1. Post #1321
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    3,647 Posts
    At what rank can I expect the people who force buy every round to stop showing up? I'm at MG2 and still get entire teams who refuse to ever save, play most of the game with smgs or pistols, then get mad when we lose. Even if some of them can be convinced to, there's always at least one guy who buys an autosniper or something ridiculous while the rest of us have p250s. I tend not to get mad at my teammates in videogames, but this is infuriating.
    dmg

Edited:

I see way to many people doing it at mg1, and a lot of people try to run away from everything just because they get tagged less.
    They nearly always run with the knife around a corner anD get killed.

It might be because they got expensive knives too. I rarely see anyone with a stock knife do it.
    running with your knife is very important, your teammates just don't have good gamesense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1322
    August 2010
    433 Posts
    How good is MG1? I got placed into it as someone who only played the previous CSs casually as a teenager/kid

I have 160 hours but I think MG1 is a challenge for me, I think my true skill is Nova 4.
    I feel like I'm missing something. rank before 10 wins?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #1323
    August 2011
    3,647 Posts
    I feel like I'm missing something. rank before 10 wins?
    1 tie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #1324
    August 2010
    433 Posts
    Didn't think ties count.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events

5. Post #1325
    February 2009
    14,615 Posts
    Didn't think ties count.
    I didn't think so either. I've had a few ties but when I was on 9 wins, I got a tie match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events

6. Post #1326
    August 2011
    3,647 Posts
    I didn't think so either. I've had a few ties but when I was on 9 wins, I got a tie match.
    oh shit i have 9 wins on my smurf, guess im fucked now

7. Post #1327
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    945 Posts
    Didn't think ties count.
    It counts if it's your 10th "win".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Moldova, Republic of Show Events

8. Post #1328
    Gold Member
    October 2014
    731 Posts

uhh so i think i ranked from a loss.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Steam United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

9. Post #1329
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,739 Posts
    Fucking Get_Right wannabes.

"Oh I'm gonna lurk when everyone else is dead"
    "We going B? Ok I just lurk on A whole round till you die"
    "We rushing? I'll just bait you all then go to the other site without bomb"
    "I have bomb? Better give it to the CTs so its safe"
    "We eco? Ok I buy MP7"
    "Look at my spray control guys"
    If i dont trust my team i will lurk. I trust in my clutching abilities and when you lurk, those frags you get when ct s are rotating wins the round and makes cts hesitant to run to the bombsite in the next rounds plus winninh you more time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

10. Post #1330
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,927 Posts

uhh so i think i ranked from a loss.....
    No, you just got obliterated.

Edited:

If i dont trust my team i will lurk. I trust in my clutching abilities and when you lurk, those frags you get when ct s are rotating wins the round and makes cts hesitant to run to the bombsite in the next rounds plus winninh you more time.
    "I'll just lurk around the other site while everyone is dead then run onto the site the bomb is down at 15 seconds"
    "I'll lurk at the other side of the map where no one actually is"
    "I don't like these guys, instead of actively contributing I'm gonna jerk off in the corner then miss all my shots when someone actually does come near me"
    "Watch mid all day erry day"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #1331
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,739 Posts
    No, you just got obliterated.

Edited:

"I'll just lurk around the other site while everyone is dead then run onto the site the bomb is down at 15 seconds"
    "I'll lurk at the other side of the map where no one actually is"
    "I don't like these guys, instead of actively contributing I'm gonna jerk off in the corner then miss all my shots when someone actually does come near me"
    "Watch mid all day erry day"
    Yeah im not like that, you just stumbled upon real wannabees i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #1332
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,312 Posts
    Hooray, and to hopefully not rank back down to MG2 because of solo queue.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera Bulgaria Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

13. Post #1333
    Get out of here, G.A.R.R.Y.
    March 2010
    924 Posts
    How big is the skill gap between LE, LEM and Supreme?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Sweden Show Events

14. Post #1334
    Dennab
    May 2009
    1,254 Posts
    How big is the skill gap between LE, LEM and Supreme?
    In my opinion it varies. I've been floating between LE-LEM and I queue with Supremes and Globals pretty often. Sometimes someone is REALLY good at smokes/flashes but has a little less skill in aiming, while some suck at smokes/flashes but can peak one tap insta headshot like two people at once. I have a 75% win ratio and top frag against Supremes/Globals quite often as well and my current rank is LE. It's easy to rank up to Supreme and Global and not be a god at CS but at these higher ranks you often get those people with 80 hours and has god like aim, as well as those people who have 2k+ hours who is all around fucking amazing at the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1335
    Dennab
    October 2010
    15,211 Posts
    Man I love camping Dust2 mid doors as CT when not much money, when I just want to get someone's weapon.

This time someone tried to sneak through mid doors while I was waiting with a deagle.. 1 shot, 1 kill. Too bad he only had a shotgun.

Edited:

too often than not people don't check right behind the door

Edited:

probably because they think some CT is looking at the doors, or behind those corners to CT base or B.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events

16. Post #1336
    Get out of here, G.A.R.R.Y.
    March 2010
    924 Posts
    In my opinion it varies. I've been floating between LE-LEM and I queue with Supremes and Globals pretty often. Sometimes someone is REALLY good at smokes/flashes but has a little less skill in aiming, while some suck at smokes/flashes but can peak one tap insta headshot like two people at once. I have a 75% win ratio and top frag against Supremes/Globals quite often as well and my current rank is LE. It's easy to rank up to Supreme and Global and not be a god at CS but at these higher ranks you often get those people with 80 hours and has god like aim, as well as those people who have 2k+ hours who is all around fucking amazing at the game.
    Oh, I'm one of those Eagles that suck at both nades and aim    I have no idea how I even got this rank   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #1337
    Dennab
    May 2009
    1,254 Posts
    Oh, I'm one of those Eagles that suck at both nades and aim    I have no idea how I even got this rank   
    I got bored one day and literally spent an entire day from morning to night learning nade throws and trying(and failing) to make new ones. Once you start you end up having a lot of fun, actually. I didn't even realize how long I was practicing until one of my friends pointed it out.

Sadly I still sometimes forget certain smokes since I play all active duty maps.

Sometimes my aim is on point and I can entry frag like crazy but sometimes my aim is absolutely god awful, but to counter my god awful aim I try to play as funky as possible and use game sense to get my kills rather than aim to kill my kills. Nothing more pleasing than getting a pick at A on Cache then immediately running to B through T spawn and getting a kill on a CT with their knife out, funny how they usually all jump in fright. Then I go right back to A and end up having an empty site. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #1338
    Navi vs Flipsid3 was a tense game and i almost died irl when Flipsid3 started winning but it paid off

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Firefox Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

19. Post #1339
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,662 Posts
    I don't get the situation with F3 because apparently one of their teammates got esea banned or some shit and now instead of unbanning him or something they have to play with a standin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Germany Show Events

20. Post #1340
    Gold Member

March 2010
    6,782 Posts
    So many upsets in a row, glad I didn't bet last night
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

21. Post #1341
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,342 Posts
    Which tournaments offer souvenir cases?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Opera United States Show Events

22. Post #1342
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,325 Posts
    Messed around with the settings on my crosshair, namely made the gap and length of the lines smaller and now my aim is 2000% better.

23. Post #1343
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,927 Posts

Oh jeez, the salt is real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1344
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,911 Posts
    That's why I rarely bet.

I only do value bets on small upsets.

25. Post #1345
    June 2013
    2,588 Posts

Oh jeez, the salt is real.
    Walks in with 6$ and walks out with 6 grand LOL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #1346
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,573 Posts
    100,000% profit, sweet Jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1347

Edited:

can confirm the butterfly knife percentage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

28. Post #1348
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,849 Posts
    I'm in the same situation. Can't aim at all and don't even get me started on nade throwing, half the time I fail to prenade long. I'm an Eagle... how?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

29. Post #1349
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,097 Posts
    Staying in Supreme is a fucking challenge because I shit you not every 4th or so match will have a cheater, which makes it a real hard time to stay above a 50% win ratio. It's even more depressing because most hackers that has made it that far will keep it hidden until it's necessary in order for them to win, but always they will get blatant when pressured hard enough, or after they realize they busted themselves.

Also @ the self-proclaimed lurker somewhere above me on this page: Get a real playstyle, everybody you play with hates you. - An avid hater of lurkers that don't understand that it's something you do AFTER your team gets an entryfrag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1350
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,366 Posts

all of my what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #1351
    May 2013
    3,545 Posts

So I got 50 knife kills for 16 EXP each
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1352
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,723 Posts

all of my what
    boosted people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #1353
    March 2007
    4,034 Posts
    I really like the CSGO community, each time I've had to do a really grueling mission like pick-up 10 hostages on assault casual, everyone developed a group effort to make sure anyone doing that task got it rather quick. We set it up so T players wait by the hostage, CT's come in and form a line, you pick one up, you get shot in the head, the next CT repeats the process. It went pretty quick.

I also got lucky as balls on the Sergei and Turner mission, literally the first person I saw on those missions were my assassination targets and I was done.

Sorry for anyone who had trouble killing Sergei or Turner :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1354
    June 2013
    2,588 Posts
    Why not organize a facepunch CS:GO group that helps each other do missions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #1355
    December 2009
    1,648 Posts

so this just popped up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1356
    August 2009
    1,690 Posts
    What can I do to improve at CS:GO other than just play the game? GN4 currently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #1357
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,347 Posts
    What can I do to improve at CS:GO other than just play the game? GN4 currently.
    Get into a routine of playing this map training_aim_csgo2 for 5 / 10 mins every day using the AK or M4's, it builds your muscle memory. Then play death match on the maps you intend to play in comp (against bots if you want to reduce the amount of AWPS you meet), simply go around the map only scoring head shots, don't ever spray because that's not what you need to work on yet. Get use to traversing the map with your cross hairs pointed where the enemy's head may / will appear. Don't worry about winning, don't worry about dying, in fact if you miss the headshot take the death because it'll drum into your head the need to be accurate before you shoot rather than correct your aim after pulling the trigger. Get into the habit of aiming for the head and you will see vast improvements in your lethality, especially at GN4.Afteryou've warmed up then go have a game or 2 in comp, make sure you adhere to the above but natrually you don't need to be so harsh on yourself, if you can only see a foot then shoot it rather than going for the headshot type deal.

Game sense is something that you only get with hours in the game, some people get it sooner than others, some people never get it and rely on calls from teammates, but basically it's not something you can learn outside of just playing the game and watching streams.

Lastly go watch smoke and pop flash tutorials online and go into an offline match to practice them to the point you can do them without having to think, trust me on this, smokes and flashes are incredibly important, learn them, practice them and get to the point you can pull them off consistently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #1358
    March 2007
    4,034 Posts
    I've never used aim maps, do they really help you do anything vs just shooting at bots?
    Does it help you understand recoil patterns, or is it just helping you put a crosshair on a target/improve reaction time?
    I need to figure out the spray patterns, I've got aim and reaction time down pretty well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

39. Post #1359
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,669 Posts
    I complain about smurfs at LE :(
    At LE you shouldn't be complaining about smurfs at all. You should be able to put up a good fight against MOST globals. Yes you'll probably lose as they're higher skilled but you should learn a lot from that game, what they do you didn't, unless you're one of those 'Waaah i only lost because he can aim better than me :(((('
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #1360
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,347 Posts
    I've never used aim maps, do they really help you do anything vs just shooting at bots?
    Against a player way above your own rank? nope won't do shit. But against people your own rank and slightly higher? It can get you ahead. Treat them as warm ups. They get you into the swing of things while conditioning your muscle memory or twitch aim if you prefer, the aim map on its own does not make you a better player but when you combine it with everything else then it will give you the rewards you seek.

On it's own though, it's not enough. Follow it up with death match then comp.

Start of on stationary targets, once you get good at hitting them, go for the angles then the moving targets. Then work on your ability to side / shift step while doing it. Only in slight increments, don't jump on the highest and fastest difficulty there is and side step, work from the ground up, gradually adding a new variable as you get better. When you can score 60 / 70 targets consistently then notch it up a gear.

Agiain i cannot stress it enough, on it's own it will not make you a better player, you HAVE to throw live games into the practice so you can apply what you are learning / conditioning. It works for me, works for a number of my friends and i know a couple of globals who also vouch for it too. Naturally there is anotehr side to every story and ii do know a global who's said it does not work for him but that is one player out of the 20 or so who i know use it, so the only way to know if it will work for you is to try it yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events