1. Post #1
    Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    Before you ask questions here LOOK AT THIS THREAD HERE!
    Please kindly keep your Speedtest stuff to yourself, nobody wants it shitting up the thread

Welcome to CIPWTTKT&GC, this thread started out in 2009 as a thread to point and laugh at generally computer illiterate people who the poster had come across, over time however this has become a more general chat for the Hardware And Software forums with actual content similar to the original becoming a rarer breed.

In addition to this thread we also have a Steam Group and an IRC channel
    Server: benjeffery.ca
    Port: 6667
    Channel: #cipwttkt

Google hangouts do occur on occasion however this is usually done on a whenever basis, with many arranged at short notice.

Please try and not go all out fanboy in this thread, nobody wants a thread shat up to high heaven with un-constructive Windows V Linux posts. (Or similar) In general please try to keep things related to the actual topics we are supposed to discuss in this section of the forum. Try to keep a cool head and not stir up drama.

Previous topics
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x21 (v33): Fuck Titles Edition by TonyTheBean
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x20 (v32): Ikea Edition - By kaze4159
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x1F (v31): ᴥ - By Ezhik
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0X1E (v30): Million dollar bitcoin heist edition - By spinpoint F3
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x1D: Just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller - By Flarey
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x1C: Grand Theft Gentoo - By Leestons
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x1B: It's pronounced "Sipwicket", apparently - By gman003-main
    CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x1A (v26): Install Gentoo - By Wingless
    CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x19 (v25): Buttcoin Economy - By TheTailor25
    CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x18 (v24): Warship finds something edition - By Wingless
    CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x17 (v23): Titan Edition - By kaze4159
    CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x16 (v22): Killowatt's Mom Appreciation Station - By Kilowatt
    CIPWTTKT&GC v 0x15 (v21): Thinkpads are Forever - By Lavacano
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x14 (v20): Turning it off and on all day every day By VistaPOWA
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x13 (v19): Ivy Bridge Edition by Wingless
    CIPWTTKT&GC v0x12 (v18): Makol can't Computer Very Good by Wingless
    CIPWTTKT&GC February 2012 (V17): sudo cat /dev/urandom > content by horsedrowner
    CIPWTTKT&GC (V16): Odellus Cock Rubbing Edition by Warship
    CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0F (V15): Scoot and Deeps Drama Diaries by Wingless
    CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0E (V14): Gman003 is our Lord and Savior by ManningQB18
    CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0D (V13): COMIC SAAAAAAAAAANSSSS!!!!!!11111 EDITION By [EG] Pepper
    CIPWTTKT v0x0C (12): Fried Eggs and RAM By JohnEdwards/Wingless
    CIPWTTKT v11: content.rar is missing or corrupted. By LinuX
    Computer Illiterate People that think they know things v0x0A: content.rar is password-protected By LinuX
    Computer Illiterate People that think they know things V9: Windows is a strawberry By LinuX
    Computer Illiterate People that think they know things V8: Mandrith Appreciation Station. By Wingless
    Computer Illiterate People that think they know things V7 Content: Out of stock By [EG] Pepper
    Computer illiterate people who think they know things V6 - My CPU is clocked to 11:00AM By codenamecueball
    Computer illiterate people who think they know things V5 - I FLICK PSU VOLTAGE SWITCH By Comrade General
    Computer illiterate people who think they know things [V4] By PivotDJ
    Computer illiterate people who think they know things [v3] By daijitsu
    Computer illiterate people that think they know things V2 By Oktoberman!
    Computer illiterate people that think they know things. By xZippy

Very old OP: template, link retained for whatever reason
    http://pastebin.com/SQH8XnuM
    New OP template, for future threads
    http://pastebin.com/Nu1cZh4C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,664 Posts
    Holy shit you're quick. But I guess there's a limit on threads again and they must be purging the less popular sections?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    Holy shit you're quick. But I guess there's a limit on threads again and they must be purging the less popular sections?
    Yeah I had the OP code noted down for a rainy day. Note to mods, If this thread is no longer allowed please lock it and accept my profound apologies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,349 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("GMF Leaking" - SteveUK))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Informative Informative x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,970 Posts
    Mmm new thread smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,684 Posts
    R.I.P sipwicket v33 April 27th 2013 - January 13th 2015

Died before its time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,443 Posts
    holy crap that was a long thread.

How fast does the 5k posts go in sipwicket? a few weeks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,684 Posts
    holy crap that was a long thread.

How fast does the 5k posts go in sipwicket? a few weeks?
    125 pages is about a month I think

Edited:

Actually in the last thread 125 pages goes back to mid November so I guess we've slowed down a bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #9
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,080 Posts
    Well goddamn it's been a while since we've had a new thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    are we still sick of the new thread smell joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

11. Post #11
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,664 Posts

I do not own any Apple devices, the link is a valid Apple URL, and it was sent to my Apple ID.

Should I be worried?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,349 Posts
    Is there anyway to close your own thread? I accidentally double posted a thread.

13. Post #13
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,970 Posts
    Is there anyway to close your own thread? I accidentally double posted a thread.
    contact a mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts

I do not own any Apple devices, the link is a valid Apple URL, and it was sent to my Apple ID.

Should I be worried?
    Uh. Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #15
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,664 Posts
    It appears to be a legitimate email, as the details state:

Received: from mdn-msbadger0406.apple.com

It has what appears to be a valid case number, but I can't look it up.

I guess a phone call with Apple is in order?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,367 Posts
    OK. Trimming down on unused subforums is fine, but I greatly prefer having two columns. Also, There definitely needs to be a general server subforum in the general games discussion section.

17. Post #17
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,349 Posts
    Oh god what, all General Games threads have been moved to Valve/Steam/PowerPlay.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,367 Posts
    Oh god, and PC building is gone. That's a perfect example of a subforum that needs to be self contained. It's not super high in traffic, but will just flood whatever it gets put in with low/no value threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts
    It appears to be a legitimate email, as the details state:

Received: from mdn-msbadger0406.apple.com

It has what appears to be a valid case number, but I can't look it up.

I guess a phone call with Apple is in order?

Yeah. Likely means someone tried to get your account from support.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #20
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    Oh god, and PC building is gone. That's a perfect example of a subforum that needs to be self contained. It's not super high in traffic, but will just flood whatever it gets put in with low/no value threads.
    Could just do with a megathread though? Quick questions should cover technical support.

21. Post #21
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,664 Posts
    Yeah. Likely means someone tried to get your account from support.
    Mmkay. I'll definitely give them a call in case there's anything they can do on their end.

The only suspect I can think is that I traded my iPad mini to some guy a long time ago, but it was really like 2 years ago, so the warranty is certainly gone, and I wiped it before trading so it had no account info associated.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,367 Posts
    Eh, a megathread sort of works for that, but It's a lot more browsable/searchable as individual threads.

Say a friend of mine asks me for recommendation for a 600 dollar build without a graphics card. I can just look into the ~900 dollar builds and see what they are using to check and see if there are any special deals, or new parts that slipped under my radar.

Same thing with all the hobbies subforums. Minecraft section is going to flood the general forum with servers.

23. Post #23
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    Well if we had a megathread we could just keep the OP up to date with the latest recommendations for builds within a particular budget?

24. Post #24
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    Well if we had a megathread we could just keep the OP up to date with the latest recommendations for builds within a particular budget?
    If this is the case then yeah me and Level can organize build lists.
    Also new thread smell. Smells. Cresty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts
    Eh, a megathread sort of works for that, but It's a lot more browsable/searchable as individual threads.

Say a friend of mine asks me for recommendation for a 600 dollar build without a graphics card. I can just look into the ~900 dollar builds and see what they are using to check and see if there are any special deals, or new parts that slipped under my radar.

Same thing with all the hobbies subforums. Minecraft section is going to flood the general forum with servers.
    http://www.logicalincrements.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,688 Posts
    i found an easy way of showing which ways case fans blows :~)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    19,687 Posts
    they always blow out the side with the motor supports
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,870 Posts
    I don't know what to do anymore... They got rid of my PC Building while I was taking a nap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    Nope nope nope.
    Who in the flying dick would recommend a z97 motherboard with an i3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events

30. Post #30
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,982 Posts
    Can we please work on a new OP from scratch? The one we've been using is a huge clutter of mess and went out of relevance years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    Can we please work on a new OP from scratch? The one we've been using is a huge clutter of mess and went out of relevance years ago.
    On it, should be done by the end of the weekend with a bit of luck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,080 Posts
    On it, should be done by the end of the weekend with a bit of luck
    It would be nicer if we still had [release] and such :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts
    Nope nope nope.
    Who in the flying dick would recommend a z97 motherboard with an i3.
    Why the hell not? Most motherboard manufacturers focus on the top level chipset anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,425 Posts
    i wish garry had kept the two columns

can someone make it two columns again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    Why the hell not? Most motherboard manufacturers focus on the top level chipset anyway.
    no man no absolutely not

why would you pay an extra 30 quid for over clocking motherboard when you aren't buying a decent over clockable cpu to go with it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,367 Posts
    That site is fairly awful. Lots of meh parts, and they have really really bizarre price points for deciding to upgrade specific parts.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts
    no man no absolutely not

why would you pay an extra 30 quid for over clocking motherboard when you aren't buying a decent over clockable cpu to go with it?
    It's an extra 20 dollars for overclocking and a extra PCI-E 3 16x slot. It's worth it IMHO.

It's mainly for future proofing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,488 Posts
    They purged all the subforums I frequented :(

RIP AA community
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,599 Posts
    i wish garry had kept the two columns

can someone make it two columns again
    I did half an hour ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    It's an extra 20 dollars for overclocking and a extra PCI-E 3 16x slot. It's worth it IMHO.

It's mainly for future proofing.
    No such thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)