1. Post #1
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts

http://www.adventfuture.org/

http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/25/2k-g...ystopian-game/
    Advent is the game 2K is teasing on Twitter. No details were revealed, but 2K is directing everyone to a new website that sets up the game’s world.

The website, called AdventFuture, serves as an advertisement for a new technology by the same name that supposedly helps the disenfranchised overcome things like hunger, illness and pain.

The website also shows a different side of the story. The text keeps getting altered to convey a different message about the lies of Advent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Empty Browser String 123 Show Events Informative Informative x 29Starred Starred x 6Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts
    First vibe is Watch_dogs: 2K edition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Empty Browser String 123 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 101Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    Could be cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Empty Browser String 123 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 64Optimistic x 8Funny x 5Disagree x 2Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,259 Posts
    First vibe is Watch_dogs: 2K edition.
    I was thinking more of Bioshock but in the future, especially with the Gene Therapy pamphlet, but that might be because of the publisher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Empty Browser String 123 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    Amazing advanecments in architectural construction
    In the future spell-checking software is banned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 73Agree x 14Zing x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    It's Treason Then
    December 2008
    23,490 Posts
    The setting so far is a bit generic, the usual "Government/company sells something that makes people better but actually its evil/corrupt and shit goes down and our hero must spread the truth" though i hope the story goes down further then that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Empty Browser String 123 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 33 (list)

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    I hope it's not a third person open world action game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 67Funny x 6Disagree x 2Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,254 Posts
    damn not an advent rising sequel...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2014
    8,868 Posts
    Oh man that globe is giving me such an XCOM vibe. Also, the "WE ARE STILL WATCHING" on the page sounds kind of like "We will be watching" that the council guy always says. If this were a dystopian future where aliens have infiltrated the government and mind-controlled everybody, and XCOM has to go rogue and fight to take back control from the shadows, I would be totally fucking for it. The isometric sort of look the images of the city have are encouraging me. The government using gene therapy to control people is also in line with the gene mod tech they developed in Enemy Within.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 15Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
    I was thinking more of a modern day Bioshock, but that might be because of the publisher.
    There is that, and it's also the thing where it serves as an advert for the aforementioned technology that apparently allows people to overcome troubles like hunger, pain and illness. So far it displays safe housing designed for comfort and utility, along with advanced gene therapy to help combat all manner of illness, which could be an extrapolation of the "utopia" envisioned in Rapture but with the original objectivist philosophies being lost because the divers were too entranced by the miraculous qualities of the technologies found somewhere beyond the sea. Also the pictures of the "new cities" make them look rather small, possibly suggesting that they're partially under the ground.

With that in mind, the evidence points towards a modern-day BioShock with a possible "nowpunk" twist on the genetics-focused 50's decopunk setting of Rapture. And since the BioShock games usually have a 3 year gap between them, it would probably make sense for them to tease it now before the proper reveal of BioShock Advent/Underworld (I can't think of a better name without knowing more) at E3 and a release date some time in mid 2016.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Empty Browser String 123 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    6,579 Posts
    A lot of people are hoping it's a new Bioshock, but I really doubt it'll happen with Irrational gone. It's probably a new IP.

12. Post #12
    PM ME FOR A FREE RUST STEAM KEY OR VAC UNBAN
    Dennab
    November 2013
    714 Posts
    Gives me huge vibes of Bioshock.

"Move in today and start living in the world of tomorrow"

Kinda reminds me of rapture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    18,711 Posts
    Always good to see a major publisher announce a new IP.

If it even is.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member

August 2009
    2,354 Posts
    I'm honestly glad it's not another BioShock installment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    20,314 Posts
    Concept art makes it look like a sci-fi citybuilder.

I am A-OK with that concept.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    18,711 Posts
    Gives me huge vibes of Bioshock.

"Move in today and start living in the world of tomorrow"

Kinda reminds me of rapture.
    But the whole point of rapture was it was for the elite. This seems like a public thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    PM ME FOR A FREE RUST STEAM KEY OR VAC UNBAN
    Dennab
    November 2013
    714 Posts
    But the whole point of rapture was it was for the elite. This seems like a public thing.
    Im secretly hoping its not a new bioshock title, I don't know if an outside developer could capture Irrationals story telling and game play. After all, when an outside developer touched the bioshock series we got Bioshock 2.

While the game was actually not that bad, it didn't have the same feel as all the other bioshock games. It also didn't really need multiplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    It's Treason Then
    December 2008
    23,490 Posts
    Also seeing the concept art of the game.

Seriously guessing its a third person open world action game.

Edited:

Also the pamphlet, perhaps being a bit too picky but "DNA splicing"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Empty Browser String 123 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,032 Posts
    Anyone else think that's a really boring, safe title, or is it just me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    NETID#203731
    March 2009
    14,143 Posts
    Concept art makes it look like a sci-fi citybuilder.

I am A-OK with that concept.
    oh man i hope it is a dystopian cyberpunk society builder, that would own so hard

Edited:

i would love to be on the other end of the cyberpunk conspiracy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    20,314 Posts

In the pamphlet, the N, CO, V and O were put into the picture. Now what to do with those.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member

August 2009
    2,354 Posts
    Im secretly hoping its not a new bioshock title, I don't know if an outside developer could capture Irrationals story telling and game play. After all, when an outside developer touched the bioshock series we got Bioshock 2.

While the game was actually not that bad, it didn't have the same feel as all the other bioshock games. It also didn't really need multiplayer.
    the story was admittedly weaker but the gameplay was better over the first. and for what it's worth the story got a lot stronger within the last couple hours.

My only complaint about it was Lamb. I really didn't like her at all and just got annoyed whenever she appeared. Not in the way you'd want for an effective villain either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    July 2013
    5,893 Posts
    Perhaps a splice between deus ex and system shock?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Firefox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,512 Posts
    Smells a bit like Syndicate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

25. Post #25
    a chance to win an xbox one in every packet!
    September 2013
    2,970 Posts
    It should be noted that this is most likely Team 13's first game. The team is comprised of ex lucasarts guys, the technical engineer from Mafia 2, the financial manager from Pixar, and the director of Splinter cell: blacklist

Additionally, their motto and mantra is that "every players story is unique". That pretty much narrows what type of game this could be down to a significant degree. An RPG would be obvious given the bioshock vibes given throughout, an open world game could be feasible given how large the city looks (and how they're building a new engine mainly for an "unannounced game"), or maybe even a stealth title.

I'm intrigued any way this goes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 6 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,948 Posts
    Well I'm definitely curious. I'll give it that much so far. It does feel Watch Dogs like though. I hope it doesn't try to be a sad Bioshock/Watch Dogs hybrid.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,680 Posts
    City building sim set in the far future, calling it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2014
    8,868 Posts
    Oh man that globe is giving me such an XCOM vibe. Also, the "WE ARE STILL WATCHING" on the page sounds kind of like "We will be watching" that the council guy always says. If this were a dystopian future where aliens have infiltrated the government and mind-controlled everybody, and XCOM has to go rogue and fight to take back control from the shadows, I would be totally fucking for it. The isometric sort of look the images of the city have are encouraging me. The government using gene therapy to control people is also in line with the gene mod tech they developed in Enemy Within.
    Also, just going to throw this out there:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,874 Posts
    Also, just going to throw this out there:
    I'd hope you're right, but I ain't gonna get it too up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,889 Posts

Edited:

It looks very sterile for an open world action game. The "move in today" quote along with the isometric city blocks is making me think of a city-builder or The Sims.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    October 2007
    26,022 Posts
    I hope it's a freemium puzzle game for Android and iOS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 40Agree Agree x 3Starred Starred x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    22,292 Posts
    isnt the font in that gif in the op the same as a xcom font.

Edited:

yep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 18Starred Starred x 9Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
    It looks very sterile for an open world action game. The "move in today" quote along with the isometric city blocks is making me think of a city-builder or The Sims.
    On one hand I hope it's not, but on the other hand if they can do it better than Ubisoft then all power to them.

Thing is with open-world action games is that it doesn't matter how big the world is if there's barely anything to do in it. And even then, if you have to go to a certain point on the map to activate an event, especially if it's on the other side of town, you end up having to spend a long time travelling there even using transport. Unless you have a fast travel system to whisk you away and get you there in a matter of moments, getting to the mission start in an open-world is a fucking commute.

Ideally, "open world" games should slide away from trying to simulate an entire city (especially if they're made for the pathetic consoles of the current generation) and instead focus on more medium-large environments that are more structured and rich, built for certain purposes while offering multiple ways to approach your objective(s). The worlds would still be relatively open, but with less filler and less pretence of being a city simulator. Save that stuff for Cities: Skylines and other games that revolve around simulating and managing an entire city.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Empty Browser String 123 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,242 Posts
    Based off the website, I doubt this will be a city builder. It's really giving me BioShock vibes, especially the whole "advancements in medicine, and gene therapy" thing, gives me a plasmids feel when they talk about gene therapy used to rid illness of the "mind, body, and spirit". Also the messages saying people have gone missing.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,409 Posts
    Getting a syndicate vibe from all this, not the FPS game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Limed00d's bottom bitch
    March 2012
    813 Posts
    I hope it's a freemium puzzle game for Android and iOS
    Fuck no!

I hope it's exclusive to iOS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,873 Posts
    it's xcom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Puerto Rico Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    March 2013
    3,507 Posts

Edited:

it's either a city builder or has an isometric view from the looks of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    December 2012
    3,752 Posts
    System Shock 3

Please don't hit me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,874 Posts
    isnt the font in that gif in the op the same as a xcom font.

Edited:

yep
    Has Firaxis ever done ARG shit like this before?