1. Post #1
    July 2013
    1,290 Posts

Well I couldn't find a thread pertaining to Roller Coaster Tycoon anywhere, so i suppose starting one would be the best option
    anyway
    For those who don't know, Roller Coaster Tycoon is a get this: Tycoon game, and one of the more successful ones. You take the role of owning a theme park, and try to reach certain goals set by each level. The first game, simply called Roller Coaster Tycoon (1999) was made by Chris Sawyer, who would then go on to make Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 in 2002. Later, the Roller Coaster Tycoon series was picked up by Atari, who made Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 in 2005. Each game got 2 expansions, the first two games mostly got simply more levels, but RCT3 also got the addition of pools and zoos.

There never was a mobile game.

Anyway, now a new Roller Coaster Tycoon game is in the works called Roller Coaster Tycoon World once again made by Atari, set to come out early 2015. I suppose if there are any old fans of the game, or perhaps some people who have never played it you can discuss it here. All the Roller Coaster Tycoon games can be picked up at Good Old Games or Steam with their expansions as well, and I suggest having grown up with them myself, to go check them out.

Game Screenshots:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #2

November 2014
    28 Posts
    I'm with you guys. Let's just pretend the mobile app doesn't exist, eh?

3. Post #3
    NETID#203731
    March 2009
    13,615 Posts
    i hope i am not the only person who made a prison island in the center of lakes and made all the bathrooms cost $10 per use on it

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    166 Posts
    I made a large picture of my entire park

I also finally created my own duelling coasters! Matter & Antimatter

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    166 Posts
    I hope this thread becomes more popular and doesn't end up buried... Not sure how popular this game is though now.

6. Post #6
    July 2013
    1,290 Posts
    http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/r...n-blog-post-2/
    Second production update log. The thought of restaurants doesn't sound so bad, but i hope there will be a bit more scenery types than just Western, Space, Americana, and Pirate. But if there isn't, then i hope there will be plenty to fill those gaps.

I also finally created my own duelling coasters! Matter & Antimatter
    I wish i had those coaster making skills. Every roller coaster i used to make would just be extreme deathtraps that no one wanted to go on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    166 Posts
    http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/r...n-blog-post-2/
    Second production update log. The thought of restaurants doesn't sound so bad, but i hope there will be a bit more scenery types than just Western, Space, Americana, and Pirate. But if there isn't, then i hope there will be plenty to fill those gaps.

I wish i had those coaster making skills. Every roller coaster i used to make would just be extreme deathtraps that no one wanted to go on.
    I'd say to observe some of the coasters already in the game and implement features. Duelling coasters are really easy to look visually appealing

8. Post #8
    this link changes
    April 2012
    6,885 Posts
    i hope i am not the only person who made a prison island in the center of lakes and made all the bathrooms cost $10 per use on it
    I'd rather live there than live in a hypothetical world where RCT exists as a mobile game.

9. Post #9

10. Post #10
    November 2013
    1,031 Posts
    Heres a video i made when i was like 13, i cant believe it has reached 2.2 million view for this crap!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2013
    1,290 Posts
    jesus, i guess i don't have the facepunch search down. Along with using the search i looked through the first 5 pages of the general gaming to find something relating to RCT and i found it nowhere