1. Post #3601
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,664 Posts

I started work on a port of Old Snake from MGS4.
    The only issue is the fact that it's from an XNALara port, so it's not the best of quality.
    The mats are also WIP, Ageha's gonna clean them up.
    Just use reasonable values for specular and envmaps and you'll be fine

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

2. Post #3602
    November 2014
    800 Posts
    Just use reasonable values for specular and envmaps and you'll be fine

Never knew The Giant's models were being worked on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3603
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    8,152 Posts
    Whose model is that?

Edited:

Oh it's Dempseys I think. If we're getting the Black Ops 3 Zombie protags this early that'd be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

4. Post #3604
    Heisenberg
    March 2005
    5,240 Posts
    The division has some weird setup going on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #3605
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    21,672 Posts
    Where'd you get that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3606
    Gold Member
    June 2015
    643 Posts
    -image-
    if the game uses some sort of level streaming (which it probably does) for its world, the folders in your screenshot might be for separate squares of the world.

I personally would not call a level system like what The Division probably uses weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3607
    Heisenberg
    March 2005
    5,240 Posts
    if the game uses some sort of level streaming (which it probably does) for its world, the folders in your screenshot might be for separate squares of the world.

I personally would not call a level system like what The Division probably uses weird.
    I meant weird in terms of other ubisoft games ;p Anyway,

Another
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #3608
    July 2013
    1,315 Posts

Ported some not-destroyed vehicles, just finishing whatever raw models I have on my external hard drive at this point

Some of them are colourable, some aren't. They had the Lithuanian and Swiss liveries by default, I didn't do anything with the textures, although I might make more of them colourable if I get ambitious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3609
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    8,154 Posts
    do they have physics?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

10. Post #3610
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    5,555 Posts

Ported some not-destroyed vehicles, just finishing whatever raw models I have on my external hard drive at this point

Some of them are colourable, some aren't. They had the Lithuanian and Swiss liveries by default, I didn't do anything with the textures, although I might make more of them colourable if I get ambitious
    Curious, did you do anything with a certain raw vehicle pack that I gave you some months ago?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

11. Post #3611
    July 2013
    1,315 Posts
    do they have physics?
    Yes, they do

Edited:

Curious, did you do anything with a certain raw vehicle pack that I gave you some months ago?
    Which pack was that? People have sent me a lot of packs, so which one was yours?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #3612
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    5,555 Posts
    Yes, they do

Edited:

Which pack was that? People have sent me a lot of packs, so which one was yours?
    Think it was the Fall of Cybertron vehicle pack. The one with both Autobot and Decepticon vehicle forms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

13. Post #3613
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,189 Posts
    Something that should've been done long ago, I think

Also the ArmA 1 RACS guys:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #3614
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,359 Posts
    at long last i'm porting something which i should have right from the beginning.
    tapestry walls.

i would like to have four kinds of walls. blank, with window (like you can see on the right), with doorframe and fifth/sixth-part-sized, like for kitchen-lounge room places.
    there shall also be more ceilings and floors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 21Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #3615
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts
    Looking good.

Any chance of some generic industrial concrete or sheet metal walls as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3616
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,359 Posts
    concrete walls are for certain with the addition of "inverted" decals for torn off tapestries. these will be purely optional as standalone models. so you can put that stuff where you want - as i did in these pics with the concrete and leaking decals.
    as for metal/industrial stuff, yes that is planned aswell. but first indoor stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #3617
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,020 Posts

Finally something to replace the ugly-ass RS heads and hands, great job !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #3618

January 2016
    37 Posts
    Wow, onto thread four! Nice work everyone!

Here's some Wolf Armor I ported from Skyrim and re-rigged:
    this looks amazing.

Edited:

nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 6Optimistic x 1Friendly x 1Late x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #3619
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    578 Posts
    my depiction of ghost from modern warfare 2 without wearing his balaclava

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #3620
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts
    Did he take a dip in a vat of cooking oil just before the picture was taken?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #3621
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    578 Posts
    Did he take a dip in a vat of cooking oil just before the picture was taken?
    ...... No?... Care to elaborate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

22. Post #3622
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts
    Have you really not noticed how shiny everything is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #3623
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    8,152 Posts

Also the ArmA 1 RACS guys:

Cue the disagree rating from SergeantJoe anytime soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #3624
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    578 Posts
    Have you really not noticed how shiny everything is?
    ... You mean the walls?, sure. that's lighting for ya.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3625
    July 2015
    1,217 Posts
    Pretty sure he means the jacket.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #3626
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts
    I kind of mean everything.

Turn down the phong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #3627
    Gold Member

May 2013
    3,139 Posts
    Cue the disagree rating from SergeantJoe anytime soon.
    I specifically gave him permission to hack those onto my port.

People can have whatever heads they want, I don't really care. I just like to use the original as much as possible purely out of personal taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #3628
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,189 Posts
    my depiction of ghost from modern warfare 2 without wearing his balaclava

He looks like Jimmy de Santa from GTAV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3629
    February 2014
    1,974 Posts
    On drugs and at least 15 years older
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #3630
    Gold Member

May 2013
    3,139 Posts
    Finally a bit of progress on this ancient thing.

All that's lefts is the Bofors' and Oerlikons, and also a few final touches on the sailors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #3631
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts
    Any plans to improve the textures? It's probably not supposed to look like it was just dredged up from the bottom of the ocean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #3632
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,558 Posts
    The model itself is cool but the dark textures make it look like a hl2 prefab
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events

33. Post #3633
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,189 Posts
    He looks like Jimmy de Santa from GTAV
    I should've said "kinda". Or "most mlg ghost cosplay doritos and dew".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #3634
    Gold Member

May 2013
    3,139 Posts
    Any plans to improve the textures?
    Could you give some specifics please? The game uses one megatexture for all the ships and I'm terrible at texture editing, so I don't really know how exactly to go about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

35. Post #3635
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,020 Posts
    The ship should look much brighter and, if I'm not mistaken, the bottom of the hull should be red too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Safari Belgium Show Events

36. Post #3636
    Gold Member

May 2013
    3,139 Posts
    The red part is there, it's just below the waterline.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #3637
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts
    Could you give some specifics please?
    You really don't see a problem?

Your ship looks more like this:

Than this:

I get that you might not be the best at texture editing, but i'm sure you can at least do something.

And I'm not sure what class your ship is supposed to be, but it looks like you might have the turrets too high up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #3638
    Gold Member

May 2013
    3,139 Posts
    I honestly don't. That's why I need specifics, just saying "it's shit, make it good" is no help whatsoever.

Anyway, thank you for the advice. I'll brighten it up a bit, make the grey tone lighter and possibly change the color of the deck as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #3639
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,133 Posts
    You really don't see a problem?

Your ship looks more like this:

Than this:

I get that you might not be the best at texture editing, but i'm sure you can at least do something.

And I'm not sure what class your ship is supposed to be, but it looks like you might have the turrets too high up.
    It looks like an Alaska-class Large Cruiser, it's essentially the closest thing the U.S had to a Battlecruiser in World War II. In fact technically it was a battlecruiser, but the Navy brass didn't want them being called that for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

40. Post #3640
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,714 Posts
    I honestly don't. That's why I need specifics, just saying "it's shit, make it good" is no help whatsoever.

Anyway, thank you for the advice. I'll brighten it up a bit, make the grey tone lighter and possibly change the color of the deck as well.
    Try brightening the metalwork, use 'select by color' in photoshop or whatever image editing software you use to select the stained parts and adjust the color to match the base hull better. Personally, I'd use curve adjustments to make the hull more uniform in color. Matching the turrets a little better to the hull might also be a good idea.

I can try taking a look at it if you'd like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)