1. Post #1081
    July 2012
    574 Posts

Any suggestions for the models before I texture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1082
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,257 Posts

What's it based on if you don't mind me asking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1083
    July 2012
    574 Posts
    What's it based on if you don't mind me asking?

I guess it's really just sort of an outdoorsy woodsman/hunter type set, partially made with the Winter Woodsman in mind since I really like that hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #1084
    August 2009
    10,257 Posts
    Well I think it's ready for texturing then, but that's just me.
    Also look at what I got back into doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #1085
    November 2010
    1,123 Posts

The pants, in the concept at least, don't seem to add so much, so you may not need to cover up the legs as much above the knee since it could just blend in with his default pants. Save polygons because you can, you know?

Also, maybe for the pants you could try to make them look muddied up near the boots- I'm not sure how you would portray that in the model other than adding more wrinkles, but you could do splashes of mud in the texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

6. Post #1086
    July 2014
    1,234 Posts
    The pants, in the concept at least, don't seem to add so much, so you may not need to cover up the legs as much above the knee since it could just blend in with his default pants. Save polygons because you can, you know?

Also, maybe for the pants you could try to make them look muddied up near the boots- I'm not sure how you would portray that in the model other than adding more wrinkles, but you could do splashes of mud in the texture.
    No need to save polys if you've got everything modeled, the concept shows much looser trousers so modelling creases and allowing space for normals would only help the item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1087
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    9,348 Posts
    Sorry for causing drama here guys. I'll stop posting about our personal thingy and deal with in PM. Again, Sorry.
    Apologizing for doing X and then doing X negates the apology. Why bother apologizing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1088
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,800 Posts
    you just don't listen, do you? even when you say you are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #1089
    August 2014
    238 Posts
    you just don't listen, do you? even when you say you are
    Its been handled, so calm you tits son.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #1090
    Gold Member
    June 2014
    1,441 Posts

I originally wanted some sports tape on scouts arms but then i realized that scout already has those :-v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1091
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,006 Posts
    make him wear sports tape all over his arms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events

12. Post #1092
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #1093
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,439 Posts
    Better make a pepper spray weapon for Scout then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1094
    May 2011
    718 Posts
    Team coloured arms are the next step clearly???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1095
    February 2015
    342 Posts
    Better make a pepper spray weapon for Scout then
    Honestly, I'd think that'd be kinda cool.
    Secondary, does a small about of damage but gives the target the flame effect from the flame thrower. Has a range half of the FT.

That is probably a terrible idea, but I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events

16. Post #1096
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,127 Posts

more concept art from retro and i~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Artistic Artistic x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

17. Post #1097
    August 2009
    10,257 Posts
    If this gets made, hopefully no one has to put an odd collar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #1098
    March 2013
    2,390 Posts
    Buff up those upper arms and shoulders so that the arms don't look like big fat sausages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1099
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,127 Posts
    If this gets made, hopefully no one has to put an odd collar.
    just got claimed by primrose, i think it should be fine with a bit of the neck modeled and blended in!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1100
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,006 Posts
    Buff up those upper arms and shoulders so that the arms don't look like big fat sausages.
    or worse, he'd look like popeye.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Chile Show Events

21. Post #1101
    November 2013
    1,597 Posts
    Looks like a bitch for snipers, especially from behind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

22. Post #1102
    March 2013
    2,390 Posts
    Looks like a bitch for snipers, especially from behind.
    Considering how the hit boxes work, I don't think it'll be a problem for snipers at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1103
    June 2014
    1,585 Posts
    Moustaches don't work like that - unless you shave a thin strip down the middle of your upper lip for some reason.

I vote you give it a Freddie Mercury moustache instead.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

24. Post #1104
    WnR

June 2013
    778 Posts
    Wanted to show a couple things that I'm working on: A my first head/beard cosmetic and because I'm lazy in strange ways I didn't want to hand make the flexes so I'm writing an addon for Blender that will auto-generate flexes based on a reference mesh.

The resulting flexes aren't perfect but they are damn good for a first start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #1105
    March 2014
    5,000 Posts
    Wanted to show a couple things that I'm working on: A my first head/beard cosmetic and because I'm lazy in strange ways I didn't want to hand make the flexes so I'm writing an addon for Blender that will auto-generate flexes based on a reference mesh.

The resulting flexes aren't perfect but they are damn good for a first start.
    auto generated flexes would be a godsend
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #1106
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,713 Posts

It's-a-Him, the famous retired doctor

(Mustache+Nose)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. France Show Events Funny Funny x 24Winner Winner x 14 (list)

27. Post #1107
    October 2013
    568 Posts
    The only thing that is missing are the round shoes and jeans

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

28. Post #1108
    Vap
    June 2013
    125 Posts
    That is actually adorable!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1109
    August 2014
    1,789 Posts

(Mustache+Nose)
    Your concepts have been getting a lot better lately!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 12Disagree x 6Friendly x 5Winner x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #1110
    March 2014
    433 Posts
    Moustaches don't work like that - unless you shave a thin strip down the middle of your upper lip for some reason.

I vote you give it a Freddie Mercury moustache instead.

Well actually, some mustaches can if your facial hair grows kinda raggy, I got a spot with no hair in the middle of mine almost
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #1111
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,688 Posts
    Teeth not shiny enough, needs more Colgate toothpaste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Indonesia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #1112
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

33. Post #1113
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,006 Posts
    is that mask attached to his skull or his beanie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #1114
    July 2011
    1,162 Posts
    is that mask attached to his skull or his beanie?
    To the strap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

35. Post #1115
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,006 Posts
    oh, the strap is literally the same color of the beanie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Chile Show Events

36. Post #1116
    March 2014
    5,000 Posts

(Mustache+Nose)
    please let me take this dear lord
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1117
    August 2009
    10,257 Posts
    Remade another concept I did a long time ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

38. Post #1118
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    9,610 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1119
    September 2014
    507 Posts
    The amount of bans handed out over the past few days though......

Anyways, almost finished with the grenade launcher model. here is some WIP

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #1120
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,769 Posts
    The amount of bans handed out over the past few days though......

Anyways, almost finished with the grenade launcher model. here is some WIP

The stock, trigger and trigger guard look really funky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)