1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    6,754 Posts
    What kind of dick doesn't tip a delivery guy. Jesus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    June 2014
    463 Posts
    I love how this completely blew up in their face, all if they just didn't upload it like idiots and hope everyone would side with them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,512 Posts
    Being a pizza delivery guy myself, it warms my heart that so many people care about this stuff and are actually willing to donate money to this guy. Sometimes, when I encounter assholes like this, it really ruins my day, and sometimes my entire week. I'll never understand what drives some people to be so hateful toward people that they don't even know.
    Speaking from someone who orders pizza as often as I can afford it, I love you guys. Just a few days ago I had Dominos delivered, they're always super freaking nice, the guy started talking about birds with me. To make up for all the crap they deal with other people, I try to tip 25-40%.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44

July 2012
    1,425 Posts
    Speaking from someone who orders pizza as often as I can afford it, I love you guys. Just a few days ago I had Dominos delivered, they're always super freaking nice, the guy started talking about birds with me. To make up for all the crap they deal with other people, I try to tip 25-40%.
    I don't know what Dominoes costs in America.
    But when I pay 20 for 2 pizza's I'm not tipping 8...

Also, tipping isn't all that usual here. You pay what it costs, and the guy gets paid by his boss.
    Think minimum wages are also higher here than in the States though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #45
    September 2013
    6,300 Posts
    I always like to be nice to the delivery guys, mainly because they have to take orders and drive around all day and night, and don't get paid for shit. I feel bad for them, you know?

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,693 Posts
    Holy shit, they raised over 5k on his GoFundMe page! That's amazing

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,523 Posts
    I wish I could afford to order pizza and tip. Cant really blow $15 on pizza and soda with a $5 tip more than once a month.

8. Post #48
    June 2012
    819 Posts
    Jesus christ their Yelp page is now a goldmine
    I Rented this place out for my sons 6th birthday. He really likes the Pixar Movie, "Cars", So after a quick google of Cars & Pizza, I thought for sure I had found just the place!

When I arrived at F&R Auto Sales, I was a little concerned that the manager looked like a fat version of the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt and how it might scare my son and his friends, but the venue was too good to pass up and the price was right. Also, he mentioned how he could record all the video, audio and everything of the whole event and stream it to youtube at no extra cost! WHAT A DEAL! That meant I could kick back and enjoy the party instead of going around and filming the whole thing like a dingus!

Needless to say, I booked the place for that Saturday, which worked out cause Bort's B-day was that following Monday. A few hours into the party everything was going great. The owner even made his workers dress in clown costumes to liven up the place for the kids, although the fat black guy seemed a bit too into it scaring the kids and all. He kept going up to the children saying "I WANT YOUR JOB! GIMME YOUR JOB!!!" all creepy like, but some of the other dads got a good kick out of it so i can't really complain.

Everything was going swimmingly until the entertainment was over and the kids started getting hungry. The Pizzas were supposed to show up at 2:30 just after the shadow puppets, but it was 3:15 and no sight of pizzas. It came as a package deal with the rental, so I went to the manager to find out what was going on. It turned out that the person they sent to get the pizzas stopped at the grocery store and accidentally gave the cashier an extra $139, all in single dollar bills, on accident which was supposed to pay for the pizzas!!! The manager said he knew of a place he could get a "good deal" so he ordered from another place and in no more than 20 minutes later, all 6 pizzas showed up.

The Delivery driver was a really swell guy which is why I felt really bad for what happened next. When the Delivery driver arrived to the door, they locked it and proceeded to put in a DVD of "Angels With Dirty Faces" on. This seemed familiar but I let it play out as we had all been waiting on our food for over an hour. They made it appear as if the customer purchasing the pizzas was a mobster yelling at some guy named "Snakes". After Telling him to "leave it on the doorstep and get the hell outta here" they threw firecrackers into a cardboard box to simulate gun shots which then sent the driver off scared for his life. The poor guy.

All in All, My son had a blast and I would recommend this place for anyone interested in a Cars themed Pizza Party for their kids!
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/f-and-r-auto-sales-westport
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    11,182 Posts
    i'm so close to this place that i'm tempted to go pretend to buy a used car just to ask about the foot in ass deal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,118 Posts
    Being a pizza delivery guy myself, it warms my heart that so many people care about this stuff and are actually willing to donate money to this guy. Sometimes, when I encounter assholes like this, it really ruins my day, and sometimes my entire week. I'll never understand what drives some people to be so hateful toward people that they don't even know.
    Because haha loser my economical situation is better than your-

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,693 Posts
    Haha they issued an apology!

Subject: F AND R AUTO SALES

ON BEHALF OF THE OWNER WHO WAS NOT PRESENT DURING THE TAPING OF THIS VIDEO AND MANAGEMENT WE WILL LIKE TO PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE FOR THE ACTIONS THAT LED TO THIS SITUATION, THIS EMBARRASSING VIDEO GONE VIRAL ON THE INTERNET, WAS NOT RELEASED BY ANY EMPLOYEE OF F AND R AUTO SALES. IN ADDITION TO THIS APOLOGY THE OWNER AND PROPRIETOR WILL LIKE TO OFFER A CASH DONATION TO THE DELIVERY MAN IN THE VIDEO. THE ACTIONS OF THE FEMALE LED TO HER TERMINATION AND THE OTHER GENTLEMAN THAT WAS BELITTLING THE MAN IN THE VIDEO WAS NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF F AND R AUTO SALES AND HAD NO PERMISSION OR AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE ANY SECURITY FOOTAGE FROM F AND R AUTO SALES. WE ARE CURRENTLY STRAIGHTENING OUT MATTERS ON THAT BEHALF .

YOURS SINCERELY,

GARY BATISTA
    SALES MANAGER
    F AND R AUTO SALES
    Edited:

Yeah, "was not released by any employee"... one of them released it, and took it down their YouTube page once it's gone viral and reposted to LiveLeak! Fuckers.

Proof:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    March 2011
    3,620 Posts
    Hopefully people will stop harassing the auto dealership now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,693 Posts

Edited:

Also, this parody FB page is comedy gold, hahah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

14. Post #54
    June 2009
    191 Posts
    The BBB page for F and R auto is a mess. 36 complaints, all very serious problems, dating back to 2012.

Just reading the complaints and the businesses response is killing me. They're shit bags with shit eating grins.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,693 Posts
    Oh they're going down, that's for damn sure.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,838 Posts
    I still don't get why they handed over 2 fives. It could only have been for a tip. That's the only reason a reasonable person could do it!

I guess I've solved it after all.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    6,820 Posts
    The woman from the video spoke on the phone to the radio a while ago - here.

Along with the typical "I'm sorry for acting like a douche" statement, she said that they were letting her go for a week until 'it blew over', and to not talk to the media, etc.

She also described the auto sales company to be a 'trashy scummy place' and that she probably won't be going back to work there.

18. Post #58
    Dennab
    January 2011
    6,891 Posts
    This Company will fail unless they do a 180 but then again they where dumb to even post this video.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,094 Posts
    Sometimes I give the cashier $25 for something that's $15, but that's only because they were running out of fives

20. Post #60
    June 2008
    1,247 Posts
    Literally over $25,000 on GoFundMe... what an age we live in now

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,376 Posts
    Such a nice guy

Nice to see that he's doing ok after
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #62
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,960 Posts
    What a bunch of cheap cunts, who the fuck doesn't tip the delivery person.
    People that live in countries with a different culture than yours, for instance
    Tipping people isn't really a thing here at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    February 2009
    14,615 Posts
    I don't know what Dominoes costs in America.
    But when I pay 20 for 2 pizza's I'm not tipping 8...

Also, tipping isn't all that usual here. You pay what it costs, and the guy gets paid by his boss.
    Think minimum wages are also higher here than in the States though.
    Tipping is an American thing I'm pretty sure.

I've never given anyone a tip in my whole life and no one expects you to. At the best you put your change into the tip jar at the front of the restaurant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    6,754 Posts
    ok at no point was anyone acting like people in countries where tipping isnt a thing were bad or whatever

no need to point it out we get that you guys think you're better than us ignorant americans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,573 Posts
    http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/01...shaming-video/

Are they seriously out of business? I hope so, I really do.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,659 Posts
    The whole tipping culture in the US is kinda shit tbh
    Tipping should be a reward for excellent service, not something expected

I mean, you shouldn't HAVE to tip somebody for them to get their minimum wage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    GOLF
    August 2012
    1,585 Posts
    The whole tipping culture in the US is kinda shit tbh
    Tipping should be a reward for excellent service, not something expected

I mean, you shouldn't HAVE to tip somebody for them to get their minimum wage
    you should only tip for excellent service? what do you want the delivery guy to do a triple back flip and kneel before you as he hands you your pizza? delivery guys drive to your house to give you what you've ordered, the money you pay for the food etc goes to the company, and a (small) percentage of that goes to the delivery guy, you don't HAVE to tip them but come on, it's a dick move not to

when your job is to make deliveries you rely on tips more than your actual wages
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,076 Posts
    Not been following this really closely, but are we sure he will get the money in the end? To me it sounds like someone else is raising it and it seems a little fishy. It's great that so many people are willing to support him but if someone runs of with the donations it wouldn't help him much.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,122 Posts
    Well, no wonder he's a jerk with an ugly family like that. I mean, jesus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    3,653 Posts
    you should only tip for excellent service? what do you want the delivery guy to do a triple back flip and kneel before you as he hands you your pizza? delivery guys drive to your house to give you what you've ordered, the money you pay for the food etc goes to the company, and a (small) percentage of that goes to the delivery guy, you don't HAVE to tip them but come on, it's a dick move not to

when your job is to make deliveries you rely on tips more than your actual wages
    the problem with it mostly lies on shitty employers who abuse the system and give people $3-$5 wages, which they are legally allowed to do because tipped wages are lower than regular wages. see
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,694 Posts
    Which is exactly why it's a shit practice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    6,820 Posts
    thanks for the view on something more than thousands of people do here

maybe now that i realize me giving extra money to people who do their job such as pizza delivery guys and waitresses at restaurants is a shit thing to do and that i'm contributing to this horrible problem, i'll stop tipping people like this from now on.

i'll be considered an ass, but its because its a shit practice, right?
    maybe the people hiring these guys will suddenly lean over to give them more money into their wages now that they realize they aren't getting paid enough by the people they deliver to either!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,694 Posts
    I never said that tipping itself is a shit practice, but the reason why you have to do it there is. Tips shouldn't affect minimum wage.

Me thinking that people should get proper minimum wage despite tips is fucking outrageous right, I'm such an asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #74
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,960 Posts
    thanks for the view on something more than thousands of people do here

maybe now that i realize me giving extra money to people who do their job such as pizza delivery guys and waitresses at restaurants is a shit thing to do and that i'm contributing to this horrible problem, i'll stop tipping people like this from now on.

i'll be considered an ass, but its because its a shit practice, right?
    maybe the people hiring these guys will suddenly lean over to give them more money into their wages now that they realize they aren't getting paid enough by the people they deliver to either!
    You got it all backwards.
    Tipping affecting your minimum wage is a bad thing, as you have to rely on tip.
    the act of actually tipping people isn't a bad thing, that's a very nice thing, but again it shouldn't be expected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    8,924 Posts
    Minimum wage in normal circumstances isn't optional. Tipping is optional. That right there is why lowering minimum wage for 'tipped' occupations shouldn't be allowed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #76
    GOLF
    August 2012
    1,585 Posts
    you say that as if i said it wasn't.

i'm saying they get fucked over on their wages, tipping helps them a lot

37. Post #77
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,258 Posts
    Well, no wonder he's a jerk with an ugly family like that. I mean, jesus.
    Come on man, the dude may be an asshole, but his family didn't do anything. Leave his actions to himself, not his family members.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    5,389 Posts
    Tipping is an American thing I'm pretty sure.

I've never given anyone a tip in my whole life and no one expects you to. At the best you put your change into the tip jar at the front of the restaurant.
    That is because our minimum wage is enough that we can survive without tips. The US on the other hand is a different story, their minimum wage is shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)