1. Post #1

August 2014
    4 Posts

2b2t is the longest running and largest minecraft world ever made. There are no rules, no staff, and infinite possibility, in a completely vanilla setting. The world (at the time of writing this) is 787GB large and 49 months old (19 Jan 2015) and nearly 60,000 players have wandered the world at least once. The server will continue to grow and age as long as the community pays $90 monthy to maintain it. If you're someone who loves to explore, discover and create this is the server for you, there are a multitude of bases, forms of terrain to explore, and (thanks to a few dozen exploits, and even one back-door over the years) plenty of OP gear, loot, and resources to steal, provided you're lucky and persistent enough to go out there and find it. At peak times the server has around thirty players on, some are friendly, most are deadly.

Facepunch was also part of its history, as proven on this threads: Here, Here Here, Here, Here and Here.

In 27th April of 2011, Chezhead attempted to make a Facepunch Republic in the server, however he startled most of the 4chan playerbase in the process. Because of this, the Republic never happened, being sabotaged over and over again by infiltrated players and griefers. But things have changed... 2b2t is currently in a era of peace. Griefers and griefings have decreased in number through the years. Because of this, bases like Valkyria, Gape, Asgard, Nova and Fenrir were able to happen. Playing in 2b2t is not just playing minecraft. This server is the ultimate minecraft online experience. No rules. No Admins. Welcome to Minecraft Hell.

The server was also inspiration for the Player Judge Holden to make a Comic about it:
    Old 2b2t Comic -> Here
    New 2b2t Comic ->Here

You can check the 2b2t Cards, done by Sato and Coldwave:
    http://imgur.com/a/xeXuc -> Coldwave's two sets.
    http://imgur.com/a/PqXwi -> Sato's first set
    http://imgur.com/a/jM7lQ -> Sato's second set
    http://imgur.com/a/CMBkO -> Sato's third set

There is alsoThe 2b2t Blog, done by James_Rustles, who collects stories of the server and even some of his own.

Getting out of spawn is always a hard task, no matter when you log in. The server is filled with ruins of the past. Destroyed bases, homes and towns. Don't expect to survive in the first try.

The IP is 2b2t.org. Good luck, try not to die too much.

Here is what other facepunchers said about 2b2t on the older threads:

Chezhead posted:
    2b2t is a server I find very interesting. It's basically an open, public server with no rules whatsoever. No admins, no plugins, no anything. This makes it a pvp free for all.
    Many communities are invited to this cesspool of a server, including Something Awful, 4chan, and our own Facepunch.
    Within posted:
    Terminologically correct it is an anarchy server. 2b2t is the only server out there true to Minecraft's gamemode: survival. It's the only server not infested by idiot-cunt-kid admins fucking up the server with every Bukkit plugin out there. The server is completely vanilla with the exception of the Bukkit plugin NoCheat. There are no admins, no moderators, no OPs, no bans, no kicks, no punishment, no rules, no nothing. It's up to you to survive. And that's why we like it.
    People from all over the Internet has adventured (and is still adventuring): from Facepunch, /b/, /v/, Reddit, SA and even DeviantART.
    IliekBoxes posted:
    We're all equally worthless on this server. Nobody cares if you are raped, your base is destroyed, your friends betray you and your shit is stolen.
    Phagocitic posted:
    2b2t provides a very unique experience to players both new and old to Minecraft. On average, there are usually about 40 or so players on at once, so you can easily make new friends (or enemies). There are ruins of old bases fucking everywhere, so if you are the kind of person who loves to explore, 2b2t is for you. Because there are no rules, if you're the type of person to spam chat with racism or grief any base in sight, you can do it to your heart's desire. And if you are just generally bored, hop on 2b2t, there's always an interesting conversation going on.
    Here is a compilation of screenshots and images from older 2b2t threads(Some images comes with explanation):
    http://imgur.com/a/NtQl9
    http://imgur.com/a/JRm7x
    260 Images of history and autism. A history that is still being written. Its up to you to decide if you want to be part of the Minecraft most complex server.

OP kind of written by myself, but mostly done by Sato86. You should make a shrine to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,410 Posts
    Whats ballin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    September 2014
    80 Posts
    This is apparently the current thread for 2b2t. The threads in General Gaming Discussions get locked, but OP was banned for posting it here and the thread was locked and recently re-opened.

From FP Staff:

Server threads are not allowed in General Games Discussion. The 2b2t thread is currently in the Games in Progress section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2011
    51 Posts
    "Server threads are not allowed in General Games Discussion. The 2b2t thread is currently in the Games in Progress section."

Fucking moderators. Fuck off seriously. They delete the Minecraft section (as long as some others) and then they lock every thread! There can't be a 2b2t thread anymore!

I'm off from this website. I just used to watch how things were going but it has come to an end. Farewell Faceshit.

(User was permabanned for this post ("Can't function here" - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    So I found a sea temple last night which was cool but as soon as I touched it I got booted from the server and I cant stay logged in more then 10 seconds and can't use any items in my inventory. I must have tried 50 times last night. Keep getting server errors and remote port closed and all kinds of shit messages. I'm gonna try to get out tonight but if I can't I'm fucking stuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2014
    80 Posts
    "Server threads are not allowed in General Games Discussion. The 2b2t thread is currently in the Games in Progress section."

Fucking moderators. Fuck off seriously. They delete the Minecraft section (as long as some others) and then they lock every thread! There can't be a 2b2t thread anymore!

I'm off from this website. I just used to watch how things were going but it has come to an end. Farewell Faceshit.
    You see, this thread is fine. This thread is in the correct section. Too bad they locked it and banned OP as soon as it was made, for posting it in the wrong section when it never was in the wrong section. So I made the topic in what I thought was the correct section, but then it got locked for being in the wrong section. Then sato made a new thread cause my was locked with no explanation, then his was locked and he was banned for posting in the wrong section. Than this thread was re-opened for being in the correct section which it already was all along!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    August 2014
    11 Posts
    If only someone was working on a 2b2t forum with only a handful of main threads.
    Maybe if someone already made a blog they would work on that next...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    June 2014
    22 Posts
    Posting again in case anyone missed it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    August 2014
    11 Posts
    Okay I have to say a toast to Dino for that lovely OP. Best one yet I say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

April 2005
    17,487 Posts
    You see, this thread is fine. This thread is in the correct section. Too bad they locked it and banned OP as soon as it was made, for posting it in the wrong section when it never was in the wrong section. So I made the topic in what I thought was the correct section, but then it got locked for being in the wrong section. Then sato made a new thread cause my was locked with no explanation, then his was locked and he was banned for posting in the wrong section. Than this thread was re-opened for being in the correct section which it already was all along!

lol i dunno how you even managed to get shit that wrong but for clarity sake here's what actually happened:

This thread was never locked, nor was it originally posted in the right section. This is the server forum, it's where server threads go. Not the general games discussion forum which is where you discuss games. When dino made this thread in the games forum, we banned him for posting in the wrong section then moved the thread here so discussion could still continue. Then for some silly reason you guys kept spamming new duplicate threads back in the section we just moved his thread from lol. Threads do get locked for a reason, idk why you guys kept just remaking the exact same thread in the exact same section then acted surprised when it started to get you banned but regardless keep it to this thread from now on, and also learn to use the event log icons listed next to your flag icon and to also just contact moderators if you're really unsure about why we're doing something so confusion like this can be avoided.

Edited:

lol idk why you're throwing a tantrum over how we won't let you have a 2b2t thread when you're literally posting in the thread we set aside for you all, but hey if anyone else here doesn't like the way this forum is run (IE: no memes and no old image macros) feel free to let me know.

(also no sections were deleted, only merged together due to barely being used, and idk what you're on about in regards to locking every threads but I guess you're talking about the new autolock we added for threads that get too big. When a thread gets too big, it locks so people can make a new one. Simple as that lol)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    September 2014
    80 Posts
    lol i dunno how you even managed to get shit that wrong but for clarity sake here's what actually happened:

This thread was never locked, nor was it originally posted in the right section. This is the server forum, it's where server threads go. Not the general games discussion forum which is where you discuss games. When dino made this thread in the games forum, we banned him for posting in the wrong section then moved the thread here so discussion could still continue. Then for some silly reason you guys kept spamming new duplicate threads back in the section we just moved his thread from lol. Threads do get locked for a reason, idk why you guys kept just remaking the exact same thread in the exact same section then acted surprised when it started to get you banned but regardless keep it to this thread from now on, and also learn to use the event log icons listed next to your flag icon and to also just contact moderators if you're really unsure about why we're doing something so confusion like this can be avoided.
    When I checked this thread OP was banned, thread was locked, and located in this section. I guess I checked it at a wrong time then.. I'm certain this thread was locked at one point or another.

We recreated threads because this one was locked, and our other threads were locked with no explanation. Thanks for clearing it up but you need to lock with explanations so we know why it was locked in the first place. I had to email FP staff to know why they were locked and to find out what was going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

April 2005
    17,487 Posts
    When I checked this thread OP was banned, thread was locked, and located in this section. I guess I checked it at a wrong time then.. I'm certain this thread was locked at one point or another.

We recreated threads because this one was locked, and our other threads were locked with no explanation. Thanks for clearing it up but you need to lock with explanations so we know why it was locked in the first place.
    Then you were looking at the wrong thread. Again, use the event log. This thread was literally never locked, only moved to the right section at the same time that the ban was given.

Thanks for clearing it up but you need to lock with explanations so we know why it was locked in the first place.
    The ban reason on Sato did explain it, and your thread got locked for the reason 'duplicate' which also explained that one. The only thread that was just locked was the original 2b2t thread, but we then just moved the next one that got made to the right section so again I really don't think it should've been an issue if you guys weren't in such a hurry to quickly make more threads.

I had to email FP staff to know why they were locked and to find out what was going on.
    Why were you using email?? This forum has a private message feature like nearly any other forum. Just use that lol it'll be a lot faster. Use the event log, check who locked it, and then PM them if you're confused about something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Just sent a email to see if they can help me get out of the problem I'm having. Just tried when I got home and am still getting booted with server sync error messages and shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    September 2014
    80 Posts
    oh well \_(ツ)_/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

November 2013
    25 Posts
    I fear we have reached the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Still fucking stuck in purgatory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

November 2013
    25 Posts
    Still fucking stuck in purgatory
    If you are using a hacked client, go into single player and make sure all the hacks are turned off. Then try joining again. Or just try logging in with vanilla 1.8.1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Tried logging in with vanilla the last 2 days. Still no luck.

19. Post #19

November 2013
    25 Posts
    Tried logging in with vanilla the last 2 days. Still no luck.
    Tell me your coords and I'll build under you to stop the error.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    December 2014
    48 Posts
    Are you floating for some reason? That error usually takes a few seconds to register - it is an NCP thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    I'm standing on top of a ocean monument under water. It's like the whole chunk is lagged out. Can't break blocks, the guardians are frozen and can't use items in my inventory like a boat. Which I have tried to use a couple times. When it stays logged in long enough I can swim up but Nothing else is loaded just that chunk or chunks? That the monument is in. And then it boots me with the server sync messages and the port closed messages. I've even tried /kill just to get out of there and it doesn't even work.

Thanks for the help though guys. I guess my emails to the email on the website are just getting ignored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    December 2014
    48 Posts
    Sounds like 1.8 spigot is screwed up. If you do get ahold of hause, you could probably get him to teleport you out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Thanks for the help pyro and wizard. It all depends if I can get ahold of him at this point.

24. Post #24
    January 2013
    3,910 Posts
    To spawn you go

25. Post #25
    January 2015
    2 Posts
    this lag is fucking horrible, can't do anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Well it was bad after the switch to 1.8 I can just imagine what it is now

27. Post #27

November 2013
    25 Posts
    It's been bad for fucking 7 months but hausemaster the shitmaster is adamant its 1.8 even though the server hasn't even been on 1.8 for a week.

Like I get it hause, you don't care, or pretend to not care. But Jesus Christ if people are donating, keep your server in fucking order or at least let us know you are trying.

If you honestly don't care anymore, stop accepting donations, shut it down and release the map. Simple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,324 Posts
    It's been bad for fucking 7 months but hausemaster the shitmaster is adamant its 1.8 even though the server hasn't even been on 1.8 for a week.

Like I get it hause, you don't care, or pretend to not care. But Jesus Christ if people are donating, keep your server in fucking order or at least let us know you are trying.

If you honestly don't care anymore, stop accepting donations, shut it down and release the map. Simple.
    Who the fuck wants to download a 700+ gig map and host it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    December 2014
    48 Posts
    Who the fuck wants to download a 700+ gig map and host it?
    I'd do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree x 3Disagree x 3Friendly x 2Dumb x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

November 2013
    25 Posts
    New post up on the2b2t.blogspot.com - "Guest Post: The Tale of Valkyria: Part 1 - Sato86"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #31

November 2013
    25 Posts
    I was thinking. What 2b2t needs is a plugin that deletes chunk files that have had no alterations made. So chunks that don't have player placed blocks get deleted from the map until they get regenerated.

I reckon that will make the 800GB current map about 350GB, reducing the lag quite significantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Hause got back to me and thinks he fixed it. Have to log in tonight and see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Dennab
    September 2012
    35 Posts
    I was thinking. What 2b2t needs is a plugin that deletes chunk files that have had no alterations made. So chunks that don't have player placed blocks get deleted from the map until they get regenerated.

I reckon that will make the 800GB current map about 350GB, reducing the lag quite significantly.
    There are plenty of completely untouched chunks right at my base. I don't want to log in one day and see them replaced by some ugly slices of rock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34

November 2013
    25 Posts
    There are plenty of completely untouched chunks right at my base. I don't want to log in one day and see them replaced by some ugly slices of rock
    I think you misunderstand my point perhaps. They will only be removed when no one is online and near them. If they are in your render area, they won't go away. Its only once you log off they will be removed.

The only issue where this will arise is where people base in old terrain.

Actually that's a pretty bad idea as it would obliterate spawn.

Carry on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Hause got me out last night. So back to building more useless shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    A Huge Faggot
    Dennab
    June 2005
    370 Posts

the size of the map has nothing to do with the lag, what are you smoking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Then what's the cause of the lag then?

38. Post #38

November 2013
    25 Posts

Pls donate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,324 Posts

Pls donate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Dennab
    September 2014
    48 Posts
    Donated 10 bucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Useful Useful x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)