1. Post #1
    Dennab
    June 2014
    1,980 Posts

http://archive.today/YICbE
    http://archive.today/5z2ow
    http://archive.today/mqRQl

I WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS SINCE PEOPLE SEEM TO BE HAVING A VERY HARD TIME PAYING ATTENTION TO THE PREVIOUS UPDATES.

ONE : CONTACT ME AT CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM FROM NOW ON IF YOU NEED TO GET A HOLD OF ME

TWO : I CAN'T PAY BACK MORE BACKERS TILL I'VE PAID THE IRS. I OWE THE IRS A LOT OF MONEY. I -HAVE- ALREADY PAID BACK THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BEFORE MY IRS DEBT BECAME A BIGGER CONCERN, SO PLEASE STOP TELLING PEOPLE I AM TAKING THE MONEY AND RUNNING FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK. MY KICKSTARTER BACKERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF ME AT CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM. ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A TROLL OR NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

THREE : I'M NOT MAKING A LIVING WAGE YET (I.E. I CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE, MY HEALTH IS FAILING IN VARIOUS ASPECTS, SO IT'S PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT I CAN AFFORD THESE THINGS BEFORE PAYING MORE PEOPLE BACK)

FOUR : UNTIL I PAY BACK THE IRS AND AM MAKING A LIVING WAGE, I CAN NOT CONTINUE TO PAYBACK KICKSTARTER SUPPORTERS. PERIOD. END OF STORY. I AM STILL WORKING HARD TO MAKE A LIVING WAGE AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN SOONER, THEN STOP ENABLING HARASSMENT OF ME, AND START SUPPORTING MY PIXEL ART, MUSIC, AND VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT.

FIVE : SEE ONE

ENABLING TROLLS, STALKERS, AND HARASSERS TO BOTHER ME ABOUT THIS VIA TWITTER IS NOT GOING TO HELP ME GET TO A BETTER PLACE FINANCIALLY, SO THOSE OF YOU DOING SO, PLEASE STOP

ONCE AGAIN, YOU CAN -ALWAYS- GET A HOLD OF ME VIA CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

ONCE AGAIN, THAT IS CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

CONSOLEatDEVIEVERdotCOM

P.S. ON A MORE PERSONAL NOTE, I AM NO LONGER GOING BY THE NAME DEVI EVER, SO PLEASE RESPECT THAT AS I HAVE WRITTEN HERE, AND REFER TO ME AS GRACE LYNN. THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO RUN AWAY FROM MY DEBTS, BUT A VERY PERSONAL DECISION. ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE READ HERE AND RESPECT MY DECISION.
    Update:
    This is not a joke.

I want this to be over with.

People are now organizing a harassment campaign against me, enabling people not even involved in this kickstarter including a stalker who has been harassing me on a daily basis for three years.

I have no money to give anyone.

I can't even pay for my own medical coverage.

I just want this over with.

Please sue me. I beg of you. Take me to court. Have this all done.

You won't get your money any fucking quicker, but you'll ruin my life just like you want, and we can all be over with this.

I just want the harassment to end.

I'm begging you.
    tl;dr: Kickstarter project gets funded, doesn't get finished, donates money to Feminist Frequency rather than paying backers back and paying taxes. Now she's playing the harassment victim card and in emotional distress due to the government expecting taxes to get paid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 362Dumb x 16Informative x 3Starred x 3Friendly x 3Useful x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,466 Posts
    This is how calm, collected developers handle issues with responsibility.

IN aLL CAPS AFTER SOME POOR LIFE DECISIONS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 212Funny x 21Starred x 2Zing x 2Useful x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2013
    6,449 Posts
    This is why GamerGate is still a thing.
    I mean, it's probably just outside trolls that are doing this. Besides, she didn't make the game she promised and gave a lot of the money to a woman who is a huge cancer on the gaming community right now. It's not justified to harass her but I can see why people would do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 104Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,428 Posts
    what a fucking bitch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 223Zing x 3Dumb x 2Disagree x 1Informative x 1Starred x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,717 Posts
    "stop harassing me to give back your money!!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 185Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    June 2014
    1,980 Posts
    I mean, it's probably just outside trolls that are doing this. Besides, she didn't make the game she promised and gave a lot of the money to a woman who is a huge cancer on the gaming community right now. It's not justified to harass her but I can see why people would do that.
    Of course, I don't think anyone that is emotionally invested in GamerGate at this point is going out and harassing women. Either way, she's in the wrong for doing this. Glad there's a focus on ethical behavior though because without #GamerGate still being a thing, this "indie dev" would probably get away with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    1,790 Posts
    oh man she's gonna get sued so fucking hard she'll go straight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 173Funny x 82Zing x 5Dumb x 2Optimistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,686 Posts
    Really a dick move to do that - the people gave money to support your game, not an unrelated video series. Kickstarter should force a refund.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 225Zing Zing x 4Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    23,014 Posts
    This isn't a game project, it was for a modular effects system for a guitar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 71Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,466 Posts
    Really a dick move to do that - the people gave money to support your game, not an unrelated video series. Kickstarter should force a refund.
    The IRS should come down hard, is what should happen.

I mean she had money to pay back her (multiple) debts, and she gave it away.
    There's a prison sentence somewhere in all this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 114 (list)

11. Post #11
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    34,793 Posts
    Have fun in prison
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing x 80Optimistic x 9Agree x 6Funny x 2Disagree x 1Starred x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    8,224 Posts
    What do you call a developer who takes money and then doesn't develop (well, if at all)?

Personally, I call it fraud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 142Zing Zing x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    March 2006
    6,688 Posts
    This is why GamerGate is still a thing.
    I though gamergate was about "ethics in games journalism" and not "things women have done"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 82Dumb Dumb x 9Zing Zing x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,466 Posts
    What do you call a developer who takes money and then doesn't develop (well, if at all)?

Personally, I call it fraud.
    I like to call it a reason to change your name to Grace Lynn.

READ HERE. RESPECT MY DECISION.

I though gamergate was about "ethics in games journalism" and not "things women have done"?
    Gamergate is permanently tied to Anita. People will label anything that has to do with her as part of Gamergate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    June 2014
    1,980 Posts
    Wouldn't you classify this as an ethical issue? Remember, developers come into the equation also.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 72Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2005
    2,605 Posts
    One of the first games I made was about my transition, non-binary gender, & fighting TERFs (Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist).
    Do these people live in reality?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 180Dumb x 5Agree x 4Informative x 2Artistic x 1Starred x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2013
    593 Posts
    Im pretty sure that this leaves Anita up for a lawsuit too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 5Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

July 2013
    8,537 Posts
    I'm no expert but isn't that Fraud?

She's going to the slammer for a long damn time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

19. Post #19
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,751 Posts
    What was the kickstarter for out of curiosity? nevermind, found it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1071510

I'm no expert but isn't that Fraud?

She's going to the slammer for a long damn time.
    Pretty much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    December 2013
    3,958 Posts
    shit like this is why a large amount of people see feminism as a fucking joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 157Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    March 2006
    6,688 Posts
    How, theoretically speaking, would more "ethics" in games journalism have prevented a woman from reneging on her non-binding agreement to deliver a return to her kickstarter backers? Pls don't get angry this is an honest question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 16Agree x 5Artistic x 3Funny x 2Friendly x 2Late x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    9,232 Posts
    I thought Devi Ever didn't like Anita, and was supportive of GG? God these honkeys flip flop like a fish out of the sea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    June 2014
    1,980 Posts
    This isn't a game project, it was for a modular effects system for a guitar.
    True, I messed up the title when I started researching the project earlier. My bad. She's still a developer though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2005
    23,014 Posts
    What was the kickstarter for out of curiosity?
    It was for a cartridge based modular guitar effects system. It was announced failed over a year ago, almost to the day actually. No idea she just decided to up and donate the money when she had financial problems and people asking to pay her back for the failure. There is fiscal irresponsibility, and then there is this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    May 2010
    2,231 Posts
    That was a really fucking stupid decision which is going to bite her in the ass painfully.

I feel bad for her but she deserves the trouble that's coming for her.

Scratch that, no longer feel bad for her.

She's lying thief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree x 224Funny x 11Informative x 2Starred x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    June 2014
    1,980 Posts
    How, theoretically speaking, would more "ethics" in games journalism have prevented a woman from reneging on her non-binding agreement to deliver a return to her kickstarter backers? Pls don't get angry this is an honest question.
    An emphasis on indie developers behaving like professionals would probably result in that. I'd argue that #GamerGate is fighting for that kind of change in the industry.

These people are entitled, they answer to nobody.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

27. Post #27
    February 2005
    23,014 Posts
    This really has nothing to do with GamerGate besides the fact that she has "game developer" in her Twitter bio. This has to do with guitar pedals. E: And the fact that she up and donated the money to FemFreq.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 43Zing Zing x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    August 2005
    8,224 Posts
    It wouldn't.

However, the whole "GamerGate" fiasco has put a fucking huge-ass magnifying glass on the entire scene of "indie game dev," and it is that magnifying glass that more less ensures that dishonest actions like this will never fade into obscurity.

"indie game dev" was more or less a wild west before "GamerGate" shoved it front and center on the media stage. While GamerGate's motives revolve around the integrity of gaming journalism, the catalyst for its appearance was independent game development.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 39Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    March 2006
    6,688 Posts
    True, I messed up the title when I started researching the project earlier. My bad. She's still a developer though.
    Lets pretend that, magically, we injected 500cc's of "ethics" into "games journalism." How would that have prevented or impeded this lone individual from abandoning her kickstarter project?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 47Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    July 2007
    12,914 Posts
    Took peoples cash and gave it away and you're refusing to give refunds, then asking people to just respect the decision? THEN you change your name?

Mate, you're gonna get fucking devastated in court.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 86 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    June 2014
    1,980 Posts
    This really has nothing to do with GamerGate besides the fact that she has "game developer" in her Twitter bio. This has to do with guitar pedals. E: And the fact that she up and donated the money to FemFreq.
    Fair enough.

32. Post #32
    May 2012
    1,050 Posts
    I can't tell, is this Devi Ever?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    February 2005
    23,014 Posts
    I can't tell, is this Devi Ever?
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    June 2014
    1,980 Posts
    Lets pretend that, magically, we injected 500cc's of "ethics" into "games journalism." How would that have prevented or impeded this lone individual from abandoning her kickstarter project?
    Like I said, emphasis on developers acting like professionals would certainly make her think twice about sending thousands of dollars of backer money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    1,790 Posts
    What bothers me is that she says she is in "ailing health."
    ok fair enough, provide the proof. What did your doctor say?
    I'll wait here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    June 2014
    1,980 Posts
    I'll wait here.
    Remember, the burden of proof isn't on her. She's allowed to make ridiculous claims and have her friends on Twitter jump on you for even questioning such a thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 55Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2005
    2,605 Posts
    Who says it would? I just came here to laugh at a person disconnected from reality but now reality caught up with them fiscally.

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    March 2006
    6,688 Posts
    It wouldn't.

However, the whole "GamerGate" fiasco has put a fucking huge-ass magnifying glass on the entire scene of "indie game dev," and it is that magnifying glass that more less ensures that dishonest actions like this will never fade into obscurity.
    Are you implying that the abandonment of a $40,000 kickstarter project would have escaped public scrutiny if not for it's tenuous ties to "feminism?"

"indie game dev" was more or less a wild west before "GamerGate" shoved it front and center on the media stage.
    And what, exactly, has changed (concrete answers please) since the appearance of gamergate apart from the fact that we now have enough twitter slapfights to last us through this winter and the next?

Like I stay out of the gamergate thread since I get banned whenever I make cool + funny posts in it but I skimmed it recently and it seems to me that gamergate is currently 100% about picking fights with people on twitter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 33Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2005
    8,224 Posts
    I'll wait here.
    Don't you see.

She can't afford getting diagnosed by a medical professional because of all the money she owes the IRS.

Which, by the way, is what I am more interested. What the fuck did she do to cause the IRS to come down as hard as she claims they are?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,606 Posts
    You have to be a very special kind of retard to not pay off a fucking IRS debt with money you actually had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 57Useful Useful x 1 (list)