1. Post #41
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    9,396 Posts
    Heil Putin!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
    Yeah seriously, Hitler knew how to give a damn good speech. He put a lot of passion and energy into them.
    And that's why when you listen to a speech with that level of influence, you gotta be pretty careful so you don't get swept up in the moment. Sure a lot of us take much more to be convinced, but not everyone has that level of scepticism and waryness as a shield against honeyed words.

3. Post #43
    Dennab
    January 2012
    565 Posts
    Hitler's speeches were bullshit and are hard for me to ever listen to because their content is so baffling and incoherent. Anyone with a brain should laugh at what he says in any of his speeches. Content it always more important than presentation.
    That's not how the real world works, outside of the keyboard.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,325 Posts
    yes such attempts to pupet-states through use of military force does is detatched from reality, putin is completely right, governments should not try to usurp a country's government so as to best fit their own country's needs.

this guy loves to basically state what he's already done and say he would never do it

Edited:

Hitler's speeches were bullshit and are hard for me to ever listen to because their content is so baffling and incoherent. Anyone with a brain should laugh at what he says in any of his speeches. Content it always more important than presentation.
    hard to think critically when you're in a crowd cheering, and the rally was the first time that week you've had a free and descent meal, and the promises of prosperity coupled with the large shows of power were very persuasive when your country has suffered so much at the hands of foreign oppressors (not that germany wasn't responsible for starting ww1, but people in germany always said the french did)

5. Post #45
    Dennab
    September 2014
    1,549 Posts
    He is right about this stuff.

Post cold war the US have been unopposed.

They have used this lack of opposition for illegal wars, exploiting other countries, spying on their allies, funding terrorists, destabilising regimes, war crimes. Its slightl hypocritical, specifically the part where he mentions "violating states sovereignty by funding terrorists" but being a hypocrite doesn't mean he is wrong.

I would rather have 2 evils keeping each other in check than 1 evil unopposed.
    Which regimes has the US secretly destabilized since the fall of the Soviet Union. When has any country not spied on another country (every single country spies) and how would the Soviet Union stop that. The US has only been in a single 'illegal' war, and all war crimes have been done on a local level.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    Getting compared to Hitler in regards to public speaking is a compliment, as far as I am concerned.
    ability to manipulate people using pathos is usually frowned upon

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,325 Posts
    Yeah seriously, Hitler knew how to give a damn good speech. He put a lot of passion and energy into them.
    you realise he was on meth and coke like since about the time he rose to power in the nazi party, of course someone's going to have tons of energy and passion when they're on that stuff, hell we give people meth as a treatment for ADD (in medical forms though)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    Dennab
    January 2012
    565 Posts
    you realise he was on meth and coke like since about the time he rose to power in the nazi party, of course someone's going to have tons of energy and passion when they're on that stuff, hell we give people meth as a treatment for ADD (in medical forms though)
    I have never heard of this before.

9. Post #49
    July 2013
    2,404 Posts
    Hitler had his doctors come up with experimental drugs for him, I don't think Hitler did meth or coke.

10. Post #50
    December 2011
    288 Posts
    What the hell that was considered Hitler like? It was basically Putin just rambling away with a terribly voiced dub while being incredibly boring. Hell Cameron's speech this week was more Hitler like at least he had some passion in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    9,396 Posts
    What the hell that was considered Hitler like? It was basically Putin just rambling away with a terribly voiced dub while being incredibly boring. Hell Cameron's speech this week was more Hitler like at least he had some passion in it.
    The translation and voice over does not do justice.

12. Post #52
    September 2012
    585 Posts
    Hitler's speeches were bullshit and are hard for me to ever listen to because their content is so baffling and incoherent. Anyone with a brain should laugh at what he says in any of his speeches.
    I know that 'Mein Kampf' is full of laughable shit, but Hitler's speeches (which you can look up on youtube) are pretty much true regarding the US' foreign policy back then and even today.

Content it always more important than presentation.
    Yeah, if your presentation sucks nobody will listen to you nonetheless.

13. Post #53
    June 2010
    1,100 Posts
    Hitler had his doctors come up with experimental drugs for him, I don't think Hitler did meth or coke.
    These were for soldiers, as Hitler wanted to create a super soldier. As for himself, Adolf was highly accurate in matters of personal health, except 3 last years before suicide, when he even went full vegan just because his body couldn't accept meat products.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,677 Posts
    He is right about this stuff.

Post cold war the US have been unopposed.

They have used this lack of opposition for illegal wars, exploiting other countries, spying on their allies, funding terrorists, destabilising regimes, war crimes. Its slightl hypocritical, specifically the part where he mentions "violating states sovereignty by funding terrorists" but being a hypocrite doesn't mean he is wrong.

I would rather have 2 evils keeping each other in check than 1 evil unopposed.
    Although to be fair both of them afaik did all of that to far greater degrees during the cold war. A cold war should not be the goal but rather a peaceful, globalized multipolar world, which at least in this speech Putin says he/Russia wants to strive towards (though obviously there will still likely be *some* tension and dickwaving, which can actually be very productive if not escalated to threats/acts of violence). Hopefully he won't "change his mind", or the US attempt to hinder this to maintain monopoly of superpower status, or it breaking out in a multipolar chaotic clusterfuck of a cold war.

15. Post #55
    December 2011
    288 Posts
    Content it always more important than presentation.
    In public speaking though that's not true, today it can be easier to fact check, but emotion and 'values' matter more than logic and facts. One of the reasons Regan was so popular wasn't that everyone agreed with his policy's, rather they saw him as a man with good morals and values.