View Poll Results: Which body? Vote both if uncertain.

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • UNP

30 69.77%
  • CBBE

14 32.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #1
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    See title. It's between CBBE or UNP. Keep armor compatibility in mind. I'm going to only be using one set of face textures in my upcoming Skyrim ports, so it's going be final. No, I won't be porting the body itself. Rather, it'll be the deciding factor in armors and textures.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,359 Posts
    Personally, I'd go with the UNP body over CBBE. The UNP body is more versatile than CBBE since there are more body armor mods that actually work with the UNP body alone, while also causing no issues with the default armor sets at all. On the other hand, the CBBE body usually requires replacing the default armor with CBBE compatible sets from what I've seen, and the body armor mods seem to consist of armor sets that are almost always specifically made for characters that somehow have breasts the size of a fucking zeppelin blimp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    Agree. Any suggestions on a face/hands texture? So far I'm liking Fair Skin Complexion for UNP a lot.

Edit:

Here it is on a Ningeheim/Breton hybrid:

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,178 Posts
    unpb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,189 Posts
    I dont know these mods, but I'd go with the exact opposite of what looks like FakeFactory female models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    8,151 Posts
    is this just limited to female bodies?

7. Post #7
    March 2014
    82 Posts
    Neither are realistic, but I prefer CBBE because of BodySlide, so I'd say CBBE.

8. Post #8
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    For now, I'm just finishing the head. The male head is going to come after this and some hairs/armors.

Edited:

Neither are realistic, but I prefer CBBE because of BodySlide, so I'd say CBBE.
    As I mentioned before, Bodyslide won't even be used. This is about proportions and armor selection.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    5,552 Posts
    Go for UNP, whatever that means. MOAR OPTIONS!

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,359 Posts
    Agree. Any suggestions on a face/hands texture? So far I'm liking Fair Skin Complexion for UNP a lot.
    If I could actually find the texture mod that I was using a while back with the UNP bodies, I'd link you to it. It seems like it may have been pulled from the Nexus though, so I'll see if I can find one of the other sets I was using.

Considering that UNP/UNPB and CBBE are body mods for female characters, the two options presented are only limited to female bodies. There are male body replacers as well, but those are made by different people from what I can remember.

11. Post #11

May 2012
    16 Posts
    I dont know these mods, but I'd go with the exact opposite of what looks like FakeFactory female models.
    neither then?

12. Post #12
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    neither then?
    UNP actually looks decent, and towards weight 0 looks quite realistic.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,691 Posts
    I like CNHF myself it doesn't look overtly idealized, but it hasn't been massively adopted by the community so there's hardly any content for it.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,178 Posts
    UNP actually looks decent, and towards weight 0 looks quite realistic.
    albiet still an idealistic portrayal of the female form.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,924 Posts
    Go for both. The more customization, the merrier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,059 Posts
    UNP looks more realistic and the mesh topology isn't a complete fucking mess when it deforms like CBBE does.

There's really no contest in the geometry department.

skin
    Real girls real skin, pretty much no comparison in that department either.

17. Post #17
    Do you guys also port props? :S I am remaking whiterun for gmod and really would need some skyrim props.

18. Post #18
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    Do you guys also port props? :S I am remaking whiterun for gmod and really would need some skyrim props.
    Znalecc ported some props from skyrim and it contained various buildings from whiterun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    UNP it is. Ported the Blood Witch armor to start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    6,345 Posts
    Whats up with the textures

21. Post #21
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    Whats up with the textures
    Something messed up when I saved the normal map, so the SSAO was acting up. Here's a screenshot from HLMV.

Only problem are the 16mb normal maps. Sigh.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    6,345 Posts
    Did you edit the diffuse or something? The leather looks like it's had its contrast jacked up and you have weird shit going on with the pants and arms

23. Post #23
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    Did you edit the diffuse or something? The leather looks like it's had its contrast jacked up and you have weird shit going on with the pants and arms
    No, it's ported directly from the DDS files of the original mod. I can send over the textures if you'd like to tweak it.

24. Post #24
    October 2011
    197 Posts
    How about Serana?

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    6,345 Posts
    No, it's ported directly from the DDS files of the original mod. I can send over the textures if you'd like to tweak it.
    Nah not necessary, I ported the armor months ago when I was learning Skyrim to Source. Can you post a shot of the diffuse from vtfedit?

26. Post #26
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    Something messed up when I saved the normal map, so the SSAO was acting up. Here's a screenshot from HLMV.

-image-

Only problem are the 16mb normal maps. Sigh.
    Dat metal shders, could you give me the vmt codes there?

Edited:

How about Serana?
    I support this, double it if you use Seranaholic face, also Selene Kate follower mod is another suggestion

27. Post #27
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    Dat metal shders, could you give me the vmt codes there?

Edited:

I support this, double it if you use Seranaholic face, also Selene Kate follower mod is another suggestion
    VMT Codes (requires alpha-masked metal and a decent normal map):

Code:
    	"$phong" 1
    	"$phongboost" "4"
    	"$phongexponent" 45
    	"$phongtint" "[.85 .85 1]"
    	"$phongfresnelranges" "[.3 .65 30]"
    	"$halflambert" "0"
    	"$nocull" "1"
    	"$envmap" env_cubemap
    	"$envmaptint" "[0.3 0.3 0.3]"
            "$normalmapalphaenvmapmask" 1
    Also, sure, I'll merge in the Seranaholic face real quick.

Edited:

Update: Seranaholic face preset added as the 7th total, into the 6th slot.

28. Post #28
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    If you could use this hair too:
    That would be nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    March 2014
    297 Posts

That would be nice.
    Is that from the same Seranaholic mod?

30. Post #30
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    Yeah, it's the file: Seranaholic v1_0_1

31. Post #31
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    Yeah, it's the file: Seranaholic v1_0_1
    Alright, I'm not exactly sure how to tint hair files. However, I'll definitely do my best to replicate. I'm thinking a dark, dark brown?

Edit:

32. Post #32
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    Alright, I'm not exactly sure how to tint hair files. However, I'll definitely do my best to replicate. I'm thinking a dark, dark brown?

Edit:
    -Pics-
    Perhaps less dessaturation would look more like it, but just a bit.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    5,552 Posts

That would be nice.
    Is it possible to use the standard hairstyle for Serana as well for a body/skingroup? I kind of like the original a bit better than that.

34. Post #34
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    It's very easy to make it a bodygroup.

35. Post #35
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    The hairs are separate models that I'll be porting like 20 of, unless I get bored.

36. Post #36
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    Also are you going to do Selene Kate?: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36993/?

37. Post #37
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    Also are you going to do Selene Kate?: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36993/?
    7 presets is still decent, and Kate is in a BSA file I'm too lazy to extract. If you want to do so, feel free, and I'll merge her right in.

38. Post #38
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    There's a loose file (non bsa), and if you want I can extract the bsa for you.

I would like if you could use this appearance:

39. Post #39
    March 2014
    297 Posts
    There's a loose file (non bsa), and if you want I can extract the bsa for you.
    The meshes are in the BSA. Extract if you really want her as a preset.

40. Post #40
    June 2012
    481 Posts
    The meshes are in the BSA. Extract if you really want her as a preset.
    Alright, I'll do it later tho my internet is freaking slow now.