392 Posts
    The one time I need textures in like a year and www.textures.com is down :v

Edit: nevermind it's back up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

2. Post #4002
    Dennab
    August 2005
    3,442 Posts
    Made a duck sculpture that will hopefully hold a smartphone, print should be ready tomorrow:

Also I am working on a showcase site for my STL models: http://fenwick67.github.io/models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #4003
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,905 Posts

Westinghouse compound compressor for the T1. Usually i'm not so smug about my stuff but i'm happy with how this turned out. I did take some slight liberties to fit the topology better but i don't think anyone would really notice. There's some bad creasing i have to sort out but that's a job for later

After modeling it, I really appreciate the design of the thing too. The only moving parts are the one way valves, the pistons and two steam switches which are operated by the high pressure piston. Fucking perfect design
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4004
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,427 Posts
    Made a duck sculpture that will hopefully hold a smartphone, print should be ready tomorrow:

Also I am working on a showcase site for my STL models: http://fenwick67.github.io/models
    use a smaller and different icon for the download button, I had no idea I was about to download something when I clicked that

https://design.google.com/icons/ the google icon font is great for stuff like that

Edited:

i'm moving apartment at the moment so staying at a mates for the week with just my laptop, an amazing i3 370m that just about runs old school runescape at 15 fps. really painful not being able to do any 3D stuff because I've got an entire 5 days of free time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #4005
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,638 Posts

Designing a little micro-cathedral for my scene. Lots of fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4006
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,617 Posts

new optic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #4007
    April 2011
    386 Posts
    Thats one weird looking scope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #4008
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,617 Posts
    it's actually the one that valve was supposed to reference for their smg but half way through valve got bored of looking for reference pictures and just made something up from the side-profile view:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

9. Post #4009
    Dennab
    August 2005
    3,442 Posts
    use a smaller and different icon for the download button, I had no idea I was about to download something when I clicked that

https://design.google.com/icons/ the google icon font is great for stuff like that

Edited:

i'm moving apartment at the moment so staying at a mates for the week with just my laptop, an amazing i3 370m that just about runs old school runescape at 15 fps. really painful not being able to do any 3D stuff because I've got an entire 5 days of free time
    Yeah you're right about the icons... I tried to shortcut and use Unicode characters but am using better icons now, thanks.

Edited:

it's actually the one that valve was supposed to reference for their smg but half way through valve got bored of looking for reference pictures and just made something up from the side-profile view:

It's kinda like how the rocket launcher is backwards. They really took some creative liberties.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #4010
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,638 Posts

Edited:
    More, since nobody's posting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

11. Post #4011
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,789 Posts
    I've been working on an Immortan Joe mask and it feels like it's coming along nicely but at this point (starting on the lower jaw) I feel a bit frozen because I'm a little wary that I may have screwed up some of the mask's proportions? Maybe, maybe not, but check it out anyway.

Edited:

The materials are just temporary, I was fooling around with Cycles. I'm probably going to give a shot at making an actual texture for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

12. Post #4012
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts
    I have come to the realization that every thing is just a glorified box or cylinder.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4013
    Mother of Dragons
    March 2006
    1,642 Posts
    Done with this one. I have no idea on what to do next, I'll probably figure something out.

As usual, more pictures and Marmoset Viewer over at Artstation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

14. Post #4014
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,401 Posts
    Been trying to sculpt a Blue Slaad from D&D. Having major struggles with the hands which I'm dreading to properly start on, but at least I learned how to re-project detail onto new topology.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #4015
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,258 Posts
    Working on an arcade cabinet, textures not final. Had to break things down since substance doesn't like multiple uv tiles.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

16. Post #4016
    Mother of Dragons
    March 2006
    1,642 Posts
    The newest SP update(2.1) supports UDIM so multiple UV tiles shouldn't be a problem anymore. Haven't tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events

17. Post #4017
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,258 Posts
    The newest SP update(2.1) supports UDIM so multiple UV tiles shouldn't be a problem anymore. Haven't tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Still on 1.7.3.
    I'll upgrade eventually. I just need to stop buying Lego.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4018
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,905 Posts
    http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...s-the-big-bang

alright what the fuck, that's brilliant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

19. Post #4019
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts
    Holy shit, thats so cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #4020
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    i love proper use of depth layers

it's something that takes a lot of skill to pull off subtley
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #4021
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,968 Posts

Messing around with Corona and a Forza 4 model.
    The scene is lit entirely by the headlights.

Edited:

More

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Winner Winner x 3 (list)

22. Post #4022
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,638 Posts
    I went ahead and brought these rails from my last few images shown:

To a proper high -> low, with my test bake tiling 3x here:

I may expand the tiling so it's less repetitive if necessary, but they're all up on the church roof.
    Anyways, I've also spent some time doing the outer ring of the clock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

23. Post #4023
    May 2009
    200 Posts
    Huhf ! Finished my scanned fruits and vegetables assets.

For those who asked :
    Low polys are done with a decimation of the high poly, so wireframe doesn't have a clean topology, but it gives an organic feeling.
    Meshs are approximately between 200 and 1500 tris...

For the spherical UVs there is no secret, a flattened sphere will always have distortions.
    Most spherical meshs are just cut in two parts, since all textures are baked, there's no need to paint anything above the seams.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Winner Winner x 16Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

24. Post #4024
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,943 Posts
    scanned food is dope, are you going to put them for sale?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Norway Show Events

25. Post #4025
    May 2009
    200 Posts
    scanned food is dope, are you going to put them for sale?
    Yup sure I will.
    (I also would love to export them into Skyrim or Fallout 4 but i can't figure out how...)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #4026
    Mother of Dragons
    March 2006
    1,642 Posts
    Them fruits look sexy as hell.

Tried to render my gun in keyshot. (with an added small picture with extra jpg compression for ~authenticity~. vv)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4027
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,659 Posts
    that fruit looks so appetizing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox Japan Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #4028
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,195 Posts
    Almost done this tire. Still need to add in the air nipple, rotate the bolts, and a few text stuff on the rubber remains.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4029
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,638 Posts
    Spot on with the details, nice job. Also that's my favorite HDR.

Finished up my clock. Now I just need to make material groups and a low poly for it!

Edit:
    Done with that

Needs actual materials now, but the bakes are good.

Edited:
    More updates I guess. I started working on materials for the clock and was inspired to do some refactoring to my library. So this morning I created and polished a wrinkle generator node to a production ready state:

Trying to follow the Uncharted 4 way of small, powerful nodes that do one thing really well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

30. Post #4030
    December 2011
    689 Posts
    Vrooooooom

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #4031
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    15,638 Posts

More library stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

32. Post #4032
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,195 Posts

I'm calling it done after two mentors I had this week helped steer me in the right direction with some solid advice. May look weird with the white text outline but It's simply for readability from a distance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

33. Post #4033
    December 2011
    689 Posts

I'm calling it done after two mentors I had this week helped steer me in the right direction with some solid advice. May look weird with the white text outline but It's simply for readability from a distance.
    Looks good man, the tire though.. it looks like there is too much air in it? Might be for a reason though.. no idea what your thoughts behind it where! But at least make the normals a bit stronger on the thread.. they are just reading flat right now.

And I would invert the rust/paint ratio on the rim itself.. but that's just my preference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #4034
    October 2011
    1,206 Posts

Testing out the Blender Game Engine to see if I can come up with even DECENT texture work for a tiny demo, not disappointed.

For some reason the cubemaps I generate aren't rendering the lights in front of the door. It even looks like it's rendering the lights in the wrong spots, so I'm going to have to make it manually using the internal render and hope for the best.

I finally see the usefulness of the Gamma setting in games, because this scene looks way different between my primary and secondary monitor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #4035
    October 2011
    1,206 Posts
    Had to do it manually, but holy shit it worked. Now on to applying it as a reflection to the floor...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #4036
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    1,121 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8 (list)

37. Post #4037
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,617 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

38. Post #4038
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,158 Posts
    I'm working on a model sketch of a power tool-esque lightsaber for UT99. I know that everything in the game is super lowpoly, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the design before I start working on a lowpoly version.

The aspects of the design isn't set in stone, so I'm open to suggestions for making this look better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari Show Events

39. Post #4039
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    blade needs to be longer

lightsaber blades are at least a meter long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #4040
    April 2013
    130 Posts
    Been working on something the last few hours, I'm not very experienced but I made it look pretty good I guess!

Also, don't ask me what it is, I have no idea I was just playing around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)