1. Post #881
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,559 Posts
    Finally got all 5 Warchiefs branded. Don't seem to be able to do anything with them, though. They're "at my command", yet all I can do is get intel off of them, which ain't any good.
    Exactly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #882
    Dennab
    November 2005
    15,262 Posts
    Finally got all the artifacts and ithildin.

3. Post #883
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,341 Posts
    Finally got all 5 Warchiefs branded. Don't seem to be able to do anything with them, though. They're "at my command", yet all I can do is get intel off of them, which ain't any good.
    After the story part where you need them is done you can command them to start riots against other captains and warchiefs that you haven't branded

4. Post #884
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,760 Posts

Subtle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #885
    May 2010
    472 Posts
    I approached a captain on top of a Graug and it turned invisible for some reason

Killed him though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #886
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES

August 2007
    5,412 Posts
    Found a captain that was essentially immune to everything except ranged weapons. Had a shield and armor, so frontal attacks were really difficult. Also blocked jumping over you, so it was hard to get around him to attack from behind. When you did, good thing he has the quick turning attribute, so you only have a millisecond to actually attack. And if you fuck up and die, he has no chance.

I managed to get him branded after trying for a while, dying once, and losing a branded captain that tried to save me. Got him to power 20 which I think might be the max where I am. Then accidentally killed him instead of interrogate, because 'Dominate' turns into 'Kill' when you already have all the intelligence on all the officers.

ANGER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,302 Posts
    I dislike that the head explody move replaces the awesome sword finishing kill when dominating enemies. That one was always so brutal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #888
    Leviticus 20:13
    Dennab
    June 2012
    2,101 Posts
    After the story part where you need them is done you can command them to start riots against other captains and warchiefs that you haven't branded
    More story missions? Ugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #889
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,275 Posts
    I dislike that the head explody move replaces the awesome sword finishing kill when dominating enemies. That one was always so brutal.
    Yeah the sword one is much cooler to watch. It's a lot less common though

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    6,402 Posts
    I strongly dislike when I see a captain I want to promote to a warchief, then decide to start with a shadow strike only to watch Talion cut his off in first hit and realize that it was one of his weaknesses.

Well, at least I got Igor the Scar-artist to become a warchief.

11. Post #891
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,302 Posts
    Subtle?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

12. Post #892
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,275 Posts
    What buttons do I press to brand enemies when my hit streak is up on the Xbox one?

13. Post #893
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,341 Posts
    What buttons do I press to brand enemies when my hit streak is up on the Xbox one?
    a+b

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,760 Posts
    I'm playing this on the PC, using a playstation 3 controller in place of an xbox controller.

Its fine considering the layouts almost identical, but i always fuck up when a QTE call for me to press X.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #895
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,317 Posts
    wow the ending sucked

good thing the gameplay was solid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    6,402 Posts
    I'm playing this on the PC, using a playstation 3 controller in place of an xbox controller.

Its fine considering the layouts almost identical, but i always fuck up when a QTE call for me to press X.
    You'll get used to it. The first time ever I used a PS3-controller in a PC-game was Lords of Shadow 2 and I fucked up all the time but I learned the locations of XYAB pretty quickly due to shit tons of stuff having a QTE.

Now I'm using a PS4-controller on this game and I've never fucked up when I need to press certain buttons.

17. Post #897
    Dennab
    November 2005
    15,262 Posts
    What's the key for combat branding? I can't figure it out with in the pressure of combat

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,760 Posts
    What's the key for combat branding? I can't figure it out with in the pressure of combat
    It replaces drain moves. so whatever drain is.

19. Post #899
    Dennab
    November 2005
    15,262 Posts
    It replaces drain moves. so whatever drain is.
    Got it, it's C.

Drain is E.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    Dennab
    November 2005
    15,262 Posts
    Finally got 100% completion. Just need these 7 achievements then I'm done. 45 hrs in.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,559 Posts
    Franly, far too many of the game's achievements are highly situational and go against my playstyle (I'm a control freak), so I'll pass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #902
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,694 Posts
    I only need that level 25 rune achievement. It's a bitch, I've done the requirements for it twice already but had bad luck and got a epic rune instead.

23. Post #903
    Dennab
    November 2005
    15,262 Posts
    Black Celebration down!

Edited:

Burning Vengeance down!

Edited:

The White Rider down!

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,089 Posts
    I only need that level 25 rune achievement. It's a bitch, I've done the requirements for it twice already but had bad luck and got a epic rune instead.
    I spent an hour setting up to get it by branding this warchief's bodyguards and researching his traits etc. then when it came to do the deed and off him I thought I fucked up since he was surrounded by 30 orcs and was being executed when instead he needed to be killed by his weakness
    thank fuck his weakness was being afraid of betrayal, I was sulking while picking up the rune and it turned out to be a level 25 one
    shit stats though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #905
    Dennab
    November 2005
    15,262 Posts
    Rise and Fall down!

Edited:

Stinking Rebels down.

Now for the lvl 25 rune and the recruitment struggle one

26. Post #906
    May 2010
    472 Posts
    Just finished 100% completion, that's the first game in I don't know how long that I've actually went after that goal
    This game is amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #907
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,341 Posts
    where are any bats?

28. Post #908
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    where are any bats?
    Find the various caves in the first region, they'll be right at the entrance so use wraith vision to see if they're there first. Then start shooting them. They'll start flying out almost immediately, which can actually make them easier to hit since you'll often hit the roof of the cave shooting them while they hang there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #909
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    8,009 Posts
    Finally got 100% completion. Just need these 7 achievements then I'm done. 45 hrs in.

regarding that achievement on the top of the list, does anyone know if there's a way to make warchiefs WANT to turn other captains in to bodyguards? i never met a warchief with more than three. it's really frustrating because it's literally my last achievement I have to do and I just can not for the life of me figure out how to do it

30. Post #910
    December 2009
    1,048 Posts
    Command captains to be bodyguards. Commanding a captain to a warchief will put them in a trial, which if they succeed, they'll be hired as bodyguard to that warchief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #911
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    8,009 Posts
    Command captains to be bodyguards. Commanding a captain to a warchief will put them in a trial, which if they succeed, they'll be hired as bodyguard to that warchief.
    wait what, how do you do that? just command them while in the branding menu? i thought you couldn't make them do anything to warchiefs. huh, thanks, i'll check it out

32. Post #912
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,760 Posts

Got that right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #913
    Dennab
    November 2005
    15,262 Posts
    Grave-walker!
    Death-stalker!

Shut up!

34. Post #914
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    3,177 Posts
    Grave-walker!
    Death-stalker!

Shut up!
    Man-Swine! *oink!*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #915
    May 2010
    472 Posts
    You maggot!

Edited:

aw heck yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #916
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
    So yeah, a while back TB did a give-away involving Shadow of Mordor and bees. This was the winning entry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #917
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,700 Posts
    I got to admit that after not playing this for some time now, I really miss suddenly hearing "MAN FILTH!" and getting ambushed by some orc captain

I wish they would stalk me into other games why do I even miss this thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #918
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
    It's probably that it makes the game feel more alive and organic, having enemies that actively seek you out and remember you. Also gives the game a sense of "intimacy" (no not that kind) wherein you form actual connections between your enemies and the orcs you brand, where you get killed by one and he gets stronger as a result, giving you motivation to hunt that taffer down and exact revenge.

Just feels nice to be remembered by the ones who got away, makes you feel like you have more impact on the way the game pans out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #919
    May 2010
    472 Posts
    It's probably that it makes the game feel more alive and organic, having enemies that actively seek you out and remember you. Also gives the game a sense of "intimacy" (no not that kind) wherein you form actual connections between your enemies and the orcs you brand, where you get killed by one and he gets stronger as a result, giving you motivation to hunt that taffer down and exact revenge.

Just feels nice to be remembered by the ones who got away, makes you feel like you have more impact on the way the game pans out.
    I had a dude that came back like 4 times in a row, all within the same hour
    I was legit mad at him, I was really close to breaking my keyboard in two every time he popped up randomly somewhere
    fuck you, Hra the War-Bringer
       I started to miss him after he was gone for good, and then he popped up at my nemesis at the end   

40. Post #920
    What's brevity?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    24,062 Posts
    Well, you certainly had a chemistry with the War-Bringer, so three cheers for that guy!

Hip hip, Hra!
    Hip hip, Hra!
    Hip hip, Hra!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)