1. Post #1
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    May be a dumb thread topic, but does anyone think it would be (would have been) possible to extract the model data from P.T.?

I never coughed up the money to buy a PS4, went with buying a day one edition XB1 from a friend due to it being cheaper, so I never had the chance to try for myself when it was still available.

I remember PS3s would let you copy stuff to a flash drive then put it onto the computer. Figured it might be the same with the PS4?

2. Post #2
    September 2009
    427 Posts
    not yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    20,984 Posts
    What would you want to rip from it though? All you could really get are just random household objects, there aren't really any visible "characters" in PT.

4. Post #4
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    I was more so curious bout the Reedus (visible in the mirror) and Lisa models for studying.

I really enjoy studying the way texture and topology work look in all the different games that I enjoy. Being able to manually zoom in on a model or texture to fully appreciate the amount of detail put in, it really proves inspirational in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    January 2015
    809 Posts
    I was more so curious bout the Reedus (visible in the mirror) and Lisa models for studying.

I really enjoy studying the way texture and topology work look in all the different games that I enjoy. Being able to manually zoom in on a model or texture to fully appreciate the amount of detail put in, it really proves inspirational in my opinion.
    I know that feeling.

I was also really impressed how in MGSV, the lips of characters were separated from the face model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Panama Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2011
    680 Posts
    What would you want to rip from it though? All you could really get are just random household objects, there aren't really any visible "characters" in PT.
    I'd personally be interested in random household objects from P.T. vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    September 2013
    6,046 Posts
    I would like to see someone rip Norman Reedus's model, as well as Lisa's. We've already ripped from Ground Zeroes, and PT also ran on the FOX Engine, so this should be possible, right?
    If you can put game data on a flash drive or whatever, I have PT installed, maybe I could help contribute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    August 2014
    371 Posts
    yeah i was about to say, the Norman Reedus character model is in the P.T. Demo, you can see him in the mirror, even his face on 1 later when you're running if you position it right, only other models that are in that i remember is Lisa and the fetus/baby in the sink. i'm keeping that Demo on my PS4 forever lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    And like AeonCastle said, the household items do have a pretty good look to them.

Even the roach models seemed so well done.

* I guess the first step is someone needs to find out if we can get it to a flash drive. If not, then there's a roadblock right there. Though I'm sure eventually there'd be a way. I mean, the data is still there somewhere. O_o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2012
    91 Posts
    It's possible to get the install PKG for the demo, it's just figuring out how to read and extract the files from it that's the problem. PS4 PKG files are different from PS3s iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    Well, I believe in this forum. I'm going to try and see what a search on PS4 PKG files come up with.

P.T. had too much going for it to go out without a legacy. Sure that legacy isn't a full game, but imagine it living on in mods. Imagine playing MGSV with Norman Reedus as Big Boss.

12. Post #12
    September 2013
    6,046 Posts
    Someone needs to at least backup the files for the game. Not everyone is going to keep the game on their PS4 forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2012
    91 Posts
    Well here is a link to the PKG.
    Pretty useless until someone figures out how to extract it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    I wouldn't say useless. Pliskin's right. It needs to at least be backuped and saved somewhere.

I'm downloading the copy right now for safe keeping. At least now I can feel like I'll be able to contribute as well if I find any info.

15. Post #15
    Source Engine Optometrist!
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,266 Posts
    If its fox engine its pretty easy like Demonboy said you need to figure out firstly how to unpack the package file
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    Anyone know anything about ps4unpkg by a person called flatz? I been trying to download it from mediafire, but I suffer the infamous mediafire loop error. Spent the past hour trying to get access to it, felt like it's been 4 hours.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,086 Posts
    Anyone know anything about ps4unpkg by a person called flatz? I been trying to download it from mediafire, but I suffer the infamous mediafire loop error. Spent the past hour trying to get access to it, felt like it's been 4 hours.
    Never heard of it, but I can try re-uploading it to Mega for you if MediaFire is giving you shit about downloading it.

18. Post #18
    January 2012
    91 Posts
    I just tried it. It extracted some files but not the actual game data from what I can tell.

Code:
    .digests
    .entry_0X180
    .entry_0X200
    .entry_0X800
    .meta
    .names
    entry_008.bin
    icon0.png
    license.dat
    license.bin
    param.sfo
    pic0.png
    pic1.png
    playgo-chunk.dat
    playgo-chunk.sha
    playgo-manifest.xml
    pronunciation.sig
    pronunciation.xml
    The images are the largest files. The rest are only a few KB each.

reuploaded the tool here if anyone wants to mess with that

19. Post #19
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    What about that entry_008.bin?

Edit, just seen your reupload. I'll give it a shot.

Edit again, So do you drag the pkg file over to the exe or what? It seems to just have a blank command prompt pop up, then nothing.

Third edit (this heat is getting to me. Can't think or read straight), Didn't even see that you said the other files are only a few KB. I guess that makes entry_008.bin look a lot less promising.

20. Post #20
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    Strong yet reasoned bump: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15559 Looks like people finally had some success.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    September 2011
    680 Posts
    Once we have a solid method for porting (I'd assume it's mostly the same as GZ/TPP), it would be nice to get the character models and the hallway ported over to SFM.

22. Post #22
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    Once we have a solid method for porting (I'd assume it's mostly the same as GZ/TPP), it would be nice to get the character models and the hallway ported over to SFM.
    I'm looking at the models now, someone else is attempting to get the textures. So I think that time is soon. Some people already ported the Norman model to MGSV (albeit, very brokenly.)

23. Post #23
    March 2013
    188 Posts

(This render was made only with diffuse and normal maps but all other resources are available into my pack)
    Model + textures: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s0q0uaal39kts0f/plr.zip

Model + textures: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zaa1g4wt51853ou/och.zip

Model + textures: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m59926lpm2vlygl/hsh.zip

Model + textures: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7z8qla6910dddvh/dol.zip

Model + textures: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttijror6d9dhg1d/bab.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

24. Post #24
    September 2011
    680 Posts
    I never thought I'd see the day! Is someone planning to port the hallway itself over?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    August 2014
    104 Posts
    Those two middle enemies I don't recall... Interesting.

26. Post #26
    March 2013
    188 Posts
    I never thought I'd see the day! Is someone planning to port the hallway itself over?

Are you sure you want it because it's a mess...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2011
    680 Posts
    -picture-

Are you sure you want it because it's a mess...
    I wouldn't mind taking a swing at it, but I'm sure someone more qualified than me will do a better version.

28. Post #28
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    7,770 Posts
    Porting norman beebus and the babbu to source right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    March 2013
    188 Posts
    Let me know your final work, I am curious to see this.

30. Post #30
    September 2011
    680 Posts
    Are we talking right now or RIGHT NOW
    EDIT: On another note, can we expect a sound dump?

31. Post #31
    June 2012
    7,770 Posts
    Are we talking right now or RIGHT NOW
    EDIT: On another note, can we expect a sound dump?
    right now, norman is up first

Let me know your final work, I am curious to see this.
    no problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    September 2011
    680 Posts
    right now, norman is up first

no problem
    Really interested to see this, keep us posted! Considering Lisa after Norman and his babby?

33. Post #33
    June 2012
    7,770 Posts
    big big big WIP
    He's got some stuff to be fixed

edit:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

34. Post #34
    September 2011
    680 Posts
    he's gorgeous
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    October 2011
    985 Posts

been working alongside them with Norman Reedus. this is his most up to date version right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    9,760 Posts

been working alongside them with Norman Reedus. this is his most up to date version right now.
    Oh man that looks damn nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #37
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    What the heck? Someone actually took the time and rip the assets from the demo?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    November 2014
    761 Posts
    Kind of related to this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    9,760 Posts
    What the heck? Someone actually took the time and rip the assets from the demo?
    Don't see why it's so surprising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2009
    21 Posts
    Does that mean there are still hidden secrets in the demo to be found or those are unused models? Then why do they exist ?

Btw, will anyone release them for GMod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Tunisia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)