1. Post #41
    April 2013
    320 Posts
    For the longest time I thought the Stockbroker's Scarf was actually called the "Sockburner's Scarf"
    Apparently I can't read.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    August 2013
    9,711 Posts
    people thinking vaccinator and loosecannon were made for mvm

ha.
    I think they were inteded for MvM    i mean obviously they were since shipped with mecha- admittedly ranger isn't bad for mvm)    but in the end they didn't really stand well to the other options. The idea of bursting crowds apart would make sense for an MvM weapon until you realize it's more effective to kill them instantly while they're all together. Vaccinator was designed before revives (though it can be effective for fast revives, i don't believe it was designed for this) so it's based on switching damage type and saving from enemies. Until you realize it's easier to build resistances and not worry about that issue.

They're decent weapons on their own but they're nowhere near a game changer or "new meta" for MvM

Edited:

For the longest time I thought the Stockbroker's Scarf was actually called the "Sockburner's Scarf"
    Apparently I can't read.
    I got the scout and soldier's names mixed up when i talked to my cousin that played tf2

i'd always talk about how i like going fast as the soldier and shooting rocket as scout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    August 2013
    991 Posts
    people thinking vaccinator and loosecannon were made for mvm

ha.
    I use both in MvM pretty frequently.

When you fully upgrade the vaccinator uber rate and uber duration you get basically instant revives.

The Loose Cannon isn't the best grenade launcher for MvM but I find it pretty useful. The knockback can knock a bomb carrier off course and if you consistently double donk you deal a high amount of burst damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Dennab
    July 2013
    2,522 Posts
    Well I sold my Max's Severed Head for a Hound Dog.
    That was my hound dog wasn't it? Well I sold your Max for 4 random hats later, little did I know.

I do miss when trading was just trading and not about all this baloney with "supply and demand" resulting in ridiculous expensive prices.

Edit:
    Haha you still have the hound dog and its turned vintage!!!!! Oh man history was written that day and I think it was my first hat drop, keep it safe for me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 18Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    now that i remember, i crafted a cross com away because it was ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    April 2011
    65 Posts
    -I thought that closed doors on maps could be opened by pressing E on them.
    -That replenishing ammo at dispensers uses up their metal supply.
    -Crits worked on buildables.
    -That the Kritzkrieg gave both invulnerability AND crits.
    -Mediguns' charges are active constantly, as long as your meter is at 100%. (this and the above were during my first ever game of tf2)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    March 2013
    6,367 Posts
    I seriously asked my friend if he could trade his Purple Energy Dr. Dapper's Topper for my Ghastly Gibus after I got it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

8. Post #48
    August 2014
    434 Posts
    -That replenishing ammo at dispensers uses up their metal supply.
    Wait? IT DOESN'T?
    I have almost 1000 hours on Tf2 and always thought that.
    My whole life was a lie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    I thought that you have to unlock each class one by one after I saw a video on YouTube titled "Unlocked the Scout"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    3,604 Posts
    When you fully upgrade the vaccinator uber rate and uber duration you get basically instant revives.
    Quick Fix with maxed heal rate pretty much does the same thing and you don't even need to use uber
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,554 Posts
    At the beginning of my carreer I was content playing on nighteam.com servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    April 2014
    116 Posts
    I thought that disguising as an enemy while you were spy was completely useless because I believed that all it did was add the mask to your playermodel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 32Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #53
    May 2013
    3,545 Posts
    I used to believe the Kritzkrieg healed faster than the Medigun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,978 Posts
    And now you've realised it's really fun?

Seriously though, if you don't find it fun, why are you even here?
    Perhaps I wasn't being serious.

15. Post #55
    Wait? IT DOESN'T?
    I have almost 1000 hours on Tf2 and always thought that.
    My whole life was a lie
    Almost 1850 hours and I thought it would just use up less than metal but still something ._.

Edited:

I think I also used to think for a while that a cloaked spy would be slightly visible while moving like in TFC (or just FF?)

16. Post #56
    April 2014
    112 Posts
    Before I realized that the Flare Gun could crit burning players, I assumed the Detonator was a direct upgrade.

Boy was I mistaken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,914 Posts
    That was my hound dog wasn't it? Well I sold your Max for 4 random hats later, little did I know.

I do miss when trading was just trading and not about all this baloney with "supply and demand" resulting in ridiculous expensive prices.

Edit:
    Haha you still have the hound dog and its turned vintage!!!!! Oh man history was written that day and I think it was my first hat drop, keep it safe for me!
    Would you like it back? I think you'd likely give it a better home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

18. Post #58
    December 2013
    260 Posts
    I called the machina "The machine-a" for about a year until I heard someone else pronounce it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Dennab
    July 2013
    2,522 Posts
    Would you like it back? I think you'd likely give it a better home.
    Nah I'm fine I got an aces high hound dog now anyway :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    July 2014
    1,235 Posts
    I still call it that because nobody can hear the things in my head :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    I'm surprised no-one mentioned gravetalk yet.

Also I've always thought it was "suprised" until now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    August 2014
    2,171 Posts
    I actually used to the think the Gibus was a bad hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    July 2013
    1,289 Posts
    i thought every time you disguised it would create a random playername for you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    4,234 Posts
    That you can shoot through these fucking chain link fences.
    But you can damn sure shoot through those tiny ass spaces in the planks on Badwater ' s midpoint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    Giant fuckbots
    January 2012
    1,631 Posts
    I thought trade_plaza was an official map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

26. Post #66
    April 2014
    646 Posts
    I thought Medic couldn't be backstabbed due to that thing on his back. Same with Scout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    April 2014
    28 Posts
    I avoided backstabbing pyros because I thought his gas tank would explode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 30Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    13,207 Posts
    I thought the Shortstop was a Scout secondary and kept thinking that the game was bugged and wouldn't let me equip it.
    You're not alone

Edited:

I use both in MvM pretty frequently.

The Loose Cannon isn't the best grenade launcher for MvM but I find it pretty useful. The knockback can knock a bomb carrier off course and if you consistently double donk you deal a high amount of burst damage.
    Quick Fix is better for instarevives. It's (or was while I played MvM) my go-to medigun for Manhattan, it was all about kicking - either me or the bots' asses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,218 Posts
    I thought using australium paint on my gibus was a good idea.

I still like running australium gibusvision sometimes.

30. Post #70
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    Traded my sandles and summer shades for 2 refined. It's STILL worth a shitload now. Oh the sadness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    September 2014
    234 Posts
    I pronounced deus-ex specs "DOOS-EX" instead of "dey-us-ex" for a few months after I learned about their existence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    541 Posts
    I thought the Kritzkrieg was a direct upgrade to the Medigun, I thought mine was broken when I popped uber and didn't become invincible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    December 2013
    1,564 Posts
    I called Soldier as "Solider" for a long time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    December 2013
    260 Posts
    I still find that a considerable amount of new players think the rocket jumper does damage. valve should probably change the description on that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 98 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,671 Posts
    I still find that a considerable amount of new players think the rocket jumper does damage. valve should probably change the description on that
    If they can't comprehend "-100% damage penalty" and "no-damage rocket launcher", I don't think they can comprehend anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 27Zing Zing x 2 (list)

36. Post #76

October 2014
    91 Posts
    I thought scrap metal (the crafting kind) was that stuff left behind from a dead building

I also thought that wearing a gibus and pyrovision goggles made you cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #77
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,511 Posts
    To be fair, you can make some good loadouts using a gibus. Just like you can make some good loadouts with the pyrovision. Just don't Pyrovison+Gibus.

Gibus examples:
    Gibus (Plain)
    Camera Beard

Gibus (plain)
    Apparition's Aspect
    Sight for Sore Eyes

Pyrovision exmaples:
    War Head
    Pyrovision
    The All-Father

Executioner
    Pyrovision
    Medi-Mask

Prussian Pickelhaube
    Pyrovision
    Medi-Mask
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    September 2014
    70 Posts
    I never knew what a Rocket Jump was until 200 Hours into the game until I saw someone on 2fort jump across the bridge roof in a series of jump and market garden a random Medic.

I also did not know you could disguise as your own team until 800 hours into the game. Main Spy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    4,234 Posts
    I find the first of those incredibly hard to believe unless you spent the first 198 hours idling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #80
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,511 Posts
    I also did not know you could disguise as your own team until 800 hours into the game.
    Not surprising. A lot of people never figured this out. A lot. I didn't find out until the Scout update hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)