1. Post #3681
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    28,319 Posts
    So the only thing you get by porting over your GZ save is four new soldiers, right ? I've played the game mostly on PS3 and it's not installed on my PC at the moment so if that's all you get from GZ I may not bother reinstalling it this close to the release of TPP.
    Soldiers, and the GZ Sneaking Suit.
    And maybe (?) the PS1 skins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3682
    July 2015
    160 Posts
    y'know although i think big boss looks better without the bandana, i still can't wait to use it with the GZ sneaking suit for the true peace walker experience, especially since it doesn't seem to have the horn or the red arm.

although i'm not sure how that's gonna work out with some of the arm upgrades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

3. Post #3683
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    8,865 Posts
    You fire the blast arm and it just tears a hole in your sneaking suit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

4. Post #3684
    June 2013
    6,433 Posts
    PC users can download a save which has 100% completion if they really want to. It'll transfer over to MGSV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

5. Post #3685
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,801 Posts
    y'know although i think big boss looks better without the bandana, i still can't wait to use it with the GZ sneaking suit for the true peace walker experience, especially since it doesn't seem to have the horn or the red arm.

Notice though in that screenshot, snake doesn't have a scarred face, or a horn, so my assumption is that the GZ sneaking suit in TPP will have the bionic arm, horn, and punished snake's face. Use that plus a bandanna, and you have Big Boss from Peace Walker.

6. Post #3686
    I LOVE Grand Theft Auto
    Dennab
    July 2010
    4,930 Posts
    i've tried so many times to do all the trials, i've been stuck on 77% since i first finished the game and it hasn't budged, i can't even do the mark all enemy trials ffs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #3687
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    6,478 Posts
    PC users can download a save which has 100% completion if they really want to. It'll transfer over to MGSV.
    got a link for that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

8. Post #3688
    Yeah I'm not gonna make the novel reading today, I'm tired and am gonna fall into a coma after work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3689
    July 2015
    160 Posts
    Notice though in that screenshot, snake doesn't have a scarred face, or a horn, so my assumption is that the GZ sneaking suit in TPP will have the bionic arm, horn, and punished snake's face. Use that plus a bandanna, and you have Big Boss from Peace Walker.
    it wouldn't really be the same to me if he still had the horn, the arm, and the scars though. that's why i'm hoping that if you use the GZ suit in TPP, snake will look exactly like how he did in GZ, like in that screenshot. hell i wouldn't even mind if it barred you from using arm upgrades, i personally won't use them often (as cool as rocket punch is)

10. Post #3690
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts
    I've been playing Peace Walker and the Tank mission is kicking my ass- I knew this game had some inflated health on these bosses, but this is ridiculous. Is there a way to take down this tank easily? Or will I have to enlist some friends to take it down?

11. Post #3691
    April 2011
    514 Posts
    So I know that the version of TPP that comes with Nvidia cards won't have all the Steam bonuses that you get, but will I still not get the Steam bonuses if I buy it off of Kinguin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #3692
    April 2009
    8,865 Posts
    I've been playing Peace Walker and the Tank mission is kicking my ass- I knew this game had some inflated health on these bosses, but this is ridiculous. Is there a way to take down this tank easily? Or will I have to enlist some friends to take it down?
    If you keep tranqing all the soldiers that spawn in and never get detected, eventually the commander will pop his head out and you can shoot him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #3693
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts
    If you keep tranqing all the soldiers that spawn in and never get detected, eventually the commander will pop his head out and you can shoot him
    Eventually I'd start running out of tranqs, though, and that would not be good at all. It's defiitely an easier alternative, though, I'll give you that.

14. Post #3694
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,815 Posts
    Is the base raiding part of MGO3 or is it going to be in the game from launch?

15. Post #3695
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,265 Posts
    Is the base raiding part of MGO3 or is it going to be in the game from launch?
    MGO Twitter confirmed it'd be in at launch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #3696
    July 2015
    160 Posts
    Eventually I'd start running out of tranqs, though, and that would not be good at all. It's defiitely an easier alternative, though, I'll give you that.
    use smoke grenades and hold ups too, not just tranqs. the tank won't see or hear you if you're behind it or on its sides. sometimes the tank will run over the guys you held up or put to sleep, making things even easier.

17. Post #3697
    HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S A NEW STEAMGROUP FOR PLAYING HALF-LIFE 1 AND 2 DEATHMATCH WITH OTHER FACEPUNCHERS?? WE USUALLY PLAY GAMES A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK AND IF YOU JOIN OUR STEAM GROUP WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE'RE PLAYING!! CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
    Dennab
    April 2007
    10,941 Posts
    Where's the source that you have to 100% GZ to get the sneaking suit? From what I can tell just doing a save import does this (aka its basically a reward for owning GZ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #3698
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
    It'd be kind of cool if like the bandana, you could replace the arm or horn with your different uniforms so you can have the normal-looking Big Boss, scars aside. But then not only do we have NPCs to use, but this is the same series that gave us an MGS1 Snake mask for the fuck of it.

19. Post #3699
    April 2009
    8,865 Posts
    I'd always just tag everybody in the torso since they've got super strong helmets, and when they all fall over at once I quickly run over and fulton them before the next guys run in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

20. Post #3700
    September 2013
    6,300 Posts
    Yeah I'm not gonna make the novel reading today, I'm tired and am gonna fall into a coma after work.
    Okay, well if anyone else wants to do it tonight, just say so. If no one else is available, there's always tomorrow.

21. Post #3701
    October 2009
    1,517 Posts
    I'd always just tag everybody in the torso since they've got super strong helmets, and when they all fall over at once I quickly run over and fulton them before the next guys run in
    normally when i do the harder tank and vehicle missions i stop bothering to try and tranq people and just shoot them with the assault rifle. it depends how hard the mission you're doing is i guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

22. Post #3702
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,815 Posts
    I haven't played Peace Walker but you can take them out instantly if you fire a tranq right up their culo

23. Post #3703
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,458 Posts
    and if you dont care about heroism, just kill all the guards. it'll be the same affect on the tank driver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #3704
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    10,280 Posts
    Okay, well if anyone else wants to do it tonight, just say so. If no one else is available, there's always tomorrow.
    I'm down for tonight if it's after 11pm EST. Otherwise yeah, some other time.

Edited:

Confirmed: Nvidia codes will get you all the pre-order bonuses (sans a copy of GZ):

RobertPeelerKJP posted:
    You receive everything that comes with TPP
    http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/products/index.php5

[METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN]
    includes [METAL GEAR ONLINE] *
    [Special Contents for [METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN] ]
    Emblem "VENOM SNAKE"
    MOTHER BASE STAFF **
    Collector’s Video ***

But you don't get a copy of Ground Zeroes.
    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700...07867764074484
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #3705
    Dennab
    June 2008
    20,723 Posts
    Best way to do this is actually smoke grenades. Toss it into a group and do that martial arts judo combo PW specific nonsense to KO all of them at once. Screw the tranq.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #3706
    September 2013
    6,300 Posts
    I'm down for tonight if it's after 11pm EST. Otherwise yeah, some other time.
    I'm on the East Coast, so that'll be kind of hard for me.
    Maybe we can do it tomorrow.

27. Post #3707
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts
    I haven't played Peace Walker but you can take them out instantly if you fire a tranq right up their culo
    Everyone has helmets, because that'd be too easy.

use smoke grenades and hold ups too, not just tranqs. the tank won't see or hear you if you're behind it or on its sides. sometimes the tank will run over the guys you held up or put to sleep, making things even easier.
    Holding up is pretty hard on my PSP, because that little thumbpad sucks. I'll try it again next time I get on my PS3.

28. Post #3708
    April 2009
    8,865 Posts
    Everyone has helmets, because that'd be too easy.
    culo doesn't mean head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3709
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,458 Posts
    culo doesn't mean head
    they didn't say they had helmets on that head either

30. Post #3710
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts
    culo doesn't mean head
    ...and now I've learned that shooting someone in the ass will knock them out instantly, a function since MGS2. What a series.

31. Post #3711
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    28,319 Posts

Maybe GZ Big Boss is actually a different playable character? You can play as regular MSF troops, right? So maybe theres a version for Punished Snake with the arm, horn, and scars, and a version thats just GZ BB, no horn, scars, or arm.

32. Post #3712
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts
    Maybe GZ Big Boss is actually a different playable character? You can play as regular MSF troops, right? So maybe theres a version for Punished Snake with the arm, horn, and scars, and a version thats just GZ BB, no horn, scars, or arm.
    If that's the case then it'd basically be the perfect "minimum stealth run" outfit, which would be cool.

33. Post #3713
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    10,280 Posts
    I immediately imagined GZ Snake just being some guy who looks A LOT like Big Boss, and everyone constantly mistakes him for BB.

Also made me remember Portable Ops Plus. I liked how you could get tons of non-canon crossover characters from other MG/S games. Wish they would've kept doing that in PW/TPP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #3714
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,594 Posts
    I never really thought about this, but it must really suck to live in New York in the MGS universe post 2000, something bad seems to happen every 3 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

35. Post #3715
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    21,938 Posts
    Live Action JP MGSV Tv commerical

If you don't get it:
        they sacrifice their comfort to help others, and at the end snake says something to the equivalent of "we are all diamond dogs"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #3716
    July 2015
    160 Posts
    I immediately imagined GZ Snake just being some guy who looks A LOT like Big Boss, and everyone constantly mistakes him for BB.

Also made me remember Portable Ops Plus. I liked how you could get tons of non-canon crossover characters from other MG/S games. Wish they would've kept doing that in PW/TPP.
    even though i haven't actually played it, that's one thing i liked about portable ops/plus over peace walker. i'd much rather play as actual characters over masked soldiers. i hope MGO has playable characters from other games in the series besides BB and ocelot, but i'm not holding my breath

37. Post #3717
    "TOO FUCKIN' STUPID"
    March 2010
    2,295 Posts
    Live Action JP MGSV Tv commerical

If you don't get it:
        they sacrifice their comfort to help others, and at the end snake says something to the equivalent of "we are all diamond dogs"   

Song is alright I suppose

38. Post #3718
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,815 Posts
    Isn't there a new, non-kojima trailer coming? I'm afraid to watch it because it might spoil the story. Kojima knew how to show all this cool shit but not really show anything.

39. Post #3719
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    9,143 Posts
    I thought it was just gonna be motherbase gameplay, not another story trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #3720
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    8,958 Posts
    oh shit! My friend just got a new Nvidia GFX card and he's giving me the TPP code. I didn't even ask he just offered it to me :D

So hype!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Winner Winner x 23Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)