1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,819 Posts
    Could I get a whitelist?
    Alfredthepigeon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    hello? are we alive? if not, I'll kill off both servers by the next invoice. world downloads will be available in the op if that's the case as always

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,347 Posts
    I haven't really had time to play on the server yet, but I do want to at some point, perhaps like me, people would have more time once summer hits and could perhaps do a bit of a relaunch?

4. Post #484
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    the normal server has been killed off but the expert server remains. however, the world has been reset. the links for the old worlds are not in the OP just yet but by the time you read this then they're probably there.

me and Anonymous90210 have settled around the lake at X -480 Y -397. come build with us there!

5. Post #485
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,532 Posts
    I enjoyed expert, but my only real gripe with it is that progression is confusing as fuck if you aren't in with all the mods it uses.

6. Post #486
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    I enjoyed expert, but my only real gripe with it is that progression is confusing as fuck if you aren't in with all the mods it uses.
    it's definitely confusing for starters and I still find myself a little lost from time to time, but if you have a goal (for example get a jetpack) then you can dig through recipes to figure out how to get there.

I could link a rough progression guide in the OP so people have something to check their progress against

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    211 Posts
    There is also an in game guide for the progression where it divides it into either magic or tech, it's barebones but it helps give new players somewhere to start at least.
    My biggest problem is not the progression tree but the increased amount of resources you need for everything it gets very tedious later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    July 2012
    2,398 Posts
    Going to start playing again (I think). Also, just a friendly reminder, sentry guns (portal) are liable to randomly despawn despite not being supposed to. I've had it happen a few times.

----

How to go full on hardcore in expert:

Play with lag and regular time outs so regular that you have no reasonable hope of killing mobs. 'Gotta have the machines do all the killing for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #489
    March 2005
    22,901 Posts
    Been working on a few things on-and-off.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #490
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,945 Posts
    So here's a weird issue, for some reason I can't sleep in a bed above block height Y127, and I'm building my stuff at Y148.
    When I enter the bed, my body instantly moves to Y-115 or more depending on how close I am to Y127 for a split second and I take two hearts of damage and get kicked out of it.

I tried placing the bed on hovering blocks but that didn't change anything. Afromana tried the bed and he had no issues.

11. Post #491
    July 2012
    2,398 Posts
    Having to ration my cellular data until fiber internet gets installed, hence my absence.

Are there any finished goods that people need in bulk? I'm obsessed with building factories to make shit for people and currently I don't have anything to make. While writing this I thought of making chips and what not since said processors/chips seem to be needed for a lot of crap.

Also, I've been told people will need mass uranium but as of right now I can't produce uranium related goods so... ya.

edit:

Jejunum what the fuck? You literally took over my entire factory and melted like 80 billion ingots in my foundry. That's going to take forever to clean out . You're squatting on all on and taking over all my crap (and gutted some of my stuff ).

Like seriously man, what the hell?

Edit: I didn't claim the factory pre-leave because A.) I had only just built it last time I was on. B.) Wasn't sure if that train tunnel went under it and didn't want to get yelled at (got yelled at last last map about claiming too much) C.) Didn't assume anyone would just casually assume it was a free fricken factory for the taking when it was 10 feet from my claim.

edit:

I literally don't even know what to do now on the server. No offense jejunum but I don't suspect you want to tear down all of your non-machine stuff and the area's ores are kinda bleh now. I also wasted like, 50% of my cellular data last week building a bunch of shit (including the factory) since using my internet is borderline impossible and my progress was just plain awful without it (the data). I left for a week because I didn't want to eat the rest of it up.

12. Post #492
    March 2008
    430 Posts
    Oh, Sorry. I'm used to unclaimed stuff being intended for public use and the whole city mentality we had last map. All I did was upgrade your blast furnace and smelt some things. I'll clean it all out if you want and put it back the way it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    July 2012
    2,398 Posts
    Oh, Sorry. I'm used to unclaimed stuff being intended for public use and the whole city mentality we had last map. All I did was upgrade your blast furnace and smelt some things. I'll clean it all out if you want and put it back the way it was.
    I've clamed down now. Feel free to use it, Just ask next time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #494
    March 2005
    22,901 Posts
    So I slept on a high point of my mountain, got teleported to y -127 and died :/
    How the fuck do I find my gravestone?

Edited:

Note to self: graves fail to spawn after void deaths, never sleep at or above y127

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,130 Posts
    So I slept on a high point of my mountain, got teleported to y -127 and died :/
    How the fuck do I find my gravestone?

Edited:

Note to self: graves fail to spawn after void deaths, never sleep at or above y127
    They should spawn directly above where you died, though I'm not sure if it is at bedrock or just the first open space directly above.

16. Post #496
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    They should spawn directly above where you died, though I'm not sure if it is at bedrock or just the first open space directly above.
    it didn't do this in this case for some reason. I checked the logs and it explicitly said it didn't generate a gravestone as there was no suitable place to make it.

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,130 Posts
    I guess -127y is far below what they ever expected anyone to die at.

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,060 Posts
    Can I get a whitelist? I just built a small base on SP infinity, and I want to play online with people.

IGN:MrTerry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #499
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    the wirepocalypse is upon us, RIP power infrastructure

(all IE cables have disappeared from existence after restoring a backup)

20. Post #500
    March 2005
    22,901 Posts
    Is there a way to combine TC energy storage, IE power generation and IC2 machines without using IE cables?

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,130 Posts
    Does IC2 still use EU instead of RF, or is it edited in the modpack? If not you'll need something to convert that energy somewhere along the line.

22. Post #502
    December 2014
    1,684 Posts
    Wow I did not know we had a FTB server. I would like to be whitelisted please, IGN is "daigennki".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Waterfox Japan Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #503
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    server problems ahoy

Code:
    [13:30:14] [main/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getLogger(Bukkit.java:311) ~[Bukkit.class:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:185) ~[YamlConfiguration.class:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at net.minecraftforge.cauldron.configuration.ConfigBase.<init>(ConfigBase.java:45) ~[ConfigBase.class:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at net.minecraftforge.cauldron.configuration.SushchestvoConfig.<init>(SushchestvoConfig.java:27) ~[SushchestvoConfig.class:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.<init>(MinecraftServer.java:255) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
            at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.<init>(DedicatedServer.java:68) ~[lt.class:?]
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1727) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
            at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
            at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
            at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43) [Thermos-1.7.10-1614-server.jar:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) [Thermos-1.7.10-1614-server.jar:1.7.10-1614.57]
    feel free to help me troubleshoot this

24. Post #504
    December 2014
    1,684 Posts
    server problems ahoy

Code:
    [13:30:14] [main/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getLogger(Bukkit.java:311) ~[Bukkit.class:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:185) ~[YamlConfiguration.class:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at net.minecraftforge.cauldron.configuration.ConfigBase.<init>(ConfigBase.java:45) ~[ConfigBase.class:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at net.minecraftforge.cauldron.configuration.SushchestvoConfig.<init>(SushchestvoConfig.java:27) ~[SushchestvoConfig.class:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.<init>(MinecraftServer.java:255) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
            at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.<init>(DedicatedServer.java:68) ~[lt.class:?]
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:1727) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
            at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
            at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
            at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43) [Thermos-1.7.10-1614-server.jar:1.7.10-1614.57]
            at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) [Thermos-1.7.10-1614-server.jar:1.7.10-1614.57]
    feel free to help me troubleshoot this
    Most likely a configuration error. I suggest looking through config files you have changed recently for typos and such.

25. Post #505
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    Most likely a configuration error. I suggest looking through config files you have changed recently for typos and such.
    that's the weird part, I haven't touched anything on the server since I relaunched with the new world it just suddenly started happening yesterday. had to reboot the box and then it worked, but now it has creeped back up. it's far from ideal to reboot the box to fix as the server resides on a RAMdisk and we all saw what happened when that happened last night, it caused the wirepocalypse

starting the server using the regular FTB server jar works fine. starting it using Thermos does not.

26. Post #506
    December 2014
    1,684 Posts
    that's the weird part, I haven't touched anything on the server since I relaunched with the new world it just suddenly started happening yesterday. had to reboot the box and then it worked, but now it has creeped back up. it's far from ideal to reboot the box to fix as the server resides on a RAMdisk and we all saw what happened when that happened last night, it caused the wirepocalypse

starting the server using the regular FTB server jar works fine. starting it using Thermos does not.
    Try deleting usercache.json.

27. Post #507
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    Try deleting usercache.json.
    tried with no results :(

28. Post #508
    December 2014
    1,684 Posts
    tried with no results :(
    Odd... Is there some way you can rollback the entire server to 2 days ago? At least the world?

29. Post #509
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    Odd... Is there some way you can rollback the entire server to 2 days ago? At least the world?
    I've tried starting the server by generating a new world, no go. I don't think there's anything with the world that is broken as the server will start if I use the forge server jar but that leaves us without any spigot / bukkit functionality which is kinda important

30. Post #510
    December 2014
    1,684 Posts
    Perhaps try updating Java on the server if you have not already?

31. Post #511
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    I'm no closer to resolving this so I'll launch the server without thermos. there'll be no bukkit functionality, aka no colored names or lockette. if I were you, I'd remove all of your friends in game so no one steals from your shit until we got thermos back up.

I'll launch the server in an hour just to ensure people get the heads up.

32. Post #512
    :)
    December 2011
    764 Posts
    Hey, I'd love a whitelist for when the server is up again. I used to play on the old Tekkit FP servers and it was a lot of fun :D
    IGN is Nythria

Edited:

I'm no closer to resolving this so I'll launch the server without thermos. there'll be no bukkit functionality, aka no colored names or lockette. if I were you, I'd remove all of your friends in game so no one steals from your shit until we got thermos back up.

I'll launch the server in an hour just to ensure people get the heads up.
    It's actually Zirr. Just remembered I changed a few weeks ago. Sorry!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #513
    September 2009
    174 Posts
    Been a while since I played some minecraft, modded stuff was fun though.

Whitelist plz, IGN is Lett1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    March 2008
    430 Posts
    Built some roads.

Welcome Center / Inn for new people needing a place (bed)/ Smeltry.

Bonus:

35. Post #515
    October 2013
    71 Posts
    Can i be whitelisted?
    IGN: HunterFP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    March 2005
    22,901 Posts
    I did it again like a fucking idiot, used a sleeping bag above y127 when working on the tower and forgot to take height into account. Could I have my stuff back please? :c

37. Post #517
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,761 Posts
    I did it again like a fucking idiot, used a sleeping bag above y127 when working on the tower and forgot to take height into account. Could I have my stuff back please? :c
    you need to be on for me to be able to restore it, just hop back on and I'll restore it as soon as I see you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    March 2005
    22,901 Posts
    Aight, will be on there in a moment.

Edited:

Ta very much <3

39. Post #519
    July 2011
    260 Posts
    I would like to give this server a try. Can I be whitelisted please?
    IGN: Stratnon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #520
    March 2005
    22,901 Posts
    I went and did it again Pred, I am a retard who needs his things back again :/