1. Post #3001
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,855 Posts
    I can't imagine playing BF4 without small med pack.
    Small med pack gives you and teammates huge Mobility.

Edited:

W:ET with True Combat Elite mod. Anyone ever used to play that?
    It was neat, It reminded me a bit of Soldier Of Fortune... but It was great nevertheless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3002
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    3,175 Posts
    We need Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Remastered.
    I don't want a remaster, I just want the game back on Steam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3003
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,555 Posts
    the comparison to DB or enemy territory is bizarre because bf4 doesn't have a competitive bone in it's body

in fact it might be the least competitive fps I've ever played, eclipsing any of the CoD games, even silly stuff like loadout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

4. Post #3004
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    the comparison to DB or enemy territory is bizarre because bf4 doesn't have a competitive bone in it's body

in fact it might be the least competitive fps I've ever played, eclipsing any of the CoD games, even silly stuff like loadout
    Loadout had everything in place to be a comp game. Lack of support killed it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3005
    Brought to you by the letter B
    December 2006
    10,978 Posts

Competitive COD will always be a big joke. It's like 2vs2 domination, it's ridiculous.

Battlefield won't be competitive because you can't really gather two teams of 32 people each easily and it's difficult to balance so many vehicles on so many different maps and gamemodes. Plus most of the time it's not really that interesting to watch.

So it can't be not because it's not a good game but just because the format won't allow it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events

6. Post #3006
    Gold Member

August 2013
    2,599 Posts

Amazing video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

7. Post #3007
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,555 Posts
    Competitive COD will always be a big joke. It's like 2vs2 domination, it's ridiculous.

Battlefield won't be competitive because you can't really gather two teams of 32 people each easily and it's difficult to balance so many vehicles on so many different maps and gamemodes. Plus most of the time it's not really that interesting to watch.

So it can't be not because it's not a good game but just because the format won't allow it.
    when I say competitive I'm not necessarily talking about e-sports

the hallmark of a competitive shooter is that skill reigns supreme. no crutches, no rng etc. not to mention good visibility and decent netcode

bf4 is an absolute clusterfuck. it falls short on every single point above. that's not to say non competitive is bad - bf4 is fun in it's own way. but the comparison to a shooter like dirty bomb is absurd

ironically despite the fact that vehicles are OP as fuck, some kind of all vehicle mode would be pretty competitive, since there can be a lot of strategy and tactics to vehicle engagements
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

8. Post #3008
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,102 Posts

Was quite impressive what they squeezed out of that
    Speaking about Wolfenstein:ET, how cool would it be if Battlefield had an objective based gamemode?
    Battlefield 1942 kind of had this. In the map Battle of Britain the Germans had to bomb certain objectives while the British had to defend them.
    But I'm thinking of a more sophisticated objective based gamemode like in wolfenstein, with multiple objectives per map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #3009
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    32,931 Posts

I've never been interested in Call of Duty competitive gameplay but I was watching some Black Ops 3 tournament play and it was pretty fucking impressive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

10. Post #3010
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,855 Posts
    Speaking about Wolfenstein:ET, how cool would it be if Battlefield had an objective based gamemode?
    Battlefield 1942 kind of had this. In the map Battle of Britain the Germans had to bomb certain objectives while the British had to defend them.
    But I'm thinking of a more sophisticated objective based gamemode like in wolfenstein, with multiple objectives per map.
    Rush mode (?)
    There aren't many games that allows player to become a Medic. Not anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #3011
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    359 Posts

I want to disagree because I see competitive elements such as rush and conquest small / domination, but yes I would have to agree at the same time that the format is a little awkward to work with. I've searched for leagues and teams to play with for months but it's not a very populated scene it seems. This is the ps4 though. I don't know how PC is, though I can imagine it being a better chance there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

12. Post #3012
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    9,207 Posts
    I feel like I remember watching a competitive Titan mode game on Gamespot like 7-8 years ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

13. Post #3013
    Gold Member

August 2013
    2,599 Posts
    Tanking is what makes this game great.

>> http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...560/393161890/

Especially when the enemy team is salty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #3014
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,855 Posts
    Russian Kalasnikov weapons has the best Iron Sight.

I've recently unlocked F-2000 and the Iron Sight of that gun is massive. It's harder to aim with it than I thought.

15. Post #3015
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    751 Posts

I've recently unlocked F-2000 and the Iron Sight of that gun is massive. It's harder to aim with it than I thought.
    I can't not use the factory standard sight on the F2000, anything else feels wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #3016
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts

use the 1.6x optic or a red dot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #3017
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    301 Posts
    Kobra is the best RDS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Europe Show Events

18. Post #3018
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,855 Posts
    use the 1.6x optic or a red dot
    I think F2000 will be an exception for my standards (Iron Sight Only).
    But I will try.

19. Post #3019
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,855 Posts

This is possible the first gameplay montage I've made in After Effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

20. Post #3020
    December 2006
    10,978 Posts
    that seems about right

21. Post #3021
    May 2011
    356 Posts
    Haven't posted here in quite some time.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

22. Post #3022
    December 2006
    10,978 Posts
    I hate it when people post .webm videos because half the time they're broken for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3023
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,136 Posts
    I hate it when people post .webm videos because half the time they're broken for me.
    bad codec
    libvorbis used is five years out of date

also funny
    encoded date is six years ago

chrome still plays them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 3DS Australia Show Events

24. Post #3024
    May 2011
    356 Posts
    What's a good alternative? I used to upload that kind of stuff to youtube, but it started to get messy.

Also isn't the new installment going to be revealed tomorrow or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

25. Post #3025
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,136 Posts
    What's a good alternative? I used to upload that kind of stuff to youtube, but it started to get messy.

Also isn't the new installment going to be revealed tomorrow or something.
    I still upload mine to youtube, nvidia shadowplay overlay has video crop and upload
    but really, only need a decent ffmpeg optionset, small file sizes work great for web as well

Youtube just makes it easier because they do multiple renders for each quality, and decent cdn for faster downloading

or throw them onto gfycat if less than 15 seconds and don't care about audio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 3DS Australia Show Events

26. Post #3026
    May 2011
    356 Posts
    I completely forgot about gfycat. I'll try that later on if I get anything worth sharing I guess. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

27. Post #3027
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,886 Posts

Poison Arrows

28. Post #3028
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    13,428 Posts
    Stupid shitty serer kicked me for TKs I never did. It kept blaming me for kille with Impact nade when I don't even use them. A whole game's worth of progress in the shitter because of that

29. Post #3029
    Booted up the game for the first time in a while and got Dragon Valley as my first map. Hot damn that loading screen track is real good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

30. Post #3030
    August 2008
    1,298 Posts

Was quite impressive what they squeezed out of that
    I honestly had more fun with it than I did with CS 1.6 at the time. The gunplay and movement felt just right. I wish the developer wasn't so stubborn about sticking to Quake 3 Engine derivatives. They tried to make a new mod out of Call of Duty 4, but the toolset for making mods wasn't great there. There was also True Combat:CQB which was like a more developed version of Elite, only had 1 or 2 maps and not too many people were willing to play an ET mod in 2011, so the developer lost motivation to continue development.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

31. Post #3031
    June 2013
    1,089 Posts
    Booted up the game for the first time in a while and got Dragon Valley as my first map. Hot damn that loading screen track is real good.
    Here you go:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

32. Post #3032
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    15,900 Posts
    it's the china theme from BF2

so happy they put it in, definitely one of the best tracks from BF2

Edited:

it does make me sad they left behind the absolutely iconic and epic-sounding main refrains that have been in the Battlefield themes since 1942 for BF3/4

Edited:

The 1942, 2 and 2142 themes all have their own little spin on it but it's there, and the BF3/4 themes are just wubwubwub

Edited:

hm actually listening to the BF3 and BF4 themes again the refrains are basically in there, just completely drowned in eletro-wub to ridiculous proportions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #3033
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,915 Posts
    it's the china theme from BF2

so happy they put it in, definitely one of the best tracks from BF2

Edited:

it does make me sad they left behind the absolutely iconic and epic-sounding main refrains that have been in the Battlefield themes since 1942 for BF3/4

Edited:

The 1942, 2 and 2142 themes all have their own little spin on it but it's there, and the BF3/4 themes are just wubwubwub

Edited:

hm actually listening to the BF3 and BF4 themes again the refrains are basically in there, just completely drowned in eletro-wub to ridiculous proportions
    Yeah the soundtracks after BF2142 just don't do it for me. They're not that bad but they certainly don't live up to the fantastic soundtracks that the previous games had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3034
    December 2006
    10,978 Posts
    I actually like most of the loading screen music in BF4. It does a good job of making me pumped for the match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3035
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    9,207 Posts
    I honestly always really liked the theme from the first Bad Company. It was still recognizable as the Battlefield theme, but it was fittingly different for a spinoff series. I'm also a sucker for cello.

Edited:

It had this too

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3036
    June 2015
    2,408 Posts
    I'm surprised peoples still play getaway on pc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome France Show Events

37. Post #3037
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,136 Posts
    I actually like most of the loading screen music in BF4. It does a good job of making me pumped for the match.
    I don't really hear the loading screens because the game is mute when focus lost
    Although, ran through ea tech support last night, the game's now installed onto a solid state
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Steam Australia Show Events

38. Post #3038
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    15,900 Posts
    SSD is the best thing ever for this game, ever since I put it on an SSD I'm the first into the server every time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #3039
    Gold Member

August 2013
    2,599 Posts
    I am always one of the first to spawn. It's amazing, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Netherlands Show Events

40. Post #3040
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,282 Posts
    Stupid shitty serer kicked me for TKs I never did. It kept blaming me for kille with Impact nade when I don't even use them. A whole game's worth of progress in the shitter because of that
    Even if you leave/get kicked you still get the XP and unlocks/progress you made after the game ends on the server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events