1. Post #1
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    ”Fuckin’ Immigrants!”, the last words uttered by a British politician before he was pronounced dead.

The year is 2066, and after a half-century long ferocious battle with disease, warfare, climate change and some more disease, Europe and the world as a whole has been forced to revert to a tribal state. Technological advances and the great cities that housed them are nothing more than dust in the wind, as even the beautiful cities like Paris and Berlin are now hovels. The region most affected was the once glorious British Isles, which have now been reduced to ashes and dried tea bags.

But now, a light shines across the shores of the old mother country, as settlers from around continental Europe head to Britain to make a new home.

Of course, humans being humans, power struggles are inevitable and the old ways must be restored! How will you change the future of Britain!

----

Political Map
    Introductory Turn
    Nation Flag - 250x150, should represent your people
    Nation Name - Your settling tribe’s name/affiliation
    Nation Culture - From what part of Europe do your people hail from? (Must Exist)
    National Religion - What faith do your people follow (Major/Fictional Accepted)
    Starting Locations - Select 2 provinces from the map above, mark them out in paint or whatever
    All Turn Format (Introduction Too!!!)
    Internal Actions - Production, governance and the like
    External Actions - Political/Diplomatic decisions between individual nations
    Research - Choose 3 techs, 2 will be chosen (300s BC essentially)
    Expansion - Choose up to 3 territories to expand to
    ----

Player List
    Zillamaster55 - God
    SniperComZero - The North Axes
    Pezgod1 - New Frisae
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    March 2011
    1,287 Posts
    Claiming the fuck outta northeast scotland there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2013
    421 Posts
    Claiming Kent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    I was really afraid this wouldn't get members, but I feel it's interesting enough.

Bonus to whoever can be Muslim Romanian settlers in London

5. Post #5
    Roleplaying Procrastinator
    January 2012
    5,274 Posts
    Why the hell am I thinking of making a Romanichal nation?

6. Post #6
    March 2011
    1,287 Posts
    Also, would everything in Britain be crumbled and nothing left? Call me an asshole for using this example, but in the Fallout games, where there's been nuclear destruction of the entire world, people still have guns and powered armor etc over centuries since the apocalypse, and landmarks of those places still stand extremely well intact given the circumstances. I don't think some disease and war can make cities standing for centuries crumble over half of one.

7. Post #7
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Also, would everything in Britain be crumbled and nothing left? Call me an asshole for using this example, but in the Fallout games, where there's been nuclear destruction of the entire world, people still have guns and powered armor etc over centuries since the apocalypse, and landmarks of those places still stand extremely well intact given the circumstances. I don't think some disease and war can make cities standing for centuries crumble over half of one.
    Basically, for gameplay purposes, things like Big Ben, the London Bridge and etc. are relics of "The Past Times".

Essentially everyone's real dumb right now and we're livin' in huts

Rumor has it that the Empire of Packertonia rules the shores of Lake Michigan in America

8. Post #8
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Okay everyone, for your first turn (introductory turns, so the ones right now) you can take 3 provinces in expansion. However, for later turns, I'll drop it to 2, since the map will get filled up too fast for newcomers.

Edited:

Also Snipercom/Pezgod, got your turns done c:

Edited:

Turns are due Friday

9. Post #9
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Is it possible to jsut get 2 more people? (excluding KingArcher, I'm still working on your turn)

10. Post #10
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    claiming ireland
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Alright, perfect!

12. Post #12
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Okay! I'm going to be working on these 2 turns tonight, and the turn will probably be out Friday evening, ok?

Edited:

The turn could actually be out tonight if you wanted it to, but I'm gonna wait to see if we can get one more person in before I post it.

13. Post #13
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    You could post it tonight man

14. Post #14
    March 2013
    511 Posts
    There should be a low amount of players anyway, the map is so small.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Turn 1 - Year of 2066

Political Map
    Pink - New Firsae
    Light Blue - The New Axes
    Green - The New Irish Republic
    Seafoam - The Romanichal Caliphate

Cultural Map
    Orange - Frisian
    Teal - Norwegian
    Green - Irish
    Blue - Romani

Religious Map
    Purple - Bearskinner
    Grey - Norse
    Yellow - Catholic
    Green - Islam

Isle-Wide Events
    - A warm, wet spring causes strong harvests for many of the newly arrived settlers
    - Local populations begin to dwindle as many family groups are either forced from their homes or die due to lack of resources that are consumed by the new arrivals
    - A large number of tribal groups settle along the coasts of Britannia

Player Turns

New Frisae - Pezgod1
    Culture - Frisian
    Religion - Bearskinner
    Organization - Despotic Chiefdom
    The Frisians are a western-germanic peoples from the former Netherlands, who have settled in the southeast of Britain
    - Within months of their arrival, the Frisians begin adopting a faith revolving around the Bearskin Hats of the old Britannic peoples that once lived here
    - The Chief, however, sets his various farmers and workers to the recreation of a large city, cannibalizing the remains of the ancient Kent that once stood
    - In order to expand, the Frisae push westwards, and attempt to move into the old city of London. However, vicious local tribes force them out after a pitched night battle
    - Relations between the Frisae and local tribes are soured after the nation expands rapidly and violently
    - Dotting the countryside are small agricultural settlements that see a fairly sustainable yield. These farms are owned by smaller tribes, headed by a hat-wearing nobleman
    - The remaining men are regularly cycled through training from local nobles. The nation attempts to standardize a red uniform with the bearskin
    - These soldiers, the “Red Men”, are well trained and considered fairly elite, but are small in size and are used only for the defense of their liege lord
    - The Red Men who belong to richer families are sometimes equipped with padded armor made from leather stuffed with grass. This crude defensive maneuver protects them from light missiles and some hand-to-hand situations
    - In order to collect taxes and see proper management of the land, the High Chief attempts to recreate the old writing ways. Due to the lack of paper, dried animal hide is scrawled upon with ink made from crushed berries in order to send messages

The New Axes - SniperComZero
    Culture - Norwegian
    Religion - Norse
    Organization - Despotic Chiefdom
    The Axes are a northern-germanic peoples from what is left of Norway, who have come to make a new home much like their ancestors centuries ago
    - The Axes quickly begin settlements along the coastline, exploiting the fertility of the north sea, and taking what remains of the forests nearby
    - The Axes are eventually forced to press inland, as the settlements demand proper structures for defense and daily life
    - With the constant chopping of trees, The Axes create their namesake by adopting a flat-headed axe that can focus the pressure from a strike on a single point
    - Fishermen also bring a boom to the creation of spears. These long weapons not only assist the harvesting of fish, but also the defense against the various dwindling tribes nearby
    - Some fights take place, but the Axen settlement of the north is relatively peaceful, as many locals head south

The New Irish Republic - Native Hunter
    Culture - Irish
    Religion - Roman Catholocism
    Organization - Tribal Council
    The New Irish Republic is a coalition of the remaining Irish tribes that have now settled in the ruins of the old city of Dublin.
    - Remembering the days of old, the Irish quickly begin creating new housing projects, cannibalizing the city of Dublin to create their capital settlement, aptly named New Dublin
    - These houses are simple log cabins, that house six to ten individuals in a cramped space, but provide protection during storms or winter
    - Some cabins, reserved for the larger and wealthier nobles, have a second story. These majestic buildings are usually leaned against the foundations of crumbling buildings of old, and are a rare sight amongst the other homes
    - Large farming settlements crop up around New Dublin, and with them small mud huts that are hastily set up by farmers
    - These farms produce a strong yield, and manage to carry the growing population of the new republic without fail through its first year
    - Small fishing communities can be seen dotting the Irish shorelines, and produce a meagre fish trade with neighboring tribes and those across the sea in Britain itself
    - A policing force, made up of noblemen and slaves, begin patrolling the borders of their settlement. However, after clashes between the Irish and local tribes take place, the head chieftain calls for war
    - Irish expansion is bloody, quick, and ravages the countryside as nobles compete for plunder and land
    - The fishermen are tasked with looking for refugees amongst the wreckage of the old world. Some come back with only a few survivors, others do not return at all. A hostile world causes many bad choices to be made, it appears
    - With that in mind, the Irish then send missionaries to Europe in hopes of collecting what remains of the Celtic world. They return with very small numbers of people, but all of whom are ready to work and support the new nation
    - With the rate of expansion almost exponential, the Irish look to a new way to move quickly. This comes in the form of two crucial inventions: the stirrup and the harness
    - The stirrup allows for Irish cavalrymen to properly sit and thus navigate their horses over rougher terrain and keep themselves seated during combat
    - The harness is a key element in the nation’s food production, as wagons and carts drawn by horses can carry the goods farther than before
    - In a desperate attempt to reconnect with the old faith, the Irish send out one last batch of missionaries on a harrowing trip to the Vatican in order to establish contact with the papacy
    - After months of travelling, the missionaries return with the ashen-black robes and skeleton of the pope. The people are devastated, and a shrine to the pope’s bones are erected in the center of New Dublin

The Romanichal Caliphate - King Archer
    Culture - Romani
    Religion - Islam
    Organization - Tribal Nomads
    The Romanichal Caliphate is a collection of various Romani peoples who had already been settled in Britain, and those that had arrived post-apocalypse.
    - The Romani people, now settled in the eastern part of Britain, begin roaming the countryside looking for resources
    - To respect their religious beliefs, the Caliph rides inside of a beautifully constructed cart that resembles the Mosques of old. Though small, his sermons still attract many to his cause
    - The Caliphate forms a massive caravan that regularly patrols their territory, and has arguably one of the strongest military forces in Britannia
    - In shock raids and violent conquests, the Romani repeatedly sack nearby settlements and ravage the countryside in a search for loot and food
    - In order to move quickly, the Romani begin a massive campaign of horse breeding, and are considered to be an all-cavalry military at this point
    - A new saddle, with Irish-like stirrups is created in one of the small camps. It is quickly adopted, and the Romani use this invention to ruthlessly hunt down the resistant British population
    - A simplistic set of armor using leather and bone is made for their horses. This offers menial protection, and is usually reserved for the elites. However, this armor is terrifying to any who are on the receiving end of the horse’s boot
    - Local British populations, now under the boot of the Romani, are oppressed further, as the Romani caliph declares the consumption of tea to be illegal, and the stores of the precious drink are burned
    - In an attempt to sack the most valuable city of all, the Romani storm the city of London and try to steal whatever they can. Unfortunately, like the Frisae, the local population is far too strong and force the Romani horsemen out into the countryside
    - The last vestiges of British lifestyle are slowly wiped out as the Romani continue their violent campaign across Britain, and establish themselves as the true successors to the prophet Muhammad

Send In as Turn 2, And Remember, Only 2 Places For Expansion!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    great turn zilla!

17. Post #17
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    I'm gonna try to squeeze more comedic elements in here next time.

Turns due Thursday

18. Post #18
    December 2013
    421 Posts
    I'm fucked

19. Post #19
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Do you guys like what I did with the flags?

20. Post #20
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    yea it looks good, I just have a question. What high chief is declareing war?

21. Post #21
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    t-turns pls

22. Post #22
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Oi! I have one turn!

Sniper, Archer, Native, get yer arses in gear

23. Post #23
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    You said they're due Thursday xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,485 Posts
    I wanted to join this one but I don't have the time, I'm afraid.

Was totally going to go with Catholic Irish so we could keep that shitstorm going.

25. Post #25
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    You said they're due Thursday xD
    I know I know, I just don't want to be rushed this weekend with the turn is all, I like to work on them when I have more than 1 to dabble with (in case of interaction)

26. Post #26
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    I wanted to join this one but I don't have the time, I'm afraid.

Was totally going to go with Catholic Irish so we could keep that shitstorm going.

you'd be a step to late laddie

27. Post #27
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    I'll give you guys a couple more days but I only have 2 turns