1. Post #441
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,043 Posts
    Yes, but how is a rookie supposed to afford a scout alt?
    Long term players would just make random new accounts to scout for intel, sit in system for 30 days then make a new one.

2. Post #442

May 2013
    110 Posts
    Long term players would just make random new accounts to scout for intel, sit in system for 30 days then make a new one.
    I think there was some miscommunication on my part, my apologies. I meant that the main problem with exploring a trial account is lack of cloak, which makes it hard for them to survive. Not that we should change it, I was just making a comment on how it's a shortcoming for exploration on a trial account.

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,796 Posts
    Exploration long term is not advisable on a trial account, but for some isk to get started I found it pretty handy.

4. Post #444
    Dennab
    December 2013
    3,958 Posts
    http://community.eveonline.com/news/...es-for-carnyx/

Marauder pilots will find several new appearance options in the New Eden Store
    Amarr Paladin - Blood Raider SKIN
    Caldari Golem - Kaalakiota SKIN
    Gallente Kronos - Police SKIN
    Minmatar Vargur - Thukker Tribe SKIN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #445
    My stomach was making the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
    April 2010
    1,168 Posts
    I am so stoked for that Police Skin. Hopefully the Ishtar is next to get one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #446

March 2011
    172 Posts
    Yes, but how is a rookie supposed to afford a scout alt?
    don't be a trail account then you can use a cloak, thing is to be sneaky with a cloak, you need cloaking 4 so you can use covert ops cloak (warp while cloaked) with that you can survive all low sec camps.

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,062 Posts
    Amarr Paladin - Blood Raider SKIN

8. Post #448
    I HAVE AN UNUSUALLY SMALL PENIS AND MY POSTS ARE TERRIBLE
    June 2008
    3,777 Posts

Oh god whats wrong with eyes!

9. Post #449
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,043 Posts

Oh god whats wrong with eyes!
    Spotted the booty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

10. Post #450

May 2013
    110 Posts
    Here comes the Jackdaw!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #451
    June 2010
    560 Posts
    Is there space for completely new players?

Will I be able to enjoy it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,511 Posts

i was new in 2013 and enjoyed it why would you not?

& yes yes

13. Post #453
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,376 Posts

Depends what you mean by space.

If you mean 'Can people still join and still have an impact on things' then yes.

If you mean in a more literal sense 'is there a space for new people away from the gankers and scammers' then sort of, the starting systems are fairly out of the way, but you're still in the same place and people can still ruin your day.

How much you enjoy the game however is determined by what you do.

14. Post #454
    June 2010
    846 Posts
    So I just resubbed after being away for 3 years. Wanted to buy a Golem and saw they're 1.2b now, and pirate battleships look like they're much cheaper. The Mach is around 500m (used to be 1b+).

Anyone know what caused the change? Marauders were much cheaper than they are now.

15. Post #455
    Dennab
    December 2013
    3,958 Posts
    So I just resubbed after being away for 3 years. Wanted to buy a Golem and saw they're 1.2b now, and pirate battleships look like they're much cheaper. The Mach is around 500m (used to be 1b+).

Anyone know what caused the change? Marauders were much cheaper than they are now.
    ccp kicked pirate ships in the nuts, and unfucked marauders.

seriously, marauders are nasty now.

16. Post #456
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,261 Posts

Farming of faction missions, Marauders mostly tracked with inflation and started getting actually used after being revamped.

17. Post #457
    April 2007
    939 Posts

It's pretty simple. CCP increased escalation chances so the supply of pirate ships doubled overnight and that's why everything pirate-related has been decreasing ever since.

As for the price of marauders, it's part because there's a bigger demand but also as you mentioned inflation. Moon material prices are forever increasing and there's ALOT of conflict in null-sec these days because of fozziesov and that's been making some of the inaccessible materials such as the r64s and very useful r32s prices spike incredibly.

TL;DR
    market forces

18. Post #458
    Dennab
    May 2007
    213 Posts
    EVE Online Show seems to have revealed [I didn't watch it] that the tech 3 gallente destroyer will come with the next update, combat probing has been nerfed [for FC's at least], new missile modules and a slight unnerf of heavy missiles, some more module tiericide, battlecruiser balancing and some Ishtar changes.

19. Post #459

May 2013
    110 Posts
    EVE Online Show seems to have revealed [I didn't watch it] that the tech 3 gallente destroyer will come with the next update, combat probing has been nerfed [for FC's at least], new missile modules and a slight unnerf of heavy missiles, some more module tiericide, battlecruiser balancing and some Ishtar changes.
    The combat probing nerf is really going to upset wormhole hunting and fighting. No more synchronized fleet warps to wormholes or dropping on bears without a scout on site.

20. Post #460
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,123 Posts
    The combat probing nerf is really going to upset wormhole hunting and fighting. No more synchronized fleet warps to wormholes or dropping on bears without a scout on site.
    It's the way CCP does everything, change the way everything works to fix one problem. Sure, it makes bomb runs less successful since you now need a scout on field to warp to, but it makes everything that relies on fleet probing of any kind more annoying.

21. Post #461
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,654 Posts
    what's the short version of this nerf?

22. Post #462
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,123 Posts
    what's the short version of this nerf?
    You can no longer initiate fleet warp to signatures.

23. Post #463
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,654 Posts
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #464
    Dennab
    December 2010
    1,199 Posts
    So, i don't really know how common this is, but i had 2 Apollo Tyrannos and 2 Artemis Tyranno's in my mining site when they randomly jumped in.

25. Post #465

May 2013
    110 Posts
    So, i don't really know how common this is, but i had 2 Apollo Tyrannos and 2 Artemis Tyranno's in my mining site when they randomly jumped in.

They'll warp to belts, stations, gates, practically every celestial. They also seem to be centered around Amarr space. I don't think they'll shoot you assuming you've never shot a drifter battleship or Circadian Seeker, or have an entosis link fitted.

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,785 Posts
    I just joined a big fight the first time, and holy shit everything is in slow mo.

27. Post #467
    July 2007
    275 Posts
    I just joined a big fight the first time, and holy shit everything is in slow mo.
    sounds gay

28. Post #468
    April 2007
    939 Posts
    FC, tidi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,372 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #470
    January 2012
    81 Posts
    bought a Nestor
    I don't know why I wasted most of my incursion money on it
    but I did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Belgium Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #471
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,043 Posts
    Oh my~

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

32. Post #472

May 2013
    110 Posts
    I really don't like them. The Minmatar might use old, out-dated equipment without much maintenance, but they're not supposed to fly shipping containers. I've really dislike a lot of the new designs, way too much focus on geometrically complicated lines. Keep the designs simple, I don't need a 1000 different planes on my ships.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,043 Posts
    I love the new concepts because they remind me of hawken before it was a shit fest F2P :)

34. Post #474
    July 2007
    471 Posts
    I love the new concepts

Except the thrasher's

Leave it alone or at least keep its iconic looking forecastle

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,383 Posts
    Took my Nemesis out on its first fleet operation today with some Unistas.

I'm in love with this thing.

36. Post #476
    I HAVE AN UNUSUALLY SMALL PENIS AND MY POSTS ARE TERRIBLE
    June 2008
    3,777 Posts
    I was liquidating my assets all around new Eden in my manticore and I was talking to a friend and didn't notice a saber on a gate and got shamfully decloaked and popped.

Edited:

Texting kills you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,662 Posts
    Ain't it much safer (not to mention quicker) to do that in an interceptor due them being bubble-immune insta-warping space taxis now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,785 Posts
    the game has changed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,172 Posts
    Ooh. I should do that. I have an extra tablet lying around too.

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,785 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)