1. Post #3361
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,298 Posts
    Anyone here heard of Made with Mischief?
    It's a neat little infinite sketchspace type program.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

2. Post #3362
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,451 Posts
    yeah i've heard of it. I tried it out but it didn't work so well. maybe it is better nowadays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

3. Post #3363
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,298 Posts
    yeah i've heard of it. I tried it out but it didn't work so well. maybe it is better nowadays.
    I brought it up cuz it sent out a coupon code for 30% off. It's only $25 usually but shaving 7.50 is pretty nice. Full version lets you export all the layers into Photoshop.
    Coupon code is "GOBBLE" and is available till Nov 30.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

4. Post #3364
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,566 Posts
    I was gona tidy and colour that Snake walking animation I did before but the file corrupted.

I made one of Major Miller instead but I didn't like and kind of gave up halfway through.

As for something I've made that looks nice, I had to make some quick controller layouts for my computer club so they can explain button layouts for their arcade machine!

I spend over two hours trying to do a good animation and it looks like shit but I crap out some vector art in half an hour and it looks good .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events

5. Post #3365
    [b][highlight][size=+10]STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T[/size][/highlight][/b]
    January 2009
    1,666 Posts
    Looks nice. The joystick pad in the top left needs some color though

Here's a cheesy semi-animated comic about dreams

Some more non-flash animation practice.

also here's an ambient track I made uploaded to yt with a loop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11 (list)

6. Post #3366
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    65,706 Posts
    As for something I've made that looks nice, I had to make some quick controller layouts for my computer club so they can explain button layouts for their arcade machine!

I spend over two hours trying to do a good animation and it looks like shit but I crap out some vector art in half an hour and it looks good .

the buttons shadows are a little inconsistant. the snes has two concave and two convex buttons, so I feel the top two should have a darker colour shadow, and the lower two should have a lighter reflection.
    or the other way around. i forget
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #3367
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,968 Posts
    Perspective wise the buttons are screwy too, esp. on the NES. We're seeing the body from slightly below and the buttons from slightly above.

Otherwise it's nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #3368
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,566 Posts
    Well I did have to make then in half an hour at short notice so a lot of it's copy and paste .

If I had some forewarning of making them they would of had consistent shadows. I totally forgot about that concave/convex thing though.

Edited:

Also would have coloured the arcade's buttons, I forgot the colour on the particular arcade cabinet they have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events

9. Post #3369
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,706 Posts

im mad so i drew angry things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3370
    January 2009
    1,666 Posts

shiver & sniffles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

11. Post #3371
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,807 Posts
    Anyone here heard of Made with Mischief?
    It's a neat little infinite sketchspace type program.
    Bought it a while ago. It's really good for digital sketching, the brushwork is the smoothest and most responsive I've seen in any program. I use it for drawing out plans more than art, the infinite canvas makes it great for taking notes and mapping out what's in your head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #3372
    November 2014
    271 Posts
    so a friend dared me to redo the Foxhound badge from MGS1 so I did.

I like it so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 New Opera Yemen Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #3373
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,897 Posts
    Bought it a while ago. It's really good for digital sketching, the brushwork is the smoothest and most responsive I've seen in any program. I use it for drawing out plans more than art, the infinite canvas makes it great for taking notes and mapping out what's in your head.
    I can only imagine the types of stories that could be told with infinite canvas. Each scene changes as the viewer "walks" to another area by zooming in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

14. Post #3374
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,739 Posts

Inspired by Skull Kid's bicycle-kicking the Moon in a recent Hyrule Warriors trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #3375
    January 2009
    1,666 Posts

Inspired by Skull Kid's bicycle-kicking the Moon in a recent Hyrule Warriors trailer.
    the only CC I have for this is to have a little bit more balanced values. Seems to lean towards the darker shades too much.

Yo this shit is DOPE oh my god. I might say this is the best freeware painting/animating program I've ever seen. You should all try this out.

here's something I made really quick with it.

I had some problems setting up the keyboard shortcuts for the F5 - 57 keys for duplicating frames/next empty frame etc. It keeps saying there's a conflict with a duplicate keybinding but there aren't any and I searched for solutions so I'm stumped on that issue. Other than that minor workflow issue this is some fantastic software, and It's only the F row that doesn't work with keybindings so I can always find alternatives to the shortcuts I'm comfortable with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #3376
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,807 Posts
    Some 10 min sketches I did in mischief because cba with painting today

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #3377
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    3,805 Posts

i havent drawn or painted in like a year but i liked to destress with it so im gonna try to get back into it here's a quick thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

18. Post #3378
    October 2009
    331 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 3 (list)

19. Post #3379
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    3,175 Posts
    Working on this sword again.. Trying to get the gold looking right. What do you guys think?
    I will eventually model this and port it to skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #3380
    July 2013
    597 Posts
    study + experiment with texture brushes

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

21. Post #3381
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    6,350 Posts
    Working on this sword again.. Trying to get the gold looking right. What do you guys think?
    I will eventually model this and port it to skyrim.
    Oh man I remember this, looks really neat, not too sure about the ornament at the end of the blade though. Be sure to post a link to the workshop page when you get it done!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events

22. Post #3382
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    3,175 Posts
    Oh man I remember this, looks really neat, not too sure about the ornament at the end of the blade though. Be sure to post a link to the workshop page when you get it done!
    Thanks, I will! Been slacking lately I was pretty depressed. I'm getting my shit together and I'm finally creating again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #3383
    June 2007
    1,343 Posts
    Posting from my 60 phone, so sorry if it fucks up...

Short story, at work they were looking to replace pinhole cameras made of mountboard and gin&tonic cans. So I designed and made one for the Art & photography technician. It uses a pre-bought engraved pinhole lens, which is supposed to give a crisper edge rather than piercing/cutting a hole in sheet metal. At the back it holds a double sided photographic paper holder, which allows the students to take two photos, or fuck it up twice!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #3384
    Gold Member

September 2009
    3,284 Posts
    bummed out and this came out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Israel Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #3385
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    528 Posts
    Hey guys, I just made my first class final project short film, It's called Plastic Love, it's about a man's psychosis and his blow-up sex doll girlfriend. Hope you guys can check it out and let me know what you think! (HD isn't available on the embeded video, sorry guys)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #3386
    September 2010
    1,793 Posts

Thought you guys might be interested in a thing I did in a half hour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7 (list)

27. Post #3387
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,785 Posts
    Yo this shit is DOPE oh my god. I might say this is the best freeware painting/animating program I've ever seen. You should all try this out.
    well it can do a lot more than just that. I personally found the cage transform tool really interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events

28. Post #3388
    Gold Member

September 2009
    3,284 Posts
    started working on something new very wip
    its a dad turning his dead sons room into a memory shrine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

29. Post #3389
    December 2012
    4,663 Posts

rox the vigilante
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 6 (list)

30. Post #3390
    January 2012
    132 Posts
    Um...
    Right, that has been sitting in my 'projects' folder since... december last year.
    I may or may not finish it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events

31. Post #3391
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,807 Posts
    Make sure to stay strict on your perspective - I'm looking at some of the verticals e.g. the bedside table & headboard. Also with the mirror in 1 point perspective as it's facing the camera you can basically extent the lines from the vanishing point on all your objects through the mirror as if it's a separate room through the mirror, and you should 100% do this with the floor otherwise you'll end up with a bed that looks like it's floating. What I mean is extend the right bottom edge of the room through the corner of the room so that you can see where the bottom edge of the room is in the mirror so you can line up the bed with the bottom of the wall.

Edited:

rox the vigilante
    How much does she squat? Holy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

32. Post #3392
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,680 Posts

Trying a different style with SAI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #3393
    January 2009
    1,666 Posts
    well it can do a lot more than just that. I personally found the cage transform tool really interesting.
    Yeah It's got some very nice features I'm learning about and I love the UI. I know it's still beta but my only real complaint is the animation mode being pretty buggy. I'm having frequent issues with duplicated frames being badly off-center and some other weird chain reactions that lead to unfixable errors in the animation. I've had to redraw a bunch of frames because of various strange problems. All to be expected from a beta I suppose. I used it for a while to just paint and I didn't run into any issues so I'll probably be messing around with it a lot more. I can't wait to see how they expand on this program.

Other than what Jallen said I would just say to block in much more of the painting before getting into too many details. I noticed that you put a lot of detail into the pantlegs but 80% of the piece is not painted in. Not that the rendering on the leg is bad but it's certainly a bad habit to spend too much time on small details like that early on. Personally when I start detailing too early it throws me off through the rest of the painting because I'll see issues that are on a larger scale than the effort I put in, which usually leads to repainting and wasted time.

Animating with krita some more.

he lost a chunk of his head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

34. Post #3394
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,463 Posts

Trying a different style with SAI
    I recommend going to a website like Quickposes or Pixelovely to get better at anatomy. I guarantee if you spend 20 minutes a day drawing naked people from reference, you're going to notice a huge improvement in your drawing ability, especially drawing characters from imagination.

Also don't worry about styling your work one way or another, just draw to the best of your ability and style will come to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 5Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #3395
    December 2012
    4,663 Posts
    How much does she squat? Holy shit.
    i tend to draw thick-legged, thin-bodied women and thick-bodied, thin-legged men. i just like the contrast, but if they're that distractingly huge i might tone it down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #3396
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,680 Posts
    I recommend going to a website like Quickposes or Pixelovely to get better at anatomy. I guarantee if you spend 20 minutes a day drawing naked people from reference, you're going to notice a huge improvement in your drawing ability, especially drawing characters from imagination.

Also don't worry about styling your work one way or another, just draw to the best of your ability and style will come to you
    Thanks for the tips, I've never been fantastic at anatomy so those sites should come in handy. And in terms of style, I do tend to do my own thing. I just felt like drawing a little different to normal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #3397
    March 2013
    3,482 Posts
    i tend to draw thick-legged, thin-bodied women and thick-bodied, thin-legged men. i just like the contrast, but if they're that distractingly huge i might tone it down
    Your designs are pretty varied, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

38. Post #3398
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,463 Posts
    WIP

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11 (list)

39. Post #3399
    May 2007
    723 Posts
    I never myself posted one of my drawings on facepunch before. So here you go. I just finished this one. Let me know what you guys think. Tear me apart, I'ld appreciate it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Belgium Show Events

40. Post #3400
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,463 Posts
    I never myself posted one of my drawings on facepunch before. So here you go. I just finished this one. Let me know what you guys think. Tear me apart, I'ld appreciate it.

The head is too small and the hips are too wide in relation to the rest of the body, its a bit much even for a female. The legs are also too long - for future reference just know that the distance between the top of the head and the crotch is equal to the distance from the crotch to the bottom of the feet.

I know you're going for a more stylized approach but the rules of anatomy and proportion still apply. Maybe its just personal preference but the quasi-anime facial features just aren't working for me.

Overall its not too bad but you could really benefit from more observational drawing and anatomy practice. Good on you for posting here and seeking feedback though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)