1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,606 Posts
    "And here are a list of ways the government legitimates itself through violence:"
    Well ugh, to fight violence i think you have to be prepared to fight violence.

2. Post #42
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,566 Posts
    Latvian state police
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #43
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts

4. Post #44
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,064 Posts
    The Carabiniere have one of the coolest uniforms in law enforcement

And so do the Rhode Island State Police
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    September 2014
    810 Posts

I know this image as already been posted but it's just too badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #46

I mean shit, its a fucking elite taskforce for special operations posing for a picture with a huge ass, arms wide open jesus photobombing it.
    Jesus is cleary saying "Come at us, bro".

Also BOPE is more likely to be called to response to an armed threat. When you want to do riot control, should call Choque.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,244 Posts

I personally think it's funny that the Mexican police have an American bulldog as their police dog.

8. Post #48
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    8,924 Posts

I personally think it's funny that the Mexican police hve an American bulldog as their police dog.
    Why?

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,244 Posts
    Not usually used as a service dog, plus I had one and I swear they just look mean but they're the nicest dogs ever. I couldn't believe it honestly.

Honestly thought it would have been a classic police dog breed, like a shepard or a rottweiler. They're usually the easiest to work with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Dennab
    September 2014
    1,549 Posts
    Jesus Christ, Serbian police look like something out of a cyberpunk movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Herpetologist
    June 2010
    2,410 Posts
    Some from the US, We have the hard core teams

But most of them look like this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 3Starred Starred x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    St. Louis PD this is not how you try and do PR, come on guys

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,455 Posts
    I have an uncle who's a cop. He's 6'9", muscular, and has tattoo all over his arms. People don't fuck with him for one of two reaons. One, he's scarry to look at, and who wants to get in a fight with a literal giant? Two, he will beat the shit out of someone to the fullest extent of the law. He's an awesome guy too.

The Venezuelan police look like they watched some cyber punk and robocop, then made body armor based off that.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,255 Posts
    I really don't get why most nations use specialized military vehicles for things like swat teams. Here in holland we just use undercover heavily armoured BMW's and mercedes. Then again, when our equivalent of a swat team goes to arrest someone, they usually just have jeans on.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

15. Post #55
    Herpetologist
    June 2010
    2,410 Posts
    St. Louis PD this is not how you try and do PR, come on guys
    Actually the actual department (Asheville NC) this shot comes from is pretty diverse, unfortunately they are corrupt as shit.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,800 Posts
    Shots from Ferguson

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 6Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    May 2005
    8,598 Posts
    I really don't get why most nations use specialized military vehicles for things like swat teams. Here in holland we just use undercover heavily armoured BMW's and mercedes. Then again, when our equivalent of a swat team goes to arrest someone, they usually just have jeans on.

The US uses them generally because they are surplus military vehicles. Why bother spending tens of thousands to buy and uparmor a BMW when you can have an MRAP for basically transportation costs.

Also we tend to favor a professional police force, which is why ours wear BDU's. Non-uniformed SWAT teams are frowned upon.

Edited:

Not usually used as a service dog, plus I had one and I swear they just look mean but they're the nicest dogs ever. I couldn't believe it honestly.

Honestly thought it would have been a classic police dog breed, like a shepard or a rottweiler. They're usually the easiest to work with.
    Many police dogs are, intentionally, selected from friendly breeds. Shepards are high energy and smart, but they are not actually the best at tracking scents and are a liability even if not trained as an attack dog. A dog that can be used to track the scent of innocent people lost in the woods or kidnapped, or just generally doesn't attack people, actually has more uses than an attack dog, who will always be a liability.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Dennab
    August 2013
    4,230 Posts
    "And here are a list of ways the government legitimates itself through violence:"
    I want my police officers to have calm negotiation as their only option with the person who threatens to blow a school up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,538 Posts
    Was expecting to see these tbh

Taiwan
    These guys kinda look like the puddy monsters from power rangers, except with guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

20. Post #60
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    11,412 Posts

These guys look like they know a thing or two about removing things.
    And they've already removed all of the kebab near them.
    You're next.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,215 Posts
    British Soldier:

American Police:

Stop Police Militarization!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    26,853 Posts

lightly armed
    lightly armed? they're toting 7.62 and one of them has a pkm. yeh they don't have super tacticool black armour all over them but they're packing more firepower than pmuch every other picture featured in this terrible article
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #63

I like the dude on the top right
    It's cool man, just 5 more levels and you'll unlock him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    8,924 Posts
    lightly armed? they're toting 7.62 and one of them has a pkm. yeh they don't have super tacticool black armour all over them but they're packing more firepower than pmuch every other picture featured in this terrible article
    I suspect it might mean compared to their normal amount of firepower.

25. Post #65
    katbug
    I don't know why but I have a seriously hard time taking those Indian forces seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    I think whats great, is the way police is spelled, almost makes it look polite, as if they would knock on your door rather than bashing it in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,124 Posts

rcmp represent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,006 Posts
    they should do one of these for the fire services of the world
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    7,741 Posts

I like the dude on the top right
    YOU SEE IVAN, WHEN COVER EYES LIKE ME YOU NEVER SHOOT THE INACCURATE FOR FEAR OF HITTING TEAMMATE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #70
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    3,656 Posts
    so fucking glad more than one other person enjoys a malkavian mod reference every once and awhile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Starred Starred x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Dennab
    September 2013
    1,924 Posts

Nova Scotia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    Dennab
    July 2008
    484 Posts
    earth police represent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,446 Posts

They have dog armor. GG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    July 2012
    24 Posts
    In Slovenia we don't fuck around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Starred Starred x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    March 2012
    614 Posts

Dude bolivian police are scary scare. They look like they're from army of two or something, ready to annihilate crime.
    Nothing says Im gonna rip your head off like walking through purple smoke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,008 Posts
    Yeah germany has SEK, it stands for "Spezialeinsatzkommando"

Before SEK, we had GSG 9 (Grenzschutzgruppe 9) ..

you might have also seen this armour in Counter-Strike
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,406 Posts
    Ungh German weaponry turns me on so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #78
    July 2008
    653 Posts

_
    No but seriously, Estonia supposedly.