1. Post #921
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    is there some sort of mod manager program for dead island? because i try to throw in a bunch of mods but half of them use the same files and my game gets wrecked.

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,779 Posts
    I wish there was more gun variety. You know, revolvers, uzis, maybe even a pump action shotgun? If there were as many guns as there were melee weapons I would never stop playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #923
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    14,916 Posts
    There is a pumpgun mod and when mod tools arrive I expect near Fallout Nexus tier content for guns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #924
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,275 Posts
    I just killed one of those volatiles that come out at night with fire crackers how the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #925
    "TOO FUCKIN' STUPID"
    March 2010
    2,295 Posts
    I just killed one of those volatiles that come out at night with fire crackers how the fuck
    Those firecrackers must have been volatile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 9Dumb Dumb x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #926
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,631 Posts
    For the most part, the weapons in this game are satisfactory, but they should have expanded a little more on guns. Kinda wish you could at least mod guns, or they scaled like melee weapons.

On the melee side though, I really wish they could have included some form of brass knuckles, or gauntlet you could use. I don't know about anybody else here, but it's really, really satisfying sometimes to unequip everything, and just wail on a zombie, or Rais' thugs with your hands. Would have been even nicer to do it with some more power behind each punch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #927
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,627 Posts

Damnit, neck seams.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    713 Posts
    i dont think running on low really qualifies as no fps issues

yeah i can get 400+ fps on 800x600 with all low, but id rather not do that
    May be true, but I've heard people complaining about the fps a lot, so I figured they'd already set their games to low.

9. Post #929
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts

looks like i took the trash out a bit early

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 3Artistic x 1Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #930
    All in all, the clock is slow.
    April 2008
    3,004 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,266 Posts
    i envy your fps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #932
    All in all, the clock is slow.
    April 2008
    3,004 Posts
    i envy your fps
    I envy it myself for I don't get frames like this often

13. Post #933
    September 2008
    671 Posts
    New patch is out. It updates your game to v1.4.0

Hardware, performance & stability issues
    • Resolved various stability issues
    • Numerous general performance optimizations
    • Significantly reduced RAM memory usage

Gameplay issues
    • Added option to disable film grain video effect.
    • Fixed the issue with reaching Survivor Rank 25
    • Optimized video memory management to eliminate “ResizeBuffers failed 0x887a0005” error message
    • Fixed extremely long load times that some users were experiencing
    • Resolved issues with unlocking certain achievements
    • Fixed the issue with ammo disappearing from player’s inventory when attempting shooting challenges
    • Resolved issues with Personal Statistics menu
    • Fixed problems with using keys assigned to gameplay features during chat
    • Fixed duplicating weapons exploit

Be-the-Zombie mode
    • Fixed the ‘infinite spit’ exploit in Be-the-Zombie mode
    • Fixed several issues with connecting to games when playing as the zombie
    • Added additional tools for tracking network issues

Game data integrity (modding)
    • Games can be modded
    • Modded games will not work online with original unchanged versions
    • Modded games will work with other identically modded games

Graphical Bugs
    • Resolved extremely low resolution textures on certain objects regardless of texture quality settings

Linux specific improvements:
    • Fixed motion blur switching via main menu
    • Fixed messaging when playing cross-platform session

Known issues we are still working on:
    • Screen flickering when using dual-GPU setups
    • Radeon support on Linux platforms
    Nice to see they accounted for running mods online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 20Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #934
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    4,479 Posts
    Graphical Bugs
    • Resolved extremely low resolution textures on certain objects regardless of texture quality settings
    Sweet tea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    Drk
    July 2014
    1,479 Posts
    There is a pumpgun mod and when mod tools arrive I expect near Fallout Nexus tier content for guns
    Which would be amazing but let's not speculate too much on that. It will depends if we are able to create new animations, what type of files are supported etc... weapons, animations and such is always a bit more tricky then more standard tweaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #936
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    Which would be amazing but let's not speculate too much on that. It will depends if we are able to create new animations, what type of files are supported etc... weapons, animations and such is always a bit more tricky then more standard tweaking.
    They've said they plan to make the mod tools extensive and are taking advice and suggestions from modders about what they want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,736 Posts
    Hopefully they'll be able to edit the maps, I think that's going to be the real decider of longevity since it'll get old running around that map once you know where everything is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #938
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    4,237 Posts
    I really love that when you pull out a gun on Rais' thugs/random street survivors they throw up their hands and back up

it's even better when you scare them using the fucking gadoid gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

19. Post #939
    January 2010
    1,874 Posts
    I really love that when you pull out a gun on Rais' thugs/random street survivors they throw up their hands and back up

it's even better when you scare them using the fucking gadoid gun
    I've had one start backing up next to a ledge and he fell down and bashed his head open.

Edited:

also someone please make a mod that increases the damage your fists do, I want to run around beating zombies to death with my bare hands
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #940
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    10,688 Posts
    rock-it launcher from fallout 3 please

I want to fire pipes and katanas at people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

21. Post #941
    I AM COMPLETELY UNABLE TO SHUT THE HELL UP
    October 2012
    4,853 Posts
    "There are 25 similar games available. Press to open the Quick Join menu to join a game."

*Quick Join*

"This game takes place on a different map and 5 story missions behind your current game. Would you like to join?"

I hate this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #942
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    I've had one start backing up next to a ledge and he fell down and bashed his head open.

Edited:

also someone please make a mod that increases the damage your fists do, I want to run around beating zombies to death with my bare hands
    Fist damage should tie in to power level. Just make it go up like 10% per level. It'd have gone up 240% by endgame. Still wouldn't be anything spectacular, but it'd be viable at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #943
    October 2012
    4,853 Posts
    Also why does everyone kick random people who connect out of their coop game? If you don't want to play with randoms then disable public joining.

I love this game but its so held back by the shitty matchmaking and shitty player base.

24. Post #944
    Drk
    July 2014
    1,479 Posts
    Jesus

Fucking

Christ

The Developer Menu is god damn amazing.

If, like me, you pretty much finished the game, messing around with this tool is absolutely amazing. There's so much hidden shit, it's crazy.

Brb makin webms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    Also why does everyone kick random people who connect out of their coop game? If you don't want to play with randoms then disable public joining.

I love this game but its so held back by the shitty matchmaking and shitty player base.
    That's the problem with virtually every online game. Stupid people want to just play with their friends, but are too stupid to figure out how to even change the options.

26. Post #946
    November 2010
    507 Posts
    Its a lot of fun just running around in the world. I was very hesitant on purchasing the game, but I am glad that I bought it now. Here are some clips from my first few hours of playing. I'm still trying to get used to the controls. That is probably my only complaint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,570 Posts
    Well I get really good frame rates from high, except textures are on medium, after update. Although my friend can't launch the game now from either windows or linux? Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #948
    Drk
    July 2014
    1,479 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,631 Posts
    Even though this new update allows an option to disable film grain, film grain still exists in my game. When I boot up the game, it's not there on the main menu, but the second I get in-game, it's all grainy. Then, when I check the video menu, it says it's disabled. It's really weird, and annoying, because once the grain is gone after I double check the video settings, the next time I load into a new area, the grain comes back, and I have to do the exact thing to remove it again.

30. Post #950
    Drk
    July 2014
    1,479 Posts
    Even though this new update allows an option to disable film grain, film grain still exists in my game. When I boot up the game, it's not there on the main menu, but the second I get in-game, it's all grainy. Then, when I check the video menu, it says it's disabled. It's really weird, and annoying, because once the grain is gone after I double check the video settings, the next time I load into a new area, the grain comes back, and I have to do the exact thing to remove it again.
    Yeah they fucked up. I managed to get it work though, but it's clunky. Go in the video options, if grain is enabled, disable it, then go back in the options and enable it again, and disable it again. Then it will work. You need to do the process two times to make it work.

31. Post #951
    November 2010
    507 Posts
    I wish I could disable film grain on the Xbox One version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #952
    October 2012
    4,853 Posts
    What are the random banging and screaming noises that don't seem to be located from any specific direction?

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    194 Posts
    What are the random banging and screaming noises that don't seem to be located from any specific direction?
    They signify when virals (the running zombies) have been alerted by a loud noise like an explosion or gunshots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #954
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    4,237 Posts
    Usually from behind doors you can't open.

35. Post #955
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    2,010 Posts
    My game won't let me accept to be able to do the last outbreak zone, so my save loads into a screen that says "Press T to continue" while in the building.

no matter how many times I press t or whatever I try to bind it to, It's stuck and it saved in that building meaning that my save is fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,486 Posts
    My game won't let me accept to be able to do the last outbreak zone, so my save loads into a screen that says "Press T to continue" while in the building.

no matter how many times I press t or whatever I try to bind it to, It's stuck and it saved in that building meaning that my save is fucked.
    Join a coop game and see if that helps

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    2,010 Posts
    Join a coop game and see if that helps
    My game refuses to let me to that too, and my game's unmodded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    792 Posts
    Aaaugh, man. Are the only guns in the game really just the 9mms, the double-barreled shotgun, and the police/military rifle? (Aside from Rais' gun).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #959
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    4,237 Posts
    get a gadoid gun and you'll never need to use another gun ever again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    ~I pirate indie games~
    May 2005
    17,287 Posts
    Jesus

Fucking

Christ

The Developer Menu is god damn amazing.

If, like me, you pretty much finished the game, messing around with this tool is absolutely amazing. There's so much hidden shit, it's crazy.

Brb makin webms.
    it doesn't work on the latest update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)