 2007
    1,653 Posts
    I'm not bragging but I'm so tired of rage quitters.

Had a Nash who had a three win streak; here I was expecting some zoning but this man is all in and moon saulting all over the place. Dude could not accept a loss and it is a sad thing. There should be penalties on disconnects; unfortunately servers are pretty bad right now so it would be terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #3448
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,295 Posts
    I haven't had a single rage quitter, just server disconnects..
    And DAMN I love Bipson in this game. Can't wait till I can buy that Ahab skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #3449
    smelly member
    June 2005
    6,907 Posts

Stop

Jumping
    I'm asking this seriously because I'm new. I'm playing Ryu and I'm trying to do the exact same thing Ken is doing here. How do you have time to throw a fireball that gets jumped and still shoryuken them mid jump?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #3450
    August 2014
    4,732 Posts
    I'm asking this seriously because I'm new. I'm playing Ryu and I'm trying to do the exact same thing Ken is doing here. How do you have time to throw a fireball that gets jumped and still shoryuken them mid jump?
    Check the amount of space and recovery, Ken's fireball are worse than Ryu so you shouldn't have much trouble. Oh don't use the Heavy version of Ryu's Shoryu for anti air, it's awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #3451
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,849 Posts
    Use slow fireballs to encourage the jump and only throw them when they can't reach you with just a jump in. This way, if they want to jump in over it they have to walk forward, which is time you are spending recovering. By the time they are in the air you are nearly recovered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #3452
    Ask me to be a movie trailer voice.
    November 2009
    1,537 Posts
    After playing some online matches in SFV, I noticed how ridiculously aggressive a lot of players are in the game. Just endless relentless pressure and sudden DPs regardless of whether I'm blocking or not. And right now I'm consistently losing to them because they freak me out so much

Am I doing something wrong that these guys are doing right, or are these guys just bloodthirsty? I think I got too comfortable with turtling in SF4...

13. Post #3453
    After playing some online matches in SFV, I noticed how ridiculously aggressive a lot of players are in the game. Just endless relentless pressure and sudden DPs regardless of whether I'm blocking or not. And right now I'm consistently losing to them because they freak me out so much

Am I doing something wrong that these guys are doing right, or are these guys just bloodthirsty? I think I got too comfortable with turtling in SF4...
    hold down back, wait for them to whiff a shoryu and then bnb them

works 99% of the time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #3454
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,295 Posts

Yeah this is mostly how online goes. The opponent just likes to pretend you're a training dummy and you will be if you let them. They only start combos with crossup jump-ins, or a neutral jump throw here or there, etc.
    Honestly if you can get in their situation, go for it. Make it a 1 player game. Or if you want to learn how to counter that style of play, go for that. Work on your anti-airs or on getting out of bad situations, and remember V-Reversal, that shits amazing.

15. Post #3455
    November 2009
    1,537 Posts
    Yeah this is mostly how online goes. The opponent just likes to pretend you're a training dummy and you will be if you let them. They only start combos with crossup jump-ins, or a neutral jump throw here or there, etc.
    Honestly if you can get in their situation, go for it. Make it a 1 player game. Or if you want to learn how to counter that style of play, go for that. Work on your anti-airs or on getting out of bad situations, and remember V-Reversal, that shits amazing.
    Any tips on anti-air as Rashid? I can't seem to find any reliable ones. His projectile only works if jump-in is predicted. 236mp/hp is okay? I don't know about the normals, though

16. Post #3456
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,295 Posts
    Any tips on anti-air as Rashid? I can't seem to find any reliable ones. His projectile only works if jump-in is predicted. 236mp/hp is okay? I don't know about the normals, though
    Spinning Mixer works fine, and cr.mp and cr.hp look amazing. st.hk might work as well.

17. Post #3457
    December 2014
    2,437 Posts
    Karin Laura has to be the most annoying character in SFV
    FTFY

Not so much from a gameplay standpoint (though she can be tricky), but more from just a character standpoint.

Never before have I come across a character who has an annoying voice in both English and Japanese, and her general personality is just grating. Besides some of her mechanics, I really can't see why people like her to the point where she's the "main waifu" in SFV.

I'm trying to play using my stick again, and now I'm wondering if I'm actually crazy and have been imagining the input lag all along. It still feels a bit like the action happens a moment after I press the button rather than when I do it, unlike when I use a gamepad, but I'm not 100% sure.
    It honestly just may be SFV itself. I know SFIV had its inputs set up to where the action would come out just slightly after the button press, and for the most part, SFV feels sort of the same to me, but just a bit tighter.

It's definitely noticeable when going from a game like GGXrd or KOF XIII to a SF game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #3458
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    27,089 Posts
    Did Ken always have the medium kick -> fierce kick target combo or is it new to SFV ? It's incredibly useful in V.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events

19. Post #3459
    January 2012
    1,785 Posts
    FTFY

Not so much from a gameplay standpoint (though she can be tricky), but more from just a character standpoint.

Never before have I come across a character who has an annoying voice in both English and Japanese, and her general personality is just grating. Besides some of her mechanics, I really can't see why people like her to the point where she's the "main waifu" in SFV.

It honestly just may be SFV itself. I know SFIV had its inputs set up to where the action would come out just slightly after the button press, and for the most part, SFV feels sort of the same to me, but just a bit tighter.

It's definitely noticeable when going from a game like GGXrd or KOF XIII to a SF game.
    I actually don't mind Laura's voice, but I am DREADING Ibuki after hearing her voice in Mika's story

I think it might actually be the same voice actress (could be wrong) but she turned it up a LOT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

20. Post #3460
    this game when the netcode decides to work: much better than USF4
    this game when the netcode doesn't work: 100x worse than USF4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #3461
    December 2014
    2,437 Posts
    this game when the netcode decides to work: much better than USF4
    this game when the netcode doesn't work: 100x worse than USF4
    That's rollback for you.

Input accuracy is maintained at all costs, even if that means the opponent is darting all over the place because they're torrenting Lucky Star.

I absolutely love rollback netcode, but there is no netcode in the world that can compensate for your opponent having shitty internet. Or when CAPCOM's own servers are shitting the bed.

22. Post #3462
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    2,531 Posts
    Hard Survival mode is driving me crazy.

Edited:

Finally...

I think I don't wanna try getting the achievement for the extreme mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #3463
    November 2009
    1,537 Posts

Edited:

Finally...

And here I was being so happy that I beat normal mode...

24. Post #3464
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,295 Posts

Edited:

Finally...

How even? I start getting get with psychic shit by round 26.

25. Post #3465
    January 2012
    1,121 Posts
    "Were it so easy..."

Kind of a shame they couldn't get Keith David to do his voice, but still awesome regardless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #3466
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,674 Posts
    That stage has a lot going on in it. Impressive optimization to keep the framerate the same. Really cool looking stage too.

I thought the scenes were taken from a Halo game until they unveiled the battlefield in the BG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3467
    August 2014
    4,732 Posts

Edited:

Finally...

Did you know that you get the most elitist title by finishing that?
    Translating from italian is "Veteran of Veterans"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

28. Post #3468
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,849 Posts
    Got to round 46 on Hard mode, got my mind read by Birdie. You really just lose the will once you lose a good run. I can never bring myself to start another one, I always need a nice long break.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #3469
    January 2012
    1,785 Posts
    "Were it so easy..."

Kind of a shame they couldn't get Keith David to do his voice, but still awesome regardless
    He's looking really cool, I hope they do a breakdown for him soon

As for the stage, it almost seems like there's TOO much going on, and Arby blends in a little too well

Ah well, maybe it'll look look different in normal gameplay

30. Post #3470
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    2,531 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

31. Post #3471
    December 2014
    2,437 Posts
    Honestly surprised there wasn't a teaser at the end of the Arbiter trailer for the next fighter.

Guess the characters that have been revealed so far are going to be the ones that will launch with Season 3, and there might be a short break after that or something?

KI is seriously one of the most diverse fighting games around. Every fighter is just so much more different than the next, with the only characters having some similarities being Jago and Shago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3472
    January 2012
    1,785 Posts
    Honestly surprised there wasn't a teaser at the end of the Arbiter trailer for the next fighter.

Guess the characters that have been revealed so far are going to be the ones that will launch with Season 3, and there might be a short break after that or something?
    Keep in mind, that trailer was shown at a Halo event, the people watching it for Halo might not care about a teaser for another KI character

They might do what they did with the Kim Wu trailer, wher they released an updated version that has the Arbiter tease

33. Post #3473
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,347 Posts
    I'm trying to do a combo with Cammy that goes something like Vskill > cr. mp > cannon spike but I can't get the cannon spike out, almost everytime I try a super comes out instead which is really confusing because when I look at the inputs it either looks like nothing should come out or I should get the cannon spike.

Like I'm not sure how this
    Counts as a super
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Vivaldi United States Show Events

34. Post #3474
    Some kind of Coding Wizard
    August 2009
    7,848 Posts
    I'm trying to do a combo with Cammy that goes something like Vskill > cr. mp > cannon spike but I can't get the cannon spike out, almost everytime I try a super comes out instead which is really confusing because when I look at the inputs it either looks like nothing should come out or I should get the cannon spike.

Counts as a super
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Capcom input leniency, where you suffer so idiots can mash specials/supers by flailing the stick. 26236 is a "qcfx2". DPing with 323 will make it much easier to avoid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #3475
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    9,099 Posts
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Capcom input leniency, where you suffer so idiots can mash specials/supers by flailing the stick. 26236 is a "qcfx2". DPing with 323 will make it much easier to avoid.
    Jusy a quick question. When you say 26236, is that basically if the inputs are on a numpad? So 236 punch is a fireball?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #3476
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,295 Posts
    Jusy a quick question. When you say 26236, is that basically if the inputs are on a numpad? So 236 punch is a fireball?

Yep.

37. Post #3477
    January 2012
    1,785 Posts
    Keep in mind, that trailer was shown at a Halo event, the people watching it for Halo might not care about a teaser for another KI character

They might do what they did with the Kim Wu trailer, wher they released an updated version that has the Arbiter tease
    And the official Twitter just confirmed an updated version of the trailer with a teaser will go up on Wednesday

Hopefully it's not just Tusk. We know he's coming but so far they've shown a return and two guests; I want to see what new characters are coming up this season

38. Post #3478
    October 2015
    5,556 Posts
    The fact that this was an April Fools prank annoys me:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

39. Post #3479
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,849 Posts

Counts as a super
    I think you're getting negative edge super. You hit the pure right input and then release HK right after. That's the only way super is coming out with those inputs, you have to end on a pure left or right input to get super. I recommend canceling crouching normals into DP with 323 like Altimor suggested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

40. Post #3480
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    2,531 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)