1. Post #1
    January 2014
    313 Posts
    Show off your Left 4 Dead 2 models here! They can be custom or ported from other games.

Skins, models, weapons or pretty much anything model based are valid. WIPs are fine too.

Keep in mind that this is not a request thread so any requests made will not be completed.

Good luck and happy modding!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2014
    313 Posts

Replacing the Left 4 Dead 2 tank with King Kong! What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,360 Posts
    King Kong for the tank? That seems...oddly fitting, for some strange reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2014
    313 Posts
    Fur removed due to polycount.

The polycount with fur was around 58,000 and around 9,000 without it.

Next is to fix up some model aspects...

Edited:

King Kong for the tank? That seems...oddly fitting, for some strange reason.
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I compared the two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2012
    386 Posts

Replacing the Left 4 Dead 2 tank with King Kong! What do you guys think?
    What the fuck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2014
    313 Posts
    Yeah, pretty random but the Tank and King Kong have similar body shapes.

7. Post #7
    April 2006
    1,416 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2014
    313 Posts
    King Kong is in Source but my weighting sucks so I need to get better at that...

Here is a little gif representing what I want to do every time I fix one weight and then 3ds Max screws up my other weights.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2006
    1,416 Posts
    Weights generally only screw up when you mirror them or try to modify the mesh under the skin modifier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,511 Posts
    I wouldn't call 3 weeks that big of a bump, and the fact I'm including an addon to post, I feel it should be okay.

LEFT 4 DEAD 2 BETA BASEBALL BAT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2014
    313 Posts
    I thought this thread died but I guess not! :P

I'll start making some mods soon.

Edited:

I might even finish the King Kong mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,511 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2009
    786 Posts
    TBH the reduced poly version of King Kong just looks like a shaved Gorilla. The version with hair didn't look too good either, like someone put styling gel in the fur. Maybe something can be done with the textures to simulate it?

Off that topic:
    Now that I think of it I wonder if anyone has ever created a Left 4 Dead/Dead Space mod.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,781 Posts
    I started on some L4D1 Beta-styled L4D2 survivors a few months ago...

Anyone got any ideas on how to improve these guys? Any suggestions for Nick's and Rochelle's new clothes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    1,584 Posts
    I made a mod for the CI with Scouts some years ago, they used the CI bodygroups to have randomized hats:

Sadly I never figured out a way to fix the colours so I gave up and lost the files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,360 Posts

Anyone got any ideas on how to improve these guys? Any suggestions for Nick's and Rochelle's new clothes?
    For Coach, I'd suggest using the shirt that they gave him for the L4D2 beta (the blue and yellow shirt, if I remember the color scheme correctly) with some small tears in it to reveal the black undershirt you have on him already. As for Ellis, he looks pretty good as-is for the most part. Only real suggestion I could give for his appearance is editing the red shirt a bit so that it looks like it has buttons running down the length of the shirt, and maybe a patch or two on the coat he's wearing.

I've got an idea for Nick, but I'm drawing blanks for Rochelle. Nick's labeled as a gambler in the game files and referred to as a con-man by Rochelle in the beginning of The Passing, so I'd suggest maybe putting him in one of those jumpsuits that prisoners wear in a state penitentiary with some noticeable tearing (one sleeve torn off completely and revealing a white long-sleeve shirt, the other sleeve partially torn around the shoulder and completely torn around the wrist), as well as some pieces of riot gear for the vest, legs, and arms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    6,820 Posts

Maybe add more variation to those shotgun bandoliers; some possible wear and tear on their clothing, bags under eyes to show their exhaustion and how tired they are. Or an ammo pouch attached to their limbs or some pistol magazines in their pockets?
    Search up some armor sets from Fallout, I'm sure some inspiration can come from some of the sets they have where improvised gear is used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,511 Posts

not to make them look like bums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    All in all, the clock is slow.
    April 2008
    3,004 Posts
    Had some models done for L4D2 last month to get more comfortable with rigging and getting into the workflow.

Meryl.
    Carley.
    Lilly is broken online atm and I'm too lazy to fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,781 Posts
    For Coach, I'd suggest using the shirt that they gave him for the L4D2 beta (the blue and yellow shirt, if I remember the color scheme correctly) with some small tears in it to reveal the black undershirt you have on him already. As for Ellis, he looks pretty good as-is for the most part. Only real suggestion I could give for his appearance is editing the red shirt a bit so that it looks like it has buttons running down the length of the shirt, and maybe a patch or two on the coat he's wearing.

I've got an idea for Nick, but I'm drawing blanks for Rochelle. Nick's labeled as a gambler in the game files and referred to as a con-man by Rochelle in the beginning of The Passing, so I'd suggest maybe putting him in one of those jumpsuits that prisoners wear in a state penitentiary with some noticeable tearing (one sleeve torn off completely and revealing a white long-sleeve shirt, the other sleeve partially torn around the shoulder and completely torn around the wrist), as well as some pieces of riot gear for the vest, legs, and arms.
    Personally I hate the colors of his beta shirt in L4D2, it just looks butt-ugly to me. I might just make that shirt black and his undershirt white. For some reason I never thought of adding tears to their clothes- I should do that, thanks! Buttons sound like a good idea as well.

As for Nick, a prison suit's actually been done before:

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/2903
    and a torn sleeve version as well: http://l4d2.gamebanana.com/skins/125325

not to make them look like bums.
    I will admit Coach looks pretty bum-y, but to be honest, I thought all the L4D1 beta survivors looked pretty bum-like, but in a good way. Aka why I wanted to make L4D1 beta-styled L4D2 survivors.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,511 Posts
    I will admit Coach looks pretty bum-y, but to be honest, I thought all the L4D1 beta survivors looked pretty bum-like, but in a good way. Aka why I wanted to make L4D1 beta-styled L4D2 survivors.
    they weren't supposed to look like bums

Edited:

plus, all the survivors besides bill (to an extent) that splinks release have really bad textures.

22. Post #22
    All in all, the clock is slow.
    April 2008
    3,004 Posts
    I thought the bum-look would suit the survivors since they're in an apocalyptic setting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,781 Posts
    Survivalist Nick

He's become a changed man, unrecognizable as who he once was. All that's left is the savage beast inside, the one that claws to escape, the one that perseveres...

Just an idea I had for a very rugged version of Nick. Might do the other 7 survivors in this style as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

June 2014
    695 Posts
    Survivalist Nick

He's become a changed man, unrecognizable as who he once was. All that's left is the savage beast inside, the one that claws to escape, the one that perseveres...

Just an idea I had for a very rugged version of Nick. Might do the other 7 survivors in this style as well.
    That looks awesome.

I think the WIPs for Coach and Ellis you posted earlier would probably translate to the same style quite well, if you roughed them up like poor Nick here.

(completely) Unqualified nitpick: the part in his hair looks just a bit too clean. It doesn't look like he styled it that way, but I'm not sure it looks like he slept with it that way either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)