1. Post #601
    September 2012
    4,104 Posts
    Afro if you see this, bury my house in dirt (like build a cap over my tiny farm with dirt) and just build on top. Apparently france didn't appreciate my baguette comments and as such I basically can't connect.
    Do you mind if I make use of your space.

2. Post #602
    July 2012
    2,381 Posts
    Do you mind if I make use of your space.
    Go ahead.

3. Post #603
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,532 Posts
    I'll probably play in the near future, I've been getting that itch recently.

IGN:Gazzy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    15,412 Posts
    I'm down, IGN is Mloenkaugm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,430 Posts
    I connected and the server appeared to die.

I did nothing wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

6. Post #606
    August 2008
    620 Posts
    That's twice you killed the server what have you done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,430 Posts
    So, turns out if Afro hasn't chunkloaded the chunks I'm in before I connect, I crash the server.

You gotta love modded minecraft

EDIT: I do need to figure out a solution for this other than "move away from Afro" because that would suck.

8. Post #608
    March 2005
    22,891 Posts
    Will probably start work on the wall tomorrow (adding a floor to it, crenellations etc.); put treated wood, stone and such in chests next to the smelter by the wall.

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,430 Posts
    ...Yep, still crashes if Afro's not on first even after Afro did something with the chunks.. Hrrrrrrrrmph.

10. Post #610
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,753 Posts
    ...Yep, still crashes if Afro's not on first even after Afro did something with the chunks.. Hrrrrrrrrmph.
    Would it be a solution to move your coords while you're offline or do you live with Afro making that a temporary fix?

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,347 Posts
    Would it be a solution to move your coords while you're offline or do you live with Afro making that a temporary fix?
    He lives at my base, don't get why it happens though, I thought maybe the claimed chunkloaded chunks were doing it, but removing those seemingly didn't fix it.

I've seen some odd errors over the years, but this is a new one.

12. Post #612
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,753 Posts
    Server is going down for a little bit while I remove the offending entity crashing the server.

Edited:

Aaand we're back. Server is no longer crashing when Afro's chunks load.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,059 Posts
    I was riding around on my horse last night, I hit a lag spike and suddenly my horse vanished out of under me on flat ground. Is it possible to at least get my saddle back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #614
    March 2005
    22,891 Posts
    Working on the city walls:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

15. Post #615
    November 2013
    63 Posts
    Currently getting stuck at this point. Any suggestions?

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,430 Posts
    You have to use the Curse Client now, I believe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,347 Posts
    You have to use the Curse Client now, I believe.
    I've been doing fine without it so far, but he seems to be using a rather old version.

(pictured: mine)

You download a non-curse version by clicking this slightly hidden option on their website:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #618
    November 2013
    63 Posts
    I've been doing fine without it so far, but he seems to be using a rather old version.

(pictured: mine)

You download a non-curse version by clicking this slightly hidden option on their website:
    You're the best! I look forwards to building with y'all again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #619
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,753 Posts
    I was riding around on my horse last night, I hit a lag spike and suddenly my horse vanished out of under me on flat ground. Is it possible to at least get my saddle back?
    Where do you live? I can put a saddle in one of your chests.

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,430 Posts
    Great news, server still crashes when I join.

What even, at this point?

21. Post #621
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,753 Posts
    Server going down for scheduled maintenance

same problem as last time, there's an issue with the HV connectors in Immersive Engineering. If possible, try not to use them

Edited:

Who are using HV connectors anyway? I'd assume others use them as well other than Afromana and Jetamo. Might be some weird wiring between the machines that causes them to bug out.

Edited:

It's coming back up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #622
    March 2005
    22,891 Posts
    I was considering using IE cable stuff to have a unified cable structure to power all the machines I use, rather than separate energy infrastructures for IC, Mekanism, EnderIO, IE etc; but if it's causing these weird issues I might hold off on it for a while.

23. Post #623
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,753 Posts
    I think it's safe to use the IE cables. There's this specific HV connector in the exact same spot that have caused the prior crashes, the other connectors seem fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #624
    March 2008
    429 Posts
    My WIP Keep.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,430 Posts
    okay so it's not just HV connectors in that one spot, it's HV connectors in general.

Time to replace it all with Ender IO stuff I guess.

26. Post #626
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,753 Posts
    Yup, we ded again. The problem has been narrowed down. Even though the connector wasn't in the same spot as last time, it's still the "same" connector in the sense that it's powering the exact same things as the previous one. I believe the culprit is one of the multiblock structures in IE, and in this case, the biodiesel refinery in Afromana and Jetamo's base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

27. Post #627
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,532 Posts
    Oh modded minecraft how finicky you are.

28. Post #628
    March 2008
    429 Posts

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,347 Posts
    The invite expired, remember to tick this option when making invites:

30. Post #630
    March 2008
    429 Posts
    Made a little rail station right next to spawn. (goes to town right now).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #631
    October 2011
    435 Posts
    another fp server sounds nice, havent been in touch with ftb for a while, but that shouldnt be an issue
    IGN is madihuana
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #632
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,753 Posts
    We're now 1.5.1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #633
    March 2005
    22,891 Posts
    Started work on a moat for the outside of the walls (now that, cept for guard towers at the ends, they are finished). Filling it with water/lava/blood/etc. is going to be a pain in the arse tho.

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,430 Posts
    Started work on a moat for the outside of the walls (now that, cept for guard towers at the ends, they are finished). Filling it with water/lava/blood/etc. is going to be a pain in the arse tho.

There's an item in Mekanism that can help you. Put in "flui" and you should find it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #635
    March 2005
    22,891 Posts
    Finished the moat, and the end towers.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    3,859 Posts
    Haven't played in years. How often do you guys play?

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,995 Posts
    i miss this server

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,430 Posts
    i miss this server
    Then come play, it's somewhat active.

39. Post #639
    March 2005
    22,891 Posts
    Haven't played in years. How often do you guys play?
    There's usually at least 3-4 of us on in European timezones, some more at others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    March 2008
    429 Posts
    Some space ship stuff.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)