1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,075 Posts
    its in the latest version. I tried adding a filter/servo, but it only gives me the option of whitelisting/blacklisting certain items
    You'll need I think at least a hardened servo. The higher tier seevos give more options.

EDIT: Ok you need at least reinforced servos. Also the ftb wiki is a godsend and has a lot of useful info ftbwiki.org
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,995 Posts
    i got my autocrafting octopple cobble stone going
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,265 Posts
    Whitelist Kelazun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    I've upgraded the server, now we have 4GB of memory at our disposal. that's 1.5GB more than we used to run on! hopefully most hitches, like when exploring, is gone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    June 2013
    3,670 Posts
    Your running modded MC with 4 GB, Thats kind of sad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,809 Posts
    Your running modded MC with 4 GB, Thats kind of sad
    Yeah, I mean, even for a single client, I wouldn't recommend running with 4GB. For a server, 4GB is actually really, really, bad. Hell, even I run with 7GB dedicated. I would play more frequently, but those issues and the delay due to me being in Texas means I can't really do well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #127
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    Yeah, I mean, even for a single client, I wouldn't recommend running with 4GB. For a server, 4GB is actually really, really, bad. Hell, even I run with 7GB dedicated. I would play more frequently, but those issues and the delay due to me being in Texas means I can't really do well.
    to be honest, it sounds a little exaggerated that it's not enough. the server is pretty stable at around 3GB~ usage, it doesn't use more than that even when it has more than that allocated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    27,715 Posts
    server will be fine with 4gb as long as mystcraft is kept tame

Edited:

i can't connect, it times me out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    server will be fine with 4gb as long as mystcraft is kept tame

Edited:

i can't connect, it times me out
    that's odd, it works for us. could it be on your end? the console says you've disconnected if its of any help

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    27,715 Posts
    deleted everything, gonna try a fresh install
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    March 2005
    22,888 Posts
    Started work on a new village. This area will house all the portals and transportation (currently has nether and twilight forest portals, and a soon-to-be subway station)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    June 2013
    3,670 Posts
    Fuck it time to start playing more, You guys are making me jealous that I haven't done much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    got myself a charcoal farm set up the other day

power for eternity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,532 Posts
    Has the whitelist been reset? Seem to be unable to join.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    Has the whitelist been reset? Seem to be unable to join.
    yup! I've readded you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,558 Posts

Finally got my first blaze spawner setup in my base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Waterfox United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    December 2013
    92 Posts
    Can I get a whitelist? My IGN: Foolien
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,686 Posts
    I'd like a whitelist.

IGN: Dargg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    27,715 Posts

Me and 2FAST4U's base is going well! we found a really nice location for it. for now we're calling it Plateau

if anyone wants to come build with us or nearby (there's an autumn forest, swamp and rainforest on each side of the island well within viewing distance) it's a straight path from the spawn nether portal building
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,075 Posts
    There's some pretty cool areas in this world gen

21. Post #141

August 2012
    90 Posts
    it been i while since i didn't play on a big modded server

IGN: gyker

and i would like to know if it possible to vouch for someone
    he doesn't have a FP account and i play a lot with him and i trust him
    i'll take full responsability if anything happens

his IGN is X6Darkstar6X
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    June 2013
    3,670 Posts

Me and 2FAST4U's base is going well! we found a really nice location for it. for now we're calling it Plateau

if anyone wants to come build with us or nearby (there's an autumn forest, swamp and rainforest on each side of the island well within viewing distance) it's a straight path from the spawn nether portal building
    You see that village in the first picture...? Thats where I am living.... What I find so odd is you went the exact same cords as me and literally started living right next to me ;( , I came on the server to show off that exact mountain since I was planning shit myself D:

I might have to move now ;(

Edit:

23. Post #143
    March 2005
    22,888 Posts
    The twilight forest is a horrible laggy place. Never ever die there, or you'll find the server shitting itself :/
    Now I need to walk 2km to get to the nearest exit (because for some reason the game refused to spawn me at my bed), build another jetpack, and somehow retrieve my stuff.

Edited:

set my render distance to the absolute minimum in the hope that it'll help things lag less

Edited:

Seems the twilight forest and overworld have separate spawn points. The 0,0 spawn point of the TWF being the home of a naga, whom I nearly succeeded in punching to death.

24. Post #144
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    27,715 Posts
    You see that village in the first picture...? Thats where I am living.... What I find so odd is you went the exact same cords as me and literally started living right next to me ;( , I came on the server to show off that exact mountain since I was planning shit myself D:

I might have to move now ;(

Edit:

come build with us :)

25. Post #145
    December 2013
    92 Posts
    [QUOTE=gyker;48249549]it been i while since i didn't play on a big modded server

Hey Gyke, wanna build a base together?

You might remember me from the ultra modded server as CaveDweller... I changed my name around a bit.

26. Post #146
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    got my endermen spawner up and running with the help of Mastfire!

though it depleted my energy cell and my steam dynamos are no longer up to the job of providing everything with power, even with double the amount of dynamos I used to have. oops

27. Post #147
    December 2013
    92 Posts
    Can I vouch for my friend who wants to play on this server with me? His IGN: PaulNuman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    March 2005
    22,888 Posts
    got my endermen spawner up and running with the help of Mastfire!

though it depleted my energy cell and my steam dynamos are no longer up to the job of providing everything with power, even with double the amount of dynamos I used to have. oops
    You can add upgrades to the steam dynamo that either improve power output at the cost of efficiency, or simply improve fuel efficiency. In any case, you'll want to be moving away from steam dynamos at some point. The big reactors mod is fairly simple, the basic 3x3x3 design will get you about 250rf/t straight away.

29. Post #149
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    You can add upgrades to the steam dynamo that either improve power output at the cost of efficiency, or simply improve fuel efficiency. In any case, you'll want to be moving away from steam dynamos at some point. The big reactors mod is fairly simple, the basic 3x3x3 design will get you about 250rf/t straight away.

I set one up yesterday and it boosted my energy by a ton. only thing I don't like is how I have to provide it fuel while my steam dynamos run on the charcoal generated by my tree farm. I suppose I should go hunting for yellorium or whatever its called and fill a barrel with it

30. Post #150
    March 2005
    22,888 Posts
    I set one up yesterday and it boosted my energy by a ton. only thing I don't like is how I have to provide it fuel while my steam dynamos run on the charcoal generated by my tree farm. I suppose I should go hunting for yellorium or whatever its called and fill a barrel with it
    I'm planning on starting beekeeping and breeding in order to get one that produces yellorium combs, but that's a long way off while I learn the mechanics. Worth noting that regular uranium ore gets turned into yellorium by the pulverizer, so keep an eye out for that stuff as well. You can also reprocess cyanite into blutonium in the cyanite reprocessor, 2 cyanite for one blutonium; helps stretch the fuel supply out.

31. Post #151
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    the modpack has updated, though they haven't released the server modpack for the latest version yet. stay on 1.7.0 for now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,558 Posts
    I think they just released the server version, at least, there's a 1.8.2 server version on their site now.

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,075 Posts
    regular uranium ore gets turned into yellorium by the pulverizer
    If you somehow end up with Uranium ingots anyways you can use Jabba barrels to convert them all to the same ingot type, just put whatever type of ingot you want in first and the barrel will auto convert them. This works for any type of ingot in case you end up with two or three versions of the same ingots.

Also an unrelated tip, anyone that wants to get into AE2 I would highly suggest setting up a wool farm, you'll need a shitload of it for smart/dense cables.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    343 Posts
    If you somehow end up with Uranium ingots anyways you can use Jabba barrels to convert them all to the same ingot type, just put whatever type of ingot you want in first and the barrel will auto convert them. This works for any type of ingot in case you end up with two or three versions of the same ingots.

Also an unrelated tip, anyone that wants to get into AE2 I would highly suggest setting up a wool farm, you'll need a shitload of it for smart/dense cables.
    you can also use the MFR unifier

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,995 Posts
    when the server is up?

36. Post #156
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,745 Posts
    I'm not sure yet unfortunately, it wouldn't let me start it again after updating it, and it still won't after downgrading back to previous version. I'm working on it, hopefully it won't take too long
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    March 2005
    22,888 Posts
    Gives me a good excuse to muck about in sp optimising reactor designs. Dunno how to go about making turbines, but hopefully an optimised reactor will carry over it's benefits to when I get around to figuring out turbines.

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,075 Posts
    Turbines are fairly easy, they just take a shitload of resources,. You'll need several blocks of enderium for the best setup.

39. Post #159
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,558 Posts
    Anyone have the changelog for the new update?

40. Post #160
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)