1. Post #3241
    December 2012
    2,531 Posts
    It comes out in exactly a week. The physical album that is.

2. Post #3242

February 2016
    1,076 Posts
    People ripped the entirety of HR's OST within a few weeks of release.

This engine is just downright shitty.
    The engine is shitty because you couldn't access the files of it when it's not meant to be modded?

Anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3243
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,119 Posts
    Looks good. I hope they don't do the next one(s) with a anime announcement tho.

4. Post #3244
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,043 Posts
    Looks good. I hope they don't do the next one(s) with a anime announcement tho.
    Pritchard is an anime fan. I think someone said the art was meant to have been drawn by him.

So unless the next DLC features him again, it probably won't.

5. Post #3245
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,219 Posts
    I hope they won't force the Breach stuff too much, I don't really like the aesthetics of that thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3246

February 2016
    1,076 Posts
    Breach looked like an Indie game on steroids. I don't mind the aesthetic, but it gets pretty boring very quickly.

Not to mention they broke the cover system with it.

7. Post #3247
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    13,265 Posts
    The engine is shitty because you couldn't access the files of it when it's not meant to be modded?

Anyway
    HR wasn't meant to be modded and we got the whole OST even cutscene music out of it almost immediately.

8. Post #3248

February 2016
    1,076 Posts
    HR wasn't meant to be modded and we got the whole OST even cutscene music out of it almost immediately.
    And for some reason Mankind Divided's engine is shit because you couldn't do that this time?

9. Post #3249
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,765 Posts

Anyway
    I agree with Jensen, it does sound like a screenplay...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3250
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,299 Posts
    Shouldn't the vaults be the most secure thing in the palisade banks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #3251
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    13,265 Posts
    And for some reason Mankind Divided's engine is shit because you couldn't do that this time?
    Generally speaking it must be a pain to pack/unpack files from it. Not to mention the bad performance.

12. Post #3252
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,299 Posts
    I agree with Jensen, it does sound like a screenplay...

The twist at the end is that the mission isn't an Illuminati conspiracy, it's a Pritchard conspiracy. He's filming you breaking into the place and making a movie out of it.

In the next game Adam is a celebrity actor.

And he never asked for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

13. Post #3253
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,882 Posts
    Man, Pritchard and Jensen seriously work great together, acting wise. I truly hope they bring the duo back next time.

Wish I had the money for this, gotta wait unfortunately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #3254

February 2016
    1,076 Posts
    I'd rather have Malik back before we get Pritchard again. Or both at the same time.

I get the feeling Jensen's going to go rogue in the next Deus Ex. With the way choice-based games usually work Miller's going to be fired/transferred if you saved him so that Page can tighten his grip on TF29. It would be a great opportunity to get the gang back together.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #3255
    Respected User
    March 2007
    9,234 Posts
    Shouldn't the vaults be the most secure thing in the palisade banks?
    I was thinking the same thing, but I do seem to remember somewhere in the game it talks about how ultra high security the blade has for whatever reason. Still seems a little like they went "Oh, we gotta top what we did in the main game" instead of having it make logical sense.

16. Post #3256
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,573 Posts
    Question for you guys: How well does the original Deus Ex work on Windows 10? I remember trying to play it a while ago on Win 7 and I had some issues with it.

17. Post #3257
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2011
    2,522 Posts
    Question for you guys: How well does the original Deus Ex work on Windows 10? I remember trying to play it a while ago on Win 7 and I had some issues with it.
    use the .exe from this site and you should be good to go

Edited:

without it you'll be dealing with weird mouse control in menus and some bad performance (or at least that's what I got on my 10 machine)

18. Post #3258
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,573 Posts
    use the .exe from this site and you should be good to go

Edited:

without it you'll be dealing with weird mouse control in menus and some bad performance (or at least that's what I got on my 10 machine)
    Does the game support 1440p?

19. Post #3259
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2011
    2,522 Posts
    Does the game support 1440p?
    iirc yes, with the modded .exe

20. Post #3260
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,573 Posts
    iirc yes, with the modded .exe
    Well, I tried it and it won't go fullscreen no matter what I do. It attempts to run at full resolution at lunch, but after a few seconds reverts to a small window. And then in-game, I click fullscreen and it completely freezes before reverting back to a small window.

Any other solutions?

21. Post #3261
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,968 Posts
    Man, Pritchard and Jensen seriously work great together, acting wise. I truly hope they bring the duo back next time.

Wish I had the money for this, gotta wait unfortunately.
    It isn't much so we still don't know how this will unfold in the actual game altogether, but there's something about the interactions with characters from HR that seems a lot more natural than in MD or even the original. In the original Deus Ex I swear it feels like most of J.C.'s responses (and often times responses to J.C.) are almost on a completely different conversational wavelength. Meanwhile almost everyone in Mankind Divided is either "ADAM THANK GOD YOU'RE OKAY now i need you to do this thing for me" or "fuck off aug"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3262

February 2016
    1,076 Posts
    It isn't much so we still don't know how this will unfold in the actual game altogether, but there's something about the interactions with characters from HR that seems a lot more natural than in MD or even the original. In the original Deus Ex I swear it feels like most of J.C.'s responses (and often times responses to J.C.) are almost on a completely different conversational wavelength. Meanwhile almost everyone in Mankind Divided is either "ADAM THANK GOD YOU'RE OKAY now i need you to do this thing for me" or "fuck off aug"
    It's because most, if not all interactions you make are directly involved in a quest or from some random asshole on the streets. It's always tied into your objective, you're never give a chance to breathe like when Malik asks if you want to talk after Milwaukee Junction. Human Revolution definitely had the same issue but because it was spaced out it wasn't as big a deal.

Not to mention characters are a lot more fleshed out.    Viktor Marchenko, deliberately inciting an augs vs naturals war because "Illuminati", in comparison to Hugh Darrow, inventor and father of augmentations bringing down his own creation out of spite and fear? Not even close.   

23. Post #3263
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    10,827 Posts
    http://imgur.com/7wgCILO

found something interesting in the DLC

24. Post #3264
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    13,265 Posts
    I'd rather have Malik back before we get Pritchard again. Or both at the same time.

I get the feeling Jensen's going to go rogue in the next Deus Ex. With the way choice-based games usually work Miller's going to be fired/transferred if you saved him so that Page can tighten his grip on TF29. It would be a great opportunity to get the gang back together.   
    Malik barely had any characterization though? Pritchard is a perfect fit for Jensen's straight man act.

25. Post #3265
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,968 Posts
    Malik barely had any characterization though? Pritchard is a perfect fit for Jensen's straight man act.
    Malik was less of a character with great development over the story, and more of a character with a great bond over the story. You find out bits and pieces of how she used to live, her personal emotions and opinions on things, her friendship with Jensen. She didn't even have to become some truly in-depth and well-grown character for people to near-consistently    abandon their pacifist runs to save her    for a reason. And Adam clearly reciprocates the friendship.

It may be a light RPG / immersive sim, but you're not going to magically learn everything about someone. But having a character portrayed in a way that you feel you can trust them and want to help them with no questions asked (and not just out of completionist mentality) is usually a pretty strong sign of a well-written character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #3266

February 2016
    1,076 Posts

Best scene so far is when Jensen got on board the "Naturals" train at the start for the intro cutscene. Jensen does not give a fuck lol   

27. Post #3267
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,043 Posts
    I take it the DLC is separate from your main save?

28. Post #3268
    August 2014
    233 Posts
    But same happened with MD?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Ukraine Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3269
    DramaFodder
    July 2013
    2,581 Posts

good start to the dlc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3270
    :D
    October 2011
    8,882 Posts
    Why did Jensen say "I told you to never ping my location ever again", they weren't really in a conflict by the end of DXHR, and even worse - we don't fucking know what happened between these two in that time. Does DLC at least touch on that subject?

31. Post #3271
    May 2013
    277 Posts
    Why did Jensen say "I told you to never ping my location ever again", they weren't really in a conflict by the end of DXHR, and even worse - we don't fucking know what happened between these two in that time. Does DLC at least touch on that subject?
    I think it's somehow connected to the Black Light novel.

32. Post #3272

February 2016
    1,076 Posts
    The weird part is that in Blacklight Jensen and Pritchard were never hostile like that to each other. Although having finished the DLC    it seems like Jensen just wants to be left alone. He's definitely been affected by something since Blacklight.   

-snip-

33. Post #3273
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,882 Posts
    Is this worth the 12 bucks? Dunno if I want to rush out to grab it or not

34. Post #3274

February 2016
    1,076 Posts
    It's 3-4 hours depending on how you play it. Just take your time and explore, there's not much in the mini-hub but it's a very well crafted addition. Was well worth the money for me, since I only got 100 minutes out of Missing Link's standalone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #3275
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,961 Posts
    Took a 4k screenshot of this scene cause I really love it

also the dlc being in its own new hub I don't see how this couldn't be intergrated into the main game...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #3276
    DramaFodder
    July 2013
    2,581 Posts
    also the dlc being in its own new hub I don't see how this couldn't be intergrated into the main game...
    IMO the hub is pretty small though, there's only like 4 buildings you can go in.

37. Post #3277
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,961 Posts
    IMO the hub is pretty small though, there's only like 4 buildings you can go in.
    yeah but I don't want to start a new character to play these dlcs. Makes newgame+ kinda lame too since you can't play the dlcs all maxed out either

38. Post #3278
    DramaFodder
    July 2013
    2,581 Posts
    Also this happened, RX 480 + DX12 apparently breaks people in cutscenes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #3279
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,559 Posts
    I don't know guys
    I really like the chemistry between Adam and Pritchard, but the trailer makes the DLC feels like some kind of glorified side quest with a handful of new NPCs and a main area which is something I've already seen, only partially modified
    Am I wrong?

40. Post #3280
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts
    DLC looks like a big advertisement for Breach mode.