1. Post #1961
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,701 Posts
    Ray of Hope beta info, july 15th

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hop...features/faq24

it sounds so mm mmm good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 2 (list)

2. Post #1962

October 2014
    82 Posts
    New Frozen Zone video! The part with the mechanical doors was sick! Looking forward to this -

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,587 Posts
    Oh jesus. That looks beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events

4. Post #1964
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    7,011 Posts
    Don't forget the screenshots.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1965
    Dennab
    December 2012
    3,752 Posts
    Ah man imagine if Cd Projekt made an RPG set within the STALKER lore...

We all can dream, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1966
    January 2012
    1,557 Posts
    Any recent news from the Gunslinger devs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events

7. Post #1967
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,986 Posts
    I think that door is from Battlefield 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Dennab
    August 2010
    2,817 Posts
    I doubt I'm gonna be able to run Frozen Zone at a full 60 fps.

Shame, cause it looks magnificent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

9. Post #1969
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,603 Posts

it sounds so mm mmm good
    Two days after my birthday woo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

10. Post #1970
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,099 Posts

it sounds so mm mmm good
    I was going to post here earlier, but I've actually recently joined the Stalker RoH international team as a Community Administrator. So if you have any questions that aren't listed on the FAQ, feel free to send me a message and I'll try and get a response back asap. I'm in conversations with the rest of the international team (including several translators and the international project manager who directly works with the russian team).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member

August 2013
    2,606 Posts
    Any recent news from the Gunslinger devs?
    Wolf has been doing anims for some Kickstarter game. Might update soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #1972
    October 2011
    48 Posts
    I think that door is from Battlefield 4.
    Nope, just same reference
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events

13. Post #1973
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,548 Posts

it sounds so mm mmm good
    I don't think they have talked about exact day (despite moddb saying July 15).

They did write on VK that beta "should" start during this summer and final game will not be ready earlier than in 2 years.

Edited:

I was going to post here earlier, but I've actually recently joined the Stalker RoH international team as a Community Administrator. So if you have any questions that aren't listed on the FAQ, feel free to send me a message and I'll try and get a response back asap. I'm in conversations with the rest of the international team (including several translators and the international project manager who directly works with the russian team).
    Interesting. Meanwhile I have been stalking their russian community pages daily for updates. (And posted about it here when there was any noteworhty new information)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Finland Show Events

14. Post #1974
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,099 Posts
    I don't think they have talked about exact day (despite moddb saying July 15).

They did write on VK that beta "should" start during this summer and final game will not be ready earlier than in 2 years.

Edited:

Interesting. Meanwhile I have been stalking their russian community pages daily for updates. (And posted about it here when there was any noteworhty new information)

Just a heads up, July 15th is not a concrete date yet. The alpha build was finished in May, while the Beta build should be finished in July.

15. Post #1975
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    13,265 Posts
    New Frozen Zone video! The part with the mechanical doors was sick! Looking forward to this -

I hope the team gets picked up or gets to move onto making their own game this in an immense body of work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #1976

October 2014
    82 Posts
    I hope the team gets picked up or gets to move onto making their own game this in an immense body of work.
    Seriously! These guys seem to "get it" -

They understand very well that the STALKER experience is all about atmosphere, and they obviously know how to create it in both a visual AND auditory sense.

Color me impressed with everything they have shown so far, although I hope their writing and story will be on par with the visuals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

17. Post #1977
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,548 Posts
    Finally some (i think) noteworthy update for Ray of Hope:

They managed to compile engine as 64bit. This might solve the problem about dividing map into 2 parts.

For most people this should be good news, but apparently many russians still have 32bit systems with less than 2gb ram. (wut?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1978
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,701 Posts
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online

Ray-of-hope posted:
    Mod support is quite far in the future because the engine is edited on our own coding language, but of course to keep RoH alive we need to have mod support, co-op support and all that freedom of editing your own shit in the game. But the base game needs to be finished first.
    Even if it's not now its good to see they know this. Imagine all the different types of gameplay mods that could crop up.

19. Post #1979
    October 2009
    177 Posts
    if that leaked stalker 2 map is real does that mean they've removed monolith?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #1980
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    15,915 Posts
    if that leaked stalker 2 map is real does that mean they've removed monolith?
    that's a good point actually, it doesn't mention them, I didn't notice

it would suck not having monolith in a Stalker game

21. Post #1981
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    13,596 Posts
    Weren't the Monolith close to finished in CoP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events

22. Post #1982
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,587 Posts
    Weren't the Monolith close to finished in CoP?
    Some people left it and joined freedom or duty. The guys you meet up in COP near the bandit warehouse is one example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events

23. Post #1983
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    15,915 Posts
    Some people left it and joined freedom or duty. The guys you meet up in COP near the bandit warehouse is one example.
    I think that is one very isolated example of the Monolith soldiers losing their 'connection' to the Monolith itself after the events of SoC. They only join Freedom/Duty through the actions of Degty, I would say it's definitely not a common occurrence.

Kovalski actually talks about them receiving constant reinforcements from the CNPP when you first arrive in Pripyat however, so does anyone remember dialogue that implies they're weakened by the end? It's been a while since I played the game properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1984
    October 2009
    177 Posts
    I checked the map again and found one mention of the Monolith it's quite close to the CNPP

I read a couple pages back that this game is set 10 years in the future, maybe the monolith wasn't making anymore soldiers and this is the last group of them because they're in such small numbers now? Maybe they're just in Chernobyl?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #1985
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    15,915 Posts
    10 years? :O

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,796 Posts
    I am most interested in all of those anomalies. I love me some good anomalies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #1987
    September 2012
    403 Posts
    Still no releases of any mods.

Swear to God, if something doesn't get released soon then i'll hook some cunt in the gabber.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #1988
    December 2009
    1,648 Posts
    is there a mod which merges all the creatures from various mods?

29. Post #1989
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    15,915 Posts
    I am most interested in all of those anomalies. I love me some good anomalies.
    there was a translation of the doc that detailed them a while back, but I've lost it

we really need all those docs translated

30. Post #1990
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    15,915 Posts
    Pripyat Foliage - Wormwood vs Vanilla

Something we've always wanted to do was increase the amount of vegetation and foliage in the Zone. Having been there myself, I know just how lush and green it is, especially in Pripyat.

Because of this, we're replacing one-for-one the vanilla, low-poly, poorly textured and just generally bad foliage models with Cromm Cruac's excellent ones, as featured in Lost Alpha.

Additionally (and as you can partly see in this image), we're adding new foliage to each level, bringing the world much more in line with the real-life Zone.

Performance between old and new foliage appears to be identical, meaning there should be no FPS hit from replacing vanilla foliage.

That said, adding more, additional foliage will increase the polycount and drawcalls, meaning there will likely be some sort of performance hit for the trade off of a much lusher Zone. We'll be working on making sure this isn't too large!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

31. Post #1991
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,986 Posts
    Look at all those places a Chimera could leap and rip my throat out from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1992
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,765 Posts
    Look at all those places a Chimera could leap and rip my throat out from.
    yep, we'll be adding plenty more chimeras as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #1993
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,701 Posts
    Pripyat Foliage - Wormwood vs Vanilla
    Performance between old and new foliage appears to be identical, meaning there should be no FPS hit from replacing vanilla foliage.

That said, adding more, additional foliage will increase the polycount and drawcalls, meaning there will likely be some sort of performance hit for the trade off of a much lusher Zone. We'll be working on making sure this isn't too large!
    Can human NPCs still see through foliage better than you?

34. Post #1994
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,934 Posts
    iirc it's a knife's edge balance, editing the values controlling NPC sight through foliage, plus it applies across all foliage regardless of how dense or sparse it appears to the player. So a dead shrub that couldn't hide a stick insect would be just as obstructing for the AI as a lush, overgrown bush. Wouldn't blame anyone for not quite getting the balance right, cept perhaps GSC.
    It'd be nice if one could assign a value of vision permeability to textures (obvs just the ones that have some sort of transparency)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Waterfox Finland Show Events

35. Post #1995
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,701 Posts
    It's too bad you can't even do something like getting enemies to spray in a random cone of fire when you go behind foliage.

I like dense foliage mods but my one gripe is when I literally can't find the dude who keeps killing me because he strafed into a bush

36. Post #1996
    January 2012
    1,557 Posts
    More Chimeras to hunt for the jolly good fun and the thrill of the hunt then.

It saddens me deeply I werent able to find a model of either a hunting rifle or side-by-side rifle that could fire .500 Nitro for you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Denmark Show Events

37. Post #1997
    Dennab
    August 2010
    2,817 Posts
    pls don't make it like misery where everything is literally a bullet sponge, EXCEPT you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

38. Post #1998
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,701 Posts

"I take it it's bolt action"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 31Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #1999
    hey
    Dennab
    August 2006
    6,363 Posts
    not exactly stalker, but GSC's first ever fps game has gotten its first digital release on GOG

http://www.gog.com/news/release_venom_codename_outbreak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

40. Post #2000
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,676 Posts
    not exactly stalker, but GSC's first ever fps game has gotten its first digital release on GOG
    http://www.gog.com/news/release_venom_codename_outbreak
    That game is actually pretty cool from what I remember playing it ages ago. It's basically a proto-stalker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events