1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,214 Posts
    I think this is a rather light description of booth babes. It's advertisers trying to get attention with cheap sex appeal... I really don't mind them disappearing from conventions. Cosplay is cool though 'cause at least it's related.
    That they got rid of it in the name of feminism instead of fighting against brainless marketing (something they're otherwise okay with) while their rhetoric is that of puritanism is contradictory, though. It might yield positive result regarding relevancy to video-games but the implied statement that wearing revealing outfits is harmful to women at large might as well be coming from the 19th century.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

2. Post #162
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,782 Posts
    I think this is a rather light description of booth babes. It's advertisers trying to get attention with cheap sex appeal... I really don't mind them disappearing from conventions. Cosplay is cool though 'cause at least it's related.
    You're an idiot if you buy a game simply because a hot chick was trying to sell it to you, and they get people jobs. It is willing participation if you're a 'booth-babe.' I honestly don't see what's wrong with any of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,547 Posts
    A new Facepunching Gamergate stream will be happening next week on saturday, that's the 24th, at 10 pm GMT or 2 pm PST. I think at least. Fuck time zones. Anyway, there's a countdown on the video:

edit: Oh, right. If you got any topics to cover or want to participate in the stream just hit me up either on Twitter or here via PN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    199 Posts
    Hey guys,

I've been working at a video game advertising agency for the past 6 months, but I just put in my notice fairly recently.

I think Gamergate has gotten a little out of hand, but I can give some perspective from the ad agency standpoint, if you're interested!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 3 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,555 Posts
    Hey guys,

I've been working at a video game advertising agency for the past 6 months, but I just put in my notice fairly recently.

I think Gamergate has gotten a little out of hand, but I can give some perspective from the ad agency standpoint, if you're interested!
    Very much so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    9,488 Posts
    Hey guys,

cool, go ahead.

I would like to ask in what area do you mean out of hand, here in FP or in general. FP isn't KIA or 8chan, so I'm curious and like to get other people's perspectives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    6,349 Posts
    Apparently the Nightline piece actually aired a clip of a game store clerk who accused Anita of blowing the situation out of proportion and trying to capitalize on her victimhood. Can anyone confirm this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,404 Posts
    I wanna see this too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    199 Posts
    Okay, so I used to work in a field that ad agencies call "Influencer Marketing"

Basically, I pay YouTubers a lot of money to play games on behalf of clients. A guy like JonTron would be quoted at something like $20k a video. Smaller guys, around the 300k subscriber mark, tend to make $1k a video.

It makes you question your life choices, doesn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 22Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    9,236 Posts
    I rather have a normal job. It develops skills you can later still used while YouTube gives you a bit of fame for some time and then you can turn in a complete nobody.

It looks easy but as a job to make enough for a living it can be very demanding. And easy to fuck up if you don't prepare for life after YouTube, its like those millionaires that hit the jackpot that later get evicted out of their home because they can't deal with that amount of money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    199 Posts
    I rather have a normal job. It develops skills you can later still used while YouTube gives you a bit of fame for some time and then you can turn in a complete nobody.

It looks easy but as a job to make enough for a living it can be very demanding. And easy to fuck up if you don't prepare for life after YouTube, its like those millionaires that hit the jackpot that later get evicted out of their home because they can't deal with that amount of money.
    You're very right. There's a constant struggle to create content, and actually, a lot of YouTubers find branded content deals to be a bit of a reprieve from the constant creative process.

YouTubers are some of the hardest working people that I've ever had the pleasure to work with, and one of the things I hated was to see them getting flak for doing a brand content video. I don't understand how people expect these guys to work for free; it's a full time job to be a YouTube entertainer.

That being said, a lot of guys become very qualified to get into PR if they have a successful run as a YouTuber. That's the plan for a few guys I've worked with!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #172
    All Plans Are Plan B
    September 2010
    2,718 Posts
    Apparently the Nightline piece actually aired a clip of a game store clerk who accused Anita of blowing the situation out of proportion and trying to capitalize on her victimhood. Can anyone confirm this?
    http://www.joystiq.com/2015/01/15/ni...ne-harassment/

ABC's Nightline aired interviews with Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu, Tim Schafer and a handful of video game critics and players on Wednesday, in a segment titled, "What It Feels Like To Be A Gamergate Target." It presented an overview of the issues involved in GamerGate, including the portrayal of women as sex objects in games, harassment toward women who play games, the growing market of women within gaming, and the argument that all games (or players) can't be represented by a few extreme examples alone.

Nightline highlighted "signs of change in the industry" with a visit to Double Fine co-founder Tim Schafer and a look at Broken Age.

"Once you've sat down and tried to play a game with your daughter and tried to find games where she can play a character that she identifies with, you start to feel bad about not putting that option in your own game," Schafer said.

Watch the complete segment below.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,543 Posts
    Nightline highlighted "signs of change in the industry" with a visit to Double Fine co-founder Tim Schafer and a look at Broken Age.
    Something something don't have to deliver a finished product.

Schafer jokes just feel too tragic for me to continue earnestly making them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    7,361 Posts
    http://twitter.com/notch/status/555789034941730816
    Notch posted:
    No, I'm not on your side. I don't care if "game journalists" are ethical; they never were, but I do care if you harass people online.
    Looks like Notch is anti-GG, given he's said that he doesn't even care about ethics.

Then he also accuses us of harassment anyway, which kind of ruins the point- he's admitting that GG is about ethics and then saying that he doesn't care about that and is going to say that we're harassers?

Edited:

This is a bit of a shame since I like Notch, but it's upsetting that a guy so close to gamers fails to realise that Gamergate is not and has never been about harassment but simply trying to stop people being dickheads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

15. Post #175
    NETID#203731
    March 2009
    13,605 Posts
    Dat same old unfounded line about how video games influence people, only they traded violence for sexism....
    didn't jack thompson use the exact same "hire a prostitute, then kill her and take your money back" line except say it caused violence instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,620 Posts
    http://twitter.com/notch/status/555789034941730816

Looks like Notch is anti-GG, given he's said that he doesn't even care about ethics.

Then he also accuses us of harassment anyway, which kind of ruins the point- he's admitting that GG is about ethics and then saying that he doesn't care about that and is going to say that we're harassers?

Edited:

This is a bit of a shame since I like Notch, but it's upsetting that a guy so close to gamers fails to realise that Gamergate is not and has never been about harassment but simply trying to stop people being dickheads.
    It's because of /baphomet/. Hotwheels can't remove the doxx himself, but he removes them if you send a DMCA, even if they're false. A GGer that was doxxed sent a DMCA yesterday and he had his personal information removed from the thread.

Yesterday, I sent two dmca takedowns with throwaway email accounts to remove the doxx of a journalist and a Ghazi user. The threads are gone now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    NETID#203731
    March 2009
    13,605 Posts
    It's because of /baphomet/. Hotwheels can't remove the doxx himself, but he removes them if you send a DMCA, even if they're false. A GGer that was doxxed sent a DMCA yesterday and he had his personal information removed from the thread.

Yesterday, I sent two dmca takedowns with throwaway email accounts to remove the doxx of a journalist and a Ghazi user. The threads are gone now.
    watch as people ignore it and continue to say he allows them to operate unimpeded while simultaneously not doing anything to help get rid of the dox.

just like another case with another board that now no longer exists on 8chan...

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    7,361 Posts

Honestly, doxxers can go fuck themselves. If people really want to find out who somebody is because they think they've done something wrong, they should give that information out to the police, not to random people on the Internet. That is literally asking for the person to get hurt. I don't care if you do it to TotalBiscuit, Zoe Quinn, or Joseph Stalin, there is no purpose in enabling vigilante 'justice'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 28 (list)

19. Post #179

October 2009
    918 Posts
    Why can't hotwheels just delete that board and permaban its posters due to unethical/possibly illegal behavior? I know that's not his or gamergate's style, but they fuck up how gamergate and 8chan looks to people who don't know its nuances or how it works.

Alternatively, we can use the doxx info to send nice things instead, letters of kindness or just polite discussion or whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,463 Posts

Unfortunately neither will, retards from both sides are going to fight over this for days.

Calling it now someone's already writing an article on how notch "speaks out against GG"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 19Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,214 Posts
    Why can't hotwheels just delete that board and permaban its posters due to unethical/possibly illegal behavior? I know that's not his or gamergate's style, but they fuck up how gamergate and 8chan looks to people who don't know its nuances or how it works.
    If it's not illegal, it has the right to stay. This is basically the pitch of 8chan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    3,525 Posts
    Freedom of speech is like that ,you get good and bad and its up to you to decide how to carry yourself,it is no ones bussiness to police your thought or criticisms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,724 Posts
    You'd think they'd get the hint after a while.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,463 Posts
    Well it's nice to be constantly reminded where the majority really stands, sometimes it's hard to hear it over the megaphones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

25. Post #185
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    You'd think they'd get the hint after a while.

Watch as they disable comments and ratings instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,985 Posts
    AGG has got to be one of modern history's most successful misinformation campaigns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 35Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,620 Posts

Alternatively, we can use the doxx info to send nice things instead, letters of kindness or just polite discussion or whatever.
    It's pretty illegal if they involve law enforcement (swatting). I report those posts and the thread.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    7,361 Posts
    Speaking of SWATting, it appears that Izzy Galvez has been SWATted. Is this the first confirmed attempt to SWAT on an anti-GG person?
    https://twitter.com/iglvzx/status/554841443278147585
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    9,236 Posts
    AGG has got to be one of modern history's most successful misinformation campaigns.
    Just a easy story to sell, you just nod to a few people say what has already been said and never question anything or give the other side a chance to speak. Its merely exploiting the fact that 24/7 is more about quantity than quality.

The ABC thing is boring, you keep hearing about this great problem of our time by people apparently "affected" by it (quotes because its to the reader to decided). Not once you see them walking into a random place and ask people on the street what they think. Only shallow attempts have been made to contact companies where these things need to be a real issue. The contact list of people is also extremely short for something thousands of females should be experiencing everyday. And the great one: What now? Great that you tell there is a problem, but what are we and you going to do about it? That really shows this went longer as people have wanted it too, it should have been this easy homerun proving all gamers are really really sexist and bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events

30. Post #190
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)

March 2010
    3,820 Posts
    Speaking of SWATting, it appears that Izzy Galvez has been SWATted. Is this the first confirmed attempt to SWAT on an anti-GG person?
    It's not confirmed. This guy regularly does fake images, and has posted no proof other then supposed documents. Example : https://twitter.com/iglvzx/status/55...784769/photo/1
    Until I see images of the swat van it's not reliable at all.
    He blames /baphomet/ as well for the source of the dox thread, so if he blames gamergate then that's disillusion.

Oh
    https://twitter.com/iglvzx/status/555480394565287936

Ah.

The fact they can attach any REAL hate group to us and blame us for it is the most angering thing of all. It sickens me.

31. Post #191
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    So NeoGAF is now banning anyone that uses 'PC Master Race' as a term now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 43 (list)

32. Post #192
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)

March 2010
    3,820 Posts
    So NeoGAF is now banning anyone that uses 'PC Master Race' as a term now.
    I really don't know their goal anymore, get as many people as possible to hate them?

33. Post #193
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    21,937 Posts
    I really don't know their goal anymore, get as many people as possible to hate them?
    they are sony fanboys

they are already the most hated thing in gaming

4chan already did a vote on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    9,488 Posts
    opps I thought you meant lizzyf620. shited my rating to late, not because you're late because I had a knee jurk reaction. it's to rate myself. I don't know the details of the what went down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    9,513 Posts
    they are sony fanboys

they are already the most hated thing in gaming

4chan already did a vote on it
    That's quite a correlation you've found there.

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    3,525 Posts
    Think we could strap a fundraiser together to start a few programs together to get women and minorities more involved in game development,could show AGG how to actually fix issues instead of bitching on Twitter about their patreon.

Edited:

As in start in middleschool or equivelent.

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,214 Posts
    Think we could strap a fundraiser together to start a few programs together to get women and minorities more involved in game development,could show AGG how to actually fix issues instead of bitching on Twitter about their patreon.

Edited:

As in start in middleschool or equivelent.
    I suppose the goal is not to change their mind, since they'll complain about us "weaponizing charities" anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #198
    April 2007
    21,937 Posts
    infinite chan twitter account suspended

his alt twitter is: https://twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,214 Posts
    infinite chan twitter account suspended
    For what reason?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

40. Post #200
    April 2007
    21,937 Posts
    For what reason?
    unknown

would say its for posting the cloudflare emails, but anita did something similar and didn't get suspended.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events