1. Post #1
    You can't expect the universe and its entire contents to be contained within the confines of a tent.
    February 2008
    2,258 Posts

Nintendo's 8th generation handheld, the 3DS, has reached a new milestone to close out 2014. The platform has managed to sell more than 50 million units worldwide. The 3DS is the first platform of the generation to reach the milestone. Looking back at yearly sales for the handheld, Nintendo sold 12.56 million units in its first year in 2011. In 2012 the 3DS sold 13.48 million, while the handheld peaked in 2013 with sales of 13.37 million units. Nintendo sold 9.56 million 3DS' in 2014.
    Source:
    http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2528...hit-milestone/
    http://n4g.com/news/1654933/3ds-sale...-hit-milestone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Starred x 52Dumb x 2Friendly x 2Funny x 1Agree x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,590 Posts
    and PS Vita is just about to hit 10m
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 33Friendly Friendly x 12Informative Informative x 1Starred Starred x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,302 Posts
    I have to say it is a very nice handheld, I bought one a year ago. Although I wish I would play more on it than I actually do.

One gripe is that there could be a larger diversity of games, of course you have excellent and solid titles but I feel like there should be more rpgs or roguelikes, heck even more turn-based strategy games. It would fit very well for the 3ds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

4. Post #4
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    I have to say it is a very nice handheld, I bought one a year ago. Although I wish I would play more on it than I actually do.

One gripe is that there could be a larger diversity of games, of course you have excellent and solid titles but I feel like there should be more rpgs or roguelikes, heck even more turn-based strategy games. It would fit very well for the 3ds.
    would benefit from advance wars and FF tactics advance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2013
    1,660 Posts
    Metroid 3DS pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,617 Posts
    Dark Conflict was a bit shite though, Dual Strike was better. If they release another I kinda hope the go back to that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    RUDE MEANIE
    December 2011
    2,887 Posts
    A new Wario Land would be greatly appreciated too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

8. Post #8
    [img][b][color=red]Fuck this isnt HTML[/color][/b][/img]
    February 2009
    3,063 Posts
    I was skeptical about getting my first 3DS being that the Vita is a more impressive piece of hardware. Then the games you buy on any Nintendo console all starting coming out, and it made sense to buy it then.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,892 Posts
    Update the hardware please
    And the software
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    [img][b][color=red]Fuck this isnt HTML[/color][/b][/img]
    February 2009
    3,063 Posts
    Update the hardware please
    And the software
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Nintendo_3DS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 8Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    And now we got New 3DS coming out with better hardware. Which I plan on getting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,537 Posts
    Happy sales, blow out the region lock and make a better account system

I mean blow out the candles and make a wish

(also pls bring normal N3DS to states)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    You can't expect the universe and its entire contents to be contained within the confines of a tent.
    February 2008
    2,258 Posts
    New 3DS is worth the upgrade. Purchased one back in November when they first came out in Australia as a bunch of online shops imported it to the UK. The C-Stick is nice to have and it massively helps games like Snake Eater and Resident Evil: Revelations alot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    14,806 Posts
    Nintendo is dying guys, they'll neve last another few years, just like the last twenty years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 27Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    December 2011
    114 Posts
    I just really hope that the regular new 3DS and not just the XL gets released in America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #16
    I think it's possible they'll change their mind about not bringing the regular size n3DS but might have to wait until after the release.

17. Post #17
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    3,656 Posts
    I think it's possible they'll change their mind about not bringing the regular size n3DS but might have to wait until after the release.
    Knowing Nintendo, we're gonna be waiting 6 months to a year for that. By then I'll have caved :(

Edited:

I've gotta find some extra shit to trade in to Gamestop or the game store I work at for it, I've got a broken 3DS XL that I'm gonna repair, but I don't have a lot more and I'm gonna be paying a buttload of money for a system I don't even want (seriously, I want those damn faceplates and I'm gonna still use my old 3DS XL)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,880 Posts
    They're about to get more if you ask me. I can't vouch for others, but I'm damn determined to get the new 3DS when it comes out in NA. I got the first generation 3DS and mine is beginning to show its age. Tons of wear and tear, on top of it being harder and harder to charge even with different chargers and outlets.

I'll be delighted to get a new 3DS as soon as I can. I'd love to get that majora's mask bundle or monster hunter 4 bundle.

Also, what somebody else said, metroid 3DS please.

19. Post #19
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    19,241 Posts
    I still haven't bought any of the post-DS devices, just haven't seen any point.
    They cost too much for what they are, when a smartphone that costs as much provides way more functionality.
    I guess it's worth it if you like whatever exclusives the platform has, I'm a bit annoyed at not being able to play the new Pokemon games, but buying a handheld for one game series isn't worth it for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,827 Posts
    I'm pretty miffed that the Call of Duty devs essentially left the nintendo handheld market for dead after the release of MW3 Defiance; I actually really enjoyed the fps's for the original DS and I had high hopes that we would be seeing new COD handheld titles that weren't limited to < 2048 polygons or whatever the limit was for the NDS. I suppose I wouldn't be as irritated if they had left earlier but comeon, at the time of MW3's development for the NDS the 3DS was right around the corner

Now we're looking at a handheld with no notable FPS's that is perfectly suited for them. IMO they should make something like a remastered Metroid Prime Hunters or something for the 3DS/2DS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,880 Posts
    I still haven't bought any of the post-DS devices, just haven't seen any point.
    They cost too much for what they are, when a smartphone that costs as much provides way more functionality.
    I guess it's worth it if you like whatever exclusives the platform has, I'm a bit annoyed at not being able to play the new Pokemon games, but buying a handheld for one game series isn't worth it for me.
    I know my recommendation probably won't sell you on the system, but there are TONS more good games on the 3DS than just pokemon.

There are enough good games on the system to pay for the system itself. I've had mine for 3 years and I haven't regretted a thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    5,534 Posts

Get bravely default and fire emblem, really good turn based RPG and Strategy games.

Though yeah, I agree that we need WAY more of those types of games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,302 Posts
    Get bravely default and fire emblem, really good turn based RPG and Strategy games.

Though yeah, I agree that we need WAY more of those types of games.
    Bravely Default is still on my list but I'm not sure if I sure get it. The anime is strong in that one.

There are also good Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey games available that are worth the money.

I wish it more turn-based strategy.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,183 Posts
    Bravely Default is still on my list but I'm not sure if I sure get it. The anime is strong in that one.

There are also good Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey games available that are worth the money.

Bravely Default and Fire Emblem Awakening were my first purchases after I acquired a Pokémon X edition of the 2DS, all worth the money imo.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,789 Posts
    And you guys said Nintendo is Doom. Hah, the sales of the 3DS boosted mostly due to Pokemon, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Persona and New Super Mario bros games. Oh lets not forget, the upcoming Majora's Mask and Rhythm Heaven 3DS. Nintendo just need to churn out good games to entice more people to buy their 3DS and Wii U.

Now if only they can get rid of region lock, they would sell even more consoles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    churboi austin
    Dennab
    October 2007
    14,715 Posts
    I'm pretty miffed that the Call of Duty devs essentially left the nintendo handheld market for dead after the release of MW3 Defiance; I actually really enjoyed the fps's for the original DS and I had high hopes that we would be seeing new COD handheld titles that weren't limited to < 2048 polygons or whatever the limit was for the NDS. I suppose I wouldn't be as irritated if they had left earlier but comeon, at the time of MW3's development for the NDS the 3DS was right around the corner

Now we're looking at a handheld with no notable FPS's that is perfectly suited for them. IMO they should make something like a remastered Metroid Prime Hunters or something for the 3DS/2DS
    Moon Remastered?

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    748 Posts
    fuck advance wars. neotanks spam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,210 Posts
    My last nintendo handheld was a DS lite.

I'm thinking of buying the "new nintendo 3ds xl", which comes out soon.

To me 200$ seems really cheap, I guess when you get a job 200$ changes from an insurmountable mountain to a small hill (depending on bills and paychecks).

The games are still too expensive though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,808 Posts
    I have a 2DS and a DS Lite. I really want a New 3DS though. That upgrade just seems so worth it.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member

March 2010
    6,782 Posts

Shin Megami Tensi IV is fucking god tier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    September 2014
    82 Posts
    I have a 2DS and a DS Lite. I really want a New 3DS though. That upgrade just seems so worth it.
    Go for the XL, if you can get the extra cash for it. The screen doesn't seem like that much, but it is.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,656 Posts
    I'm mad that they called the new console New 3DS. Seriously, so many people are going to be confused by this (namely gift buyers) - example conversation:

Them: I'm looking to buy a nintendo handheld
    Me: The New 3DS just came out recently!
    Them: I already got them a 3DS a few months ago
    Me: No... the new one is called New 3DS
    Them: But I just got it for them!
    Me: ...

Should've went with Super 3DS or 3DS 64

33. Post #33
    December 2012
    1,189 Posts
    Dark Conflict was a bit shite though, Dual Strike was better. If they release another I kinda hope the go back to that.
    Dark Conflict was pretty good imo; one of the more balanced titles. Dual Strike on the other hand...
    Absurd balance issues. IMO a remake of 2 would be the best option, most fans consider that the best in the series.

34. Post #34

February 2005
    1,960 Posts
    I miss Advance Wars so fucking much. What HAS Intelligent Systems been up to aside from churning out a lot of Fire Emblem games lately?

New 3DS is worth the upgrade. Purchased one back in November when they first came out in Australia as a bunch of online shops imported it to the UK. The C-Stick is nice to have and it massively helps games like Snake Eater and Resident Evil: Revelations alot.
    I'm waiting for the new Monster Hunter to come out to get the New XL. I HAD a Japanese LL (XL) that was a special edition Black Goa, my ex swiped it when she moved out of the house sadly. I was going to Guts swap with a 'murican XL so I had the awesome shell and play with my friends since it's region locked.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    a cervine
    May 2008
    5,314 Posts
    I know my recommendation probably won't sell you on the system, but there are TONS more good games on the 3DS than just pokemon.

There are enough good games on the system to pay for the system itself. I've had mine for 3 years and I haven't regretted a thing.
    also amazing thing to remember there are bunch of amazing regular ds games that you can play on 3ds

36. Post #36
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,974 Posts
    I think I'm gonna skip new 3ds and i'm just going to get the next handheld instead.

Knowing Nintendo, I'll give it a year before new 3ds xl 2.0 64
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    10,294 Posts
    I'll wait for a decent limited edition. Which, honestly, is unlikely, since the only one I really liked was the Zelda one with OoT, if they keep the trend. Or at least some more colour options.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    687 Posts
    im waiting for the 4dscunt that warps spacetime and fucks shit up legit

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts
    I'm mad that they called the new console New 3DS. Seriously, so many people are going to be confused by this (namely gift buyers) - example conversation:

Them: I'm looking to buy a nintendo handheld
    Me: The New 3DS just came out recently!
    Them: I already got them a 3DS a few months ago
    Me: No... the new one is called New 3DS
    Them: But I just got it for them!
    Me: ...

Should've went with Super 3DS or 3DS 64
    The thing is, it all works in the japanese market- if you were to read a press release with これは単にいくつか New 3DS のテストたわごとで、それを翻訳心配し Wii U ないでください。", what would stick out to you more? Of course, this all goes to shit when in english speaking markets, but it's a good idea inhouse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,880 Posts
    also amazing thing to remember there are bunch of amazing regular ds games that you can play on 3ds
    This is true, but I had way more fun with the 3DS games to be honest. I didn't play very many DS games other than various mario and pokemon games.