1. Post #1
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    READ ME AND SEND IN TURNS AS TURN 1

No map as of yet, I could really use some help with this.   

Major events of 1942:
    - A meteor approaches earth at breakneck speed before slowing down considerably when entering the earths atmosphere. The meteor makes impact with the frozen Arctic Sea, from the smouldering remains demoniac creatures emerge. The organisms belong to a highly invasive species, consuming native species in order to spawn more of their kin. They spread into the Taymyr Peninsula, decimating the local wildlife and people before forming several hives in the area. The bewildered navy stationed nearby inform Soviet high command of the infestation.
    - Another anomaly is noted when a bright flashing unidentified object is shot out of the air near Los Angeles by a United States aerial barrage. The shuttle crashes into the Pacific Ocean, taking its mysteries with it, but not before sending a cryptic message into outer space.
    - The United States and its allies gain the upper hand against the Japanese during the Battle of Midway, marking the turning point of the Pacific War.
    - The Battle of Stalingrad begins. It is mankind’s bloodiest battle yet. By the end of the year the skirmish has turned in favour of the Russians and it might even turn the war in favour of the Soviet Union.
    - With Stalin occupied with other matters the parasitic aliens, dubbed ‘Taymyr,’ are able to spread into the Siberian badlands, reaching the Central Siberian Plateau by the end of the year.

Send your turn to me in the following format:
    Technology: Give me three techs to research.
    Military: Military actions and development of military.
    Foreign Affairs: Diplomacy and non-military actions affecting other nations.
    Internal Affairs: Anything inside your own country, such as politics and law.
    Example of a turn sheet:
    Technology:
    - Assault rifle
    - Radar
    - Nuclear bomb
    Military:
    - The government requests fire arms from Germany.
    - Partisan units are created to deal with manpower shortage.
    - The military invades Papua New Guinea.
    Foreign Affairs:
    - Grain is sold to Europe.
    - An attempt is made to assassinate Stalin.
    Internal Affairs:
    - Grain is subsidized.
    - Fascist parties are banned by law.
    Turn 1 [1943-1944] : http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post46655974
    Turn 2 [1944 January - July]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    Finland go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    September 2014
    1,549 Posts
    Iceland stronk.

Edited:

Also I can help with maps.

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    Also I can help with maps.
    I would appreciate that. Could you contact me on steam?

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    September 2014
    1,549 Posts
    I would appreciate that. Could you contact me on steam?
    I'll do it when I get home.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,750 Posts
    I'll be the Germans.

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    September 2014
    1,549 Posts
    who wants to start the X-Com project in Iceland.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    937 Posts
    I like it, its giving me some Worldwar vibes.
    As my first actual Nation RP ill go through as the United States. Still need to think about the turn though.
    EDIT: My indecisiveness strikes again. Thanks for the example turn.

9. Post #9
    January 2012
    1,002 Posts
    Brazil will turn it's xenophobia to the skies.

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    I like it, its giving me some Worldwar vibes.
    As my first actual Nation RP ill go through as the United States. Still need to think about the turn though.
    EDIT: Yeah, im backing out. Someone better at this should take the US slot.
    I added an example turn to the original post, I hope it helps you.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,750 Posts
    Maybe the people being irrelevant nations should be important nations like America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts

Geographic map of the Taymyr Peninsula with alien hives marked with dots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2012
    1,002 Posts
    Just like real hives!

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,750 Posts
    Sneak peek for next turn:

"Hey kids, wanna buy some fascism?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    10,876 Posts
    Should have shopped my avatar onto his face
    or kriegsmar1nes

I may join depending on the first turn, that'll probably give a nice solid moisturized feel on what the game will be like.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    937 Posts
    Do we have an ETA on when the first turn may start? Im curious.

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    Do we have an ETA on when the first turn may start? Im curious.
    I want to finish it this weekend.

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    READ ME AND SEND IN TURNS AS TURN 2
    Turn 1 – 1943-1944

Alien Activity
    - Taymyr creatures are spotted in Central Siberia. People disappear at an alarming rate. Local folklore becomes contaminated with stories of "two-faced beasts", "blood sucking wolves" and other horrors. Huntsmen often find the desiccated remains of victims until they themselves fall victim to alien attacks. Alien structure seem incompatible with the natural environment as trees sink away in its living floor, which spreads across the landscape like a mould. The Siberian Military District becomes familiarized with the Taymyr horrors as the aliens begin closing in on mineral deposits. The Taymyr threat turns more complicated as it consumes more of Earth’s resources. Creature carapaces grow thicker after being shot a great deal of time and new creature abilities requires adaptable stratagem. The military units facing the Taymyr become deranged as their forces scatter and ultimaly succumb to a new type of warfare.

Nazi Germany
    Germany faces defeat at Stalingrad and another one at Kursk. Germany’s offensive forces are crippled as the Soviets make a crushing advance. The Nazis turn to total war and send foreign soldiers and hastily raised militia into the grinder, these expendable troops manage to slow down the inevitable advance of the red army. The German Reich sues for peace with the Anglo-Saxons but it’s to late for sympathy now.

The Nazis try to ameliorate the situation by upgrading small arms. Beginning with their machine gun, which they improve by lowering its firing, German engineers have also made it lighter and thus easier to transport. Automatic rifles are beginning to replace submachine guns and bolt action rifles. In addition to this the Germans upgrade tank armour, which slows down the already stagnating production as the Allies continue strategic bombings. Defeatist Germans question if these improvements will make any impact on the war effort, but they are silenced shortly after.

United States of America
    The United States Coast Guard finds a wreckage of unknown nature, it is nothing like anyone has ever seen before. It is identified as the object shot down near L.A. and is promptly moved to a remote lot for further investigation. The mysterious alloy that makes up the exterior of the craft is strong, durable but easily cut through using thermite. The technology inside is unknown and so dissimilar to contemporary American technology that it is almost impossible to reverse engineer.

The air force is now developing interceptor planes, powered by jet engines and equipped with advanced radars. The first prototypes boast a insignificant increase in speed, which allows them to barely intercept other planes, but through advancements in engine capacity the first military fighter jets should get be faster.

The United States government is contrite over the hardships that Japanese American service men are put through in internment camps, because of this they are released. It is seen as a rather bold move, knife attacks consequently happen which causes anti-Japanese sentiment to escalate resulting in multiple deaths. Incidentally, fascist movements seem to be on a rise after a long period of decline and it turns into a big scare.

The military-industrial complex usurps control of military research and development funds. Even though American soldiers are already the armed with powerful semi-automatic rifles and rapid firing submachine guns the military still insists on commissioning the development of more effective small arms. Some of the most renown arms manufacturers work together to create a automatic carbine chambered in .300 savage, it is effectively dangerous.

The air force is inspired into introducing interceptor planes, powered by jet engines and equipped with advanced radars. The first prototypes boast a insignificant increase in speed, which allows them to barely intercept other planes, but through advancements in engine capacity the first military fighter jets should get be faster.

Brazil
    - Brazil isolates itself from the world. The Vargas regime then uses international loans to expand its security force. The government of Brazil does not interest itself in international affairs but only in solidifying its dictatorships. The economy grows nevertheless.

19. Post #19
    Terminal Velocity
    April 2011
    3,162 Posts
    -snip, probably won't have enough time-

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    Mutation:
    - Hardened carapace.
    - Quick movement
    - Trigger

Kill:
    - Expand into humanity and remove humans.

Kill all Humans:
    - Extract nutrient from the earth.

Kill the weak:
    - Kill

21. Post #21
    July 2013
    2,404 Posts
    Someone should be Mexico, then we have real aliens.

22. Post #22
    March 2011
    1,287 Posts
    Someone should be Mexico, then we have real aliens.
    Real ILLEGAL aliens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    I still need two turns from Germany and Brazil, I have already received a turn from USA, and I have an unspecific turn for the UK which I will use for turn 2.

24. Post #24
    March 2011
    1,287 Posts
    I think you're a bit late to only start asking about turns. About 2 months late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,485 Posts
    eh nevermind