1. Post #3361
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,422 Posts
    That looks really nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #3362
    December 2014
    316 Posts
    parody of Knight XV using a iveco truck

idk if is possible to reach 7 tons with real armor on that thing,and if this red color looks great than the black one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3363
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,344 Posts
    I really admire the cars you all make. Just out of curiosity:

Last time I played Gmod, I could barely weld a barrel to a garden bench without fucking up. How in gods name do you all make cars THAT correct and well proportioned? I'm completely blown away by you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3364
    November 2015
    180 Posts
    I really admire the cars you all make. Just out of curiosity:

Last time I played Gmod, I could barely weld a barrel to a garden bench without fucking up. How in gods name do you all make cars THAT correct and well proportioned? I'm completely blown away by you guys.
    Precision, Precision Alignment, Parenting, and Patience, the four mainstays of any self-respecting modern Garry's Mod builder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #3365
    December 2014
    316 Posts
    just keep in your mind,first place is patience because some constructions can get one day or more to build.

the funny thing is only in gmod have this great stuff we are doing here,complete made by community,i mean....sprops,tools etc..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #3366
    August 2014
    256 Posts
    some contraptions can take a day or more to build
    and I'm sitting here spending basically two months building a car and never actually finishing it
    pictures related

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

7. Post #3367

November 2011
    87 Posts
    There is a legend that i will actually finish one of my tanks one day...

Opinions?

88 props thus far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #3368
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,422 Posts
    You're like me in that you end up with like a hundred almost finished tank designs but nothing done to show for it! I'm not alone!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events

9. Post #3369

November 2011
    87 Posts
    Aye, you're not alone! I've got about 20 tanks in various stages of construction cluttering down my AdvDupe by now!

Sooner or later someone has to evict the bastards, but i ain't got the heart to do it. The poor things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events

10. Post #3370
    December 2015
    212 Posts
    Hello everyone! Here is the new Borgward P100 Me and Jollan made
    :D

also ignore the blank space at the end, god knows how that happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #3371

July 2012
    4 Posts
    trought i also just start puting pic on here so here is my stuff

rebuild of the kitfox S5 , its full acf/fin using a smal radial + fuel getting it to 132 kph at level and it stalls at 50 kph
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #3372
    December 2013
    606 Posts
    Lost motivation in ATVs because there was no satisfying design I could go with, so I started making some sort of track for dirtbikes instead. Anyone else who made something like that?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #3373
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,776 Posts

Building a pretty hefty truck. No idea what it's called yet. Might run it in the rally instead of my current Heavy entry, not sure. More pix here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events

14. Post #3374

November 2011
    87 Posts
    Small update, tank is coming along nicely.

I'm not so sure on the turret. Looks a little narrow to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #3375
    November 2015
    180 Posts
    So, I -was- working on a heavy multi-turreted inter/early-war type tank sort of based off of a T-28 with the machine guns replaced with 50mm cannons and the main gun swapped for a 100mm short, but trying to get the smaller turrets to behave themselves was giving me a real pain in the ass.

So, I took a page from Gmodism's book and went and made an airship.

2x100kg bombs for splatting infantry on cap points and a 20mm HMG with APHE loaded for chewing up light tanks and the occasional lucky shot with infantry. 25mm armor plates on the underside for protection from ground fire, will do 40km/h in a straight line on the same 3.1L I4 diesel I used in my T-8 and T-16 tanks, comes in at a respectable 50ish props and 6-7 tons loaded. Would like to properly combat test it but Baikonur has a max balloons of 0, so ah well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #3376
    April 2016
    36 Posts
    also side note, how do i make the pics smaler

Use [/T] instead of [/IMG]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events

17. Post #3377

July 2012
    4 Posts
    Use [/T] instead of [/IMG]
    ty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Austria Show Events

18. Post #3378
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,344 Posts
    and I'm sitting here spending basically two months building a car and never actually finishing it
    pictures related

That's so badass. I love the RE-Amemiya FD!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #3379

January 2013
    41 Posts
    Remember this?

Here comes Russki!

Gaz 51 rally v8

Well now

An ugly duck is now a swan. AWD swan with 300hp.

Edit: not sure about the color, any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events

20. Post #3380

October 2009
    32 Posts
    Remember this?

Well now

Purple. Not a stupid purple. An awesome purple.

Edited:

Anyone remember that old map gm_bajarama? I'm playing on it now and I forgot how awesome it was for offroad racing. Currently trialling my Ratbugg on it. Seems like a damn good way to put yer suspension to the limits. This post hints at maybe someone hosting all those race events to use that next time. Get some sandrails and trophy trucks in and whatnot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android New Opera Australia Show Events

21. Post #3381
    August 2014
    256 Posts
    anything other then 'Tonka Truck' or 'Ronald Mcdonald' will do
    Deep-blue on black would look nice

RE a meme mayo
    ayy someone actually recognizes it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

22. Post #3382
    October 2013
    115 Posts
    Bronco - Rally Ready

You people and your left-sided steering wheel..
    The right side will prevail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #3383
    June 2015
    166 Posts

It reminds me of the theme "Hot Dog Stand" from Windows 3.1, but for a vehicle like that, I would use some sort of dark green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

24. Post #3384
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,776 Posts
    It reminds me of the theme "Hot Dog Stand" from Windows 3.1, but for a vehicle like that, I would use some sort of dark green.
    I have the RGB values for 4BO Green stashed in my color STool presets. Would be fitting, Russian Green on a Russian truck. But you wouldn't be able to see it on gm_forestrally! The camo is too stronk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events

25. Post #3385
    April 2011
    410 Posts
    You people and your left-sided steering wheel...
    You misspelled "correct", sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3386
    July 2013
    335 Posts
    Already posted the buggy but I think yall like dis

That thing looks like it's too fun to be legal. I am insanely curious, though...how, exactly, do you coax these things to turn worth a crap without resorting to fin or E2? Every vehicle I've built so far has crippling understeer that I mitigate mostly by abusing analog inputs and riding what little grip is there. I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to remedy that in an environment where things like camber and toe matter little.
    Yeah its increddibly fun to drive around. Its also very easy becuase of the counter steering chip. I basically direct it with A and D and it tries to keep the chassis going to where I want using the front wheels. Its not that I have to spin the wheel all the way. I am using a keyboard fyi. All the wheels weigh 100kg with physprop material phx_tire_normal. the total weight of the car is around 920 and it has 318 hp. It has a softish suspension to limit grip so I can shake it into a drift. The weight is front 40%-60% back distributed. That way I have control over grip. Leaving the throttle will straighten it out while throttling will make it drift.

To add on to your statement about camber, it actually means quite a bit. I don't use any camber on this build but a go-kart of mine uses cambered front wheels which make it actually steer a lot better. fopr example, take a knife, and drag it sideways along a peace of wood. It will slide over it. Now put the knife on a angle and try again. You need much more force to move it in the same direction. Its basically cutting in the corner rather than sliding.

This thing has crazy understeer but it doesn't matter because I built it for drifting so it should drift around corners instead of taking a corner regulairly. The reason that I did not use camber here is also because I don't need the front wheels to be particularily grippy. Its a nice balanced built.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #3387
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,776 Posts
    That thing looks like it's too fun to be legal. I am insanely curious, though...how, exactly, do you coax these things to turn worth a crap without resorting to fin or E2? Every vehicle I've built so far has crippling understeer that I mitigate mostly by abusing analog inputs and riding what little grip is there. I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to remedy that in an environment where things like camber and toe matter little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #3388
    April 2009
    399 Posts
    A little project for the next rally...

102 props! Time to get her rolling and tune it up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

29. Post #3389
    October 2013
    115 Posts
    You misspelled "correct", sir.
    Well, I never.. Right as in the context of direction and right as in the context of being correct are spelt the same for a reason, sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events

30. Post #3390
    December 2013
    606 Posts
    Wasn't really satisfied with how the first dirt track was going. Felt too small, too cramped even for the tiny bike I'm driving, so I started anew and scaled up a wee bit.

Better than the previous attempt or worse? I personally like that small tip of the tree because it makes up a nice challenge for controls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Germany Show Events

31. Post #3391
    August 2014
    256 Posts
    corolla-subaru hybrid

Rule 8: E2 hologram bodies are not allowed. (E.g. TDM, SGM, LW cars)

Sorry, mate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3392
    April 2009
    399 Posts
    Rule 8: E2 hologram bodies are not allowed. (E.g. TDM, SGM, LW cars)

Sorry, mate.
    Perfect, it's entirely prop body! nuke_car.mdl :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #3393
    July 2012
    269 Posts
    The car must me made out of props like SProps or PHX. The use of a pre-built CS:S car is not allowed.

Perfect, it's entirely prop body! nuke_car.mdl :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #3394
    April 2009
    399 Posts
    The car must me made out of props like SProps or PHX. The use of a pre-built CS:S car is not allowed.
    No rule for that, also: it is made out of SProps :V

Point is, its a great looking and finished rally car that I put quite a bit of work into. Got lots of cute bells n whistles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

35. Post #3395
    October 2014
    90 Posts
    lol

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events

36. Post #3396

March 2011
    11 Posts
    That's nice dear!

Cars -

Tanks -

Now Whyte comes in and shows his list and makes us all look bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

37. Post #3397
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,871 Posts
    I may not be working on a car, but I know what these projects feel like and can relate. I've been working on a pose since August 2015, nearly a year. Still no where done with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome Israel Show Events

38. Post #3398
    November 2015
    180 Posts
    Did more stuff with that Airship-thingy. Really enjoying these things, it's nice to not have to worry about taking a 140mm HEAT shell to the face every time I take something out... of course, nothing to stop people from just popping back in in their SPAA, because as War Thunder proves those things are pretty much anti-everything. But anyways, content;

Left one is the gunship variant with a 50mm short, 70mm pen APHE with it for firing through top armor and hopefully detonating in the face of the squishy stuff inside. Right one is a light bomber with 4 50kg racks and 24 in reserve, has some issues of the bombs not detonating when striking an angled surface or when stationary in the air, though. Kinda want to go bigger and make one toting a 105 Howie and 40mm Autocannon, because those were really the best parts of Death From Above. Both weigh in the realm of 9-10 tons or so, 25mm armor max and that's only on the underside of the boat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #3399
    August 2014
    256 Posts
    That's nice dear!

Cars -

nobody cares about tanks

Now Whyte comes in and shows his list and makes us all look bad.

that's cute honey

This is all one car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

40. Post #3400

March 2011
    11 Posts
    that's cute honey

This is all one car.

But the question is, how many cars do you have in construction or completed? Some projects I only saved once a day and cause of that only have a couple files, some I saved ten times a day and have dozens of files for.

(And tanks are very important, otherwise we wouldn't have ACF. Hence the name Armored Combat Framework and the fact that the majority of the addon is related to guns and armor and combat)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events