1. Post #761
    May 2015
    1,429 Posts
    I'm pretty certain he played HR so I'm not sure why he's acting surprised at everything especially things from the previous game like double takedowns.
    So he can overreact and more people watch his show so he can cash that sweet, sweet Youtube Ad money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #762
    December 2012
    2,531 Posts
    Definitely seems like a great way to introduce the player to augmentations again. I like this tutorial.

3. Post #763
    :D
    October 2011
    8,883 Posts
    He just walks into a crowd of them with 0 finesse every time so I don't think it's anything to do with the difficulty level. Running into enemies and constantly going loud whilst being bad at the game isn't a good way to show the game off at all.

I'm pretty certain he played HR so I'm not sure why he's acting surprised at everything especially things from the previous game like double takedowns.
    He's pretty shite at it but at least I got to see unscripted gameplay and that's what I was looking for, so hey it's somethng

4. Post #764

February 2016
    1,076 Posts
    Really hate the awkward exposition at the start, but apart from that it looks fantastic.

Sarif's looking nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #765
    October 2011
    8,883 Posts
    Are both of his arms are augmented now? Or is he wearing a fancy glove of some sorts?

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,972 Posts
    Looks like both hands judging by the joints on the right hand's fingers.

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,547 Posts
    Considering that David Sarif should be in his late 50s by now he looks even younger now.

If you ask me that augmented shit is probably giving him immortality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #768
    October 2011
    8,883 Posts
    I wonder why would he have his second hand augmented? Did something else happen inbetween the games that made him do it?

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    10,828 Posts
    I wonder why would he have his second hand augmented? Did something else happen inbetween the games that made him do it?
    Perhaps he lost it when he was escaping Panchaea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #770
    October 2011
    8,883 Posts
    Perhaps he lost it when he was escaping Panchaea
    That's what I was thinking. It's very interesting to see the interaction beetween these two because of Panchea, and I wonder who else survived it all. I also really, really hope there will be interaction with Eliza again, because, again, of the events happened in Human Revolution.

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,687 Posts
    screw all that wheres megan
       i loved that conniving bitch   

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,106 Posts
    screw all that wheres megan
       i loved that conniving bitch   
       Isn't she working for Page now?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,687 Posts
    just the way i like it

14. Post #774
    December 2008
    6,631 Posts
    i hope bob page gets more screen time in the new game

15. Post #775
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    6,351 Posts
    i hope bob page gets more screen time in the new game
    he most definetly will
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #776
    December 2012
    2,531 Posts
    he most definetly will
       you see a lot of him in one of the trailers, i think. not obscured at all, face plainly visible.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,266 Posts
    Really annoying that they have put some stuff 1:1 into Mankind Divided from Human Revolution. Most notably the takedowns. They are still in third person and still pause the time and gameplay around you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,687 Posts
    youre the only person that gets annoyed by third person takedowns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,266 Posts
    youre the only person that gets annoyed by third person takedowns
    Excuse me, for expressing my opinion. I'm also sure that I'm not only person in this world that thinks this way about the takedowns. It's not just the third person itself, it's that it simply pauses everything around you until the animation stops. I don't know, it just feels weird. It's just not modern.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,299 Posts
    I would still prefer just having a first person melee weapon rather than that takedown stuff.
    Just let me bring out those cyberspurs and slice and dice everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,231 Posts
    I miss using the electric prod and the crowbar from DX1, as well as the rest of melee weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

22. Post #782
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
    Same here. Damnit, I want my Dragon's Tooth nanosword back. That baby was so cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #783
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    13,265 Posts
    The gameplay is designed to function properly with the takedowns. As they've explained multiple times if they just swapped it out with the usual melee combat they'd have to re-design entire levels, systems, enemies and obviously make a melee system that wasn't tedious or boring which would have jumped dev time up significantly and taken more than a while to prototype/balance/polish.

The game would only be at a loss from not having that kind of melee if the current system wasn't balanced so well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #784
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,603 Posts
    Excuse me, for expressing my opinion. I'm also sure that I'm not only person in this world that thinks this way about the takedowns. It's not just the third person itself, it's that it simply pauses everything around you until the animation stops. I don't know, it just feels weird. It's just not modern.
    I like it so that they're actually useful instead of "let me take him down" and some asshole across the room goes "oh hey look at that bob's getting punched in the adam's apple I should shoot him."

Edited:

It's like when you go for an assassination in Halo or dog tags in Battlefield and while the animation is playing you get shot right up the asshole.

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,431 Posts
    seems that covert agent pack dlc might be bringing back adam's original sunglasses, and im glad because i think the new ones look weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,431 Posts
    This seems interesting :
    http://www.humanxdesign.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    13,265 Posts
    Hopefully it'll be up on youtube, this is going to be a milestone debate for sure.

28. Post #788
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,431 Posts

i've been waiting to hear the full version of this track ever since the announcement trailer. august cant come fast enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    May 2013
    277 Posts
    Pretty sure for any media shown in month before the release. But without spoilers. Jeez, Eidos totally spoiled Sarif's existence

30. Post #790
    he had a submarine in panchea

31. Post #791
    May 2013
    277 Posts
    Another gold from mKaelus

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,431 Posts
    i hate how alex still blames you if the nsf blow everyone up with the explosive crates
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,687 Posts
    Pretty sure for any media shown in month before the release. But without spoilers. Jeez, Eidos totally spoiled Sarif's existence
    hes a side mission and his actors not getting more than 300-400 for a day of work for a couple voice lines
    its not a spoiler, but it definitely ruined the surprise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #794
    November 2008
    1,210 Posts
    Sorry if this gets asked a lot, but I don't want to look through the previous pages because I haven't played Human Revolution yet and don't want it spoiled. I'm looking to play through the original Deus Ex again, first time in ~5 years I think, and I was looking for advice in regards to mods. I looked at the mods in the OP but wasn't sure what was right for me.

I would like a more or less vanilla experience, with only things like improved textures, maybe higher poly models etc. And I hate when mods completely change a game's original artistic vision.

Looking at the Deus Ex: Revision mod on Steam, it seems like it would be the most convenient, but the description makes me unsure if I want to use it. Specifically, the dot point stating "Locations throughout the game world have been re-designed with new aesthetic and gameplay detail", how drastic are these changes? I'm also a bit unsure about the "gameplay modes" dot point, mostly because the description doesn't really touch on what they are, are they very major and would they be recommended for a vanilla playthrough like I want?

I also seem to recall (from a screenshot I must have seen or something) the models in the mod changing a statue or something in one of the buildings, which I'm not sure I approve of because it changes the original artistic vision, and I was wondering if it makes many changes like that (where it's not just a remake of the original model, but a completely different model entirely).

Ultimately, if the Deus Ex: Revision mod is the best to use, is it at all configurable so I can easily disable the elements that I don't like (if they are even worth disabling). Or can anyone recommend me a better mod/s to use?

Any help is appreciated.

35. Post #795
    July 2013
    1,268 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #796
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    6,351 Posts
    Sorry if this gets asked a lot, but I don't want to look through the previous pages because I haven't played Human Revolution yet and don't want it spoiled. I'm looking to play through the original Deus Ex again, first time in ~5 years I think, and I was looking for advice in regards to mods. I looked at the mods in the OP but wasn't sure what was right for me.

I would like a more or less vanilla experience, with only things like improved textures, maybe higher poly models etc. And I hate when mods completely change a game's original artistic vision.

Looking at the Deus Ex: Revision mod on Steam, it seems like it would be the most convenient, but the description makes me unsure if I want to use it. Specifically, the dot point stating "Locations throughout the game world have been re-designed with new aesthetic and gameplay detail", how drastic are these changes? I'm also a bit unsure about the "gameplay modes" dot point, mostly because the description doesn't really touch on what they are, are they very major and would they be recommended for a vanilla playthrough like I want?

I also seem to recall (from a screenshot I must have seen or something) the models in the mod changing a statue or something in one of the buildings, which I'm not sure I approve of because it changes the original artistic vision, and I was wondering if it makes many changes like that (where it's not just a remake of the original model, but a completely different model entirely).

Ultimately, if the Deus Ex: Revision mod is the best to use, is it at all configurable so I can easily disable the elements that I don't like (if they are even worth disabling). Or can anyone recommend me a better mod/s to use?

Any help is appreciated.
    then look at what mods it has and choose the ones you want for your game and install them separately??

-High Resolution Textures courtesy of New Vision.
    -High Detail 3D models courtesy of Project HDTP.
    -Multiple gameplay modes in the form of Shifter, BioMod, and a custom variant of Human Renovation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #797
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,106 Posts
    Eh, Revision isn't the greatest DX mod to use. All that mod does is expand the maps, sometimes unnecessarily big that you can get lost in. New York City comes to mind, since they added an entire back alley that's unnecessary to go through (   Not talking about the NSF building you were supposed to go to send that distress signal   ). They also added a lot of light sources to make some places livelier, but I think some people complained about that. They use Human Renovation to fix some of the gameplay bugs, but other than that, the gameplay remains the same.

They also composed their own music, and I must say, it's okay at best, and garbage at worse. Some people didn't like the switch from UE2's umx to a modern composition. I can see why too. My verdict on the music: it's good, but not Deus Ex good. It will never beat the original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    May 2013
    277 Posts

Looking at the Deus Ex: Revision mod on Steam, it seems like it would be the most convenient, but the description makes me unsure if I want to use it. Specifically, the dot point stating "Locations throughout the game world have been re-designed with new aesthetic and gameplay detail", how drastic are these changes?

Any help is appreciated.
    mKaelus says enough about the Mod (it's a shortly after mod's release video, so bugs may disappear since this moment).

Honestly, just try GMDX
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    November 2008
    1,210 Posts
    then look at what mods it has and choose the ones you want for your game and install them separately??

-High Resolution Textures courtesy of New Vision.
    -High Detail 3D models courtesy of Project HDTP.
    -Multiple gameplay modes in the form of Shifter, BioMod, and a custom variant of Human Renovation.
    Yeah that was something I was considering, though again I wasn't really sure what each of the mods did and to what extent they did it. I'll do a bit more research into those mods I suppose though. I'll also look into GMDX, thanks.

Something else the Revision mod does though which doesn't appear to refer to an existing mod is the "Direct3D 9 Rendering courtesy of Chris Dohnal", is that something worth looking into or any other superior alternatives?

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,106 Posts
    Yeah that was something I was considering, though again I wasn't really sure what each of the mods did and to what extent they did it. I'll do a bit more research into those mods I suppose though.

Something else the Revision mod does though which doesn't appear to refer to an existing mod is the "Direct3D 9 Rendering courtesy of Chris Dohnal", is that something worth looking into or any other superior alternatives?
    You can try Dohnal's OpenGL renderer here: http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/ or Kentie's d3d11 (DirectX 10) renderer: http://www.kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

I think there a enhanced DX9 on either site, but I can't remember where.

Edited:

The obvious reason to go with an enhanced render is so that the game can take advantage of some of the new features, such as better lighting and shadows since Deus Ex was built on an ancient version of DirectX.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)