1. Post #1
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,669 Posts

NutScript is a free role-play gamemode framework. It basically allows you to create other role-play gamemodes quickly and easily. You do not have to re-create the general role-play gamemode functions like a character system, an inventory system, etc... Instead it is all done for you. NutScript 1.1 is a COMPLETE RE-WRITE from the ground up of NutScript 1.0. This re-write was intended to fix the deep issues found and fix them. This update provides generally higher stability, performance, and more features than its predecessor.

NutScript 1.1 comes with a whole new set of features. This includes:
    Better performance
    Improved UI look
    Improved stability
    Tetris style inventory (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSsfbu7Joy0)
    In-game server configuration
    Better animation system
    Better organization of files
    Users can now choose their languages
    And more!

For developers, you can see a change list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4hbyyyZH4/edit

Developers need documentation! Documentation is currently not complete, but expect it to be in the future!

For information about the framework, try visiting the:
    Wiki
    Video Tutorial Series
    Change List

NutScript 1.1 has been released with the MIT license to promote more freedom for use!

Check out the official website which includes the forums at: http://nutscript.rocks
    Or chat with other developers at: https://gitter.im/Chessnut/NutScript
    Found a bug? Post it here: https://github.com/Chessnut/NutScript/issues

Download: GitHub
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Winner x 16Lua King x 15Funny x 2Useful x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1Lua Helper x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2014
    28 Posts
    Thank you for all your handwork chestnut. Can't wait to start work on my schema.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Smt
    March 2011
    693 Posts
    i'm so happy

probably gonna put up a server tomorrow and play with this, 1.1 looks so nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,386 Posts
    Camera work was pretty off-putting.

I'll be honest, I've never tried this before. I'll take a look and see if I can turn it into something it wasn't designed for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Lua King Lua King x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    change my title again and i'll pwn u conna
    October 2012
    361 Posts
    I plan to update all of my schemas to 1.1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #6

January 2015
    5 Posts
    Nutscript is the best
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iraq Show Events

7. Post #7
    June 2011
    247 Posts
    hl2rp updated for 1.1?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ukraine Show Events

8. Post #8
    March 2011
    96 Posts
    I must say NS 1.0 was awful to work with, but 1.1 has improved greatly, good work.
    Though you should make a documentation of all stock plugins and their functionality. I spent 45 minutes trying to find the chatbox inside nutscript core. D:

hl2rp updated for 1.1?
    Yeah, but the 1.1 version is on another branch on the git.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9

May 2010
    1,503 Posts
    great work mate, glad you finally got this out the door

Something that could be worked on is improving the english which is often not great in many areas
    not exactly critical but it would be nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,386 Posts
    Looks very cool Chessnut, great work. I liked the video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events

11. Post #11
    October 2012
    148 Posts
    Great work.
    Will make server with this someday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

12. Post #12

August 2013
    20 Posts
    Is there a vortigaunt faction?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,669 Posts
    NutScript is the framework, not HL2 RP itself. And yes there is a vortigaunt faction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

May 2010
    1,503 Posts
    Is there a vortigaunt faction?
    this is the framework, not hl2rp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

15. Post #15

August 2013
    20 Posts
    NutScript is the framework, not HL2 RP itself. And yes there is a vortigaunt faction.
    Oh someone sent me here, I thought it was the hl2rp one. Sorry about that, but if there is one, what's the name? I tried to add it but it wasn't there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2010
    5,071 Posts
    Oh someone sent me here, I thought it was the hl2rp one. Sorry about that, but if there is one, what's the name? I tried to add it but it wasn't there.
    I sent you here because the NutScript 1.0 thread has been abandoned in favour of this thread, but even then what you posted was completely irrelevant to the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #17
    June 2012
    475 Posts
    -snip-

18. Post #18

September 2012
    2 Posts
    Chessnut, what URLs are accepted for the menu music config option? I've tried dropbox and youtube, and neither work.

19. Post #19
    August 2011
    3,669 Posts
    Whatever the BASS module lets you use.

20. Post #20
    July 2011
    851 Posts
    This is great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,157 Posts
    Good work Chessnut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    January 2014
    1,032 Posts
    I know nothing of RP but I loved that video

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,157 Posts
    Anyways here's some exciting speculation I need help with.

I and a couple of people enjoy the MetroRP that we built and also prepared a second server to use as a surface server. Using MySQL and the same database so characters and items save.

However if you take your character on the first server and go on the second one everything will be there and be fine. But once you are on the other server picking up items etc to tal
    ke them back won't make them save when you return.

This seems quite cryptic to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

April 2011
    125 Posts
    will the sample schema on your github work with this version of nutscript, or is there a new version of it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    change my title again and i'll pwn u conna
    October 2012
    361 Posts
    Anyways here's some exciting speculation I need help with.

I and a couple of people enjoy the MetroRP that we built and also prepared a second server to use as a surface server. Using MySQL and the same database so characters and items save.

However if you take your character on the first server and go on the second one everything will be there and be fine. But once you are on the other server picking up items etc to tal
    ke them back won't make them save when you return.

This seems quite cryptic to me
    Hmm, I might see where there is an issue there. The first server might have not updated with the second servers update. If you restart the server, check if the inventory was updated, but don't connect back to the first server before you restart it.

See if that works. If it works, there is the problem. I have no idea how to fix that, though.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,157 Posts
    Hmm, I might see where there is an issue there. The first server might have not updated with the second servers update. If you restart the server, check if the inventory was updated, but don't connect back to the first server before you restart it.

See if that works. If it works, there is the problem. I have no idea how to fix that, though.
    I'll make sure to try to have everything in sync, I believe Chessnut also pushed an update to fix this particular problem, will come back with results.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

27. Post #27
    August 2011
    3,669 Posts
    will the sample schema on your github work with this version of nutscript, or is there a new version of it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    October 2014
    149 Posts
    Nutscript 1.1 looks pretty amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

May 2010
    1,503 Posts
    does anyone feel like fixing the groups plugin in modernrp?

Also for evaluation, hunger plugin with config changable hunger time/heal HP instead of hunger options, give a shout if you see any bugs. There shouldn't be any as it's a very minor change to rebel's code.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334984/cookfood.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    August 2011
    3,669 Posts
    Made a guide on migrating from Clockwork to NutScript 1.1
    Please note this is a draft, so if you have any suggestions just post here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...COwvDT227br9mo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

April 2009
    193 Posts
    Crafting seems broken; seeing as you manage ModernRPs Github, would you be able to fix it?
    https://github.com/rebel1324/modernr...ugins/crafting
    Thank you for Nutscript! it's amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

32. Post #32
    0x
    October 2014
    29 Posts
    rebel1324 != chessnut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Best five bucks I ever spent.
    January 2012
    75 Posts
    I need some help with this, the door in rp_city17_build192 which leads into the combine citadel won't open even if I'm a CP or Overwatch member. It worked with the older version but for 1.1 version, it does jack.

34. Post #34
    March 2015
    6 Posts
    [Using Nutscript HL2RP] How do you put down the white textscreens? Also, how do you add the Combine Barriers (the energy fields that Combine can go through but Citizens can't)? Finally, why won't /dispatch or /broadcast work? Thanks!

35. Post #35
    December 2013
    1,280 Posts
    [Using Nutscript HL2RP] How do you put down the white textscreens? Also, how do you add the Combine Barriers (the energy fields that Combine can go through but Citizens can't)? Finally, why won't /dispatch or /broadcast work? Thanks!
    1.) type: /textadd "enclose your text in quotation marks" [number size]
    2.) if you are indeed using NS 1.1, Chessnut has a plugin for it and you should probably check your entities menu. Else if you aren't running 1.1 and you're in dire need of them, I have a non-persistent (they won't save across server restart) version of forcefields on the workshop.
    3.) You must be either a scanner unit(?) or one of the combine ranks specified in the configuration file.

36. Post #36
    January 2012
    1,310 Posts
    Why do the animations play so ridiculously fast for the walking speed? It looks comical it's so fast. How do I fix it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    I'm living in the Best Korea. 사랑해요 김치맨!
    December 2008
    2,317 Posts
    Did I gave permission to update modernRP schema to you, Chessnut?
    If I didn't, It seems it's pretty big problem for me. The army network blacklisted any github related sites.

Anyway, I love to see new updated and sleek OP page for NutScript 1.1 :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Korea, Republic of Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    May 2008
    1,194 Posts
    I'm trying really hard to make an item unable to be dropped for a certain faction, but I'm having way more trouble than I should.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    533 Posts
    still no singleplayer development? :(

You're dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    September 2013
    640 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events