1. Post #2001
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    I redesigned my old Rambo inspired set, I was thinking about calling it "Blambo: First Blood":

Old design for comparison.

Still need to re-design the two weapons for the set, here's the old versions of them until i get them done:

Neo still has claims on the set from last year unless she changes her mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner x 10Artistic x 3Funny x 2Disagree x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2002
    June 2013
    80 Posts
    More boom with the Demo Pack

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Winner Winner x 10Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2003
    July 2011
    1,231 Posts
    Soon FP will take over TF2
    The people here are literally where a vast majority of the cosmetics come from. TF2 is basically on life support thanks to Valve trying to keep it alive and these guys making the content updates.

Honestly I would prefer you guys over the TF2 team right now because you get whats broken and whats not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 13Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #2004
    September 2012
    245 Posts
    Football set for Scout I finished up: The Running Back

Click to go to the set!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

5. Post #2005
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    Football set for Scout I finished up: The Running Back

Click to go to the set!
    requesting football guillotine replacement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

6. Post #2006
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    More boom with the Demo Pack

"When worn with the Double Dynamite, Mannhattan Project, and while using the Ullapool Caber, blow yourself up, idiot."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2007

October 2014
    179 Posts
    I'm happy with how this is turning out, toxicweasel will texture and jigglebone it

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #2008
    November 2014
    18 Posts
    "When worn with the Double Dynamite, Mannhattan Project, and while using the Ullapool Caber, blow yourself up, idiot."
    I imagine blowing yourself up on an enemy uses the sentry buster explosion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #2009
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,806 Posts
    heh, i tried to play that game once...
    too bad the layout of the homepage changed since then

Edited:

also i really like how the two controls are "W" and "M1".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #2010
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts
    Anyone know how to fix this?

Basically, when I apply my normal map to my item, these seams appear in between UV islands. My normal map is identical in all the places where this happens, even in the alpha channel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #2011
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    The color is probably off. A flat normal should be RGB 128, 128, 255
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #2012
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts
    I double checked it, it's 128 128 255 all over the normal map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

13. Post #2013
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    It's not working, huh?

I'm going to give them a piece of my mind!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Informative Informative x 3 (list)

14. Post #2014
    January 2009
    1,715 Posts
    It looks like one side doesn't match up to the other, can you post the normal map?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #2015
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts

(I know it's pretty shit. I'm gonna try sculpting it today)

Here it is along with the UV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #2016
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

Disco Inferno
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #2017
    April 2013
    9,483 Posts

Disco Inferno
    I really don't want to sound offensive, but you really need to improve your drawing skill.
    Watch tutorials, anything. You've been doing this for so long, yet most of them look rushed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 16Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2018
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts
    I will probably need a tablet, mouse drawing isn't the best.
    And about progress ,it's all about a different perspective ,I can probably show up the concepts I made for the last halloween if you would like to ,and you will probably see the difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #2019
    March 2013
    7,071 Posts
    I really don't want to sound offensive, but you really need to improve your drawing skill.
    Watch tutorials, anything. You've been doing this for so long, yet most of them look rushed.
    We've been telling him that for like 6 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 5 (list)

20. Post #2020
    August 2014
    434 Posts
    I disagree. Mouse drawing may not be as fast or time-efficient, but that's not the problem.
    I, for one, use a mouse (a very cheap one, at that). My avatar is probably the last thing I've done, non-concept wise, of course:

However, i'm currently taking a break from concepting in general, concentrating on studies.

What i'm trying to tell you is that the fact that you're drawing with a mouse isn't a very good excuse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 8Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

21. Post #2021
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

What is the problem with this concept ? (It just sound like you ignore the good things that I made[rarely], and barely only take the worse)

Same for this concept (It was probably a bad idea, but the draw by itself isn't "bad")

I might have to take more time on my concepts ,but please ,stop making generalities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

22. Post #2022
    April 2013
    9,483 Posts

What is the problem with this concept ? (It just sound like you ignore the good things that I made[rarely], and barely only take the worse)
    That is really good actually.
    But if you compare it with some of the stuff you've done recently, then those drawings do look rushed.

Edited:

You need to also try giving your drawings more detail, the detail on that Demo concept is pretty good but the Pyro concept you posted earlier lacks a lot of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #2023
    March 2013
    7,071 Posts
    You may think concept art only needs to deliver the basic idea of what the item is, but then you might as well just tell us what it is instead of drawing it, that would be just as helpful. But if you add a lot of detail you are being more helpful for the modellers that want to claim it because they'll know what to do by just looking at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #2024
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,906 Posts
    Did a lot of cleaning up on this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 21Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #2025
    June 2014
    990 Posts
    Still looks a bit too thin on the handle imo.

But other than that it looks really good!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #2026
    Gold Member
    June 2014
    1,463 Posts
    Did a lot of cleaning up on this:

Are you telling me that those stickybombs are coming out of that tiny hole?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #2027
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,906 Posts
    demoman's weapon-to-projectile proportiosn ahs always been a bit odd

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2028
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,715 Posts
    The base sticky launcher doesn't make any sense too.

EDIT: youfuk-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events

29. Post #2029
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts

if he's said it once he's said it a thousand times

its cause the stock sticky has a very short gap between the trigger and the reloading mechanism
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

30. Post #2030
    July 2014
    115 Posts
    I drew pyroid texture with mouse. mouse drawing isn't hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2031
    WnR

June 2013
    778 Posts

(I know it's pretty shit. I'm gonna try sculpting it today)

Here it is along with the UV.
    What are you using to bake out those normals?

32. Post #2032
    March 2013
    2,453 Posts
    What are you using to bake out those normals?
    An easy bake oven, no doubt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #2033
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,906 Posts

I think I could get around that by moving everything up and have the bolt lever be bent, like so

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2034
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    And about progress ,it's all about a different perspective ,I can probably show up the concepts I made for the last halloween if you would like to ,and you will probably see the difference.
    You don't need a tablet to know how to draw.

Take a look at skilled concept artists like Retro, Badgerpig, Square, etc. Sure, most of the concepts you see of theirs are digital, often done with a tablet. But, they're still really good artists with traditional techniques, and I know this for a fact. An artist is an artist, and a tablet is hardly different from pen and paper. Point being, if you can draw on paper, you can draw on a tablet, and vice versa, but you don't need a tablet to make good concepts.

You don't need a tablet, and you don't need to draw with a mouse. If you can't convey what you want with pen and paper, then I don't know how you expect to do any better with a tablet. A tablet is an investment, and you need to know that it's worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #2035

October 2013
    657 Posts
    -snip-

36. Post #2036
    January 2009
    1,087 Posts
    Does anybody have the old Leviathan Barrel Fix? It got trashed on FPSBanana, god knows why...

37. Post #2037
    April 2013
    1,280 Posts

I did this without a tablet. Not satisfied with a lot of things, like color and the shape of the cuffs but detail and blending-wise, a tablet was unnecessary.

38. Post #2038
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    we get it, you all have good wrists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #2039
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    Version 1: No Exposed Arms, No Camo

Version 2: Exposed Arms, No Camo

Version 3: Exposed Arms, Camo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15Winner Winner x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #2040
    August 2014
    434 Posts
    we get it, you all have good wrists.
    The secret is chronic masturbation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)