1. Post #1
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    14,283 Posts
    ^ Please read the last edited date. If something need to be added to the OP, let me know. I'm very active on FP and Steam.

Facepunch Steam Group Here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gta5fp
    If you make a MAJOR event on the Steam group, it must be listed 3 days in advance and list the time zone and time of the event beginning.

Here is the Facepunch crew. It's used across all platforms.
    To join, PM Mr. Zombie here.
    Figure out who is who here.

Previous Threads
    V1
    V2
    V3
    V4
    V5

Official Facepunch Panto

The Games

--

2D Era

Grand Theft Auto
    Release: October 1997
    The first game of the series to hit the shelves for the Playstation 1, PC and Gameboy Advance. It's about as basic as you can get, but still a classic and it came with two mission packs.

GTA (and GTA2) is available for free download on Rockstar's official website, as well as Steam (but you have to buy it as part of a collection there).

Mission Packs
    Release: April 29 1999 [GTA: London 1969]
    June 1 1999 [GTA: London 1961]
    These two mission packs were the first expansions for Grand Theft Auto, and set about expanding the core gameplay and changing the main locale to London instead of the United States.

Grand Theft Auto 2
    Release: September 30, 1999
    For the PC, PS1, Dreamcast and Gameboy Advance. It offered an improved version of the original GTA and allowed you to do work for seperate gangs.

--

3D Era

Grand Theft Auto 3

Release: October 22, 2001
    Hailed the granddaddy of all open world 3D games, GTA3 was released for the PS2, Xbox and PC. The silent protagonist (revealed in later games to be Claude) is betrayed by his girlfriend in a robbery, and you set out to gain revenge on her through moving up in the crime ladder. It set the precedent for all the future 3D GTA games and was very amazing and controversial for its time, as well as establishing Liberty City (the first arguably well known city in the GTA series).

It was rereleased later for the iOS and Android phones on its anniversary, as well as being available on the Playstation Network.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Release: October 29, 2002
    Vice City was released for the PS2, PC and Xbox. It is set in the fictional Florida settlement of Vice City, and takes a lot of inspiration and flair from the 80s, as well as loosely following the Scarface theme for the story. Features a lot of rad music, colourful scenary and motherfucking helicopters, as well as introducing the first talking protagonist Tommy Vercetti.

It was rereleased later for the iOS and Android on its anniversary, and is also available on the PSN.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Release: October 26, 2004
    Released on for the PS2, PC and Xbox, it is the largest GTA game to date in the 3D Era. It features a whole state, San Andreas, instead of just one city, with three cities loosely based off Los Angeles (Los Santos) and San Francisco (San Fierro) of California, and Las Vegas (Las Venturas) of Nevada. It is seen to be the most popular GTA game still today, as it bought a lot of new features to the table. The usefulness of these features (the rpg style elements primarily) is hotly debated amongst many fans. Also introduced Carl 'CJ' Johnson, make of him what you will.

You can also swim in this one, finally.

It is available on PSN and XBLM.

Grand Theft Auto: Advance

Release: October 25, 2004
    Developed by an independant studio (Digital Eclipse) for the Game Boy Advance. Features a new main character called Mike who does criminal work in Liberty City. Considered by some to be the weakest link in the series.

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Release: October 24, 2005
    For the PSP (and a year later on the PS2), this is a spinoff to GTA3 (set three years before) putting players in the shoes of capo Toni Cipriani, who rises through the Leone ranks in Liberty City and earns the trust of his boss Salvatore Leone.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Release: October 31, 2006
    Also for the PSP (and again ported to the PS2 only), this is the earliest canon GTA game in the 3D era and is set two years before Vice City, showing how dishonourably discharged army private Victor Vance rises through the criminal underworld in Vice City just to survive (and dealing with Lance.. fucking Lance). Features a lot of pastel coloured suits, more 80s music and the return of swimming.

--

HD Era

Grand Theft Auto IV

Release: April 29, 2008
    The most detailed game ever released in the series, Grand Theft Auto IV hit the shelves for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. It details the journey of Niko Bellic, an immigrant fresh off the boat from Europe inspired to start a new life after reading his cousin's many letters about how awesome America is. However, once he gets there he finds out that Roman was just telling bullshit stories and is forced to work his way through the shady dealings of Liberty City to secure some money and deal with his past at the same time.

This is set in a completely new universe (with references to the 3D era but no reappearances of the old characters) and features some really amazing physics and graphics, and keeps the overall classic GTA gameplay. Just be weary of getting persistent phone calls from all your friends.

There's also the PC port, notorious in its ability to work in technologically impossible ways on every machine as well as being bundled with GFWL, but as of a few patches, GFWL has been removed completely and the game optimised.

Episodic Content

Release: 17 Feburary 2009 [TLAD]
    29 October 2009 [TBOGT]
    The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony were released as two-parters to GTA4, part of a deal with Microsoft Games for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. It fixed up a lot of the criticisms with GTA4 and interweaved the three protagonists stories together (Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez) into an interesting and satisfying experience, also offering new weapons, cars and a whole bunch of stuff to do.

TLAD also requires you to be confident of your sexuality.

You can buy GTA4 + TLAD and BOGT in a complete bundle called 'Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City' in retail or on Steam.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Release: 17 March 2009
    Released for the Nintendo DS, and a few months later for the PSP and iOS, it is the second game (not counting the episodic content) to be released in the HD era and follows the story of Huang Lee through Liberty City. It received impressive reviews for a handheld game.

Grand Theft Auto V

Release: September 17th 2013 (PS3 and 360)
    November 18th 2014 (PS4 and Xbox One)
    April 13th and 15th 2015 (PC)

The fifteenth game in Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series tells the stories of three playable protagonists; Michael, a former robber and troubled family man who is now living the high life in Los Santos and unsatisfied with his life, Franklin, a member of Grove Street who is looking to get out of the hood and earn himself more cash than all the awful gang related errands he runs and Trevor, Michael's former partner-in-crime, living in Blaine County way out in the sticks. The stories of the three characters intertwine frequently and outside of missions the player can freely switch between them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Empty Browser String 123 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,140 Posts
    gta is cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Disagree x 11Agree x 6Informative x 4Dumb x 2Zing x 1Late x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1Useful x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    AJA
    September 2011
    2,432 Posts
    I haven't been on GTA for a while. I come back on, I immediately get shot at. I swear people used to be nicer.

Not that it matters, my K/D might be pretty bad but it's all part of the plan. Dominated with 23-9 and he left. With his little shitbox of a Kuruma, I didn't even need to blow it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,593 Posts
    let's celebrate the first page with a museum to one of the stranger aspects of any modding community: shoehorned anime!
    Who knew there was this much Nippon to be found for Grand Theft Auto V?

First in our exhibit, we have a simple clothing replacement so you can make your young disillusioned bank robber into your favorite anime singer!

That's not all. Ever wanted a poorly cropped and sized piece of artwork from a famous Japanese show plastered onto your monochrome shirts? You're covered!

Show your support for your favorite anime protagonist!

Why the fuck are these all for Franklin

...Or, prove your dedication to your waifu.

Hell, you can even download a pack of them!

Okay, this is getting to be a bit much. Let's just finish off with a tidal wave of well-done poorly-done supercar decals shitty stickers.

That's all for today. Too much chinese cartoons can be bad for the eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    🚑 Sarcasm
    January 2009
    15,058 Posts
    So what ever happened to the videos from the session the other day?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Empty Browser String 123 Austria Show Events

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    December 2013
    3,958 Posts
    I like GTA5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    November 2010
    826 Posts
    GTA is alright, i guess.

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    October 2012
    4,773 Posts
    So what ever happened to the videos from the session the other day?
    I'm using them to test out the editor right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    15,164 Posts
    GTAO is a game where people rain money on you and then you explode

Edited:

Meanwhile GTAV is a game where three dicks are dicks to eachother while being dicks to everyone else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2013
    52 Posts
    You shouldnt' have to do a glitch to make your character look cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    506 Posts
    Rockstar needs to get they're shit together, seriously.

I'm used to seeing trainer using players keep quiet and atleast try to avoid revealing that they're the ones spawning money etc. Now I just encountered one flat out bragging about how they were able to remove reports made against them and bragged that they could get the people who called them out banned over both ingame chat and voice chat, as they blew up everyone on the server while framing someone else for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events

12. Post #12
    September 2010
    250 Posts
    Has rockstar been rolling out any bans lately? It seems like the people who are hacking/whatever online aren't disappearing. Maybe they stopped banning until they could figure out how not ban framed players?

Also, it's wonderful to have your mental state capped after someone explodes everyone and frames you. Can't even drive up to randoms anymore without being shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2013
    544 Posts
    When hackers fly around in their fancy rainbow coloured jets dropping money randomly around the city, when you pick up a stash does it actually stick to your character when you reload the game? not that I've ever picked up a 'Hackers Stash', I once had a hacker strip all the weapons from my character and I had to re-buy all of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #14
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,843 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    October 2012
    4,773 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,561 Posts
    I once had a hacker strip all the weapons from my character and I had to re-buy all of them.
    You wasted money, weapons always come back once you change server.

17. Post #17
    January 2010
    1,913 Posts
    When hackers fly around in their fancy rainbow coloured jets dropping money randomly around the city, when you pick up a stash does it actually stick to your character when you reload the game? not that I've ever picked up a 'Hackers Stash', I once had a hacker strip all the weapons from my character and I had to re-buy all of them.
    When you pick up cash it gets added to your wallet, which you can't really remove. The only way to get it off of you is to die (you drop $500 on death, so have fun with that) or spend it.

If you pick up any money just spend it on shit you want. At this point there's really no reason not to because you are either going to get banned or ignored because of how small the amount of cash you picked up was.

So far I've picked up nearly 25mil from douche bag hackers and I haven't been banned or had my money reset, so it's not clear to me what exactly gets you noticed other than someone reporting you or willingly telling R* you picked up money.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,809 Posts
    I made a video with DING DING DING in it.

People never seem to realise what passive mode is. Three sticky bombs and an expensive mistake later I think this guy might've realised though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    January 2010
    1,913 Posts
    Not that I'm encouraging people to pick up money, you should avoid hackers if possible, but if you do just spend it.

Edited:

muh automerge

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    August 2010
    2,817 Posts
    Not that I'm encouraging people to pick up money, you should avoid hackers if possible, but if you do just spend it.

Edited:

muh automerge

It's not my fault I was standing around, walking along and I got raped by a hacker then splurged his thick 6 million dollar load on my face with a minigun.

#WASN'TASKING4IT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    15,164 Posts
    I made a video with DING DING DING in it.

People never seem to realise what passive mode is. Three sticky bombs and an expensive mistake later I think this guy might've realised though.
    Kinda reminds me of something that happened the other day, someone in a gold Insurgent was driving around and trying to kill people who were in passive. They kept asking why they can't kill anybody and eventually started spamming chat with censored or poorly spelled obscenities while demanding someone tell them how to start a heist.

This person was level 193. My best guess is the guy bought a stolen account to get a head-start in online and didn't know how to play at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2013
    52 Posts
    Death to all non FAPpers being dealt by me and Karl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,182 Posts
    Yusuf DLC when?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,254 Posts
    Yusuf DLC when?
    still the best character of the current GTA universe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2013
    52 Posts
    Me and Karl are looking for me FAPPERS to join us. Join either GlobalJordans or Karl_Larson, we got tanks and insurgents :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    December 2013
    3,958 Posts
    I'm kind of disappointed that female characters in gtao don't have special animations for prostitutes.

It's weird as shit seeing my character getting ridden like she's a dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    March 2015
    392 Posts
    The multiplayer isn't going to be really enjoyable until a fan-made frontend is finally developed for it.

As it stands there is *way* too much grind to get some of the more entertaining content, and features that I really wish were in (disabling cops when things turn into a giant free-for-all, anyone?)

I also get bored in GTA:O really quickly.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    15,164 Posts
    When I get bored in freeroam I just do missions or other gametypes until I'm bored again, where I go back to freeroam and buy/upgrade/mod something before signing out

I've haven't been hurting for money at all ever since this started becoming a habit. Dailies plus Simeon vehicle plus one or two $9000+ vehicles sold plus mission cash nets me between 75,000 and 175,000 GTA$ a day without even really trying. I could actively seek $12k+ vehicles, stall the mission timer for bigger payouts, or go after bounties/targets/armored trucks/etc to get even more if I wanted.

Edited:

If you're patient, persistent, and don't impulsively spend on things that aren't your current goal item, you can get almost anything you could want in a week tops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    December 2010
    1,780 Posts
    Kinda pissed off with GTAO. I only play with friends who are sporadically on in private sessions, since free mode is just a shithole where you're either going to be killed, money-injected, framed, or fucked with. I can't play deathmatch/adversary because of hackers ruining almost every match. I'm basically stuck with single-player, which is great but GTAO can be really fun if nobody's hacking/being a dick and it's a shame it's ruined.

Rockstar sucks with anti-cheat so bad, do they even have logs on their servers so they can tell who's spawning what or exploding what? Why the fuck can hackers unflag their accounts as cheating? I can't think of any other $60 game with such a laughable anti-cheat. I wouldn't be surprised if hackers could force their way into other people's private sessions, or just nuke someone's entire GTAO character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,561 Posts
    It's weird as shit seeing my character getting ridden like she's a dude.
    Maybe she is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Empty Browser String 123 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    15,164 Posts
    By the way, if you're worried about your account being broken into, one little step you can take to ensure it won't be a complete mess when you get it back is to make your name uneditable.

Go into your SC user settings, edit name, leave it the same, confirm. Your name is now locked to what you set it for a year. Your account will actually be much less appealing to pawn off if the username can't be changed, particularly if it has a real name in it, or is highly specific in another regard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,274 Posts
    Holy balls this game is unstable haha. I just recently swapped my HD6870 over for an R9 280 (mostly for GTA5 since I don't play a lot else these days). Been on XP all along with a Win7 install on another hdd for random Vista/7+ only games so I axed that and put a fresh Win7 install on a new 120gb SSD, installed GTA5 on that, put the GTA5 beta AMD drivers on and figured it'd be hunky dory. But hot damn, does it like to crash randomly.

I had to replay that damn intro sequence like 6 times before it finally got through without randomly crashing somewhere. First time, as we exited the bank and the first cop car powerslid in, crash. Second time, I got to the escape car, started driving, crash. Third time, I got through the gunfight with the cops, saw the funeral, as just as it faded to black after seeing Michael, crash (actually sat on the black screen for like 2 mins thinking it was loading before I realised lel). I dropped it to DirectX 10.1, it was more stable but still crashed. Dropped everything to lowest and directx 10 and that got me through.

Turned everything back up, tried to do Franklins first mission, crashed when the guys attacked us at the garages looking for the bike. Ugh. Maybe it's just these drivers, I'm going to switch to those Win10 betas that everyone's raving about - everything else on my system runs perfect, so I'm sure it's just a GTA5 / Driver thing. Runs amazing though - game automatically chose high / very high for almost everything and it runs perfect the whole time, never less than 30fps it feels, and the ssd really helps a LOT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    14,283 Posts
    By the way, if you're worried about your account being broken into, one little step you can take to ensure it won't be a complete mess when you get it back is to make your name uneditable.

Go into your SC user settings, edit name, leave it the same, confirm. Your name is now locked to what you set it for a year. Your account will actually be much less appealing to pawn off if the username can't be changed, particularly if it has a real name in it, or is highly specific in another regard.
    Can your SC be stolen if it's linked to Steam?

34. Post #34

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,571 Posts
    let's celebrate the first page with a museum to one of the stranger aspects of any modding community: shoehorned anime!
    Who knew there was this much Nippon to be found for Grand Theft Auto V?

when fedora-wearing redditors and animes collide

*euphoric*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

35. Post #35
    AJA
    September 2011
    2,432 Posts
    I just spent 270k on a moped. Fucking kill me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #36
    "Yeah my dog sleeps near my feet. sometimes i squeeze her with my legs and she farts."
    March 2010
    8,444 Posts
    wow what a great way to start a thread. half of the replies so far are people talking about how dull the game has gotten
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    May 2015
    6 Posts
    Did my first heist today against all odds. Thanks to the random pubber who was patient while I fumbled through that drill mini-game bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2013
    52 Posts
    Did my first heist today against all odds. Thanks to the random pubber who was patient while I fumbled through that drill mini-game bit.
    the drill is the worst, you better feel lucky he didnt leave
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,561 Posts
    Damn, I heard the wrecks in the water were oversized, but I didn't know that meant they were like over 5x normal size until I got a trainer to spawn the real vehicles for side-by-side comparisons.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2013
    52 Posts
    Damn, I heard the wrecks in the water were oversized, but I didn't know that meant they were like over 5x normal size until I got a trainer to spawn the real vehicles for side-by-side comparisons.

I think rockstar was just hoping no one would notice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 2 (list)