1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,850 Posts
    You both have an emoticon already written on the textbox, right? Like, then click that button
    Oh haha I thought it brought a list of smilies. My bad.

Edited:

worst use of smug ever

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,542 Posts
    I can again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,757 Posts
    I probably missed the most out it all of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,267 Posts
    Isn't it possible to buy emoticons on SA, to add them to the list of things you can use? I wish garry would add something like that for here. Imagine, :thatcat:, :austinpowers:, :postalsbutt:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts
    i still have my sax pin lying around somewhere

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,236 Posts

*national anthem playing*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

7. Post #47
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts
    I think that even if SA wasn't the ones who sabotaged it the last time, it's not a good idea to use their host. Just up them somewhere yourself, they are few KB each and they should get precached in the browsers fairly quickly at least for each session I think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #48
    February 2011
    13,132 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,947 Posts
    I think that even if SA wasn't the ones who sabotaged it the last time, it's not a good idea to use their host. Just up them somewhere yourself, they are few KB each and they should get precached in the browsers fairly quickly at least for each session I think?
    Last time it was hosted on d2k5 by that sperglord erika. She got mad over getting banned and set hotlinking to image replace with some stupid crap from shadman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #50
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    I can add a dropdown list of emoticons if you guys want, and I'll see if I can figure out some way to rehost them that won't be a bad idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

11. Post #51
    Get Hyped
    December 2009
    4,499 Posts
    I can add a dropdown list of emoticons if you guys want, and I'll see if I can figure out some way to rehost them that won't be a bad idea.
    won't any simple host like imgur work?

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,758 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    2,494 Posts

uh test

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,339 Posts
    nvm I got it.

new personal favourite
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,913 Posts
    I remember being an instaban
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux India Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    Super update time!
    "Add Emotes" button now appears on the advanced post form (and when creating a thread or editing a post). But it only works if you set the editor to non-WYSIWYG.
    The vanilla emoticon popup menu (the one you get if you press the smiley face in the editor) has been replaced by one that includes Facepunch's emoticons, as well as a search box for something awful. You can type emoticon names into it and they'll magically appear below the search box when you press enter. Then you can click on them and they'll appear in your post.

Things that weren't done in this update:
    Rehosting. Imgur's API rate-limits requests, so I've only gotten about 120 out of the 600+ emoticons uploaded. I'll get there eventually.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,505 Posts
    How do I install this on Chrome since it's not on the webstore?

Chrome won't let me enable it.l

18. Post #58
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    How do I install this on Chrome since it's not on the webstore?

Chrome won't let me enable it.l
    Install Tampermonkey.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    5,097 Posts

this is fucking perfect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #60
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,720 Posts
    script there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,765 Posts

Thank god, one step closer to good emotes on Facepunch again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,758 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,105 Posts
    I'm trying to import this to Tampermonkey but it says it can't parse it, what could be wrong?

24. Post #64
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    I'm trying to import this to Tampermonkey but it says it can't parse it, what could be wrong?
    It works for me, are you using this link?

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,134 Posts
    I never had this when I joined
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,105 Posts
    It works for me, are you using this link?
    No, I downloaded it and tried to do it from my PC.'
    Got it working now.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,269 Posts
    I really missed the character some of these gave to Facepunch.

Will definitely be installing this!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,578 Posts

Edited:

This is amazing.

29. Post #69
    STOP
    HAVING
    FUN

OR ELSE I'M LEAVING
    January 2010
    7,577 Posts
    Let me know when you're going to re-host the smileys, as I can browse through the Internet Archive for retired smileys that could also be added.

30. Post #70
    Dennab
    August 2007
    4,320 Posts
    I never went on Something Awful

what did I miss?
    Not much now, the quality of the forums fell off fairly sharp a few years ago.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,606 Posts
    doing good work man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    August 2009
    4,181 Posts
    this was always one of my favorites
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    631 Posts

This is glorious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    www.bff-hab.de
    May 2006
    3,291 Posts

Edited:

Thank you so much

35. Post #75
    holy shit i'd forgotten all about these

i love you op

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,657 Posts
    I'm glad most of the emoticons were removed, this isnt MSN messenger
    I agree that people should not be allowed to have fun on a serious website such as Facepunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #77
    www.bff-hab.de
    May 2006
    3,291 Posts

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    18,542 Posts
    I agree that people should not be allowed to have fun on a serious website such as Facepunch
    nobody takes this place less seriously than me i just think emoticons are stupid

39. Post #79
    www.bff-hab.de
    May 2006
    3,291 Posts
    nobody takes this place less seriously than me i just think emoticons are stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 20Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    it breaks up the monotony of pages of text and shitty avatars
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)