1. Post #8641
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,289 Posts

Merasmus' Private Stash

Stinky Voodoo

The Long Lost Laundry of Doom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Portugal Show Events Winner Winner x 49Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #8642
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    well obviously I can't draw XD
    Oh well then i guess you're excused!

no.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #8643
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    thankfully, poorly made concepts usually end being ignored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

4. Post #8644
    July 2014
    1,235 Posts
    Likely the last time ill be posting this due to how close its getting to Halloween.

Any takers? :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

5. Post #8645
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    10,640 Posts
    thankfully, poorly made concepts usually end being ignored.
    But they also clog up the thread which is a pain.

Edited:

Likely the last time ill be posting this due to how close its getting to Halloween.

Any takers? :)

Now THIS is how you draw a concept.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

6. Post #8646
    September 2012
    393 Posts
    so many nice models :o cant wait to see these ones added ingame, good work mates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac France Show Events

7. Post #8647
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    cave johnson hair style for engy, medic, sniper???

He-ho
    Probable done before ,duno

Honestly, I would putmore effort into these. Maybe take some advice, watch tutorials and so on. Saying stuff like "you can't draw" won't help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 2 (list)

8. Post #8648
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    Honestly, I would putmore effort into these. Maybe take some advice, watch tutorials and so on. Saying stuff like "you can't draw" won't help
    Just give up on radaghast honestly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

9. Post #8649
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,798 Posts
    Oh well then i guess you're excused!

no.   
    cough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Zing Zing x 27Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #8650

October 2013
    657 Posts
    well obviously I can't draw XD

now you can see why I don't draw reference when i get a idea I just go into blender most of the time and just model it out, out of my head :P

does any one else do that simply because you can't draw very good?
    This is a reoccurring issue among people trying to make concepts or models.
    "WELL OBVIOUSLY I DONT KNOW HOW SO LEAVE ME ALONE"
    what you should be doing instead of shitting out random underdeveloped content when you don't have much experience is taking the time and trying too develop your skills instead of showing things made with minimal effort/skill, and trying to excuse yourself by saying "i'm not good". we see so many people post "here's my first item!" and instead of having taken time too watch tutorials and develop some experience so that they can produce a reasonably well done item, they just try and ship there basic model with flat textures onto the workshop. i know i'm just a concept artist, but doesn't it seem like you should try too develop your skills well enough too make decent stuff instead of just shitting out random stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #8651
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    and that is why I don't make concept art i just make it in blender straight out of my head :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #8652
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    the difference being mine was intentionally    good   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

13. Post #8653
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    9,610 Posts
    the difference being mine was intentionally    good   
    jokes on you, I was just pretending to be    dumb   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #8654
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    and that is why I don't make concept art i just make it in blender straight out of my head :)
    it kinda shows, unfortunately.

in any case, bad concept art isnt much of a thing to be bothered by it. No need to make a fuss since, as i said, it eventually gets ignored, and you can always report it for spam if the author keeps spamming it.

so in other words, move on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events

15. Post #8655
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    what you should be doing instead of shitting out random underdeveloped content when you don't have much experience is taking the time and trying too develop your skills instead of showing things made with minimal effort/skill, and trying to excuse yourself by saying "i'm not good". we see so many people post "here's my first item!" and instead of having taken time too watch tutorials and develop some experience so that they can produce a reasonably well done item, they just try and ship there basic model with flat textures onto the workshop. i know i'm just a concept artist, but doesn't it seem like you should try too develop your skills well enough too make decent stuff instead of just shitting out random stuff?
    just for the record I choose not to make concept art, because well I never really liked to, like i said I just model it out of my head, that was also just to show how much I suck at drawing now that i've forgotton alot since my only once 7 years ago art class stuff, and even then I only remembered how to shadow stuff and give it a 3d effect on paper but that is all.

Edited:

anyways do you guys think i should continue and texture this engy pda i made last night or make it into something else?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #8656

October 2013
    657 Posts
    just for the record I choose not to make concept art, because well I never really liked to, like i said I just model it out of my head, that was also just to show how much I suck at drawing now that i've forgotton alot since my only once 7 years ago art class stuff, and even then I only remembered how to shadow stuff and give it a 3d effect on paper but that is all.

Edited:

anyways do you guys think i should continue and texture this engy pda i made last night or make it into something else?

instead of giving me us life story, you should try and work on your general item making skills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #8657
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    instead of giving me us life story, you should try and work on your general item making skills.
    knew I probably needed to re make it guess this one looks ugly.

18. Post #8658
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts

Edited:

Normally, I'm not a rude person, but that looks like a toy from McDonalds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

19. Post #8659
    July 2014
    1,235 Posts
    Why does the PDA have two screens?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #8660
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    Normally, I'm not a rude person, but that looks like a toy from McDonalds
    what kind of toy looks like that? and it's fine I don't take it as you being rude at all.

Edited:

Why does the PDA have two screens?
    it doesn't have two it is just the one big one the area below the screen is where like a red/blu logo would be and , you mean around the keys?

didn't notice it could be one untill you said something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #8661
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    what kind of toy looks like that? and it's fine I don't take it as you being rude at all.

Edited:

it doesn't have two it is just the one big one the area below the screen is where like a red/blu logo would be and , you mean around the keys?
    i think he was just implying it looks plastic and fake like a toy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

22. Post #8662
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    i think he was just implying it looks plastic and fake like a toy
    oh because of the temp colors I have applied to I guess so yea

23. Post #8663
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    it's more like the roundedness and too wacky proportions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #8664
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    it's more like the roundedness and too wacky proportions
    i'll remake it anyway's still plan on making the build screen be on the pda though when I get done remaking it.

25. Post #8665
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    784 Posts

Merasmus' Private Stash
    That's pretty clever right there! I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

26. Post #8666
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

I recall when some of you told me that this concept is poorly made
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #8667
    June 2014
    990 Posts
    I recall when some of you told me that this concept is poorly made
    Still kinda is though.

No offence   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #8668
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts
    It's obviousely not this

But you seem to ALWAYS forget the word concept just before art

I mean look at my old concepts

That what we call a piece of crap yeah, none effort put in.
    When it took me more then days to finish that Heavy concept

Also whatever, I will just shut up my mouth about my drawing skills ,and only post concept (and try to put more efforts, as usual)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

29. Post #8669
    March 2013
    7,071 Posts
    It's like all the middleschool computer class kids joined the highschool programming class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #8670
    October 2013
    133 Posts
    I'm actually going to have to counter this statement. And I say this with love Gibby ^_^. You see I believe that yes a person should put a whole lot of effort into their items/ concepts and try to make it as nice as they can, but people shouldn't be bashed to submission for being new to workshoping and just not having the experience... I Say this as I was and still am a NOOB at times and for me workshopping has been a learning experience in and of itself. I honestly sucked pretty bad for my first few submissions and the stigma of only professionals allowed can be upsetting for newer workshopers. Plus I gotta say when you are a new artist sometimes you haven't gotten to the point of training your brain to see certain things like flat textures and you only get better with practice... So Yes trying to do your best on everything you work on is important but sometimes other people's best isn't the same as you and being a intentionally condescending/ rude to people who have the same passion for TF2 and just want to contribute really makes you come of as a dink.

So ramble ramble rah rah rah I'm done with that.

now check out dis cute little guy ^_^ HE LIVES

Gotta get the few more things done... but yeah.. It's coming oh and thank EArkham again I got the eyes fixed ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #8671

January 2012
    6 Posts
    I made a thing!

upvote if you want, or don't it's cool! :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=322269297

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #8672
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    loving it questionablyi :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #8673
    October 2013
    133 Posts
    Dang hate showing my noobyness (it's a word) But I just can't figure out how to get that video to link right. >_<

34. Post #8674
    ZOEY SMITH
    November 2010
    4,018 Posts
    I made a thing!

Your smoothing is completely broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

35. Post #8675
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    I made a thing!

that is actually pretty darn cute, you have my up vote automaticly!

Edited:

Dang hate showing my noobyness (it's a word) But I just can't figure out how to get that video to link right. >_<
    its alright it happens, nothing to worry about man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #8676
    June 2014
    990 Posts
    The Blazin' Bristles:

Made by SrPelo and Myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

37. Post #8677
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    I'm actually going to have to counter this statement. And I say this with love Gibby ^_^. You see I believe that yes a person should put a whole lot of effort into their items/ concepts and try to make it as nice as they can, but people shouldn't be bashed to submission for being new to workshoping and just not having the experience... I Say this as I was and still am a NOOB at times and for me workshopping has been a learning experience in and of itself. I honestly sucked pretty bad for my first few submissions and the stigma of only professionals allowed can be upsetting for newer workshopers. Plus I gotta say when you are a new artist sometimes you haven't gotten to the point of training your brain to see certain things like flat textures and you only get better with practice... So Yes trying to do your best on everything you work on is important but sometimes other people's best isn't the same as you and being a intentionally condescending/ rude to people who have the same passion for TF2 and just want to contribute really makes you come of as a dink.

So ramble ramble rah rah rah I'm done with that.

now check out dis cute little guy ^_^ HE LIVES

Gotta get the few more things done... but yeah.. It's coming oh and thank EArkham again I got the eyes fixed ^_^
    people like rad arent new, they've been given advice multiple times, one time someone completely redrawing his concept to give him critique, and he pretty much ignored it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #8678
    April 2014
    139 Posts
    -Snip- Better version here:
    http://imgur.com/a/otL06#0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Late Late x 4 (list)

39. Post #8679
    September 2011
    795 Posts
    I made a thing!

The idea is really nice. I'm surprised I haven't seen it yet, so I like what you did.
    Some things tho, you should work a bit more on the textures (because they are low res), and also work a more on the hard edges, since apparently the smoothing looks kinda broken.

But it's a decent work. Nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #8680
    October 2014
    17 Posts
    The Blazin' Bristles:

Made by SrPelo and Myself.
    pryo fire version of santa's beard?