1. Post #1
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    A Brief summary of what is going on right now
    It is the year 867 the year of our lord, and events are unfoldng in Europe that will utterly change the course of history for the entire continent in ways not seen since the death of the reign of CharlemagneFollowers of the Germanic tradition, having been driven from Saxony/Germany, are now known as "Norse". In Scandanavia, small tribes are attempting to subjugate each other in the hope of forming Norway and Sweden.The sons of Ragnarr Lo­brok are attempting to carve out pieces of England in revenge for the murder of their father. Farther East, Rurik is beginning his attempt to form Rus.While the Norse are powerful now, they are vulnerable to gavelkind and conversion by missionaries King Arpad of the Magyars is beginning a series of invasions with the hope of settling in Hungary. Six Karling kingdoms dominate Western Europe. Will enough Karling realms unite, though claim wars or inheritance, to create a new empire?The Umayyad Sultanate of Al-Andalus controls 2/3rds of Iberia However the Spanish Kings in the North have fortified their holdings and are a serious threat to any hope for Andalusian reconquest of Iberia The Abbasid Caliph, Al-Mu'tazz, rules over a weakened Arabian empire. Former vassals have become de facto independent. The Caliph's half-brothers consider claimant bids, while the Turkish dukes in Jerusalem clamor for independence. Meanwhile, the Saffarids ruling Persia have less than 90 years to prepare for a storm from the east...
    Political Map:
    Religious Map
    TURN KEY
    Not Needed after first turn
    [B]Flag/Banner 250x150 or 150x250
    Nation:
    Dynasty & Coat of Arms
    Religion of Nation & Dynasty:
    Culture:
    Needed after first turn
    Internal Affairs: anything to do with your nation/tribe
    External Affairs: anything to do with other nations, i.e wars, alliances, marriages
    Dynastic Affairs: anything to do with your dynasty, such as succession law changes, religious conversion, marriages to other dynasties
    Military: anything to do with the military
    Espionage:
    Technology: put down five I will choose two
    Please put only ten lines per turn for now, limit will be increased as time goes on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,976 Posts
    byzantines

3. Post #3
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    ALSO, Im only accepting ten people atm and each turn the limit will go up

just a sec, have to fix the opening

4. Post #4
    June 2013
    6,435 Posts
    i call arab spain charles martel will be my bitch

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,485 Posts
    Love the informative OP

what year will this begin in?

6. Post #6
    June 2013
    6,435 Posts
    Love the informative OP

876, i guess he accidentally edited out the OP.

7. Post #7
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    Love the informative OP

he says as I fix the op

8. Post #8
    December 2013
    421 Posts
    Claiming Varangian Russia.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,750 Posts
    Claiming Asturias

10. Post #10
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    I almost forgot to mention turns will be 30 years for now

Edited:

lets make it clear you need the second part of the turn with the first half, thought people would have enough common sense to send in a whole turn....

11. Post #11
    December 2014
    91 Posts
    Claiming the brown piece above Aral sea.

I can rename it, right? I wanna name it Salurid Khanate.

12. Post #12
    December 2013
    421 Posts

That's Cumania, basically a Kipchaki-cultured Tengri nation. This map is pretty much going off of CK2, which it has as Cumania/Cuman cultured. I'd guess changing the dynasty would be fine, but the culture and religion will probs stay at first unless you choose to convert.

13. Post #13
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts

The brown piece above the aral sea is Turkestan, it's a Turkish khanate and has a Turkish culture and tengri faith.

14. Post #14
    December 2014
    91 Posts
    The brown piece above the aral sea is Turkestan, it's a Turkish khanate and has a Turkish culture and tengri faith.
    That's Cumania, basically a Kipchaki-cultured Tengri nation. This map is pretty much going off of CK2, which it has as Cumania/Cuman cultured. I'd guess changing the dynasty would be fine, but the culture and religion will probs stay at first unless you choose to convert.
    I never said anything about culture/religion, I simply asked if I could rename the Khanate, religion and culture will stay the same

15. Post #15
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    I never said anything about culture/religion, I simply asked if I could rename the Khanate, religion and culture will stay the same
    Yes you can, no need to be so snappy

16. Post #16
    December 2013
    421 Posts
    I know m8, just telling you about the culture and religion to help you

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    I am claiming Francia, or France, or the Holy Gallic Empire. Or whatever.

18. Post #18
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    Get your turns in by Friday, also because this is an rp with dynasties don't be surprised if certain nations inherit others

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,374 Posts
    This... looks awesome. I'll be Bavaria. Turn will be in tonight or tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    Turn will be out tomorrow everyone