1. Post #601
    May 2013
    6,987 Posts
    It sucks in Dead Money itself though, due to the lack of limb crippling features.

It's majorly outclasses by the police pistol which will take off limbs with sneak attack criticals, and the melee weapons which can routinely one-shot ghost people if you have a high unarmed/melee (bonus limb damage)

Also, there's almost no MF ammo in the DLC.
    It's good if you have stuff to boost crits/are good with Energy Weapons and Sneak. It does loads of damage (one of the strongest energy weapons, not counting it's DOT effect), and disintegration is a guaranteed kill on Ghost People, so if you can consistently get criticals you won't have too much ammo trouble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,678 Posts
    I wonder if they will implement having awful trigger discipline if you have a very low Guns skill in Fallout 4.
    Would be funny with low guns skill and low luck, guns would sometimes shoot you or shoot the ground below you when holstered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    5,526 Posts
    It sucks in Dead Money itself though, due to the lack of limb crippling features.

It's majorly outclasses by the police pistol which will take off limbs with sneak attack criticals, and the melee weapons which can routinely one-shot ghost people if you have a high unarmed/melee (bonus limb damage)

Also, there's almost no MF ammo in the DLC.
    Weird, I finished the DLC with at least 200 MF ammo to spare, and I was using the Holo rifle quite liberally, then again I basically went through the DLC like a vulture when it came to getting all the loot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #604
    May 2013
    1,290 Posts

'
    Mod Organizer won't let me edit my ini.

Any idea on how to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,138 Posts
    run it as admin? could be a permission error.

better yet, move mod organizer out of program folders

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,060 Posts

'
    Mod Organizer won't let me edit my ini.

Any idea on how to fix this?
    Had the same error. Go to the directory it says and edit the properties on fallout.ini to not be read-only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #607
    May 2013
    1,290 Posts
    Had the same error. Go to the directory it says and edit the properties on fallout.ini to not be read-only.
    Thanks! I couldn't find this fix anywhere. I just moved to mod organizer and now I can say that it's the best mod manager.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,060 Posts
    Okay, More Perks is super overpowered. One of the perks adds a Sierra Madre Slots machine to the abandoned BOS Bunker, with a max bet of 5000 and seemingly no ban threshold, after some spins, well...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

9. Post #609
    May 2013
    1,290 Posts
    Okay, More Perks is super overpowered. One of the perks adds a Sierra Madre Slots machine to the abandoned BOS Bunker, with a max bet of 5000 and seemingly no ban threshold, after some spins, well...
    There's a file that you can edit that will remove any of the perks from gameplay.

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,266 Posts
    People love to shit talk the Holorifle but once you fix it up it's one of the best damage:energy energy weapons in the game, it deals more damage than a Tesla Cannon or Anti-Materiel Rifle (without special ammo), and only uses one MFC per shot making it more efficient than a gauss rifle or YCS/186. It reloads like a shotgun so you can cancel the reload and fire immediately when needed, and because of a bug it will never jam.
    Personally I've never seen the holorifle drop in repair condition once fully repaired and modded, either that's a bug too or it has insanely high health.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,441 Posts
    How do you even win on Slot machines? My luck is 9 (10 with naughty underwear) and I never win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,596 Posts
    How do you even win on Slot machines? My luck is 9 (10 with naughty underwear) and I never win.
    Basically you lose most of the time but get cherries to offset most of the small losses and sometimes get big ones that you make your money off of. You're not going to get rich off of slots fast, but the bonus is that since you make so much money at once you might be able to be a couple thou above the limit when you win.

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,532 Posts

(click for source)

Ignore the obviously fetish, horrendously designed characters.
    But that is awesome, I hope we see unique stuff like this in FO4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

14. Post #614
    May 2013
    6,987 Posts
    I was looking at this placeable map marker mod, and, while it looks really good, I just can't get over this thing that's in most of the screenshots

what is happening
    i dont even know what the point of this screenshot was
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,547 Posts
    Generally for me as you play for quite awhile, maybe 10 mins you'll eventually get thousands. You start off slow and lose but like I said you'll eventually get a lot of money as long as you keep playing.

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,785 Posts
    If we talking about mods now I should probably post this:

New underbarrel grenade launcher attachment in the works

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58098/?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

17. Post #617
    May 2013
    1,290 Posts
    If we talking about mods now I should probably post this:

New underbarrel grenade launcher attachment in the works

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58098/?
    And Xilandro is taking it over to put it in Project B42

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,441 Posts
    Basically you lose most of the time but get cherries to offset most of the small losses and sometimes get big ones that you make your money off of. You're not going to get rich off of slots fast, but the bonus is that since you make so much money at once you might be able to be a couple thou above the limit when you win.
    Oh so I lose some 200 pre war money but win back over 2000 pretty much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,338 Posts
    Tried out that DUST mod linked a little while back. It gives you so little supplies that I actually went to the Divide to get some. I then realized More Perks has the "Where's my pants!?!?", so now I've got a live ED-E following me through this cannibal filled hellhole.

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,532 Posts
    Tried out that DUST mod linked a little while back. It gives you so little supplies that I actually went to the Divide to get some. I then realized More Perks has the "Where's my pants!?!?", so now I've got a live ED-E following me through this cannibal filled hellhole.
    Now that's fucking desperate.
    So what does it actually give you, i don't have the chance to try it.
    Is it just a completely edited vanilla map?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #621
    November 2014
    1,191 Posts
    Dust basically takes out ALL friendly npcs, has no quests, and makes almost every one hostile. Here's the lnk if you want to try it. http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57927/?
    ps: It's pretty damn hard.

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,338 Posts
    Now that's fucking desperate.
    So what does it actually give you, i don't have the chance to try it.
    Is it just a completely edited vanilla map?
    It basically changes all the current NPCs to be Tribals/Cannibals and hostile towards you, they also edited resistances so you basically die from any punk with a 9mm, but you can't exactly do the same. Melee wont work because you'll be killed by someone with a ranged weapon and you don't have much in the way of ammo. However NCR (who's all hostile to you) carry around Battle Rifles and .308 so they're basically what you need to loot from.

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,338 Posts
    Turns out one of the NPCs added in GRA is still alive (assuming you can save him from the 20 ghouls that clobber him) and he sells 4 cases of surplus 5.56 and That Gun.

Welp challenge removed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

24. Post #624
    May 2013
    1,290 Posts

Has science gone too far?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,596 Posts
    So is there some leaked info that's making IGN and other news site jizz themselves over Fallout 4 coming out? I don't see anything from Bethesda themselves but they seem to be pretty sure.

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,532 Posts
    So is there some leaked info that's making IGN and other news site jizz themselves over Fallout 4 coming out? I don't see anything from Bethesda themselves but they seem to be pretty sure.
    it's because bethesda have booked their own slot at E3 they almost never do that unless they have something big to announce like a new TES or FO game.
    (they even said this will be their biggest announcement)
    and it's around the right time for them to release a new game

it will be either doom, dishonoured or FO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #627
    January 2013
    5,841 Posts
    Most likely Doom 4+Fallout/Dishonored. Doubt they will announce an elder scrolls.

I have the hope for Fallout 4 and dishonored 2 s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,596 Posts
    it's because bethesda have booked their own slot at E3 they almost never do that unless they have something big to announce like a new TES or FO game.

Dishonored and Doom are both just being published by Bethesda, so it makes sense.

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    3,233 Posts
    Turns out one of the NPCs added in GRA is still alive (assuming you can save him from the 20 ghouls that clobber him) and he sells 4 cases of surplus 5.56 and That Gun.

Welp challenge removed.
    you're the protagonist now

use your powers wisely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,925 Posts

You don't have a press conference for one game. I highly suspect it'll be all three of those, plus other games Bethesda are publishing. Bethesda Game Studios haven't released a game in over 3 years so they're due for a new game and Fallout is the most obvious candidate, Doom has to be shown this year, and people have been clamouring for Dishonored 2 since the day the first game was released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

31. Post #631
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    20,266 Posts
    A new Elder Scrolls is a possibility, I mean Skyrim came out in 2011, it's been a while.

But yeah, I hope they announce a new Fallout game. Shame it won't be made by Obsidian.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

32. Post #632
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,532 Posts
    A new Elder Scrolls is a possibility, I mean Skyrim came out in 2011, it's been a while.

But yeah, I hope they announce a new Fallout game. Shame it won't be made by Obsidian.
    Won't happen, elder scrolls online came out not too long ago. (as bonerific as it would be to get a new tes it simply won't be happening)
    best guess, we won't hear from TES for another 2-4 years.
    Fallout, doom, dishonoured are most likely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #633
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    20,266 Posts
    God I forgot that shitshow even existed.

34. Post #634
    May 2013
    6,987 Posts
    Won't happen, elder scrolls online came out not too long ago. (as bonerific as it would be to get a new tes it simply won't be happening)
    best guess, we won't hear from TES for another 2-4 years.
    Fallout, doom, dishonoured are most likely.
    ESO isn't really a TES game, Bethesda didn't make it or have any say in it; Zenimax did. It's not gonna delay any TES games.
    That said, I think they'd release a Fallout game before moving on to TES again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,532 Posts
    God I forgot that shitshow even existed.
    I wish we all will.
    God i wish we all will
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    i don't think dishonored will be getting a sequel, the story was pretty much a one-shot, unless it becomes like bioshock where we get a new protag/city.

still i'm putting my money on doompalooza and possibly a fallout teaser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,925 Posts
    i don't think dishonored will be getting a sequel, the story was pretty much a one-shot, unless it becomes like bioshock where we get a new protag/city.

Lots of games have sequels that just take place in the same world. Fallout for example. Or The Elder Scrolls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

38. Post #638
    May 2013
    1,290 Posts

New Doom sounds GOTY by what people seeing that exclusive trailer saw.

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    769 Posts
    Has anyone tried J.Sawyers mod? the one that makes the game more difficult?

How is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    April 2011
    354 Posts
    Legion in a nutshell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)