1. Post #4281
    April 2011
    149 Posts

time machine, now with less brick wall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #4282
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,064 Posts
    Can we just add "Don't use PNG" in the thread title already
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #4283
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,757 Posts
    I don't really think people do it on purpose. Sometimes I forget that you have to select to export as .jpg AND rename the end from .png to .jpg, instead just the former (at least in GIMP).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4284
    December 2014
    201 Posts
    I mostly do it because while using Poster it automatically saves as png, and I get lazy to convert it to jpg and stuff

Already converted the pic to jpg tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4285
    February 2014
    1,974 Posts
    I can imagine the next thread's title: Want To Post A Picture But Don't Want To Make A Thread" - Thread V6 'PNG's are a crime'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #4286
    November 2014
    1,179 Posts
    Into the old city
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #4287
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    4,370 Posts

time machine
    This is actually a very good pic but you fucked something very important up that ruins the picture. And let me tell you what it is since it's kind of difficult to grasp. The brick wall in the background basically stands out. That's the massive thing that ruins it and can be easily fixed.

Basically, imagine for a second if the red bright brick wall in the background was just a dark gray piece of concrete, that would easily fix the pic.

I'll try to edit to convey the point better.

The edit's not great but something like:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #4288
    April 2011
    149 Posts
    i can't change the walls in game right now (nor spend a lot of time editing) but is it any better now? - http://www.wduwant.com/index_uploads...23ba119435.jpg. i'll probably end up editing it again later but i'm pretty busy right now (also ended up going for that misty effect around the machine so thanks for that too)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #4289
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    4,370 Posts
    Much better!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events

10. Post #4290
    December 2014
    201 Posts
    That's some great stuff there Lewis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #4291
    January 2012
    1,630 Posts
    That Helicopter scene looks like what happens when an airborne Deck spams Helicopter Infantry in Wargame Red Dragon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #4292
    April 2015
    1,031 Posts
    Posing Practice 3: The Reloadening.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #4293
    January 2012
    9 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Korea, Republic of Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

14. Post #4294
    Gold Member

August 2007
    13,679 Posts
    such a pity those trees are low poly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Malaysia Show Events

15. Post #4295
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,607 Posts
    Couple of simple pics with testing some stuff:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4296
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,255 Posts
    reminded me of this

nice to see someone use the MK4 armor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events

17. Post #4297
    October 2012
    55 Posts
    Something Silly...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Malaysia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #4298
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,255 Posts
    the song they played

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #4299
    January 2013
    2,382 Posts
    It fits pretty great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Czech Republic Show Events

20. Post #4300
    April 2015
    1,031 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4301
    October 2011
    654 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

22. Post #4302
    Gold Member

August 2007
    13,679 Posts
    i really like this, shame the muzzleflashes dont match the yellow lighting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Malaysia Show Events

23. Post #4303
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    927 Posts
    Took account of the criticisms & suggestions I had with my last picture. So I decided to test them out with this picture.

As always, C&C is appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #4304
    July 2013
    2,404 Posts
    There is too much empty space, he looks stiff, he appears to be off of the ground, and he's blurry. I'd recommend you zoom in to get what you need in your scenebuild/map to appear, and try to incorporate SDoF well. It's better to have a picture with no SDoF then bad SDoF.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

25. Post #4305
    October 2015
    49 Posts
    This is great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events

26. Post #4306
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    927 Posts
    There is too much empty space, he looks stiff, he appears to be off of the ground, and he's blurry. I'd recommend you zoom in to get what you need in your scenebuild/map to appear, and try to incorporate SDoF well. It's better to have a picture with no SDoF then bad SDoF.
    Noted. Although I can say this is definitely better the majority of posters/pictures I have took, however, I see from the looks of your critique that I still got a lot more room for improvement. Anyways, I was trying to get everything in the picture, but from the looks of it, I paid the price for the zoom. Perhaps I should have moved the other props & ragdolls a lot more closer and the picture, so not only it wouldn't look as empty, but it also make the picture a lot better. For the person holding the gun, I should have posed him a little better, so that he could have look a lot more stiff as you said so. As for SDoF, I don't know much about the mechanics of SDoF, but if you can show a tutorial about how to use SDoF that would be great.

Other than, I thank you for critiquing my piece. It's often pretty rare to see people commenting or critiquing my pieces in here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

27. Post #4307
    July 2013
    2,404 Posts
    I am unfortunately not that great with SDoF myself. One of my favorite screenshots is a victim of this:

The SDoF blurs out the character to a point that annoys me, and I can't fix this because I forgot to save

Another thing you should know: You don't have to use ingame SDoF. You can take a screenshot sans SDoF and then add it in manually in photoshop or something. It gives you a lot more control over it. Also, if you wish to get some good reference SDoF quickly, click the item you want the focus to be on. This does a lot of the SDoF work, and all you have to do afterwards is tweak it until it looks good. This is not a good method if you just click once and take your picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #4308

July 2012
    126 Posts
    Here's a Last of Us influenced screenshot. I'm a beginner with Super DoF, so maybe I did good or maybe I didn't. I don't know. Regardless, feedback is much appreciated!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4309
    April 2015
    1,031 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #4310
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,178 Posts
    Def. some of your best, Volf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Sweden Show Events

31. Post #4311
    April 2015
    1,031 Posts
    I'm not happy with it because when I go back through the images I can see little grainy patches of shadow I missed.
    Dammit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

32. Post #4312
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    8,149 Posts
    lighting looks weird too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #4313
    December 2012
    167 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #4314
    November 2014
    1,179 Posts
    Russia never forgives, nor does it forget.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4315
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,064 Posts
    Russia never forgot that one random asshole in the hoodie with the molotov cocktails and Mac-11 and on January 27th 2016 they managed to stab him in the mouth.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Friendly Friendly x 2Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4316
    July 2015
    1,216 Posts

Aaaand I'm back to redoing old ports.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

37. Post #4317
    October 2014
    69 Posts
    I wanted to work on editing some of my screens and this is what I threw together, the posing is not the best but I kind of like how it turned out in the end.

Original:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4318
    January 2012
    9 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Korea, Republic of Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #4319
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    8,149 Posts
    I think you were a little heavy handed with the effects, it's not too bad though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4320
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,255 Posts
    you forgot to pose the cape and pteruges
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)