1. Post #281
    Well, what had happened was.....
    February 2009
    4,819 Posts
    "Come on man, just one tiny bottle of nitrous, I'll trade you my meth kit"
    "What you trying to pull here? You told me this shit was forged. DOES THIS LOOK LOKE FORGED INTERNALS TO YOU?!?!?! Get this piece of shit and his cast internals out of here....."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,889 Posts

Motorized JDM Foglights?
    Winner winner.
    I almost want to rig something like that up for my light bar but I'm too dumb and lazy to do so. (like cut the grille so its hinged on the light bar or something)

Oh and on that note, this came the other day. I forget if I posted it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #283
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,455 Posts
    I was about to take a picture of the Subaru covered in snow, but then I got snow on the phone screen and it stopped registering my touches :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #284

November 2014
    118 Posts
    So today I took in this beauty, from a cliŽnt.
    This thing is lovely.

Looks very modest for what it is.
    It's been tuned by MTM, and currently produces 700hp.
    Took it for a run on the Autobahn, with the cliŽnt ofcourse, and it does 0-200km/h in around 9 seconds.
    Wet weather though, and very windy today here in the Netherlands and Germany so we didn't do anything irresponsible.

Edited:

I'll have it for 2 weeks, and then it's going to be shipped off to Norway.
    Won't be driving it much though, since the contracts have already been signed and I don't want to risk damaging it.

Edited:

Ah I just googled. Looks like the cliŽnt embellished a bit.
    According to MTM themselves it does 0-200km/h in 10,8 seconds, and it produces 712hp.
    A8? Why is it being shipped up here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

5. Post #285

July 2012
    1,425 Posts
    A8? Why is it being shipped up here?
    Close. It's a 2012 S8.
    It's being shipped up to Norway since a Norwegian cliŽnt bought it from me.
    Norway will be enriched with a 712hp S8 on the 30th of january.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    August 2011
    1,713 Posts
    we got literally 1/3rd of an inch in NoVA

I stayed home because I'm sure some idiot caused an accident on the route I take to work (note I did work from home)

I took a couple pics last week when it snowed:

^abandoned
    Holy fuck, that poor 993 :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #287
    Gone but never forgotten.
    November 2009
    19,633 Posts
    Saw a 2014 WRX yesterday... made me want to get a WRX. I didnt know they were so large for a sedan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #288
    beep
    Dennab
    January 2006
    9,409 Posts
    im in love with my 2005 mazda 3 i got with my own hard earned money. it has 220K miles but the people who owned it before took really good care of it and it was never in tropical or snow covered areas. I got it for 3.3K with the car being worth 5.3K~. all it needs are new tires eventually, and brakes.

The guy who owned it put that plastidip shit on each silver emblems so i had to use a little amount of brake cleaner on a rag to rub it off, but the car has no accidents filed with it and has no damage. The best part about it is that the guy who owned it before put one of those aftermarket mufflers that make it sound much more sporty and not like a giant fart like most dickheads do around here. I just love sporty looking hatchbacks soooo much.

This is what mine looks like, plus i got 80$ off the sales tax due to the mileage.

it also has 25 combined mpg, with it only costing me 25$ at the pump to completely fill, shits the bomb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,878 Posts
    I had a dream the other day that I bought a new car. The car was lime green and some kind of mix between a 69 charger and an awd Subaru. I took it offroadiing and drove it right up a ski mountain. It took everything like a champ and was pretty damn fast too. Shame it doesn't exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    816 Posts
    God I wish walmart's TLE department would just cease to exist here's a conversation I had with a friend who I've talked about before and who's car is quite possibly the shittiest piece of shit in the land

Friend: Hey I got an air filter can you put it in my car walmart said it was the only thing my car needed it will fix all my problems
    Me:Sure but you got a lot more problems then the air filter
    Friend: but wal-mart said it would fix everything
    Me: walmart couldn't find there asshole with two hands and a flashlight an air filter is a good thing but it ain't gonna help shit for the lifter tick the shoddy torque converter the fact that your car pukes oil through the valve covers or the massive vacuum leak you have
    Friend: walmart didn't say anything about that
    Me:.....AAAAAAHHHHHH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #291
    January 2011
    454 Posts
    It's not visible rust. Trust me. You're looking for the spots where the roof was welded to the quarter panels. Those are now gone. I assure you - your best bet is to leave it alone until you want to do some actual body work, because there is going to be. Vinyl tops are garbage and they turn the roof below them into garbage. That's a 70s thing.

I'm just trying to help you out. If it looks ok now, leave it alone. It will just look worse. Here's a buddy of mine I meet up with who took the vinyl top off his dart. He also saw no rust.

Sorry if I came off as arrogant. The vinyl top is just irritating to look at because its split on both sides, a chunk is missing near the passenger side back seat's door, and the part where it goes around the back window is peeled up so far that it covers the bottom of the window. What do you think I should do if I were to be fully restoring the car? Like what would need done I mean. Or if there's some way of saving the vinyl top that's already on it, that's what I'd want to do.

12. Post #292
    I AM COMPLETELY UNABLE TO SHUT THE HELL UP
    October 2012
    4,853 Posts
    Like he made it looks like this?

Cuz if so.. that's tasty.
    this is an actual picture of it

I should have clarified that it appears to be parts from the new RS4 Avant that isn't sold in the U.S.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #293

November 2014
    118 Posts
    Close. It's a 2012 S8.
    It's being shipped up to Norway since a Norwegian cliŽnt bought it from me.
    Norway will be enriched with a 712hp S8 on the 30th of january.
    And roughly Ä63,633 in taxes, sweet ride though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

14. Post #294
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    4,770 Posts
    God I wish walmart's TLE department would just cease to exist here's a conversation I had with a friend who I've talked about before and who's car is quite possibly the shittiest piece of shit in the land

Friend: Hey I got an air filter can you put it in my car walmart said it was the only thing my car needed it will fix all my problems
    Me:Sure but you got a lot more problems then the air filter
    Friend: but wal-mart said it would fix everything
    Me: walmart couldn't find there asshole with two hands and a flashlight an air filter is a good thing but it ain't gonna help shit for the lifter tick the shoddy torque converter the fact that your car pukes oil through the valve covers or the massive vacuum leak you have
    Friend: walmart didn't say anything about that
    Me:.....AAAAAAHHHHHH
    walmart knows all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #295
    October 2009
    3,515 Posts
    Since walmart has been dominating the market for all in one stores for quite some time now, they have now implemented a plan to slowly raise prices, without a fear of direct competition. I called this out years ago, but nobody wanted to listen.

16. Post #296
    The Rust kiddie that escaped
    January 2014
    241 Posts
    I find it funny how some people will go to Walmart instead of just googling what's wrong with their car

17. Post #297
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    4,770 Posts
    I only go to walmart for foodage and other random shit because it's less than a mile away from my house. The only automotive stuff I get from them is like cleaning stuff and other non-mission critical parts, like wiper blades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #298
    March 2008
    10,455 Posts
    I only go to Walmart for- oh wait I can't. There aren't any over here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    Gone but never forgotten.
    November 2009
    19,633 Posts
    I only go to Walmart for- oh wait I can't. There aren't any over here
    I go there for everything grocery related. Or Sams Club. Same thing.

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,690 Posts
    Are there any reasons not to buy a bluetooth ODB2 reader?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    8,408 Posts
    I got a fucking steal on an upgraded 2007 Cadillac cts v6 3.6l on Craigslist with 90k miles

Shit has been running like a champ for like 6 months and only the water pump needed a replacement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

22. Post #302
    I AM COMPLETELY UNABLE TO SHUT THE HELL UP
    October 2012
    4,853 Posts
    I was driving in my town and I saw an i8 for the first time in real life and holy shit that thing is definitely an attention grabber.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,628 Posts
    Figured out why my front wheels aren't both pointing the same way!

See that bent iron rod there? It connects my wheel to the steering rack. That's supposed to be straight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    8,408 Posts
    I was driving in my town and I saw an i8 for the first time in real life and holy shit that thing is definitely an attention grabber.
    I saw a Bugatti veyron the other day and wondered how you can drive in a car worth a mansion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #305
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    5,500 Posts

See that bent iron rod there? It connects my wheel to the steering rack. That's supposed to be straight
    How did you manage that?

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,628 Posts
    How did you manage that?
    Well when I got in my accident what happened was I was turning and the car understeered into a curb and then kept going forwards until it hit a traffic light. So it hit a curb with the wheel pretty much exactly sideways going about 30-35 mph, which put all 4600+lbs of car right into that tie rod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    March 2008
    10,455 Posts
    If the tie rod is all that's fucked, you're pretty lucky.
    You can just pop it out of the socket and get a new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,016 Posts

It took you that long to turn your wheel all the way outward and just take a quick look.....? Like, a bent tie rod is obvious as fuck.

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    11,330 Posts

the sticker

what a legend
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,193 Posts
    I wish nissan would start making nice things again... im afraid that if they eventually make the "s16" its going to suck and I will die a little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,239 Posts
    Rumors say the challenger's replacement will be another let down. :(

A smaller RWD car with no retro styling. I don't know how I feel about that replacing the Challenger.
    http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...ge_challenger/

32. Post #312
    Starbound Server
    July 2012
    2,280 Posts
    So I'm thinking about getting a 2007 3 Series 328 xi for $10.5k as my first car. My worry is the price on maintenance on this. How's BMW maintenance in the US?

33. Post #313
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,941 Posts
    So I'm thinking about getting a 2007 3 Series 328 xi for $10.5k as my first car. My worry is the price on maintenance on this. How's BMW maintenance in the US?
    if you do it yourself, not bad

if it is under warranty, not bad

otherwise it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

source: i'm a BMW owner

34. Post #314
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,974 Posts
    Thinking about getting some louvers on my 1987 camaro, what do you guys think?
    Agree for louvers
    Disagree for no louvers

Of course finding good looking factory louvers will probably be impossible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,628 Posts
    It took you that long to turn your wheel all the way outward and just take a quick look.....? Like, a bent tie rod is obvious as fuck.
    No, it took me this long to jack up the car to start working on getting the bodywork off and suss out what's what. I knew the steering was broken from crawling it home after the accident, I just didn't look to see for sure what it was. My car looks weird with no face.

It appears the entire front clip is bent and probably needs to be replaced. Might need a frame straightening as well, but I'll let the mechanic determine that.

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    11,330 Posts
    Thinking about getting some louvers on my 1987 camaro, what do you guys think?
    Agree for louvers
    Disagree for no louvers

Of course finding good looking factory louvers will probably be impossible.
    depends do u wanna see out the back or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #317
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,974 Posts
    depends do u wanna see out the back or not
    Well safety isn't exactly highest priority on my list, I don't even have airbags.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #318
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,878 Posts
    No, it took me this long to jack up the car to start working on getting the bodywork off and suss out what's what. I knew the steering was broken from crawling it home after the accident, I just didn't look to see for sure what it was. My car looks weird with no face.

It appears the entire front clip is bent and probably needs to be replaced. Might need a frame straightening as well, but I'll let the mechanic determine that.
    Ouch, sorry to hear about the clip. Thats gonna be a son of a bitch.

I agree with you on the faceless vic part

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,239 Posts
    Ouch, sorry to hear about the clip. Thats gonna be a son of a bitch.

I agree with you on the faceless vic part
    Honestly... I thought those were egg cartons at very first glance...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,889 Posts
    Are there any reasons not to buy a bluetooth ODB2 reader?
    Leaving it plugged in on a newer car can cause some issues because your BCM is constantly powered up/trying to read what the hell you jammed into its OBD port. (There's TSBs out on this for GM fleet vehicles)